Page 94 of 794 [ 12696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 794  Next

Mademoiselle_Cafeine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Aug 2007, 11:16 pm

Thanks!
You house is amazing, it reminds me of my own bedroom! I loved your posters (is that a periodic table of elements?)

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

25 Aug 2007, 11:24 pm

Flagg wrote:
I love your house, you look really warm and intelligent.

Warm? Ambiguity error.

Did you mean:

1) I am dress warmly? This is probably true. Also wearing my Indiana Jones leather jacket, and half-finger gloves. I was just about to go out.
2) I am warm, tempurature wise? Yes, I was; that room has no ventilation (half of a converted garage), and there are about 8 computers in there, all kicking out heat. It's a toasty little space.
3) I have a warm personality (judging from my friendly smile?) Sometimes. Depends on my mood, and who I'm dealing with. :wink: At that particular moment, I was happy, and looking at a friend.

And if intelligence is measured by the amout of geeky crap that can be crammed into a small space (I call these spaces my "lairs"), I'm probably one of the most intelligent people on the planet. :P

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Packrat

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

25 Aug 2007, 11:25 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
I'm surprised your little munchkin lets all your belongings alone!

Um, who's to say that he does? :wink: Wolf (my son's name) has other entire areas of the house devoted to his belongings; but, he loves Daddy's stuff the most.

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Wolfherder

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

25 Aug 2007, 11:38 pm

Mademoiselle_Cafeine wrote:
You house is amazing, it reminds me of my own bedroom! I loved your posters (is that a periodic table of elements?)

Er, wow, I didn't even consider the backdrop; was just trying to post a pic of my scarf for a fellow Whovian; I love that scarf. :wink:

You are quite observant, that is a periodic table; I'm a science geek, and was a chemical engineering major at one point in my scholastic career. People keep saying that's my house; that's just the computer room, designated Lab001. It was an indoor computing centre, which housed several different computers doing different things, along with some museum pieces. The adjacent room (designated Lab002) is the other half of the converted garage, which is still a garage, but I had converted it into an electronics workshop; I had plans to put in a chemistry centre (vacuum hood and all that), but we moved out of that house before I got too far with that project. The workshop was kickass, though. Lab003 was an area in the back yard where I set up an astronomy/astrophotography lab; really ust a concrete slab with a couple of tables to hold laptops and equipment was, plus a spot for the telescope. I was planning on constrcuting a permenant pier to mount the scope on, but never got around to that, either.

I'm infamous for my elaborate living spaces; you should see my office at work.

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Feng Shui Master

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 11:39 pm

Nice scarf. But there'd be plenty of Whovians on WP.

On sabbatical...

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 11:41 pm

Icarus, I really like your rooms styling. I need to acquire a few more random bits of stuff... but I am well on my way.

My whole apartment would look like that if I could. Looks so utilitarian.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

25 Aug 2007, 11:47 pm

Quatermass wrote:

Oh, I know they're out there. It's just nice to randomly run into one. Like your pic of John Pertwee too, btw; I prefer the electic blue, but Pertwee's 'lace' was better because it was more sutble. I'm a Tom Baker guy myself.

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Timelord

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

25 Aug 2007, 11:54 pm

Pugly wrote:
Icarus, I really like your rooms styling. I need to acquire a few more random bits of stuff... but I am well on my way.

My whole apartment would look like that if I could. Looks so utilitarian.

Ha, thanks. I'll have to dig up a few more lair pics, just for fun. Maybe these are what "aspie" lairs look like? Yeah, I just decided that's the case.

Here's an old lair when I lived in that hell-pit of a place called Florida. I was a network engineer / security analyst back then, specializing in Linux systems (thus all the Linux mumbo-jumbo). Plus my old hot-sauce collection, and my motherboards museum (m68000 C64 -> Apple IIe -> i8088 -> i286 -> i386SX -> i486DX, complete with tags that included intro date and approximate transistor count. Never did get my hands on an i8086 board, which I b***h about to this day (obviously).)
Lemme dig up a few pics of my old work office...

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Lairmaster

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 12:01 am

Icarus_Falling wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

Oh, I know they're out there. It's just nice to randomly run into one. Like your pic of John Pertwee too, btw; I prefer the electic blue, but Pertwee's 'lace' was better because it was more sutble. I'm a Tom Baker guy myself.

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Timelord

I only put in Jon Pertwee to compare with Mike Myers as Austin Powers. My actual favourite Doctor is the current one, David Tennant. Before he came along, it was a toss-up between Patrick Troughton, Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy.

On sabbatical...

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 12:02 am

It's.....Beautiful.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

26 Aug 2007, 12:04 am

I was going to say that it's the most delightfully geeky thing I've ever seen.

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 12:06 am

*abandons plan to post pic of minimalist living quarters*

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

26 Aug 2007, 12:14 am

At work, I'm infamous and well-known for having inordinately elaborate offices. We just moved buildings, and I'm not setup yet, but I've had several people stop by and say, "I just wanted to see your office." I need to stop slacking. Anyway, here's outside looking in the door. Can't quite see it, but the table to the left is covered with plants (gotta have plants). Naother motherboard collection is pinned to the wall (more random than the one at home).
The movie posters change regularly. I was in a "classics" mood when I got those. That stack of orange cups is because I was too lazy to take them to the kitchen and put them in the correct recycle bin, but didn't want to put them in the regular trash either. A few photos I've taken and printed, random mumbo jumbo... And that is a Hellraiser puzzle box top the shelf.
There came a point where I had collected so many crap CDs (mouse drivers and other useless crap), that I one day decided to pin them all to the wall. Another thing I became famous for doing. Anyone who ever thought I was joking when I said Tinkerbell is my muse, and I have a pic of her in my office... Well, there she is.
Finally, my primay work area, complete with a small collection of Bawls bottles (I'm a cafeine junky). Can't quite see it, but that's a Lexx mousepad featuring Zevv. There are a few anime girls taped to the monitors, as well as some ridiculous "Fungus Proof" guarantee that was on the boxes of floppies we had. (Fungus proof?) Fun stuff.
Anyway, random geek lairs. I can't work unless I'm surrounded by all of my geeky crap.

Enjoy. [I'm avaliable for lair-design consults.]

Good fortune,

- Icarus the WTF?

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 12:14 am

nb411 wrote:

You just don't understand the secret joy of finding the most efficient way of cramming a bunch of stuff into a modest sized room.

Plus, stuff to me means memories... and I am hopelessly nostalgic.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

26 Aug 2007, 12:16 am

nb411 wrote:

Oh, come now! Let's see!

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 12:24 am

Icarus_Falling wrote:
Anyway, random geek lairs. I can't work unless I'm surrounded by all of my geeky crap.

Good work on the They Might Be Giants; Then. I give you a thumbs up.