Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Iccc
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2013, 4:15 pm

Hello there everyone this is my first post here so I'm a little nervous right now. So I will start with some short, random trivia about myself.

My name is Mike and I have what people would call 'lower functioning Aspergers'. You can call me by my username (Its pronounced like Ice with a held 'c' (Sounds similar to I-sss.))
I am currently in college on my first course and am hoping to get into art & design to further my artistic skills.

My current interests including the following; Anime & Manga (Currently watching through When They Cry), Video games (Visual Novels are my favourite) Drawing, Music (I'm very 'colourful' when it comes to music) and philosophical thinking.

I hope I can fit in here and maybe make some friends along the way. I wish to have a great time talking with you all!

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 4:22 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. I hope you like it here.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 4:25 pm

I hope you do too ;D

It's nice here :)

It's ok if you're lower-functioning - we've all had our difficulties here ;p

Just do your best; and try not to be mean ;D

I'm a little curious how "lower-functioning" you are though. I can understand if you're shy ;P

Author/Writer

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm

Welcome, Issssce

:)

Iccc
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2013, 4:39 pm

Zodai wrote:
I hope you do too ;D

I'm a little curious how "lower-functioning" you are though. I can understand if you're shy ;P

I think I messed up on that last part, I thought 'lower functioning' meant 'person less effected by' and not 'less functional person' haha!

But to be more specific on the problems, I have trouble with social cues and some 'Restricted and repetitive interests' as they say. Meaning that if I like a subject or topic it is likely to dominate my discussion.

To everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome!

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 4:49 pm

Iccc wrote:
Zodai wrote:
I hope you do too ;D

I think I messed up on that last part, I thought 'lower functioning' meant 'person less effected by' and not 'less functional person' haha!

But to be more specific on the problems, I have trouble with social cues and some 'Restricted and repetitive interests' as they say. Meaning that if I like a subject or topic it is likely to dominate my discussion.

To everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome!

Ah, so a bit closer to me then XD.

But yeah - you're welcome here regardless ;P

Author/Writer

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 5:25 pm

Welcome, bro. Looks like you and I have quite a bit in common (higurashi and vns whoo). ;B

Enjoy your stay.

Iccc
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2013, 5:33 pm

Zodai wrote:

Thanks again

Yuugiri wrote:
Welcome, bro. Looks like you and I have quite a bit in common (higurashi and vns whoo). ;B

Enjoy your stay.

Nice to know a couple people here are similar interests like me, I have a few visual novels I could show you that I like :)

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 5:34 pm

Iccc wrote:
Zodai wrote:

Thanks again

Yuugiri wrote:

Enjoy your stay.

Nice to know a couple people here are similar interests like me, I have a few visual novels I could show you that I like :)

VNs aren't very popular in the US, so I haven't found many D:

I've played through 999 and VLR, those are the only two I can remember off the top of my head...

Author/Writer

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 5:35 pm

Iccc wrote:

Sure, if you want. Hit me up with a PM anytime.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 5:37 pm

Yuugiri wrote:
Iccc wrote:

I don't mind a PM either ;P

Author/Writer

EverythingShimmers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2013, 6:38 pm

Hello Iccc,

Would a game like "To the Moon" be considered a visual novel?

When you say "colourful" do you mean you have synesthesia with music?

I hope you like being on the forums.

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

15 Feb 2013, 6:41 pm

Iccc wrote:
Hello there everyone this is my first post here so I'm a little nervous right now. So I will start with some short, random trivia about myself.

My name is Mike and I have what people would call 'lower functioning Aspergers'. You can call me by my username (Its pronounced like Ice with a held 'c' (Sounds similar to I-sss.))
I am currently in college on my first course and am hoping to get into art & design to further my artistic skills.

My current interests including the following; Anime & Manga (Currently watching through When They Cry), Video games (Visual Novels are my favourite) Drawing, Music (I'm very 'colourful' when it comes to music) and philosophical thinking.

I hope I can fit in here and maybe make some friends along the way. I wish to have a great time talking with you all!

Welcome!! !! ! I can be your friend. Why be nervous?

Iccc
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Feb 2013, 4:40 pm

Zodai wrote:
VNs aren't very popular in the US, so I haven't found many D:

I've played through 999 and VLR, those are the only two I can remember off the top of my head...

You can blame the mindless drones that buy every copy&paste game of CoD for that :/

Yuugiri wrote:

Zodai wrote:
I don't mind a PM either ;P

Ok then, but this will just be a couple of links. Be sure to check your PM's after this.

EverythingShimmers wrote:
Hello Iccc,

Would a game like "To the Moon" be considered a visual novel?

When you say "colourful" do you mean you have synesthesia with music?

I hope you like being on the forums.

Hello there!

Sadly no, To the Moon is more of an RPG than a Visual Novel. Visual novels are usually a 'Pick you story path' kind of game or one with puzzles integrated into it. Of course I might be wrong as I'm not entirely sure on the subject myself.

Colourful is a term I (and others) use to mean 'Broad view' and 'Many different types'. But to answer your second question directly no, I don't place my music in any coloured fashion.

And thank you for the welcome.
Sherman247 wrote:
Welcome!! !! ! I can be your friend. Why be nervous?

Friendship with me requires you travel to the lands of Nickle Boxers and retrieve a Holy Jar of Peanut Butter.

Of course my nervous is brought upon by many things.
1. I have never been on a forum like this and my experiences with similar 'Mentally Different' people in real life seem to go pear shaped very quickly.
2. This site I found accidentally, due to the idea that many psychologists wished to rename 'Aspergers Syndrome' to 'Wrong Planet Syndrome'
3. I'm not good with other people, except online when everyone seems to be on an even playing field when concerning social interaction.

Thank everyone again for the welcome!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2013, 5:43 pm

A sweet welcome to WPea.

Iccc
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Feb 2013, 5:47 pm

Thank you very much Rebel