The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 685 of 1007 [ 16106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 682, 683, 684, 685, 686, 687, 688 ... 1007  Next

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 11:13 pm

blessedmom wrote:
:flower: :heart: I would like to thank you all for one year of the most interesting, thought-provoking, goofy, funny, serious, intelligent conversations I have ever been a part of. :heart: :flower:

Ahh shucks, you're going to melt my cold black heart. It wouldn't be the same without you. :flower: :heart:

(Yucky flowers and throbbing hearts? My god what I do to myself in here. :? )

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 11:58 pm

:lol: You're still the coldest, blackest hearted curmudgeon I've ever met. And I mean that in the nicest, most respectful way! If I ever happen to see you in person, I'm going to sneak up behind you and give you a huge hug. (Okay, I'd THINK about you giving you a huge hug but that's more than I'd do for most people.)

krex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 12:20 am

I'm not sure where this is braodcasting or how bad the "message" part of the show will be buut they are having some awesome comedians...

The Night Of Too Many Stars on Comedy Central Sunday night at 7pm central time(USA)

Here is a post to their ....What is Autism

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/nigh ... tism.jhtml

at least not all the money is going to autism speaks...some will actually go to schools to help the kids and some adults(would love to see the actual break down of funding)

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 12:34 am

nannarob wrote:
Hi y'all. We have just picked up a young Canadian from err ..Saskatachawan!! !! ! anyway prairie country. She is on a Rotary Exchange. At present she and Jim are practising the Canadian and Australian antems on recorder. No doubt they will perform at the dinner tonight!

Now, if it was me doing that, you would have to go deaf.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 12:36 am

postpaleo wrote:
Move over Nan, I'll pull your hair out and you can pull mine. Humm, might not be fair, you have some and I don't. I'll be damned if I didn't hook the second video card in the other machine, fire it up and GEEZE LOUISE!@% &%$^*! !! !! I have never gotten a chassis intrusion error in my life. So me being all smart and all that, I take out the card I had added in SLI and fired it up with just the original card. GEEEZE LOUISE!! *&%$$&* ^%$$@@! !! Same freaking error. I'm lost, upset, down right lethargic about life and thirsty. I can fix one of those and maybe the others, but not a damn clue under the bright blue sky why the f**k that error is freezing the start up. The door is closed and so what if it is open, the pins are disabled!! GRRRR!! ! :cry: See there is a logical reason I have two machines, I make my own and one is always broken. Oh well I may have to learn to clear the CMOS or if I get really lucky get into my BIOS, so far no, and hope I can disable the sob from in there. Worthless fail safe on a home system if there ever was one and I can't even blame it on Gates.

Sounds like you and I could throw our computers out the window together.

You must have windows.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 12:39 am

blessedmom wrote:
:flower: :heart: I would like to thank you all for one year of the most interesting, thought-provoking, goofy, funny, serious, intelligent conversations I have ever been a part of. :heart: :flower:

And I would like to thank you for blessing us with your presence.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 12:41 am

krex wrote:
I'm not sure where this is braodcasting or how bad the "message" part of the show will be buut they are having some awesome comedians...

The Night Of Too Many Stars on Comedy Central Sunday night at 7pm central time(USA)

Here is a post to their ....What is Autism

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/nigh ... tism.jhtml

at least not all the money is going to autism speaks...some will actually go to schools to help the kids and some adults(would love to see the actual break down of funding)

Thanks, krex.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Apr 2008, 1:25 am

Happy Year Blessed Mom :D I hope you'll "bless us" with your presence for many more.
I love Brian Eno Richie, heard of him because of Peter Gabriel of course, and keep thinking he did something recently with my other favorite artist Paul Simon.
Have to tivo "A night of too many stars" cause I'll proably be watching mini-reika kick my butt on the wii at that time. I like to fast-forward thru all the commericals anyhow.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 3:28 am

In fine form I see, PP!

I met a real lve Belguim last night. Yes, they do exist! She is a Rotary exchange student, attending high school here for a year and attending a local high school. Her first language is French.

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 3:42 am

nannarob wrote:
I met a real lve Belguim last night. Yes, they do exist! She is a Rotary exchange student, attending high school here for a year and attending a local high school. Her first language is French.

Ah ok, maybe I'm catching a little light here. So these good people you're speaking of blowing horns in your kitchen are exchange students? Well except your husband and I'm sure you've had days you'd like to send him back to where ever he came from too.

Ok, word of warning about Canadians, it's ok to give them beer, you Aussies and they will get a long fine with that. Just don't give them a donut with that beer or they'll never leave. It's a cold hard fact about Canadians, yes it is. I don't know what they gave me in Canada but I didn't leave for a full 4 months one time. Probably those Cuban cigars I enjoyed so much with my beer. Ahh yes, sometimes I miss civilization, but not enough to go back.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 4:04 am

Okay I had no idea that the freakin Wiggles were from Australia and damned if it wasn't more information than I wanted to know. Now..I know there are better bands than the freakin Wiggles over yonder. (god will get you for that one Sleepy) How come no one is putting up Spiderbait? And I know damn well you guys all know each other over there. Would someone please tell Janet to stop droppin sheila's and get back to music, please. Thank you very much, I appreciate it.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=WSQWtzTSDQo[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UtqjmuUaYXA[/youtube]
I feel the need to go strip a carburetor now.

Last edited by postpaleo on 11 Apr 2008, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 6:10 am

Oh c'mon now, I'm sure I've posted "An End Has a Start" by The Editors, and they're Aussies.

postpaleo wrote:
Has anyone ever called you cruel and unusual?

My immediate family, most of the neighbours, my cat....

... Actually, it's more a question of, who hasn't called me cruel & unusual.

:twisted:

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 7:10 am

I have the need to get this right...

We have young adults who are visiting our area for a month. Their ages range from 25 to 35 and are led by an older rotarian. The aim is to extend their knowledge in their professional life. THis year we have 5 Canadians with their leader. Last year we had Malaysians.

Rotary also has exchange students. They stay for a year, and come from all parts of the world.

Rotary helped wipe out TB. Their project at the moment is testing the nation for bowl cancer, and they give out poo kits each year.

THere. Got that straight.

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 11:06 am

postpaleo wrote:
Has anyone ever called you cruel and unusual?

Yeah. The kid. Why?

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Apr 2008, 11:28 am

As for the Wiggles I have to say that I'm somewhat attached to them. Mini-Reikas very first little song and dance performance for me was the one about
"Hands in the air
Rock-a-by your bear
Bears going to sleep
Shusss, shussss, shusss
Bears going to sleep
Shussss, shussss, shussss."

She was about 4 3/4 and had just started talking about 8 months before it. She even did some of the little dance with it. I took it to work and showed it to EVERYBODY!
I have her on camcorder singing it in her diaper, she did't potty-train until 5. I was glad she HAD a diaper on as shes a nudist pretty muuch of the time. Have been working on her staying clothed. Its o.k. right now, but what will I do when shes 15 and comes thru the door from school and strips? :D P.S. I think the gray-haired wiggle is "easy on the eyes"

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 11:31 am

I've never watched the Wiggles, but I have seen publicity stills. And with the brightly-colored shirts and black pants, I've been left with one question:

Gold shirt I know. Blue shirt I know. Red shirt everyone knows. But which department of Starfleet wore purple shirts? :-)