Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 11:24 am

Yeah, but we have no way of vertifying it, plus, this site may have other factors that attract those with above average IQs, etc. . .

PseudointellectualHorse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Nov 2005, 8:26 pm

Me, too. My IQ is almost perfect. It's 98.

mathogre
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2005, 9:37 pm

Also, different IQ tests norm differently. I took two IQ tests some years ago, one was numerically higher than the other, but represented a slightly lower percentile.

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 10:52 am

I resontley did an IQ Test but teh resolts man sed they didon't deel in frakshons.

Twitch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2005, 8:33 pm

Also a lot of things make a difference in intelligence testing. According to tests mine falls between 129-135 depending on the test, however; and this is a big however, I have very poor math skills so what do these tests really reflect? They're very culturelly biased too. I wouldn't do as well as I do coming from where I came from were I not self-educated for the most part. In other words: rural North Carolina, public school system...where I was terrorised for thirteen years.

"In what concerns you much, do not think that you have companions: know that you are alone in the world."

Henry David Thoreau

omega
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Dec 2005, 11:44 am

WooYayHooplah wrote:
I resontley did an IQ Test but teh resolts man sed they didon't deel in frakshons.
ferrie funnie :D

grayson
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2005, 11:53 am

Hey Twitch, I'm originally from North Carolina (little Washington, then Greenville; high school, college and thereafter in the Durham-Chapel Hill area. Go Tar Heels, in case you're wondering whether my allegiances lie in Durham or Chapel Hill :-) ). What area are you from?

During the diagnostic process for my AS daughter here in the Netherlands, she was given an IQ test in Dutch. Her Dutch was pretty good, but not as good as her English. Eventually the tester told her she could answer in English. Well, that's nice, but when the question is "how many words can you list that begin with the letter K?", answering in English doesn't really help 8O (there are lots of words that begin with K in Dutch, but try naming more than about 5 real fast in English).

They also asked her, as part of her testing, "Who is the Queen of the Netherlands?" She didn't know. Fortunately they were aware enough to then ask her who the president of the US was, which she did know.

IQ tests are, indeed, very culturally biased.

Twitch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2005, 12:05 pm

Rural Duplin county. Although I did live 30 minutes from Raliegh when I was in college in a little town called Buies Creek.

"In what concerns you much, do not think that you have companions: know that you are alone in the world."

Henry David Thoreau