Leaving WP, possibly for good this time.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2009, 7:28 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I have made the near-final decision to leave WP. And this time, it could be permanent.

When I first joined in July 2004, it was a very friendly support system. But lately, it's very difficult to get support from peers and colleagues. And I have tried to help people when they were going through difficult situations.

Now people are getting attacked for not having certain religious or political beliefs (or lack thereof in case of religion), even in the "Haven". Legitimate relationship advice is being ignored in the L&D folder, while threads with titles like "All Women are Possessed by the Devil" get tons of hits. And there is a lot of favoritism on here. If you're not one of the "VIPs", you will be constantly ignored.

I feel that I am no longer of use or service on here, despite my best intentions and efforts.

If anyone wants to contact me, feel free to do so via my e-mail or IMs.

I agree that things have changed for the worse here on WP, but not in the ways that you see. What I see is that it is no longer a safe haven for aspies and supportive, sympathetic family members and friends. What I'm seeing are a lot of newbies of the FAAAS mindset who come here in the guise of asking for advice and help but who parrot FAAAS and anti-aspie talking points, misinformation and hysteria. Then I see posters, a lot of whom are also relative newbies, shower said posters with sympathy and murmurs of agreement about how horrible aspies are and how saintly the poor woman is to put up with them. Said posters agree that the aspie needs to do ALL of the "changing" or else. Then others nod in agreement and pounce viciously on those who try to defend the aspies and explain that differences in perception and communication, and not inherent evil of AS, is largely responsible and that aspies also need consideration and acceptance instead of bearing ALL the burden of problems and change.

And I don't see the mods doing anything about that, either. This is supposed to be a safe haven for aspies/ASD. We get enough hate, misinformation, stereotyping and discrimination, and have to constantly do enough justifying and explaining, out in the real world every single day. We do NOT need to deal with it in here.

Life is not about waiting out storms, but learning to dance in the rain-Anonymous

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 11:46 pm

westernwild: Just a reminder. Please be respectful of all views expressed on Wrong Planet, even if they may differ from your own.

Be assured all moderators, and most all members, try very hard so everyone can express their views, insights, ask questions, share knowledge (and have some fun too). westernwild, you are a relatively new member; remember to respect the views of others. Wrong Planet, and our moderators, do not need your critique when you have no warrant to do so.

If you have concerns you wish to express to Wrong Planet, as a whole, or moderators, then do so - privately and with content (not just your subjective opinion). Most members contribute, a lot. Including Tim_Tex. Wrong Planet and our inhabitants do not have any agenda about FAAAS or any other organization, agency, or special viewpoint; we are a heterogeneous group who respects each others and allows for free discourse. Further, if you don't like Wrong Planet, then don't log on - there are other sites, you know. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2009, 3:28 am

Tim, I hope you'll reconsider. It's ok to stand your ground and yet have others still disagree. It is not a personal thing.

Best in any case.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2009, 11:47 pm

Just so everybody knows...

I got a B in my philosophy course, maintaining a 3.0 GPA.

I have decided on San Antonio, Austin, or Pittsburgh as far as relocation goes.

I have decided on a Nintendo Wii for my game console.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!