Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jampiecover
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2014, 8:36 am

Hi everyone
I'm a mom to three kids under the age of 9. About 4 months ago my 8 year old was diagnosed with Aspergers.

After reading up on this a lot, I realised I've had it most my life as well. This was more a relief than anything else, since I always felt different and have been labeled "weird" more than I would like to admit. Also I could never understand the "normal people" in this world.

I hope this blog will give me a lot of answers to questions I have about:
-Aspergers
-being a Mom and wife with Aspergers
-raising a son with Aspergers

Thank you in advance

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 7:10 pm

Welcome, hope you find what you're looking for

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 7:48 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 8:48 pm

Welcome!

SolinaJoki
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Apr 2014, 12:33 pm

Jampiecover wrote:
After reading up on this a lot, I realised I've had it most my life as well. This was more a relief than anything else, since I always felt different and have been labeled "weird" more than I would like to admit. Also I could never understand the "normal people" in this world.

I also realized that I had Asperger's when it was identified in both of my children. It made me realize why they were so, so hard to raise (it was not figured out until they were in their 20s. There was way less attention paid to Asperger's in the 1980s and 1990s when they were growing up.)

I understand your relief in finally understanding that there was a good explanation about feeling different. I can look back at my eldest child's life where I was totally persuaded there was something terribly "wrong" with her, because life was just to hard for her, and finally have an explanation why. Even though it was way to late to change things for her, it was a relief.

I hope knowing early with your 8-year-old makes life easier for him in having an explanation of why he is different from others.

Jampiecover
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2014, 1:25 pm

Thank you so very much for making me feel welcome. Today I did an online test... rdos I think. I found it through life on the spectrum website. According to the test I score 156 out of 200. Definately Aspergers.

I have so many questions but I'll go and look for answers on the rest of the forum.

Thank again