Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Zyg
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Nov 2013, 1:49 am

Hi everyone!

It was a huge relief to discover I was an aspie.. for years I have been down on myself for not being able to understand the simplest things, and developed myself in such a way that I have been able to mimic NT people pretty well. I have been meditating since I was a child (over 30 years) and have had a voracious appetite for learning and reading just about anything! So much so, that I developed a complicated set of behavior patterns that I use during my day to day life to fit in.

Finally, I know why I hyperfocus.. have to watch myself not to stutter, or speak too fast, or jump from topic to topic, lose track of what people are saying.. get into cycles of depression over social problems.. and on and on...

Finally.. I know it's not my fault, unlike all the people who have told me otherwise.

I can't tell you how much that meant to me.. and how much better I feel now that I know I can manage things, since I can't change my basic nature. And that would have been impossible before I knew what that nature was!

Thanks to all of you for being here, and thanks to the founder for being a shining light for all of us.

Hugs to all,

--Zyg

Sharkbait
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2013, 2:12 am

Hi & welcome, Zyg.

I found out fairly recently myself. I felt exactly the same.

It's nice to be normal in a group, finally, and finally nice to know what the heck was wrong with everyone! :wink:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 8:44 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 4:34 pm

Greetings, and welcome! :)