Page 11 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 360  Next

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2005, 2:00 pm

Archmage wrote:
JayShaw wrote:
Quote:
Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: rock climbing and laser tag, do they count?

I used to play laser tag all the time when I was a teenager. I was fairly good at it.

Oh, really? We should get a couple of teams together and have a match sometime...

THAT was my 300th post?! !! Argggghhh!! !! ! How is it that i always mark a posting milestone with a lousy comment?!

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2005, 9:47 am

What is your first name? Kym

Hobbies and Interests: Digital Art, reptiles, paint shop pro, computers

Why are you here? Perspective and self reflection

Favorite subjects: Biology, Science, Drama

Favorite music: Violent Femmes, Madness, Pink Floyd, Led Zeplin, ....there is too much good music to make a list here......

Books: Anything with facts, dictionaries, thesorous, Asterix, Tin-Tin

TV shows/Movies: Monkey, South Park, Monkey, Documentries, Monkey, Movie: Harold and Maude!! There is no other all time great!

Instrument: Bit of self tought drums and guitar. Trying to learn keyboard from online free lessons at the moment. I want to buy a Banjo and can't stop fixating on it.

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: umm...I might it's been a while. I used to love riding my bike. I would average 120 km's a week just for the fun of it. I used to play soccor for the school too. Oh and I played competition tennis. I LOVE Table Tennis!

Family: Parents, a brother, sister, daughter, dog, rabbit, velvet gecko, guppies.

Clothing: casual neat, jeans and shirt or T-Shirt

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Self Employed Digital Art

Plans for the future? The what?

ElfMan

Last edited by ElfMan on 29 Mar 2005, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2005, 6:54 pm

What is your first name? Lori

Hobbies and Interests: computers, martial arts, guitar

Why are you here? I have AS; just found out.

Favorite subjects: math and science

Favorite music: i like mostly everything, but have a leaning towards angry white boy music and the Grateful Dead

Books: any Steven King, Ender's Game books by Orson Scott Card

TV shows/Movies: The Daily Show, the OC, Desperate Housewives, any CSI, A Beautiful Mind, Tommy, Star Wars eps 4-6, School of Rock, most martial arts movies, even if they suck.

Instrument: guitar

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: is martial arts a sport? how about hacky sack? If not, then no, I hate sports.

Family: my partner Karen and our 3 cats.

Clothing: jeans, t-shirts, hooded sweatshirts, preferably w/a zipper

How did you find this website? link from another AS site

Job: web design and dev, own business, few clients

Plans for the future? hard enough to plan for tomorrow!

Any comments? this is my favorite AS site i've found yet

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2005, 8:31 pm

What is your first name? Chris

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, anime, drawing, dragons, Japanese history, and tuberculosis

Why are you here? Me and my parents think that I have Asperger's.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not yet.

Favorite subjects: Science and Art

Year/Grade: 12th grade

Favorite music: Japanese music and video game music

Books: Any DragonLance book that has Raistlin in it

TV shows/Movies: Rurouni Kenshin, Peacemaker Kurogana, Spirited Away, Moulin Rouge, and every Godzilla movie

Instrument: I don't play any music

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: No

Family: My mom, my dad, a big sister, and two big brothers

Clothing: I usually wear jeans and an anime or game related T-shirt. Sometimes I wear traditional Japanese clothes like kimono and hakama.

How did you find this website? I saw it on gaiaonline.com

Job: I don't have one

Plans for the future? I want a job that has something to do with art because I like to draw

Any comments? Very shiny web site, this is!

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2005, 12:07 am

What is your first name? Ben
Hobbies and Interests: singing (usually to music I listen to), listening to music, my website, the forum here, other stuff
Why are you here? Started looking for other AS people and found this place.
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 4 or 5 I was "mis-diagnosed" with Autism, same age I was diagnosed with ADD and hypersensitivity..somewhere a long the road I was diagnosed with OCD... Diagnosed with AS at 13 or 14 (probably 13)
Favorite subjects: Choir, Musical Theatre
Year/Grade: 11th.
Favorite music: Rock, Techno, Classical, some Rap, etc.
Books: Don't read at all. Started reading "The Hobbit" at a library once.
TV shows/Movies: The Simpsons, Seinfeld, House, Law & Order, CSI, Chicago (Musical), and any Jim Carey movie.
Instrument: Tuba and some Baritone
Do you like sports? If so, which ones? I bike every now and then.
Family: Single Mom and 10 year old brother with ADD and probably/possibly AS.
Clothing: Jeans and T-Shirt fit suit every occassion almost perfectly
How did you find this website? Googled aspergers looking for a good, informative, website.
Job: Bag Man (bagboy is insulting)
Plans for the future? Might go into Music Technology, or Acting, or Singing, Cooking, whatever one I think makes more money.
Any comments? I'm a Christian....you should've asked what religon.

pah2world
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2005, 12:43 am

What is your first name? Paul

Hobbies and Interests: seeing live music and comedy

why are you here? strongly suspect I have AS, but had not heard of it until 5 weeks ago

Favorite music: Run DMC, Mos Def, Busta Rhymes, Gangstar, a tribe called Quest, the beastie boys, Wu-Tang Clan, De La Soul, Belle and Sebastian, Camera Obscura, Super Furry Animals, Seafood, Bis, The Wildhearts, A, AC/DC, the Ramones, Nerina Pallot, Thea Gilmore, Sarah Harmer, Rosie Thomas, Kat, Laura Cantrell, Johnny Cash, Neko Case, the be good tanyas

Books: I find reading hard, but any Mick Foley

TV shows/Movies: columbo, miss marple, poirot, seinfeld, the big Lebowski, this is spinal tap, the trouble with harry, used to watch wrestling

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I play golf, watch football (soccer) Arsenal

Family: mum, dad, two older sisters 30 and 28

Clothing: dockers pants, fred perry shirts

How did you find this website? via a link on nas.org.uk

Job: Don't have one yet.

Plans for the future? I find it see a future

Mar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Mar 2005, 10:02 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Yoga, Psychology/Neurology/Autism, Cooking, wearing flippers, wandering around places among people who don't speak my language.

Why are you here? I have a 4 year old son who is high-functioning autistic, and I have recently discovered that I, myself, am more than likely an Aspie.

When were you diagnosed? Not yet professionally diagnosed.

Favorite subjects: Psychology/Biology/Healthcare & Behavioral Sciences/Neurology/Autism, Poetry, Eastern Religion, European History.

Favorite music: Eclectic. Some favorites include: Ali Farka Toure, Buddy Guy, Oi Va Voi, Tom Waits, Antony and the Johnsons, Sigur Ros, Morphine, Afghan Whigs, Can, Tomatito.

Books: Hermann Hesse, Borges, Neruda, Lorca, Rumi, Graham Joyce, Audrey Niffenegger, Nabokov, C. S. Lewis.

TV shows: E.R., House (purely for Hugh Laurie), Nip/Tuck.

Movies: Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead, Sex and Lucia, What Dreams May Come, Frida.

Instrument: Backslidden violen and piano player. I doubt I could even remember how to hold a bow, although I can always muddle out the piano again, by sound.

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I spent one young summer in tennis camp.

Family: A mother and father and a beautiful little son.

Clothing: Simple, and as comfortable as I can slide by with. I tend to stick to mostly grays, browns, whites and blacks, although I try to add a red item occasionally to keep people from commenting on my lack of color.

How did you find this website? Serendipity.

Job: I buy people. For a tech company. I also happen to hate it and am currently transitioning into the Real Estate field.

Plans for the future? Delicately laid out. I had plans, they included nursing followed by med school. At the moment, as I'm questioning everything, I would like to scrap all that and head to Spain. I'll get a little flat along the Costa Brava and spend my days diving and my nights reading. Yes. That will be the plan. Forget saving the world.

Any comments? I lied. I want to save the world, and then I want to hide in Spain.

JayShaw
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Mar 2005, 9:43 pm

Hi, Mar. I'm currently living in Northern Virginia, as well.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2005, 10:27 pm

Name: Sean

Interests: computers (especially games), mountain biking, camping, I plan on doing some trap shooting once I have some money.

Pets: 2 Dogs and 1 Guinea Pig

Why are you here? 99.99999% I have Asperger's and currently seeking a formal diagnosis. I also have CP,TS,ADD,OCD formally diagnosed.

Favorite Music: Linkin Park, early Offspring, Green Day, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Supertones, and Metallica has been growing on me lately.

Favorite Books: 1984, Cosmos, The Hunt for the Red October (or anything else by Tom Clancy)

Favorite TV Shows/Movies: The Simpsons, Star Wars

Instruments: Tuba, Trumpet, Xylophone, Piano

Clothing: T-shirts or polo shirts, jeans or fatigues

How did you find this website? A link from a link from a link from a link from a link from a link...

Any comments? It's nice to know I'm not all alone in this world and that there is order to my eccentricities. The fact that I have even acknowledged my existence over the internet much less disclose details about myself speaks volumes about this site. I am normally very paranoid about my personal information.

Last edited by Sean on 19 Apr 2005, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2005, 11:45 pm

99.99999% I have Asperger's and currently seeking a formal diagnosis. I also have

•CP?

•TS?

•ADD
("attention deficit disorder")

•OCD
("obsessive compulsive disorder")

=formally diagnosed.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2005, 11:54 pm

CP= Cerebral Palsy, I have it very mildly on my right side.
TS= Tourette Syndrome

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2005, 12:06 am

[Mar
Emu Egg

Why are you here? I have a
4 year old son who is
high-functioning autistic, and
I have recently discovered that
I, myself, am more than likely an Aspie. ]

Just out of curiosity, and that I have
High Functioning Autism, can you tell
me some of his early symptoms.

When one gets older one tends to
forget these earlier years and
things they exhibited.

I had speech delays, behavoral
and ? unknown issues that
put me in Sp:ed specialty schools
before mainstream school and Sp:Ed

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2005, 12:45 am

[Sean
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:54 pm
Post subject:
----------------------------------------
CP= Cerebral Palsy, I have it very
mildly on my right side.
TS= Tourette Syndrome]

Can can see ADD, and OCD as
a mix, but thrown in with CP & TS
I have no idea how that affects you
in behavior? I am curious because
of the mixture of disorders.

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2005, 12:58 am

The CP is not related to the other disorders. As for the rest, check out this link http://www.aspergerssyndrome.org/Big%20Picture.htm
and see figure 1. Everything applies to me except seizures and bipolar disorder.

Mar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Apr 2005, 9:01 am

JayShaw wrote:
Hi, Mar. I'm currently living in Northern Virginia, as well.

Hi, Jay. I'm living in Chantilly right now, and about to move to Fairfax. (If I survive this Real Estate market bidding insanity.)

Mar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Apr 2005, 9:22 am

Ghosthunter wrote:
Just out of curiosity, and that I have
High Functioning Autism, can you tell
me some of his early symptoms.

I had speech delays, behavoral
and ? unknown issues that
put me in Sp:ed specialty schools
before mainstream school and Sp:Ed

Generally, speech/language delays are connected more with Autism than Aspergers I believe. With my son, at around the age of 1-2 he began "losing" his language, the little that he had by then. He lost his ability to keep any sort of eye contact as well, became very withdrawn, had tantrums when any change was forced upon him and it was only ocassionally that I thought he even noticed that I, or anyone else was alive. He was in his own world. (This of course happened over a period of time, gradual enough for me to try to think it was something he would "grow out of" until it was bad enough that the fact that something was very wrong just could not be ignored.)

He is now almost 5 years old, and has a better grip on language, though echolalia is a big problem. He can make himself understood, though we have difficulty with things like "I" vs. "You," "She/He" vs. "It," and such complexities. He also interacts quite well with others and is a much happier little boy.

Ghosthunter wrote:
When one gets older one tends to
forget these earlier years and
things they exhibited.

Very true. I quite recently sat down with my mother and we tried to think back to what I was like at a young age. I'd forgotten all I'd been through and felt, although looking at it now with the information I have, it is glaringly obvious what the problem was.

I'm even struggling with a bit of anger, because no one knew what was wrong at the time.