Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AliceInAspieland
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2012, 5:23 am

Hello Everyone!

I'm a 26 year old, woman from Australia. I was recently diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome.

I like to play with my dog, who is wonderful and makes me feel safe because I know that she'll protect me. She makes me feel good about myself, because she trusts me implicitly. She's also happy to just sit and keep me company. I also love other animals. I seem to be able to connect with them better than people. Animals seem to like me better too.

I enjoy reading and books. I'm trying to read a "No Fear" version of Shakespeare's Hamlet at the moment. It's slow going. I try to read a wide selection of genres.

I also like to write sometimes. I live in an imaginary world of sorts. I'm always thinking of stories. I tend to have trouble getting them down.

I draw and paint. Abstract works mostly. I'd like to paint realistic scenes or portraits, but in my quest for perfection I get frustrated to the point of tantrum. Currently I'm inspired by microphotographs (photos of things under very high magnification) of plants, cells and minerals.

I listen to music. Everything from classical, metal, french pop music, symphonic metal, rock, mainstream, industrial, EBM, dark wave, goth, some rap, ambient and retro. Every genre is featured to some extent on my iPod. I can't come at Justin Bieber though...

If there were two words that summed me up, they'd be....intellectual curiosity. I have an urge to learn things and get knowledge.

I try to be nice to everyone and be careful about what I say or type. I know that words can hurt people. I've been bullied and tormented. It made me feel awful, I wouldn't want someone to feel that way because of me. So, if I unwittingly say or type something which upsets or offends you. Please tell me. I won't be mad. It's probably just because I don't understand. So you'd be helping me, really.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Alice.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2012, 5:33 am

Hi there, welcome to WP :D

I'm an Aussie too; what area are you from? I like animals and writing too, so if you ever want to talk about any of these things, or anything in general, just pm me :)

Have a great day :D

DoniiMann
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 5:55 am

Born in SA. Grew up in Qld. Living in Tas. It's a wonderful country. And there are a number of us here from Aus. Welcome aboard.

BrokenBill
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2012, 7:33 am

Welcome to WP Alice.

You are very likely an Aspie

Stuki
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Sep 2012, 8:20 am

Hey nice to meet you..Would love to see your art. If you want to chat and make a freind message me :)

Hope you enjoy this place

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 9:59 am

Welcome.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 9:51 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage

AliceInAspieland
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Sep 2012, 4:10 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I live about 3 hours south of Sydney. About a 10 minute walk from the beach and I've got the bush pretty much on my back fence. It's mostly quiet here, I can hear the ocean and the birds outside. In summer there are a few dirt bikes that go through the bush, which the dog and I both hate.

Any of you can also PM me if you like....

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 12:00 pm

Hi & welcome,
Dogs are trully great companions! I have two small ones and they are with me most always. When we encounter dangers though, they run to me to pick them up & then they start barking ferociously and nearly tearing me to pieces with their 'let-me-at-em' kicking and scratching. :lol: Sorry that you had the bullying. Many of us here have experienced it in one form or another. I am interested in writing too, but its a new interest and have only done some joint online storywriting. But story ideas, parts of ideas, and daydreaming are things my brain has always spontaneously generated in excess.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 1:38 pm

I thought curiosity was on Mars looking for signs of past life :D

kiwifruit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2012, 9:11 pm

Hi everyone I am in the process of establishing a social group for adults with AS in Perth ,Western Australia if you wish to join the group please search Aspergers Adults Perth on facebook and feel free to join thankyou.

chesterton
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2012, 11:40 pm

are there any aspies from melbourne on here ?
:) :) :) :)

351Boss
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2012, 11:53 pm

Gawd, we're all coming out of the woodwork now, another one from Perth here:o)

Appleisbetter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Sep 2012, 2:30 am

Hi I'm from Victoria , Paynesville on the gippsland lakes , we have two dogs one cat , living on the lakes I get wombats , kangaroos , lizards , echidna's and lots of birds in my front yard I love living in this country. Glad to see lots of aussies on this site.

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2012, 10:52 pm

Hi Alice.

BTW Sydney is the coolest.

Australia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2012, 10:25 am

CobaltBlew wrote:
Hi Alice.

BTW Sydney is the coolest.

I use to live in sydney doing furniture removaling, way to busy for my taste. Clubs etc are boring to me so moved.