Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

hiramsviolethead
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2014, 7:08 pm

Hello! I'm a 21-year-old girl from Finland, and I finally self-diagnosed as an Aspie about half a year ago.

I'm probably not going to get a professional diagnosis any time soon. Like my psych said, I have many autism spectrum traits, but a diagnosis wouldn't really benefit me in my life situation. In school it would probably have helped me with my social problems and spared me from a lot of anxiety and self-loathing and painful attempts to act as "normal" (or neurotypical) as possible. Now it's too late for that, but my self-diagnosis has helped me so much in understanding and accepting myself, and that is so great!

I'm interested in many kinds of things and hoping to get to study something I'm into. Art in some form would be my number 1 choice, because I love to draw and paint and have some talent in it. Some things I also like are geology, astronomy, psychology, intersectional feminism / social justice and human rights, deer and antelope, fashion (sort of), and some fiction like magical girl stories and Welcome to Night Vale (which my username comes from, ha ha). I'm a lesbian and in a relationship (my girlfriend has no diagnosis but probably isn't completely neurotypical).

I guess that's all I have to say. I'm sure I'll enjoy my time on this forum! (I really appreciate the name, btw. Actually, when I was little, my friend sometimes jokingly asked me "which planet were you from again?" :D )

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 8:12 pm

It's uncanny, I know a girl well and to be perfectly honest, if I were Finnish (1/2 Norse across the pond over here) there's a chance you'd be dating her...

Suppose I'm luckier than that :D Anyways, welcome to the WP boards, I think your level-headedness will be much appreciated around here! FYI you needn't pick any particular planet on which to claim your origins, all planets & exoplanets previously occupied a favorite singularity of mine and I'm pretty sure more or less the same nonsense is ongoing with most of them...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 9:21 pm

best of luck in your art studies. welcome.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 8:15 am

Welcome to the site! :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 2:52 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Punk89
Butterfly