The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 659 of 1007 [ 16106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 656, 657, 658, 659, 660, 661, 662 ... 1007  Next

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 3:27 pm

White squares.

Well, I use Firefox. When I see a white square where a video used to be, I have to go up to tools and clear private data, including cookies. Then hit "refresh" on the page. Then I see the video.... Usually on YouTube only, and usually only after viewing several in a row.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Mar 2008, 4:20 pm

lau wrote:
The "&feature=related" bit, and anything else like that, can be left off... which isn't the problem...

I've just updated the FAQ... it's that pesky "au." at the front.

Everyone knows that Australia is a figment of the imagination of some insane person called smelly,nyah,nyah!

Treat "Australia" properly, and delete it. Then the video link will work properly.

Thanks, Lau. It's up and running now.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Mar 2008, 4:24 pm

nannarob wrote:
Now our fire alarms are bugged. Big Brother is everywhere!

:lol: All fixed, now. No more ghostly cheeping noises at 4:00 am!

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 4:51 pm

Helen, I love your video. I was catching up on my beauty sleep and didn't even know that you had started.

CC, why don't you post your vidoe in the Haven, and the others of hers too!

Yea! Hartz has defeated the spooks :D

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

krex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 4:56 pm

Interesting video CC,I will have to watch more of hers.

I have to say though...I had a personal problem with the use of the word "symptom"...that is something that you have when you are sick.I wish she would have used the term "trait".Small point but I cringed every time I heard it and she said it a lot.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 5:03 pm

prosecution and defense have both rested. the trial started monday. i assume there'll be a verdict by tomorrow. i'd love to be the one to push the button. if they let him off, as soon as i can get the house sold and our assets liquidated, i'm leaving this country. and i'm dead serious.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 5:11 pm

Nan wrote:
prosecution and defense have both rested. the trial started monday. i assume there'll be a verdict by tomorrow. i'd love to be the one to push the button. if they let him off, as soon as i can get the house sold and our assets liquidated, i'm leaving this country. and i'm dead serious.

I thought I was keeping up in my lurking but I am totally lost right now....who is on trial?

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 5:11 pm

Nan wrote:

We don't even have the death penalty as an option here. When my niece was murdered by a pedophile at the tender age of 5, the most he could get was 25 years without the possibililty of parole. That means that he will be out by the age of 60. Without treatment, of course. :evil:

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

krex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 5:40 pm

Thank you Nan.

That is a very sad story.I think it is made more tragic by the article written because if I hadn't seen the link to the missing girls I would have not realized how young she was at the time. The way he describes her,she is just some "drug addicted prostitute",hardly worth anyones time.The family must be doubly hurt by his portrial of their little girl. I can't imagine he will "get off" but stranger things have happened in this world.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 6:48 pm

"Drug-addicted prostitute" or no, given the data in the official interview, coupled with the forensic testimony, I can't see anything less than 25-to-life for, at the least, second-degree murder. Setting forensics aside (which I wouldn't, but just in case), his information alone leads to a conclusion of at least first-degree manslaughter, possibly rising to murder (does the state the crime occurred in have a depraved-indifference modifier for criminal charges? If so, that's what would take it from manslaughter to murder).

If convicted of first-degree murder (supportable on the available evidence), death is a possibility, but his attorney might get it bargained down to life without parole. (Personally, I'd prefer death to spending the balance of my life in an 8x10 room with steel bars in place of a wall, but I guess that's just me.)

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 7:03 pm

That's the first time I've seen details of the case. It is horrendous. I bet relatives and friends attnding court hate listening to the evidence.

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

krex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 7:13 pm

Uhm...thought maybe I should qualify my statement....I didnt mean that "I" thought someone who was a prostitute or a drug addict "deserved" to be murdered.I was just stating that it has been my observation of this society that trials seem to base their judgement on their own "moral" beliefs.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 7:20 pm

krex wrote:
Uhm...thought maybe I should qualify my statement....I didnt mean that "I" thought someone who was a prostitute or a drug addict "deserved" to be murdered.I was just stating that it has been my observation of this society that trials seem to base their judgement on their own "moral" beliefs.

And that's what I took you to mean. I just hope the jury is able to look past that designation - because you know the defense attorney will be harping on it. (If he's doing his job, anyway.)

krex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 7:33 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
krex wrote:

And that's what I took you to mean. I just hope the jury is able to look past that designation - because you know the defense attorney will be harping on it. (If he's doing his job, anyway.)

When I went to trial as a witness against the stranger who broke into my house and tried to rape me(and had tried with another women the same night)both times his attempts were inturupted...first by her room mate and then by my screaming for my roommates(who only I knew wer not home)and kneeing him in the groin.....You would not believe what the guys lwyer tried to use to discredit me.......

He brought up that I was a women studies minor(obviously a man hating dyke),that most women actually fantasize about being raped....that the man had grabbed me by my wrist and I had told the police it was my arm.....that I owned a black cat and the guy was black so perhaps my cat had jumped on me while I was sleeping and I had just dreamt that it was this guy...

The lawyer delayed the trial 3 times(meaning I had to take off from work three seperate times befire the actual date was set)and tried to have me throw out as a witness unless I would turn over ALL my Womens Studies notes from my classes(which I had thrown out before I moved)

I was glad they didnt have a jury....I was a punk rock chick and he was a football player.I'm just glad that the judge wasn't as insane as the guys lawyer.

Who gets to speak for this girl ? because believe me...the victem is always on trial.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Mar 2008, 7:51 pm

krex wrote:
Interesting video CC,I will have to watch more of hers.

I have to say though...I had a personal problem with the use of the word "symptom"...that is something that you have when you are sick.I wish she would have used the term "trait".Small point but I cringed every time I heard it and she said it a lot.

But wouldn't you agree that depression, panic attacks, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive behavior are symptoms? They certainly don't enhance life. Although, the obsessions can be pleasant when they don't take over your life to its detriment. Traits, on the other hand, like honesty, intelligence, perseverance, determination, introversion, analytical abilities, lack of eye contact, taking everything literally, and on and on would not, imo, be necessarily detrimental or harmful and many could, do in fact, enhance life.

She does not believe that autism/asperger's is a sickness and is definitely an anti-cure aspie and believes as most of us do, that there is nothing to be cured, but understood and appreciated. She is for educating society and says society needs an attitude re-adjustment. Pretty cool woman. Also a peace activist as well as a lesbian & gay rights activist. She grew up in foster care and is a fierce child advocate as well.

BTW, she does say in one of her videos, that depression, anxiety, panic, etc. grow out of alienation and the struggle to be understood and accepted. So these "symptoms" are not really symptoms of autism/asperger's, but of the de-valuation of the child (or adult) by parents, siblings,peers, and society on a whole. So yes, she speaks of symptoms, and the need for education and acceptance in order to eliminate symptoms.