Aussies Unite - A forum for any Aussie Aspies

Page 14 of 44 [ 703 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 44  Next

grendelis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Aug 2010, 7:32 pm

Yep just found this place. I'm currently travelling in Queensland, Oz, but live in NZ... well, I will return there but have no idea what I will do or where I will go. I just need to be somewhere warm.

Over last few years I have realised that I am a mild Aspie. Seeing my cousin bring up his Aspergers son (aged 7), I can now see that I gave my own parents hell and was Aspie. Things seemed to get better after childhood. But recently over the last few years (since turning 40+) I have noticed that I am starting to find day to day living harder. Don't know where to turn for help really. I'm not the sort of person who likes to go to Dr's. So I thought I'd start here.

Hello anyway.

SheldonCooper
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Aug 2010, 4:38 am

Hi to all the new Aussie members since my last post. This forum has helped me a lot, you will all like it here :)

If theres any new Perth Aspergers members and would like to get in contact with other Perth members then feel free to join my Facebook group i made....It only has 6 members so far but i hope to have more of a little community on there :)

Just search for 'Perth Aspergers Group' on Facebook , everyone is welcome.

Carnione
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Aug 2010, 4:14 am

Yo :D I'm from Melbourne, but living in NZ right now.

and new so feeling like a n00b ^^;

ellenelizabeth27
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Sep 2010, 2:04 am

Hey everyone.
I'm Ellen, from Melbourne; Victoria :D

DoniiMann
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 5:53 pm

Born in Whyalla (SA), grew up in outback qld (Blackall) and Brisvegas, but living in NW Tasmania for last eight years.

Auriya
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Sep 2010, 5:24 am

Mexicans 8O

magicmum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Sep 2010, 8:25 pm

Umm - I'm a mum with a 17 yr old son with AS. I hope to find some answers to a lot of stuff here. Glad tou have found you all.

zobier

07 Sep 2010, 9:48 pm

Sydney represent.

Just found this site, looks like a great resource.

Aneres
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Sep 2010, 9:49 pm

Hello. I am from the U.S. but I have been in the Sydney area since this time last year. I go back to the U.S. in January and then will be working on everything that I need to do to make the move to Australia permanent.

I am really hoping to find some Aspie women in the Sydney area with whom I could occasionally get together. As much of a hermit homebody as I tend to be, the boyfriend just isn't enough socialization for me. NTs seem to require more work than I am able to manage. I don't always get to email right away or manage some other social etiquette that seems necessary for friendship in the 'real' world.

If anyone, female, would like to meet up sometime to chat over a beverage or meal or even go for a quiet stroll somewhere please let me know.

It has taken me a while to get up the courage to post this because of my horrible fear of rejection, but here it is at last.

thanks,

Serena

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2010, 12:36 am

Hey all, I'm a Melbournite, and a brand new member of the forum :)

jaycee
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Sep 2010, 11:28 am

Hey I am Josh, 20

I live near central coast, I have traits of AS but managing it pretty well. if there are meet up's or anything in sydney or whatever let us know I'm always happy to meet new people!

cheers!

Auriya

14 Sep 2010, 3:23 am

Aneres wrote:
Hello. I am from the U.S. but I have been in the Sydney area since this time last year. I go back to the U.S. in January and then will be working on everything that I need to do to make the move to Australia permanent.

I am really hoping to find some Aspie women in the Sydney area with whom I could occasionally get together. As much of a hermit homebody as I tend to be, the boyfriend just isn't enough socialization for me. NTs seem to require more work than I am able to manage. I don't always get to email right away or manage some other social etiquette that seems necessary for friendship in the 'real' world.

If anyone, female, would like to meet up sometime to chat over a beverage or meal or even go for a quiet stroll somewhere please let me know.

It has taken me a while to get up the courage to post this because of my horrible fear of rejection, but here it is at last.

thanks,

Serena

All my friends are Americans, welcome!

Aspiemum82
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2010, 10:48 pm

Hi, I am new here, from the Gold Coast. I have aspergers, along with my 5 year old son. Look forward to chatting with everyone :D

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 6:07 pm

Aspiemum82 wrote:
Hi, I am new here, from the Gold Coast. I have aspergers, along with my 5 year old son. Look forward to chatting with everyone :D

Ah, another one from the Gold Coast. :)

On sabbatical...

B
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2010, 1:16 am

:) I am from the ACT

MJM
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2010, 9:23 pm

My names matt and I am from qld