The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 677 of 1007 [ 16106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 674, 675, 676, 677, 678, 679, 680 ... 1007  Next

lau
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:52 pm

reika wrote:
Pinhead Hi, have you watched any "Torchwood" is it worth investing in the DVD Season 1?
Hey! I've watched them all, plus all the new Doctor Who, including, now, the first of the new season. And...

Thanks for the reminder... BBC4 is showing "Doctor Who: The Daleks", and I watch the triple episode last night, but had forgotten to set a eminder for the other four, daily episodes, the first of which (4/7) is on in less than a hour. (Nostalgia)

PS. Quatermass doesn't like Torchwood much. I think it's OK, provided "Welshmen in Black" sounds tolerable?

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2008, 2:23 pm

The following was developed as a mental age assessment by the School of Psychiatry at Harvard University . Take your time and see if you can read each line aloud without a mistake. The average person over 40 years of age cannot do it!

1. This is this cat.
2. This is is cat.
3. This is how cat.
4. This is to cat.
5. This is keep cat.
6. This is an cat.
7. This is old cat.
8. This is fart cat
9. This is busy cat.
10. This is for cat.
11. This is forty cat.
12. This is seconds cat.

Now go back and read the third word in each line from the top down and I betcha' you cannot resist passing it on .

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:30 pm

:lol: Really clever and is it true that people over forty cannot be accurate on the first question?

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2008, 2:45 pm

Kaleido wrote:
:lol: Really clever and is it true that people over forty cannot be accurate on the first question?

:lol: No, Kaleido. I don't think it's true at all. It's a joke - I think, meant to catch you off guard and lure you into the second part where the joke is hidden. My niece sent it to me and I thought it was funny. I had no problem doing the first part accurately, and I'm sure most people wouldn't have a problem. It's all just a joke. :lol:

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 2:51 pm

cosmiccat wrote:
Kaleido wrote:

:lol: No, Kaleido. I don't think it's true at all. It's a joke - I think, meant to catch you off guard and lure you into the second part where the joke is hidden. My niece sent it to me and I thought it was funny. I had no problem doing the first part accurately, and I'm sure most people wouldn't have a problem. It's all just a joke. :lol:

:lol: :lol: A joke that I've managed to fall for twice! :roll:

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2008, 3:04 pm

Quoting Blessed:

Quote:
Laughing Laughing A joke that I've managed to fall for twice! Rolling Eyes

I fell for it. :oops: How ya doin'? Is it warm enough "up there" to do any gardening yet? It's pretty cold and dreary here today.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 3:12 pm

Oh :lol:

I am always embarrassing myself on here by not understanding things in some areas. :oops:

I took it literally, I suppose I would really wouldn't I :D

I should have kept my old sig: OMG I am such an Aspie! :lol:

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2008, 3:27 pm

I'm going to see my cousin "R" tomorrow after my appointment with my shrink. I'll be taking the train and I'll probably spend the night. Her sister "M" is still there at her apartment and she brings R home everyday and cooks for her. R now refers to her eventual passing as "when I do my thing." I hope I can get my sister to go with me. I don't know what will be dredged up in therapy (my mind has been working overtime), and then going to see my cousin afterward, it's going to be a very intense day. I hope I can manage to get through it without a panic attack.

Two pieces of wisdom I'll take with me tomorrow - both from Simone Weil

1. To be a hero or a heroine, one must give an order to oneself.
2. I think, therefore I can.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2008, 3:35 pm

Kaleido said:

Quote:
I am always embarrassing myself on here by not understanding things in some areas. Embarassed

No need to feel embarrassed here. We're all in the same boat. :D

Wow, you are a prolific poster. Only here since February and up to 983. That is impressive.

My husband is downstairs cooking fresh halibut. Ummmm

See you guys later.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2008, 4:01 pm

pinhead wrote:
Hi im new to this site, and looked through most of it and thought it was for kids. Im 28 ~(so a little under the 40 bar but whos counting) and live in somerset i england. I saw loads of people came from all over, so i thouhght i would add that. I write for fun, have been for over 14 years, and my favorate thing is tea and fags followed by not much. Have been diagnosed for about 7 years, and have other chronic illness, so dont really do muych at present, but have never met anyone else with AS, have seen people who i think have it worse than me, but thats it. Ive always felt like a freak, like an old person inside a youngsters frame. I guess thats why ive put my mark here to say hi. Anyhow. Im not one for jokes but can chat about most things (other than home and away, which is shite, although anyone who wants to muse on the new Dr Who series would be good, it looks cool.!) anyhow.
Hi.
Bye.

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 5:29 pm

Hello and welcome, Pinhead. I know how you feel when you say you feel like an older person in a young body. I was soooo happy to turn 40 this year because I am now "older" and I feel like my age finally fits my body.

@ Cosmiccat: The weather here is still cold enough at night that we can get snow. In the daytime it reaches about 50F and the sun is shining. I got out and raked the side yard and pulled some old weeds so I can prepare my flower beds but we don't get to plant anything until the 3rd week in May.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 6:56 pm

Hi Kaleido! I'm the resident NT here, good at getting jokes though I am not quick enough to join in when the Cafe becomes playful ... and having a poor memory don't get many of the references.

I took the mental age test literally too. :oops: I don't do literal. I am beconing one of you!! !! !

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 7:19 pm

When I was a little kid I can remember how much I looked forward to turning 45.
Twenty years ago my oldest son in the car exclaimed, "Mom, you've got a white hair!" I pulled into the driveway and started looking in the mirror. "Where? Where is it? Oh, look! There it is. And I've got another one beside it! Are there any more? Oh, I can't wait until it all turns white." I looked up to see my son shaking his head in astonishment. "Mom, you're different."

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 7:24 pm

lelia wrote:
When I was a little kid I can remember how much I looked forward to turning 45.
Twenty years ago my oldest son in the car exclaimed, "Mom, you've got a white hair!" I pulled into the driveway and started looking in the mirror. "Where? Where is it? Oh, look! There it is. And I've got another one beside it! Are there any more? Oh, I can't wait until it all turns white." I looked up to see my son shaking his head in astonishment. "Mom, you're different."

I had a similar conversation with my youngest son yesterday. I have stopped dying my hair was excited to see not only white but gray and black, as well. I had him looking under the light to tell me if it had all changed. I love the look of "salt and pepper" hair. He just looked at me and said, "You go, Mom!" with that "my mom's loony" look that teens do so well.

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 8:24 pm

Kaleido's been around longer than I have, CC! I only joined in May 2007!

Good morning/afternoon/evening, as the case may be. :)

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 8:29 pm

pinhead wrote:
Hi im new to this site, and looked through most of it and thought it was for kids. Im 28 ~(so a little under the 40 bar but whos counting) and live in somerset i england. I saw loads of people came from all over, so i thouhght i would add that. I write for fun, have been for over 14 years, and my favorate thing is tea and fags followed by not much. Have been diagnosed for about 7 years, and have other chronic illness, so dont really do muych at present, but have never met anyone else with AS, have seen people who i think have it worse than me, but thats it. Ive always felt like a freak, like an old person inside a youngsters frame. I guess thats why ive put my mark here to say hi. Anyhow. Im not one for jokes but can chat about most things (other than home and away, which is shite, although anyone who wants to muse on the new Dr Who series would be good, it looks cool.!) anyhow.
Hi.
Bye.

Hey, there.

You're not the only under 40 one here. I'm 26 and found age doesn't really matter.