The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 687 of 1007 [ 16106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 684, 685, 686, 687, 688, 689, 690 ... 1007  Next

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 8:09 pm

richie wrote:
Just lurking & stimming....

That's rich, richie topic

Glad to see jumping dragon. Glad to see you, richie!

Autumn in Australia. Canadians down under!

I am so glad spring is finally here in Barrie, Ontario! The snow is almost gone, too.

Nannarob and Smelena, thanks for hosting Canucks as exchange students. Tell them hello and I hope they have a pleasant stay and safe trip home.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 8:22 pm

No, Smelena is hosting kids next door etc. She lives 100k south and sometimes the only way we communicate is on WP!!

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 8:26 pm

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt62457.html

This is about medical book on the subject of aspergers.

:oops: I may have spoken for the group, PP. I am like a den mother - not that you need protecting! I say the wrong thing in the real world, so whynot here?

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 10:53 pm

postpaleo wrote:
morning_after wrote:
Are you planning to shoot statues or something?

There is a plan? Oh my, do tell. Naw, I don't like plans, they always screw up, you know, the best laid plans quote. Be brave and go forth, be not afraid to hit the highway with no road map.

Statues, well I suppose. I had something else in mind. I was thinking a computer driven telescope (I was really hoping we might get some Hubble time) sighted shot gun. You see there is this one star that is making me nuts, it keeps twinkling, you know like really bad fluorescent lighting? I think this gun of her's just might make a big bang. I hear it's pretty impressive. But I'd settle for shooting empty beer cans or the red necks that emptied them, I'm not fussy. My wife says I am, but she lies.

i'm afraid if you tried to shoot a star, the bullet would melt before it got there.

and that other thing would make you have to run like crazy.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 10:56 pm

nannarob wrote:
My canadian visitor: I'm not comfortable with hugging her! But she is lovely and has taken some High School aspergers students on camp. The other kids loved this particular student who got the highest score ever in a Canadian Maths competition. He also fell down the most in skiing!

It is supposedly Autumn here, but some of the group went surfing yesterday. They were warned about making sure that the tops of their swimsuits (togs) covered them before standing up. "Sure, sure!" they said. But after the first wave they started to listen.

Small talk, PP? Your efforts are noble. What more can I say. I could ask if the cafe the best place tp practise? But keep practising here. I miss you when you when you are AWL.

hahahaha I suppose I would listen to, if my shorts fell off.

I love everyone that tries to come in here and chat.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 11:03 pm

nannarob wrote:

:oops: I may have spoken for the group, PP. I am like a den mother - not that you need protecting! I say the wrong thing in the real world, so whynot here?

I don't think you spoke out of turn. I think you tried to answer the question to the best of your ability.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 12:10 am

morning_after wrote:
nannarob wrote:

I don't think you spoke out of turn. I think you tried to answer the question to the best of your ability.

and I should have put the winky face thingy after it. and I wasn't really practicing my small talk. I can do it very well when my coping skills are working. It's just canned speech, pre-done script, not much thought to it anymore. I avoid it when I can because it almost feels like lying to them. Hell you can't shut me up if you get on certain subjects. See I think everybody can hear me giggling when I write something here, in a sense. I have more trouble with Nannarob taking me wrong then I think some. Although I have sneaking suspicion I might have scared a few away from the cafe that might other wise have come around and stayed. I do enjoy going on mental spirals. Lost in space and lovin every minute of it...on the good days. And sometimes my material just falls flat.

Last edited by postpaleo on 12 Apr 2008, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 12:21 am

morning_after wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
morning_after wrote:

There is a plan? Oh my, do tell. Naw, I don't like plans, they always screw up, you know, the best laid plans quote. Be brave and go forth, be not afraid to hit the highway with no road map.

Statues, well I suppose. I had something else in mind. I was thinking a computer driven telescope (I was really hoping we might get some Hubble time) sighted shot gun. You see there is this one star that is making me nuts, it keeps twinkling, you know like really bad fluorescent lighting? I think this gun of her's just might make a big bang. I hear it's pretty impressive. But I'd settle for shooting empty beer cans or the red necks that emptied them, I'm not fussy. My wife says I am, but she lies.

i'm afraid if you tried to shoot a star, the bullet would melt before it got there.

What other thing? Do you mean shooting empty beer cans off the top of red necks with a shot gun? It's gotta be hard, but I'm willing to try. And that one I'm pretty sure Nan would be willing to go a long with. I don't know how good a shot she is and with a shot gun you don't have to be. But we might go through more than a few red necks before we get the cans off their blunt little heads. Oooooo it's going to be a bloody night in Tombstone pardner. :roll:

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 12:26 am

postpaleo wrote:
morning_after wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
morning_after wrote:

What other thing? Do you mean shooting empty beer cans off the top of red necks with a shot gun? It's gotta be hard, but I'm willing to try. And that one I'm pretty sure Nan would be willing to go a long with. I don't know how good a shot she is and with a shot gun you don't have to be. But we might go through more than a few red necks before we get the cans off their blunt little heads. Oooooo it's going to be a bloody night in Tombstone pardner. :roll:

But there's no rednecks in Tombstone anymore. At least I don't think so. It's all tourists now.

Did you know the entire town is considered a historic place.

(I would never want you to shut up. I like chatting with you).

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 12:44 am

Oh how much I hate the sound of a helicopter going over. Instant panic all balled up in the gut. It works its way from there, like the mind went numb and it's just raw nerve spreading. And I wonder where this little spiral of panic will take me. (sigh)

BREATH!! ! Ommmmmm. Chill pill time.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 1:04 am

How about some nice, mellow music to help you?

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ra-zp1BwtJ8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VeibTg9tXaE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TUBpciA1uFg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=JE0AK0MMUT8[/youtube]

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 1:28 am

Nan wrote:
DeaconBlues wrote:
I've never watched the Wiggles, but I have seen publicity stills. And with the brightly-colored shirts and black pants, I've been left with one question:

Gold shirt I know. Blue shirt I know. Red shirt everyone knows. But which department of Starfleet wore purple shirts? :-)

Ah,... none?

Deep Space Nine altered the TNG Starfleet uniform: the colored and black patches were reversed (in other words, black torso and colored shoulders) and a purple-grey turtleneck was added, to which rank pips are affixed.

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 1:43 am

ah.. .on a bit more serious note I actually got to talk to a psychologist that has evaluated and diagnosed Aspies before. He is coming out of retirement to work with me, too. after I bought him breakfast and just rattled off some of the high points in my life ,I asked him if he thought I had AS, and he looked straight into my eyes and said I was a 'national treasure'.
wow.
that felt pretty good, actually

Merle

oh, by the way, I got the impression that meant 'yes' and I am starting my 'psych evals' and physical exams and what ever else they got up their sleeves, next week.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 4:12 am

Yea, Merle! Someome else recognises you for what you are!

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 5:09 am

SPACE STATION FLYBYS: Sky watchers in North America might notice a bright light streaking across the evening sky this weekend. It's the International Space Station. The busily expanding station is now as luminous as Venus even when it doesn't fly directly overhead; some observers report seeing it through clouds. US and Canadian readers, find out when to look using our new Simple Satellite Tracker. www.spaceweather.com

use this one. works for canada, too

http://spaceweather.com/flybys/search_r ... _radio=usa

it's open season on rednecks? i thought that wasn't until june....

lau
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 7:14 am

I use Heavens Above.

I must try to remember to watch, on Monday 08:19:35 (here) for Iridium 91, at magnitude -7.6 in the daytime.

At quarter to nine, tonight, the ISS at magnitude 0.6 hardly competes.

Oh... Iridium 80 gives a -6 at quarter to ten tonight. Must have a peek at that.

Five orders of magnitude = 100 times as bright.
I.e. one orders of magnitude = 2.512 times as bright.
So... 8.2 orders of magnitude = Monday's daytime Iridium flare will be 1,905 times as bright as the ISS will be tonight (which is a third of the brightness of Sirius and just less than the second brightest star, Canopus).

After tonight's ISS pass, the Iridium flare will only be 437 times as bright.

I wonder if I'll still be awake at about 3:30am? A couple of -7 flares about then. They should be quite impressive, in the dark.

See Apparent magnitude.

Actually, the ISS can get pretty bright. It's just not that bright tonight, and tonight is the only time it's visible for ten days here.