The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 666 of 1007 [ 16106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 663, 664, 665, 666, 667, 668, 669 ... 1007  Next

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 2:20 pm

Hello Blessedmom,

You made me smile thinking about knitters with Aspergers. Ravelry sounds about right. I wonder what names could be applied to other hobbies and professions performed by a group of aspies? :-)

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 2:37 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Hello sinsboldly

I can't believe you came out with that song!

The only reason she beat me to it was because I didn't want to suggest any possible innuendo... :wink:

Welcome to the Cafe, TallyMan! (Hey, if you were to count prostitutes, would that be a TallyHo?)

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 2:45 pm

Hello DeaconBlues,

Sounds about right. If I counted terrorists would they be a TallyBan?

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Apr 2008, 3:20 pm

Just lurking and stimming....

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 3:41 pm

blessedmom wrote:
I always wonder who will take an interesting post and run with it! :D

I use to take interesting posts and run with them. Mom would yell, stop that, you'll fall and poke your eye out. I ran with scissors, knives, posts and anything else that wasn't nailed down, including nails and never poked my eyes out. I did find running with your shoe laces undone to be far more dangerous, no matter what was in hand. Thank god and NASA for Velcro and old age, I don't have shoe laces, I can't run as fast anymore, nor do I want to. I'm not so sure NASA has anything to do with old age, but I might be wrong.

Wonder no more.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 4:59 pm

Postie, I was going to give you a link to what NASA has to do with old age, but unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to find an online copy of Robert Heinlein's testimony before the House Select Committee on Aging, 19 July 1979, nor the article entitled "Spinoff" that he wrote based on that (published in Omni in May 1980, and in his collection Expanded Universe). If you can lay hands on a copy of Expanded Universe, however, that will detail what NASA has to do with aging (it's more what they have to do with making aging more enjoyable, and in some cases possible, than in any cause of aging - I don't think they actually make anyone age...).

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 5:17 pm

postpaleo wrote:
blessedmom wrote:

I use to take interesting posts and run with them. Mom would yell, stop that, you'll fall and poke your eye out. I ran with scissors, knives, posts and anything else that wasn't nailed down, including nails and never poked my eyes out. I did find running with your shoe laces undone to be far more dangerous, no matter what was in hand. Thank god and NASA for Velcro and old age, I don't have shoe laces, I can't run as fast anymore, nor do I want to. I'm not so sure NASA has anything to do with old age, but I might be wrong.

Wonder no more.

:roll: Oh, and who was it that figured I was a little too interested in posts??? At least I've never tried running with one, interesting or otherwise. Now, if you had told me you did this with the interesting posts, I would be impressed!

Caber tossing

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 5:22 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
I don't think (NASA) actually make anyone age...

Even if they do come up with a near-lightspeed means of propulsion, and there are groups of people here & there who are experiencing time at different rates, it'll still feel like one second per second, one minute per minute, one eon per eon, whether anybody likes it or not. :D

Uh-oh, blessedmom! Not kilts again! 8O Better than tutus, though, I gotta say. :lol:

Edit: Whoa! That caber has got Duck™ Tape all over it! 8O 8O 8O

Last edited by SleepyDragon on 02 Apr 2008, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 5:24 pm

SleepyDragon wrote:
DeaconBlues wrote:
I don't think (NASA) actually make anyone age...

Even if they do come up with a near-lightspeed means of propulsion, and there are groups of people here & there who are experiencing time at different rates, it'll still feel like one second per second, one minute per minute, one eon per eon, whether anybody likes it or not. :D

Uh-oh, blessedmom! Not kilts again! 8O Better than tutus, though, I gotta say. :lol:

:lol: :lol: It's Chuck's work week, so I think we're safe with kilts in the cafe.

And of course that caber has Duck tape on it, the picture was taken in Canada. If it weren't for duct tape I'm sure our entire country, economy and all would collapse!! And I figured that would make it an interesting post for Postie.

Last edited by blessedmom on 02 Apr 2008, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Apr 2008, 5:26 pm

blessedmom wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
blessedmom wrote:

Wonder no more.

:roll: Oh, and who was it that figured I was a little too interested in posts??? At least I've never tried running with one, interesting or otherwise. Now, if you had told me you did this with the interesting posts, I would be impressed!

Caber tossing

If I tried that I would probably bonk myself on the head...

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 5:53 pm

richie wrote:
Just lurking and stimming....

Pop! the magic dragon topic

Yay, richie. Thanks for bringing back the leaping lizard!! ! :cheers:

I cannot figure out what the others are kibitzing about. :duh:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

krex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 6:07 pm

Watched CNN all day hoping for some "real" information about their all day all autism reporting...how disappointing.I look forward to seeing "finding Amy?"...I have read her blog and she rocks...go Amy...she will clear up a few things.

It's on Anderson Cooper,CNN for you who get it but you might be able to watch parts of it on CNN on the computer?

Also.....sencrinicity(dont actually know ing the meaning of the word but I love the sounds of it...

show tying and heinlien mentioned with in a few posts of each other...

One of my favorite parts of "Stranger in a etc" boook was the scence where he learns to tie his shoes and the first time he ties them together and they find him that way...then he learns how to tie them seperate from each other...I think Jabel asks him later that day what he learned during the day and he said...

"I learned two ways to tie my shoes...one is good if you want to lay down and one is good if you want to walk",or something like that...anyway....I loved it.

Hi all you new folks(waves and ducks out to go get her broccili fix for the night...yea!!!It's chinese food night)

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 6:48 pm

sartresue wrote:

You just discovered the truth. It's the secret ingredient that isn't a secret. It's what makes muffins glow in the dark. It has to do with nothing, about no one and has no bearing on any further discussions that have come from the past or present. But, someone will have a take on it and they will add to it. It's the never ending story and no one can figure it out because there is no end, no beginning, only the now. It is so in our face, it makes it hard to see. Relax and float down stream.

Like the guy said, "Stim if ya got 'em". No wait, that was "Smoke if ya got 'em". I like the stim one better.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 6:58 pm

Lurking and laughing.

BTW about kilts: youngest daughter is in Scotland at the moment checking out the new love of her life (who doesn't talk the Queen's English) Their first date after her arrival was a day at the footie and he was going to wear his kilt. We are all waiting to hear what he wore under it!

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 7:15 pm

blessedmom wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
blessedmom wrote:

Wonder no more.

Caber tossing

First of all the dry cleaner lost my kilt. I still have my Bonnet but think I would be a bit out of place out there with that caber and just my Bonnet. While indeed that is impressive, I don't think it's for the same reasons you think it is. I already have a hernia and don't care to have another. His foot work is not looking too sound and judging by the look on his face he knows it. Given the local of said large interesting post, when he hits the ground, I suspect at least a 6 inch hole located approximately where this picture has captured time. I do not think this a worthy sport and no manner of bag pipage will stir my Scots blood to indulge in this. No way, no how. Let me know when the wench carrying contest starts, I'll be there with my bonnie blue bells. Well my bonnie blue something or others, damn kilts can get cold. I will also be pleased to partake in any English cattle borrowing party's, as long as whisky is involved and I get a free tattoo commemorating the event.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 7:21 pm

postpaleo wrote:
sartresue wrote:

You just discovered the truth. It's the secret ingredient that isn't a secret. It's what makes muffins glow in the dark. It has to do with nothing, about no one and has no bearing on any further discussions that have come from the past or present. But, someone will have a take on it and they will add to it. It's the never ending story and no one can figure it out because there is no end, no beginning, only the now. It is so in our face, it makes it hard to see. Relax and float down stream.

Like the guy said, "Stim if ya got 'em". No wait, that was "Smoke if ya got 'em". I like the stim one better.

Limming and Sturking topic

Sounds like a soap opera, postpaleo! :lol:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo