Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CadoWest
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Sep 2016, 9:46 pm

I'm not good at introductions.

I'm the mother of a diagnosed Aspie. He's eight going on nine. While going through the entire process of helping him get diagnosed so that he could get some therapy for anxiety and such, and taking all of the questionaires, and doing all the research and reading, I realized that clearly I am also an Aspie, and probably my husband is too. Really, likely so is our daughter--everyone in our house.

It answered so many questions I'd had all my life about myself and why I am the way I am, and why our family functions the way it does.

I haven't pursued a formal diagnosis for myself because my insurance will not cover it--they didn't for my son, in the end--my insurance covers nothing autism related, as it turns out, and it was pretty expensive for the testing. I'm not sure what would be gained, since I'm 1. fairly certain about it and 2. unlikely to do anything about it after being diagnosed anyway.

So, that's my story. I've been poking around and I feel like I've found my people here.

EgotisticalAltruist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2016, 8:34 am

Hi CadoWest, nice to meet you and welcome to wrong planet! After my diagnosis, it became apparent to my dad and I that I likely inherited it from him. Before we knew anything about autism, my dad told me on numerous occasions that out of all his kids, I was the most like him. There is no reason for him to get diagnosed and I personally know how expensive they are.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 2:11 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 2:18 pm

Hey CadoWest welcome. :sunny:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 2:25 pm

WELCOME, CadoWest----nice to meet you!!

I think you'll learn ALOT here, and will feel supported.