Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 2:29 am

Welcome back!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 1:00 pm

The modern world is very different then the world hundred and thousands of years ago. Many of the ways we live our lives are very different then in days gone by.

For example, I went on a excursion to the deep regions of Mexico when I was young with the Sierra Club. It was a 5 day walk. The first day we hiked up a very steep hill the entire day. On the top you could see the ocean on one side and the Gulf of California on the other side. It was a strenuous hike and my body was covered with sweat. But there was no place to wash it off and it dried on my body. The next day I notices something very strange. The insects did not come near me. The dried sweat and dust and grim on my body made me somewhat invisible to the insects.

So if your children lived hundreds of years ago, would they have worn underwear, would they have just urinated or excrete waste on the open ground. Customs dictate how we live. Maybe instead of teaching them to use the bathroom, maybe they might learn to just go outside and use the outdoors.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2024, 8:06 am

So as a young man, I went on trips with the Sierra Club. Many times these trips were days long and we covered long distances on hiking trails. Sometimes we went on excursions where road and trails did not even exist.

So what is the point? Well many times there were not toilets. One just went in the woods. But the Sierra Club had developed rules for this process.

According to one Sierra Club website, when out on a deep trail and you need to go in the woods:
"In many locations, burying human feces by digging a “cathole” is the most effective method".

So perhaps you might teach and train your young children how to go potty outdoors. In time they may learn the advantages of using the restroom indoors. But as small children, they may have to learn this on their own.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2024, 5:24 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2024, 9:17 pm

Welcome to WP :mrgreen: