Page 137 of 794 [ 12696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 794  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2008, 4:50 pm

Sedaka wrote:

me looking crazy after studying all night

:lol:
You look great as always!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2008, 4:55 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
This a pic of me, I'm not ashamed of my red eyes.

So get used to it.

:P
You are very good-looking!

Amarikah
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2008, 7:26 pm

Amarikah wrote:

Hmm...I took that picture last year now. D: Anyone else have problems dragging themselves out in front of cameras? I do merely because I'm not the one holding the camera--I don't know exactly how it will turn out.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2008, 8:47 pm

Thank you Sedaka - Interesting!

TrubPotto
Raven
Raven

24 Mar 2008, 9:30 pm

I agree with LabPet - thanks for the info Sedaka. It's a very interesting theory, and sounds very plausible.

Amarikah - you look very pretty!

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2008, 9:55 pm

I suspect my photos may be indicative of what Sedaka is referring to - you may want to look especially at my eyes.

TrubPotto
Raven
Raven

24 Mar 2008, 10:01 pm

Thanks lab, I'll scope it out... I assume your pic is posted on this thread?

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2008, 10:07 pm

Yes, just a very few pgs back! There's a few posted.

TrubPotto
Raven
Raven

24 Mar 2008, 10:19 pm

Well, I don't see anything about your physical appearance that says "juvenile" or "paedomorphic" in anyway, but you ARE very pretty, LabPet.

Well, I figure it's about time I posted one, so here goes:

I'm the one with glasses holding the beer. I don't have to many pics of myself, unfortunately...

EDIT: Crap, I can't get it to work!

hitormist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Mar 2008, 3:11 pm

Apparently this is what I look like. I know it is me as not only did I take the picture and no-one else was around, but I can just make out my scar, and my ears are at different heights and sizes!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2008, 10:06 pm

You look great!

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

26 Mar 2008, 12:06 am

hitormist wrote:
Apparently this is what I look like. I know it is me as not only did I take the picture and no-one else was around, but I can just make out my scar, and my ears are at different heights and sizes!

My ears are at different heights too! Isn't buying sunglasses a pain?

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

26 Mar 2008, 12:19 am

Sedaka wrote:
LabPet wrote:
Hi Sedaka, lab 'stuff' is wickedly pricey! I was once told long ago (not kidding), "Don't break anything, it costs more than you're worth."
Did you know eBay sells used lab instruments, glassware, etc?

UbbyUbbyUbby: I am a scientist and firstly a chemist. This means I do have fun in the lab. Last week I did immunocytochemistry. This long word just means I cryogenically (in frozen temperatures, minus 17 degrees C) slice brain tissue, which has been previously harvested and preserved - like Egyptian mummies. Then I prepare these slices through processes including staining a nice shade of tan so I can see them! Otherwise, skinny slices of brain look like sea monkeys. I will analyze these through instrumentation to 'see' what chemical, from treatment, are 'absorbed.' Much like when you take medicine and a doctor needs to know what worsk, what doesn't. I'm not in the medical field at all - but analytical/research. I am in the neurosciences. I am firstly a photochemist. When sunlight (white) is bent there is a rainbow! I can manipulate various factors using light, which comes in packets called photons. I hope you like science too. I know you love dinosaurs!

im cloning a construct for a transgenic line to contribute to autism research.... namely my doctoral project. :) first the cloning... then the in situ... then the behavioral testing and more expression analysis :)

I love aspie girls...too bad there aren't more of us around. We're so...this is an understatement, but...smart. Most of the women I know couldn't even pronounce immunocytochemistry, much less spell it, or actually DO it.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

26 Mar 2008, 12:32 am

See my hands? I kind of freak out over certain things and obsess over touching them. The texture of this tree was amazing, and then it was rainbow colors too...I had a hard time walking away from that tree. Probably stood there for a good 10 minutes, tapping and feeling it, and kept walking back to it "one more time".

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 6:59 am

gypsyRN wrote:

See my hands? I kind of freak out over certain things and obsess over touching them. The texture of this tree was amazing, and then it was rainbow colors too...I had a hard time walking away from that tree. Probably stood there for a good 10 minutes, tapping and feeling it, and kept walking back to it "one more time".

You look great!

That is a cool-looking tree in that pic.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 7:24 am

Looking great, gypsyRN. 8)