The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 686 of 1007 [ 16106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 683, 684, 685, 686, 687, 688, 689 ... 1007  Next

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 11:51 am

reika wrote:
As for the Wiggles I have to say that I'm somewhat attached to them. Mini-Reikas very first little song and dance performance for me was the one about
"Hands in the air
Rock-a-by your bear
Bears going to sleep
Shusss, shussss, shusss
Bears going to sleep
Shussss, shussss, shussss."

She was about 4 3/4 and had just started talking about 8 months before it. She even did some of the little dance with it. I took it to work and showed it to EVERYBODY!
I have her on camcorder singing it in her diaper, she did't potty-train until 5. I was glad she HAD a diaper on as shes a nudist pretty muuch of the time. Have been working on her staying clothed. Its o.k. right now, but what will I do when shes 15 and comes thru the door from school and strips? :D P.S. I think the gray-haired wiggle is "easy on the eyes"

My youngest Aspie watched his "Wiggles" videos over and over and over. We had the same mini-concerts where he would sing and dance. I still have "Big Red Car" in my head at times.

I'm partial to Captain Feathersword myself. :lol: :lol:

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 11:53 am

Nannarob, Please tell your visitor hello from a very cold (it's below 0C today) neighbor.

Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 2:01 pm

reika wrote:
Have been working on her staying clothed. Its o.k. right now, but what will I do when shes 15 and comes thru the door from school and strips? :D

In winter: never heat the house above 10 degrees C.
In summer, leave the windows open to give full access to midges and other little lovelies. (Wear a beekeeper's suit with midge net yourself, make an exception only at meal times. If she insists on wearing her birthday suit then, you at least can hose her down if she's a messy eater. Saves on laundry.)

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 2:12 pm

reika wrote:
As for the Wiggles I have to say that I'm somewhat attached to them. Mini-Reikas very first little song and dance performance for me was the one about
"Hands in the air
Rock-a-by your bear
Bears going to sleep
Shusss, shussss, shusss
Bears going to sleep
Shussss, shussss, shussss."

She was about 4 3/4 and had just started talking about 8 months before it. She even did some of the little dance with it. I took it to work and showed it to EVERYBODY!
I have her on camcorder singing it in her diaper, she did't potty-train until 5. I was glad she HAD a diaper on as shes a nudist pretty muuch of the time. Have been working on her staying clothed. Its o.k. right now, but what will I do when shes 15 and comes thru the door from school and strips? :D P.S. I think the gray-haired wiggle is "easy on the eyes"

Make sure the curtains are closed. That's what I had to do with mine.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 2:16 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
I've never watched the Wiggles, but I have seen publicity stills. And with the brightly-colored shirts and black pants, I've been left with one question:

Gold shirt I know. Blue shirt I know. Red shirt everyone knows. But which department of Starfleet wore purple shirts? :-)

Ah,... none?

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 3:38 pm

Nan wrote:
DeaconBlues wrote:
I've never watched the Wiggles, but I have seen publicity stills. And with the brightly-colored shirts and black pants, I've been left with one question:

Gold shirt I know. Blue shirt I know. Red shirt everyone knows. But which department of Starfleet wore purple shirts? :-)

Ah,... none?

Okay, I give up. Does it have anything to do with Teletubies?

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 3:50 pm

Nan wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
Has anyone ever called you cruel and unusual?

Yeah. The kid. Why?

Umm no reason. I was practicing my small talk. How am I doing?

She is wise beyond her years, watch out for immaculate conception, get her on the pill now.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 4:48 pm

postpaleo wrote:
Nan wrote:
postpaleo wrote:

Yeah. The kid. Why?

She is wise beyond her years, watch out for immaculate conception, get her on the pill now.

I DO own a rather impressive looking shotgun.... :wink:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Apr 2008, 5:29 pm

Nan wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
Nan wrote:
postpaleo wrote:

Yeah. The kid. Why?

:lol: :lol:

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 6:04 pm

Nan wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
Nan wrote:
postpaleo wrote:

Yeah. The kid. Why?

Now that has to be really an impressive shotgun to stop immaculate conception. I'd like to shoot that. What are you doing Sunday? Would you like to go target shooting?

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 6:19 pm

blessedmom wrote:
Nannarob, Please tell your visitor hello from a very cold (it's below 0C today) neighbor.

And I want to add "give her a hug" to that, but I don't know if she's comfortable with that.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 6:21 pm

postpaleo wrote:
Nan wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
Nan wrote:
postpaleo wrote:

Yeah. The kid. Why?

Now that has to be really an impressive shotgun to stop immaculate conception. I'd like to shoot that. What are you doing Sunday? Would you like to go target shooting?

Are you planning to shoot statues or something?

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Apr 2008, 7:09 pm

Just lurking & stimming....

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 7:48 pm

morning_after wrote:
Are you planning to shoot statues or something?

There is a plan? Oh my, do tell. Naw, I don't like plans, they always screw up, you know, the best laid plans quote. Be brave and go forth, be not afraid to hit the highway with no road map.

Statues, well I suppose. I had something else in mind. I was thinking a computer driven telescope (I was really hoping we might get some Hubble time) sighted shot gun. You see there is this one star that is making me nuts, it keeps twinkling, you know like really bad fluorescent lighting? I think this gun of her's just might make a big bang. I hear it's pretty impressive. But I'd settle for shooting empty beer cans or the red necks that emptied them, I'm not fussy. My wife says I am, but she lies.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 7:52 pm

My canadian visitor: I'm not comfortable with hugging her! But she is lovely and has taken some High School aspergers students on camp. The other kids loved this particular student who got the highest score ever in a Canadian Maths competition. He also fell down the most in skiing!

It is supposedly Autumn here, but some of the group went surfing yesterday. They were warned about making sure that the tops of their swimsuits (togs) covered them before standing up. "Sure, sure!" they said. But after the first wave they started to listen.

Small talk, PP? Your efforts are noble. What more can I say. I could ask if the cafe the best place tp practise? But keep practising here. I miss you when you when you are AWL.

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 8:04 pm

nannarob wrote:
My canadian visitor: I'm not comfortable with hugging her! But she is lovely and has taken some High School aspergers students on camp. The other kids loved this particular student who got the highest score ever in a Canadian Maths competition. He also fell down the most in skiing!

It is supposedly Autumn here, but some of the group went surfing yesterday. They were warned about making sure that the tops of their swimsuits (togs) covered them before standing up. "Sure, sure!" they said. But after the first wave they started to listen.

Small talk, PP? Your efforts are noble. What more can I say. I could ask if the cafe the best place tp practise? But keep practising here. I miss you when you when you are AWL.

You have pictures of course. You did take the camera? Tell me you took the camera. Nannarob, one must always take the camera, it is important to note the differences in cultures, how else am I to learn?

Are you as impressed with Nan as much as I am? I mean it wasn't all the long ago she was running around with just a pointy stick.

I'm AWOL even when I am here. I have a doctors permission slip.