Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GrandWazoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jul 2015, 3:59 am

auntblabby wrote:
you are a fortunate man :wtg: my social functioning seems to preclude me having a mate, so you are doing very well in my opinion. can you tell me why you say Deutschland is not good for "living purposes?" from my vantage point in the land of the unfree it seems like a haven, the greener grass on the other side, as it were.

Thank you. I never thought i would be able to find someone who can somehow understand me and can accept my quirks. It will also happen to you, don't worry. My social functioning is totally off and i somehow made it happen. I still don't know how, though. :mrgreen:

Germany is a place full of history with an incredibly interesting culture, but the people are considered odd, rude and emotionally cold. Here, at least in this area, it can take a very very long time till someone sees you as a friend. I am here for over 25 years and i have no friends at all. Okay, that is self-explanatory now since i am aware of being on the spectrum :wink: Even i had some acquaintances here ,though, and just after a short period of time they almost "escaped" out of my life with no word being said. And this didn't just happen to me. It actually is a very common occurrence.

They also seem to be liberal here, but it seems like they still have some sort of suppressed right-wing agenda.

There is just no chance for someone from abroad to have a good experience here, unless you are patient and also look for people from your part of the world. But i can't speak for all of Germany.

For history, visit the south. For living, go up north (Berlin, Hamburg)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 11:16 pm

GrandWazoo wrote:
For history, visit the south. For living, go up north (Berlin, Hamburg)

so the north is friendlier than the south?

GrandWazoo

26 Jul 2015, 4:14 am

Oh yes! This is not only how i perceived it but also how others, especially people from the United States who came there to live, experienced it. Even native Germans confirmed this thesis. Of course there are exceptions, but it is a very long and complicated process till you find these.

"The farther up north you go, the nicer the people will be."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 4:28 am

off the top of your head, could you point to one thing that would explain this disparity?

GrandWazoo

26 Jul 2015, 5:12 am

Cultural and historical differences mainly. The Bavarian people always wanted to be independent from the rest of Germany and somehow still see it this way. They don't like "intruders", as in people who come into their area to destroy the culture and their habits. They in fact don't like anyone to change these. Also they seem to have a congenital roughness towards everyone who is not from their area, so there is a likelihood that THIS is the reason why they seem so harsh, rude, or even odd.
When i used to live in one of those villages, i got yelled at, almost beaten up multiple times, and there were different stories about me going around the area. I , for example, was seen vandalizing graves and stealing!! ! bones there. And as a matter of fact this didn't only happen to me, but to everyone who was new in their area. When you are there as a tourist, though, they can seem like the nicest people on the planet. :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 5:14 am

wow, what a bunch of xenophobes, those southerners! :o who just want my money Image

GrandWazoo

26 Jul 2015, 5:23 am

auntblabby wrote:
wow, what a bunch of xenophobes, those southerners! :o who just want my money

:!: