Aussies Unite - A forum for any Aussie Aspies

Page 15 of 44 [ 703 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 44  Next

WhiteRaven_214
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Sep 2010, 6:13 am

Y'ello, I'm from Taree, NSW.

Anyone else around the North Coast?

And now time for some nostalgia:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn_CPrCS8gs[/youtube]

betamaxx
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2010, 7:57 am

nsw

Guji
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Sep 2010, 8:34 pm

Howdy, howdy! I'm from Perth!

Scrollin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2010, 8:51 am

Hey, my name's Jarod and I'm from lower QLD (Gold Coast).

Gromelous
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2010, 9:00 am

Living in Tassie now, but I've been all over the country. Finished school in Sydney.

zobier
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Oct 2010, 8:44 am

Any other aspies want to hang out in Sydney?

AussieAspie36
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Oct 2010, 8:08 pm

I am an adult in Brisbane, Australia and here is my blog also

http://garrysaspieblog.blogspot.com/

Facebook page also http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 6&ref=name

Cheers
Garry Burge

Natmega749
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Oct 2010, 12:43 pm

Felicity wrote:
I live in England, but I was born in Adelaide, Australia.

I'm an Adelaidian as well, how are you finding Blighty?

kiwifruit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Oct 2010, 11:11 pm

Hi peoples, I am a self DXed mature aged male aspie living in Perth WA. I am currently looking for any aspergers support groups here in Perth that cater for adults. I have been informed thats unless I am "officially diagnosed" ( at a substantial cost > $1000 AU ) I will not be eligible for any services and even if diagnosed there is little support available here for adults, plus I object to paying out good money to be officially told something I already know ! If anyone here is aware of groups where I can meet like minded people IRL I would really appreciate it. I enjoy chatting in WP with people on the same "wave length" as me so say hi to me if you see me in there, I do have a strange, quirky sense of humour hopefully I'm not alone here in that regard. Take care all.

RoddiesRuby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Oct 2010, 5:14 am

:D Hi, I don't have an ASD but I am SURROUNDED by those who do and this is very curious to me so I am here to learn more.
I have worked with young children with an ASD assisting with communication and social skills in a fun environment. I then married a man who was later diagnosed with Aspergers, ADHD and Dyslexia. We adopted a child who was later diagnosed with an array of ASD's and so the list goes on.
I have recently been asked to talk to a group of professionals about my thoughts, ideas and experiences working with, living with and communicating with people who in my words "Live on planet Autism" and I look forward to this as I hope to help non AS people communicate more effectively and understand people who are on the AS.
I am very glad to have found this site and to be given the opportunity to meet new people who might be able to teach me more about ASD and effective communication...after all, language is communication between two or more people!
I look forward to meeting you all.

Crazy_Ivan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Oct 2010, 10:47 am

I'm from Tasmania. Although I have also lived in Melbourne and Geelong but the city I have spent the most time in is Hobart.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2010, 11:32 pm

Hello all Im from Brisvegas and I would be interested in meeting up with everyone else in Brissy I can get other Aspies to meet up as well.

jfishgoddess
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Oct 2010, 5:48 am

I was only diagnosed a couple of weeks ago, but feeling liberated after all these years of wondering.... could use some advice if anyone has battled with their employer over discrimination over aspergers...

RoddiesRuby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Oct 2010, 2:33 pm

Hi and welcome. feel proud of yourself for seeking advice and being yourself. Can I ask if you are a man or a woman?
As far as your work is concerned, it's against the law to discriminate....can you offer more specific details about the way they are discriminating?
There are many organizations who will help you with advice.......
Kindest regards :)

Lel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Oct 2010, 7:33 pm

Hello people, I'm in Sydney. Nice to be here among you.
Tell me, those who know, the provenance of the Brisvegas label? Pardon my ignorance, but I like it, and I wonder where it came from.
Also, I'm interested to know if y'all have hypersensitivities in any particular areas, and what they are? I'm visually hypersensitive and can find a horizontal level the way some people have perfect pitch, and some other observational stuff.
I suppose I ask because of the identity adjustment that goes with a late Dx. Could it be true? Am I really different? Although it answers every question, I still need to check myself against others.
Anyway, hi!

Catraay76
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Oct 2010, 11:20 pm

Hello Every one i am one of those rare Female Aspies. I Live in the ACT and am new to the forums.