Page 95 of 794 [ 12696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 794  Next

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

26 Aug 2007, 12:28 am

Quatermass wrote:
Icarus_Falling wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Nice scarf. But there'd be plenty of Whovians on WP.

Oh, I know they're out there. It's just nice to randomly run into one. Like your pic of John Pertwee too, btw; I prefer the electic blue, but Pertwee's 'lace' was better because it was more sutble. I'm a Tom Baker guy myself.

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Timelord

I only put in Jon Pertwee to compare with Mike Myers as Austin Powers. My actual favourite Doctor is the current one, David Tennant. Before he came along, it was a toss-up between Patrick Troughton, Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy.

I'm behind on the new incarnation of the series. I'll probalby wait for the series to find some reasonble change-over point (either by concluding, or changing Doctors), and catch up on DVD; I like to get it all at once. But I've caught a few of the new episodes, and have been impressed! I look forward to catching up on them all.

I actually like most of the Doctors; just takes me a bit to get used to each of them. I kind of ended up growing up on Tom Baker; he was the Doctor when I started watching, and I always just loved his crazy style.

I wish they'd release all of the series on DVD; dunno what this "every other random episode or so" is available mumbo jumbo is.

Good fortune,

- Icarus Will Catch Up

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

26 Aug 2007, 12:41 am

nb411 wrote:
*abandons plan to post pic of minimalist living quarters*

I respect my more Spartan brethren (and uh, sistren? WTF is the right word here?). Many folks around me have a couple of monitors, keyboard, mouse, and maybe a pen and pad in their office, and that's all. To each his or her own.

AND, when it comes time to pack up and move (as we must do from time to time), I'm a bit jealous of the Spartan folks; takes me the better part of a day to pull down and pack up all of my crazy crap. :wink: Having so much crap in my offices (home or work) can be rather a pain in the ass; I like my workspaces, but they can be cumbersome.

Good fortune,

Icarus the Encumbered

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 1:54 am

Pugly wrote:
nb411 wrote:

You just don't understand the secret joy of finding the most efficient way of cramming a bunch of stuff into a modest sized room.

Plus, stuff to me means memories... and I am hopelessly nostalgic.

Haha I am not very nostalgic although I am in denial. I think my 1st grade excercise books are still in a box at my Fathers house. But really I don't enjoy being surrounded by many loose objects.

gwenevyn wrote:
nb411 wrote:

Oh, come now! Let's see!

Here is my desk taken just then:
desky desk

Icarus_Falling wrote:
nb411 wrote:

I respect my more Spartan brethren (and uh, sistren? WTF is the right word here?). Many folks around me have a couple of monitors, keyboard, mouse, and maybe a pen and pad in their office, and that's all. To each his or her own.

AND, when it comes time to pack up and move (as we must do from time to time), I'm a bit jealous of the Spartan folks; takes me the better part of a day to pull down and pack up all of my crazy crap. :wink: Having so much crap in my offices (home or work) can be rather a pain in the ass; I like my workspaces, but they can be cumbersome.

Good fortune,

Icarus the Encumbered

:) As you can see I am not completely free of encumberence, though I am somewhat free of embellishment. Not that I am purporting a particular stance on the matter. To each his own as you say :)

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

26 Aug 2007, 1:57 am

nb411 wrote:

Here is my desk taken just then:
desky desk

Hey! I can see.... me! :D Or my avatar, whatever.

Your office reminds me of my brother's. Looks good! My computer area is relatively free of "embellishment" as well.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 3:16 pm

Looks too utilitarian for my taste.

But different strokes for different folks.

Godwit
Toucan
Toucan

26 Aug 2007, 4:27 pm

Sorry, but:

1) The only picture of myself that I have is on my driver's license, which I don't think I should post.

2) I don't have a digital camera, nor do I know anyone who would take my picture and give it to me.

3) If I did have a picture of myself, I wouldn't post it anyway, because that seems sort of scary to me. I don't know why, but it does.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 5:46 pm

Mademoiselle_Cafeine, what's that grated window beside you? Are you in POLITICAL PRISON down there? :D

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

26 Aug 2007, 9:18 pm

Ana54 wrote:
Mademoiselle_Cafeine, what's that grated window beside you? Are you in POLITICAL PRISON down there? :D

Brazil is in the rain forest so that is likely to keep strange creepy bugs out.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

26 Aug 2007, 9:39 pm

I've never been to Brazil or anywhere else in South America, but in Central America the windows are covered with metal grates for the purposes of keeping burglars out.

Mademoiselle_Cafeine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Aug 2007, 10:10 pm

No, I'm not in political prison. 8O
Well, for those of you who are just a little bit uninformed, the rain forest is miles away from my home and those who live there are mostly native americans (which are around 0,2% of Brazil's population).
I live in a big city, not in the jungle (there's something about my city São Paulo), I live in the 12th floor of an apartment building, my apartment has huge windows, I'm a sleepwalker and I have a suicidal dog. Those are all the reasons for my grated window. Happy?

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

26 Aug 2007, 10:19 pm

Mademoiselle_Cafeine wrote:
I live in the 12th floor of an apartment building, my apartment has huge windows, I'm a sleepwalker and I have a suicidal dog. Those are all the reasons for my grated window. Happy?

I wish I had a grate like that, built in. I had to install gates over my windows myself, for safety reasons.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

26 Aug 2007, 10:19 pm

Well, for those of you who are just a little bit uninformed, the rain forest is miles away from my home and those who live there are mostly native americans (which are around 0,2% of Brazil's population).
I live in a big city, not in the jungle (there's something about my city São Paulo), I live in the 12th floor of an apartment building, my apartment has huge windows, I'm a sleepwalker and I have a suicidal dog. Those are all the reasons for my grated window. Happy?

I actually had to go back and re-look at that picture to see what everybody was so concerned about with the windows and such. Before, I was, um, too distracted by the foreground of the photo, and admit that I didn't even notice the strange grates.

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Easily Distracted

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 1:44 am

Icarus_Falling wrote:

I actually had to go back and re-look at that picture to see what everybody was so concerned about with the windows and such. Before, I was, um, too distracted by the foreground of the photo, and admit that I didn't even notice the strange grates.

Good fortune,

- Icarus the Easily Distracted

Mademoiselle_Cafeine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Aug 2007, 10:21 am

gwenevyn wrote:
I live in the 12th floor of an apartment building, my apartment has huge windows, I'm a sleepwalker and I have a suicidal dog. Those are all the reasons for my grated window. Happy?

I wish I had a grate like that, built in. I had to install gates over my windows myself, for safety reasons.

They weren't built in. The grates were installed by my mom, they are made of thick nylon strings.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 12:56 pm

mademoiselle caffeine, you look really pretty.

and gwen, i like your new avatar. :) i was pondering for quite some weeks to offer you to ink and color your old one but you somehow fixed that yourself. :)

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

28 Aug 2007, 6:21 pm

gekitsu wrote:
mademoiselle caffeine, you look really pretty.

Ditto that! Very pretty.

And thanks for humoring us with the explanation. I get curious about all sorts of silly things.

Quote:

and gwen, i like your new avatar. :) i was pondering for quite some weeks to offer you to ink and color your old one but you somehow fixed that yourself. :)

Thanks! I didn't make it myself (except shaving it down), but I really like it, too. And wow... that's really sweet of you to think of offering something so nice. :D It made me happy to read that.