The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 684 of 1007 [ 16106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 681, 682, 683, 684, 685, 686, 687 ... 1007  Next

lau
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 7:53 am

The single tape I have been listening to, in my car, for the last year?

Jon Anderson's "Olias of Sunhillow":

1/2: Ocean Song / Meeting / Dance of Ranyart
3: Olias (To Build the Moorglade)
4/5: Qoquaq Ën Transic and Flight of the Moorglade (see below)
6: Solid Space
7a: Moon Ra / Chords
7b/8: Song of Search / To the Runner

Roughly 2:30 into the third section above is one of my favourite bits (Naon?)

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 1:23 pm

Lau you're doing ok, at least you can actually remember what the name of the tape is. Steven Wright does a joke about it.......

Last year we drove across the country. We switched on the driving...every half
mile...We had one cassette tape to listen to on the entire trip...I don't
remember what it was. -- Steven Wright

A typical Steven follow up to jokes that seem very aspie to me is.... "I'm like that all the time". And I don't think he's lying.
If Steven isn't one of us, he's looking over our shoulders.

The difference between you and I and having the same song going for a long time is...I bet you know the words and I couldn't tell you unless some of it is in the title. But I won't bet any more than one banana on it, it's possible there are no words on your tape, just music. Did I win a banana? No? Want one of mine?

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Apr 2008, 2:32 pm

lau wrote:
The single tape I have been listening to, in my car, for the last year?

Jon Anderson's "Olias of Sunhillow":

1/2: Ocean Song / Meeting / Dance of Ranyart
3: Olias (To Build the Moorglade)
4/5: Qoquaq Ën Transic and Flight of the Moorglade (see below)
6: Solid Space
7a: Moon Ra / Chords
7b/8: Song of Search / To the Runner

Roughly 2:30 into the third section above is one of my favourite bits (Naon?)

Sounds like the way I have my CD player loaded at home Discs 1,3,&5 are Micheal Oldfield and 2 & 4 are loaded
with Magna-Canta and Brian Eno....It has been that way for almost two years now.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 3:14 pm

postpaleo wrote:
Nan, you might want to slip your post over into the computer section here. I don't use Firefox, as you know, but a short search brought this page up.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes

They list a couple add-ons, plug ins if you will, to watch out for.

Adobe (Macromedia) Flash
Shockwave
Real Player or Real Alternative
Java
VLC Media Player
Yahoo! Application State plugin for Yahoo! Mail

There are some more suggestions as well. One has to do with making sure, in some cases, you're running in Win 2k that one I wouldn't know how to do.

Even if you don't use Bills version to use the net, sometimes updates are needed for other things, check the windows update site for anything current and always use the custom search on it for updates. Hell ya already paid him for it, might as well use it. You did pay him didn't you? :lol: Now it kinda makes sense if you've updated Firefox recently, one of the plug ins might need updated as well. I get a problem with some apps, like Quicktime not being up to date and bouncing me out of the net when I hit a certain type of page on it. And since that is an Apple product if I try and auto download it, Windows won't let me, gee now there is a surprise. Just try to remember the last couple changes you made before the problem started, working backwards can single them out sometimes. Run your anti virus? Done a hard drive check? It's a right click on your hard drive letter, properties, and then under tools. Is it plugged in and did you put film in the camara? Don't forget the lense cap.

You checked to make sure your fans are all running? Cleaned it lately? Although if you can run Explorer fine, it does sound like a software glitch and not over heating.

I finally got my new video cards in and damned if I didn't start getting the freakin BSOD (blue screen of death) it turned out letting windows do the update from the old to the new card type wasn't a good thing to do and I knew it. I did it the right way, problem solved.

Like the guy said the other day over in the computer section....I use to be a computer geek, now I'm just an idiot.

Miss you, get well soon.

Thanks, Postie. My head feels awful - my brain seems to be trying to push my eyeballs out. As well as my eardrums. The link takes me to a place that discusses full-on crashes, not "hangs".

Adobe (Macromedia) Flash - Updated it, no change
Shockwave - Updated it no change
Real Player or Real Alternative - hmmmm
Java - this is next, I guess?
VLC Media Player - huh?

I'm running Windows XP. Will check for windows updates - it usually just updates automatically, so for all I know it did something in the middle of the night that has honked everything up. Ran virus scan, no probs. Ran spyware scan, no probs. I think it's got to do with advertisements. Some times when I come on WP and there's one of those obnoxious moving adverts it locks as well. But that could be a coincidence. Everything got dusted out nicely a few months ago and all is working fine except Firefox.

Will continue to putz with it. Thanks.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 3:20 pm

richie wrote:
Sounds like the way I have my CD player loaded at home Discs 1,3,&5 are Micheal Oldfield and 2 & 4 are loaded
with Magna-Canta and Brian Eno....It has been that way for almost two years now.

I am a Mike Oldfield fan and I have a Magna Carta album 8)

Dunno who Brian Eno is though.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 3:49 pm

i think it was the java. i just re-downloaded it and installed it and things seem ok (knocking on wood).

edit - nope, still hanging. have installed adblocker and so far so good...

lau
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 4:44 pm

I was going to ask, Nan, why on earth were you seeing adverts when using Firefox... then you say you've grabbed AdBlock Plus (I assume), and all is nice. I assume you got the subscription going? I was messing with Forefox, the other day, and found it rather awkward to get the AdBlock subscription stuff set up.

I've just started up Firefox, just to check that I had finally solved it. And... I haven't. Does anyone else know how to go about it?

(Not that I care all that much, as I use SeaMonkey, which does it all automatically. I'd just like to set up Firefox out of interest, and for when I occasionally use it to see about differences.)

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Apr 2008, 5:13 pm

I have just updated AdBlock on Firefox. Make sure that you restart Firefox after putting an ad-on. Check under Tools, and make sure that your add-on is not disabled, and that the version you are using is compatible with the version of Firefox that you are using.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:44 pm

Sorry to interrupt the computers are evil topic....but some one in social services is asking for input on how to provide services to people with autism....

Since someone is actually asking us 8O ,I was hoping other people would give him there input,since mine is only specific to my personal issues.

Follow the yellow brick road....

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp1338059.html#1338059

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

lau
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:47 pm

My mistake. I had managed to find the ancient "AdBlock", not "AdBlock Plus". The old thing doesn't do subscriptions. In the new, I always opt (at startup) NOT for any on the list it offeres, but I hit the "View all subsciptions" in the bottom left corner. That gives me the EasyElement+EasyList combo offer, which I take. I've no idea if it's particularly better.

PS. Having put "AdBlock Plus" into FireFox, I don't seem to be able to get rid of "AdBlock". Ho hum. My bad. I'll clean it up some other day.

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 6:36 pm

Lurking. Back when I still collected vinyl albums, I used to own this.

I have to share this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQfAZVsz6KM[/youtube]

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 7:05 pm

Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any cooler....

"Eagle Rock" live in concert by Captain Feathersword (Arrr!) and THE WIGGLES!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxXXjT33zRc[/youtube]

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 10:28 pm

Has anyone ever called you cruel and unusual?

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 10:53 pm

:D The Wiggles are appearing here on Tuesday, April 15. I've been trying hard to convince at Lil Girl that she isn't too old to see them. It just wouldn't be cool for me to go watch them by myself. :lol: :lol:

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 11:01 pm

:flower: :heart: I would like to thank you all for one year of the most interesting, thought-provoking, goofy, funny, serious, intelligent conversations I have ever been a part of. :heart: :flower:

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 11:02 pm

As to you, you'd be cruel to make her go and I always thought you were unusual.

Hell anybody I would consider a friend has to be unusual. It's one of the first questions I ask on my "Do you want to be my friend" quiz. Which I hand it out at the mall to all passers by, every other Sunday.