Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 3:56 pm

You are very welcome, sir!

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 5:59 pm

Linesman2008 wrote:
Oh, I was thinking too, is it true that AS can show a sensitivity to bright light? I have to squint on a cloudy day and wear sunglasses when its just normal bright. Could this be an As symptom or am I confused?

Yes. We tend to suffer from sensory issues, where fairly normal levels of sensory input affect people with AS much more than most people. Visual issues include the one that you've just described. Hope this helped.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 9:03 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Linesman2008
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Apr 2008, 12:31 pm

Hodor wrote:
Linesman2008 wrote:
Oh, I was thinking too, is it true that AS can show a sensitivity to bright light? I have to squint on a cloudy day and wear sunglasses when its just normal bright. Could this be an As symptom or am I confused?

Yes. We tend to suffer from sensory issues, where fairly normal levels of sensory input affect people with AS much more than most people. Visual issues include the one that you've just described. Hope this helped.

Ah, so my suspicion was correct.
I find my hearing is variable too, I often have to ask people to repeat themselves, not so much because I can't hear them but the sounds don't make any sense the first time round, I know it annoys a few people though but I can't help it. I know I also talk too loudly as people keep telling me to be quiet. But it doesn't sound too loud to me if you know what I mean. I also find it incredibly difficult to do things like throw or catch objects, and as for kicking a football, forget it!