Post a video of yourself!! !! ! !! ! ! !!

Page 81 of 104 [ 1655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 104  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 12:28 pm

Taupey wrote:
I have a question, what do you mean back to front shoes, I don't understand? I don't know if that's a cultural thing or I'm just not getting something, like a joke

no it is not cultural. even if it was, i would never know.

i was joking, but it was spontaneous, and so it was ill considered and poorly structured. i filmed my shoes for an american girl who wanted to see them, and i went into "babble commentary".

the joke is difficult to describe, and i am not sure if it is possible to be perceived as funny by anyone other than me.
there i many things i find funny which no one else can perceive humor in.
i will attempt to explain.

i expect to get a left shoe and a right shoe.

when i open the box later, i take out the left shoe, and i realize that they have made a mistake, because they gave
me a right shoe instead of a left shoe.

i become worried that they made a mistake with the right shoe as well, and when i take it out of the box, sure enough i see that they have. they gave me a left shoe instead of a right one.

it is bad enough that they got the left shoe wrong, but to also get the right one wrong is unforgivable.

^ that was the first dimension of the "joke", but as i was thinking about it, i decided it could be even funnier if i took it to an even more extreme level of stupidity.

i imagined that i was so stupid, that i did not even "realize" that the left shoe was mistakenly replaced by a right shoe (and vice verce).
i imagined i was so stupid, that i thought the left shoe was a result of a manufacturing glitch which produced the left shoe "back to front" and that the right shoe was a result of another manufacturing glitch which produced the right shoe "back to front" (meaning mirror image) (double whammy!), and that i was in possession of a pair of "back to front shoes"

a further level of (redeemable) stupidity can be added when i consider that i was not born with "back to front feet", so it would seem incontrovertible that i can not wear "back to front" shoes, yet i have calculated an ingenious workaround.

if i put the "back to front" left shoe on my right foot, and the "back to front" right shoe on my left foot, they fit adequately.

______

that was the joke, but since i only thought of it as i was filming my shoes, my verbal scaffolding was not able to be erected in time to convey it.

i will remove the video now because i do not like it.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

18 Sep 2011, 1:29 pm

Taupey wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
This video is so awkward... :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjaS7QEviCc[/youtube]
You sound so sweet Makayla. :)

:lol: Thanks, I guess.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 2:44 pm

b9 wrote:
Taupey wrote:
I have a question, what do you mean back to front shoes, I don't understand? I don't know if that's a cultural thing or I'm just not getting something, like a joke

no it is not cultural. even if it was, i would never know.

i was joking, but it was spontaneous, and so it was ill considered and poorly structured. i filmed my shoes for an american girl who wanted to see them, and i went into "babble commentary".

the joke is difficult to describe, and i am not sure if it is possible to be perceived as funny by anyone other than me.
there i many things i find funny which no one else can perceive humor in.
i will attempt to explain.

i expect to get a left shoe and a right shoe.

when i open the box later, i take out the left shoe, and i realize that they have made a mistake, because they gave
me a right shoe instead of a left shoe.

i become worried that they made a mistake with the right shoe as well, and when i take it out of the box, sure enough i see that they have. they gave me a left shoe instead of a right one.

it is bad enough that they got the left shoe wrong, but to also get the right one wrong is unforgivable.

^ that was the first dimension of the "joke", but as i was thinking about it, i decided it could be even funnier if i took it to an even more extreme level of stupidity.

i imagined that i was so stupid, that i did not even "realize" that the left shoe was mistakenly replaced by a right shoe (and vice verce).
i imagined i was so stupid, that i thought the left shoe was a result of a manufacturing glitch which produced the left shoe "back to front" and that the right shoe was a result of another manufacturing glitch which produced the right shoe "back to front" (meaning mirror image) (double whammy!), and that i was in possession of a pair of "back to front shoes"

a further level of (redeemable) stupidity can be added when i consider that i was not born with "back to front feet", so it would seem incontrovertible that i can not wear "back to front" shoes, yet i have calculated an ingenious workaround.

if i put the "back to front" left shoe on my right foot, and the "back to front" right shoe on my left foot, they fit adequately.

______

that was the joke, but since i only thought of it as i was filming my shoes, my verbal scaffolding was not able to be erected in time to convey it.

i will remove the video now because i do not like it.

:) I understand now, thank you. It's not stupid, but somewhat complex which I believe is normal for you and that amazing mind of your's. Sometimes jokes baffle me and sometimes not. I recently had difficulty understand a comic IdahoRose created too.

As a child, I use to hate when people or even other children would tell me jokes because I wasn't sure if I was going to understand them and then look like a complete idiot. I would always get anxious whenever anyone would start, I would quickly tell them I had to go or change the subject. But I love to laugh.

I'm sorry you removed your video. Maybe you have another one you like you could replace it with or post too. :)

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

keef
Raven
Raven

18 Sep 2011, 6:11 pm

Here I am testing the ridge beam in my new workshop...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA02xXCkJz0[/youtube]

Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

I love carving: www.wrongplanet.net/postxf8620-0-2276.html

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

keef wrote:
Here I am testing the ridge beam in my new workshop...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA02xXCkJz0[/youtube]
lol... That looks like fun! :D

keef
Raven
Raven

21 Sep 2011, 7:27 am

Taupey wrote:

Thanks Taupey, it was. It's even more fun on a really big frame.

Here's a longer video of how the structural oak frame was fabricated and erected...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r-QHNmhl2o[/youtube]

keef
Raven
Raven

21 Sep 2011, 8:50 am

I like doing slightly more placid things too...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc2slp-qt4I[/youtube]

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

keef wrote:
Taupey wrote:

Here's a longer video of how the structural oak frame was fabricated and erected...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r-QHNmhl2o[/youtube]

That's a beautiful frame, it looks extremely heavy.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 1:09 pm

keef wrote:
I like doing slightly more placid things too...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc2slp-qt4I[/youtube]
:) I use to love doing this with one of my grandfather's row boats. It's very beautiful and a great video, Keef.

keef
Raven
Raven

21 Sep 2011, 4:04 pm

Taupey wrote:
keef wrote:
Taupey wrote:

Thanks. There was eight and a half tonnes of oak in the structural frame alone. It took a couple of months to fabricate but only eight hours to put up (including lunch and a couple of tea breaks).

Once it was up, there was another few tonnes of subsequent cladding, flooring, lining, etc. Here's how it looked as things progressed...

[img][800:470]http://sessile-oak.co.uk/picture_library/FGalSB.jpg[/img]

It's finished now (other than a few little touches here and there) and I'm sitting in my office as I type this - just below the beam I was swinging on. It's a nice space to work in - especially with a pair of 350 watt speakers mounted in the main bay.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Sep 2011, 1:29 am

VIDEO BLOG #2!! !! !! ! (Kind of weird. :D)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM50oKuAKRc[/youtube]

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 7:18 am

keef wrote:
Taupey wrote:
keef wrote:
Taupey wrote:

Thanks. There was eight and a half tonnes of oak in the structural frame alone. It took a couple of months to fabricate but only eight hours to put up (including lunch and a couple of tea breaks).

Once it was up, there was another few tonnes of subsequent cladding, flooring, lining, etc. Here's how it looked as things progressed...

[img][800:470]http://sessile-oak.co.uk/picture_library/FGalSB.jpg[/img]

It's finished now (other than a few little touches here and there) and I'm sitting in my office as I type this - just below the beam I was swinging on. It's a nice space to work in - especially with a pair of 350 watt speakers mounted in the main bay.
The photo didn't come up Keef.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 7:22 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

What were you going to paint for your mural, Makayla?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 9:05 am

Taupey wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

A big tree. Probably an oak. I was looking for an opportunity to take away from all the orange. :lol:

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 9:41 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Taupey wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

A big tree. Probably an oak. I was looking for an opportunity to take away from all the orange. :lol:
I love Oak Trees. :) Yes, I noticed it really is ORANGE. 8O :wink: Is there any hope you'll be able to pick the color of your bedroom when you move? :)

I was thinking about painting different things here and there around on my house walls. I probably will after I repaint it all first. But that's why I was curious and asked. I'm into that stuff.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 12:37 am

Video Blog #3

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TEl4ooO6mk[/youtube]