Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GrandWazoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jul 2015, 4:38 am

Hello,

my name is Franky and i am currently residing in Germany.
I am not yet diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, but the main process is about to start.
After my wife started telling me about her suspicion that i might be on the spectrum, i started an extensive research about the topic. I went to professionals for confirmations, learned about the comorbidities, the effect it has on children, and what can go wrong if people on the spectrum don't get the diagnosis and support they need .
Thanks to the professionals i talked to and the authors who wrote these crucial books everything somehow started to make sense and became less distorted/obfuscated (especially Dr. Grandin and her neuroscientific approach opened my eyes)

Well, i could write even more on here, but i don't think anyone is interested in the garbage i post on a daily basis.
If there are questions, i bet i can answer them for you :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 5:01 am

^^^
hiya Frankie :) welcome to our cool club 8)

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Jul 2015, 6:57 am

Welcome to you Frankie aka Grand Wazoo! :D

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

GrandWazoo

16 Jul 2015, 7:14 am

Haha, thank you to both of you for welcoming me into this little world. I am actually pretty excited to share experiences with other people on here.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 5:10 pm

Hey Franky welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 5:19 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

WaveOfChange
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2015, 6:25 pm

Welcome, and enjoy your stay! PM me if you've got any questions about the community. ^^

~Wave

GrandWazoo

17 Jul 2015, 12:48 am

Thank you very much!

I will pm you whenever there is a question.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 3:19 am

Frankie, [hope you don't mind] can you tell us more about your situation in Germany?

GrandWazoo

23 Jul 2015, 3:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
Frankie, [hope you don't mind] can you tell us more about your situation in Germany?

Of course i don't mind!
The situation regarding the assessment and the status of a diagnosed person with ASD, or what do you exactly mean?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 3:44 am

GrandWazoo wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Of course i don't mind!
The situation regarding the assessment and the status of a diagnosed person with ASD, or what do you exactly mean?

like are you a german citizen or an American expatriate?

GrandWazoo

23 Jul 2015, 3:55 am

I am sorry! :mrgreen: I tend to over-analyze sentences and mostly don't see the obvious question right away.

I was born in Eastern Germany (former German Democratic Republic) and i am now residing in Nuremberg (Bavaria). I am planning on moving to the states with my wife in a few months or years , though, depending on how long the bureaucratic steps will take. (We actually don't wanna stay here any longer)

So i am German! :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 4:05 am

Ach, ein schöner Ort, hörte ich. wünschte, ich sprach die Sprache, wie sie in Lieder ziemlich ausgedrückt wird. :) I remember listening to Elvis Presley singing "wooden heart" in german to that puppet in that movie he made. is your wife an American military member? just curious.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 4:06 am

and it must be said that living in America may come as a shock to you.

GrandWazoo

23 Jul 2015, 4:19 am

auntblabby wrote:
Ach, ein schöner Ort, hörte ich. wünschte, ich sprach die Sprache, wie sie in Lieder ziemlich ausgedrückt wird. :) I remember listening to Elvis Presley singing "wooden heart" in german to that puppet in that movie he made. is your wife an American military member? just curious.

Oh yes, "Muss i denn" is considered a classic folk song here. I like his rendition of the song actually!

Germany is indeed a beautiful place. It is good for visiting but not living purposes.

No, my wife is not a member of the US military. We have met quite unconventionally (long story), and after a long waiting time she moved here to experience Germany and to be with me.

auntblabby wrote:

What do you mean? My wife is also already warning me :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 4:43 am

GrandWazoo wrote:
Oh yes, "Muss i denn" is considered a classic folk song here. I like his rendition of the song actually! Germany is indeed a beautiful place. It is good for visiting but not living purposes. No, my wife is not a member of the US military. We have met quite unconventionally (long story), and after a long waiting time she moved here to experience Germany and to be with me.

you are a fortunate man :wtg: my social functioning seems to preclude me having a mate, so you are doing very well in my opinion. can you tell me why you say Deutschland is not good for "living purposes?" from my vantage point in the land of the unfree it seems like a haven, the greener grass on the other side, as it were.
GrandWazoo wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

What do you mean? My wife is also already warning me :mrgreen:

listen to your wife, she KNOWS! we have so many problems over here. I will PM you with the rest so as not to cause offense here and derail your thread.