Page 15 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 360  Next

gavinelias
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2005, 11:32 pm

What is your first name? : C.S.

Hobbies and Interests: books, music, video games, collecting (broad category), lots of interests...

Why are you here?: previously diagnosed but suspected and treated bpd, ptsd, etc... to being treated for sensory integration issues and finding interesting traits shared amongst family members

Favorite subjects: English, Speech, History, Computer Science on a Tandy 186

Year/Grade: i did not attend my ten year reunion a few years ago

Favorite music: big 80's fan, industrial, female and indie artists, bluegrass, anything vinyl...

Books: Good Omens has been my favorite for several years, but i like most books. i read a lot.

TV shows/Movies: i watch ER out of habit... and when i'm not on my computer i'm usually watching something

Instrument: i played the trumpet quite badly in school

Do you like sports? not usually

Family: Mom, one half-brother and a niece with similar issues and traits as myself. my maternal grandmother and several cousins had/have issues as well. one mostly NT dad and another NT half-brother.

Clothing: still tactile defensive so mostly all well worn pajamas and tshirts at home; have a small ocd need for "sameness"; wear fully lined worsted wool suits at work; wear long sleeves if i will be around people

How did you find this website?: google

Job: technical support

Plans for the future:? Answer: What is the fastest way to make the Gods laugh?

Any comments?: this is my official de-lurking post

ISavant
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2005, 5:08 am

What is your first name? Kieran

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, music, movies, science, drinking

Why are you here? I have asperger's syndrome

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): About 6 years ago, aged 14

Favorite subjects: Science and Mathematics

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: Jazz, rock, post-rock, classical, electronic, trance, techno. Almost anything that sounds good and is reasonably complicated

Books: Zen And The Art of Motorcycle Maintainance, Short History of Nearly Everything, Brief History Of Time, Universe in a Nutshell

TV shows/Movies: 24, Lost, Donnie Darko, American History X

Instrument: N/A I'm musically challenged

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: N/A

Family: 2 Brothers and my mother

Clothing: I like to dress smart. Button-down shirts, clean jeans, nice jackets, that sort of thing.

How did you find this website? Found it on wikipedia, actually

Job: Currently a "student", but really I sit at home all day and do nothing when I should be studying

Plans for the future? Hoping to become a licensed Private Investigator

Any comments? Nope.

sparkman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2005, 1:52 am

What is your first name? Matthew

Hobbies and Interests: Computers

Why are you here? Diagnosed with Aspergers which I need to learn more about

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): 13th of May 2005

Favourite subjects: History, physical training

Year/Grade: I have completed school

Favourite music: I like most music except heavy rock and similar music

Books: I don’t read much

TV shows/Movies: World war two movies

Instrument: Don’t know how to play any Instruments

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Cricket but don’t play it anymore

Family: A mom and a dad and a 19 year old sister

Clothing: Casual and plain cloths (can’t stand clothing with brand names all over them)

How did you find this website? Did a search from google

Job: unemployed / student

Plans for the future? I want to become a computer technician

Any comments? No

mamatbird
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jun 2005, 1:38 pm

First name: Karen
Diagnostic, or why I'm here: My son Lucas, 15, was diagnosed with Aspergers (also ADHD & gifted) at the age of 5. I try really hard to understand his world, but of course I'm just a NT.
Thought maybe somebody(ies) out there might be willing to help!

earthmonkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jun 2005, 6:22 pm

What is your first name? Melody

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing, physics, insects, foreign languages, math, psychology, piano, etc.

Why are you here? I have Asperger's Syndrome

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): in the fourth grade

Favorite subjects: Piano and Geometry

Year/Grade: 10th grade next fall

Favorite music: Pink Floyd, Pat Benatar, Enya, Yes, Boston, Beatles, Genesis

Books: Flowers for Algernon, the Alchemist, Childhood's End, Dune, (insert a lot of books I like but don't remember reading), but mostly nonfiction

TV shows/Movies: Invader Zim, Frasier, Seinfeld, etc.

Instrument: I'm in Basic Piano Skills at my HS (Orange County High School of the Arts)

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I love to swim and run

Family: I have two parents, an artist sister, a brother I don't really know, and a sister who is my exact opposite in every way.

Clothing: Anything I'm comfortable in, but mostly long-sleeve black shirts and jeans.

How did you find this website? My therapist directed me.

Job: Don't have one yet.

Plans for the future? I want to be an author and a physicist.

rumio
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jun 2005, 4:06 pm

name: David

hobbies and interests: music (listening and playing), songwriting/recording, religion (Islam mostly), creative arts etc

why are you here?: following threads that led me here

when were you diagnosed?: not official, this is new to me but I'm pretty sure I have Asperger's

favourite subjects: see hobbies and interests but I have a degree in English literature if that's what you mean

favourite music: Islamic sufi music, turkish, arabic, persian, Van Morrison, Tim Buckley, Television/Tom Verlaine

books: last fiction I read was The Minotaur Takes a Cigarette Break - brilliant, must read for Aspies but can't remember the author, I lent my copy to someone - other than that non-fiction ( see hobbies and interests)

TV shows/ movies - TV sucks, favourite movies Apocalypse Now, Time of the Gypsies, Lord of the Rings, Mary Poppins

instrument: guitar, mandolin, saz, bodhran, cuatro

sports: don't play any

family: I'm the youngest of three brothers, mother still alive, father deceased

clothing: T-shirt and jeans

how did you find this website: researching Asperger's from a suggestion from someone I met on a workshop

job: I work in mental health and learning disability

plans for the future: save the world

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2005, 11:54 am

What is your first name? Colin

Hobbies and Interests: Anime, comedy, comedy hours, psychology, sociology, biology, creative writing, history, evolution, social adaptation, animals, architecture, engineering, technology, science, movies, music.

Why are you here? I'm pretty sure, based purely on reading the tendancies, that i'm an aspergers.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When i looked up eidetic memory, which i might have, a couple of nights ago and i found a good site explaining some theories on autism and other such disorders and became interested and read it.

Favorite subjects: Anything i can learn more about with my current opportunities.

Year/Grade: Umm... i think college, like 3rd semester thingy, i don't know what they're called.

Favorite music: I seem to enjoy everything except slow country and elevator music, and i CAN find those interesting if i try. Besides that, i favor music that is unique and interesting, and i always care about the sound of the music over the lyrics.

Books: My textbooks, anime, any fanfiction that happens to be found online.

TV shows/Movies: Lots.

Instrument: A golf club. Sand wedge.

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Anything with potential for horrible accidents. *wink*

Family: Dad. Has mild social problems which he doesnt take notice of, was same for mom. I got some grandparents, which are old and rigid, so i don't get along with them well, but officially everybody is happy and luvey duvey.

Clothing: I like shorts which go down below my knees. They're neat, and i prefer a shirt which is long enough in the back so that it well covers any possible showing of skin. Besides that, i dont care if theyre a tie dyed plaid hybrid, although i prefer less loud colors.

How did you find this website? Reading up on some other sites information on autism and i saw a cutely named site which really spoke to me: wrongplanet.net

Job: Extort money from parents ^_^. So far my business is booming.

Plans for the future? I want to be a teacher.

Any comments? The pen is blue. The pen is blue! The goddamn pen is blue!! !

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2005, 5:07 pm

Nomaken wrote:
Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Anything with potential for horrible accidents. *wink*

You'd like Indy racing, then...

Nomaken wrote:
Any comments? The pen is blue. The pen is blue! The goddamn pen is blue!! !

Or, as Cruella DeVil would say...

"Blast this pen! BLAST THIS WRETCHED WRETCHED PEN!! !"

Welcome to the site!

Archmage

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2005, 1:33 am

I was watching liar liar at the time i made my answers

Kaizen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jun 2005, 5:02 pm

What is your first name? Scott

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, art, mechanical watches

Why are you here? Hoping to find some practical advice on improving social skills

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): Self-diagnosed (AS) in 2004, previously diagnosed and treated for depression

Favourite subjects: Math and computers

Year/Grade: Not in school anymore

Favourite music: Eurodance, although I listen to almost anything (depends on the mood I am in, or want to be in)

Books: Mostly computer manuals lately. Philosophy, business, and science fiction for fun

TV shows/Movies: Futurama, Firefly, and most home renovation shows

Instrument: Learning acoustic guitar

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: No

Family: Not in contact with them

Clothing: Black cowboy boots, thick socks (I can't stand wearing thin dress socks), blue jeans, button-down shirt

How did you find this website? Link from aspergerinfo.com

Job: Computer programmer

Plans for the future? Anything more than just "exist"

Any comments? Not yet

Alli
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2005, 8:44 am

What is your first name? Alanna.

Hobbies and Interests: Literature, art history, reading, writing, animal rights. I am also painfully boring!

Why are you here? I love the idea of this site, and am really interested in reading the opinions and experiences of the other people here. Everyone seems so nice! :D

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): I have not been diagnosed, though feel quite strongly that I might have AS, as I find myself really relating to it.

Favourite subjects: English Lit., Art, and History.

Year/Grade: Year 11, by Australian years.

Favourite music: Almost anything mellow and acoustic. Especially Folk. I also enjoy traditional Irish/Celtic music.

Books: Practically anything that's a little different! Lately, I have been reading German (translated) literature. I am in to all kinds of books - I am quite obsessed with them!

TV shows/Movies: I don't really watch television much, but I do enjoy a lot of indie/arthouse films. The latest that I have enjoyed has been a really lovely New Zealand film, called <i>In My Father's Den.</i>

Instrument: None, I'm afraid! I would really like to learn one, though.

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I am quite terrible at sports.

Family: I live with my Mum, but do see my Dad quite regularly. Besides this, a twenty-two-year-old half-brother who I was 'brought up' with, and several other half-siblings who I have never actually met.

Clothing: I don't mind; anything at all. Well, within reason! Whatever is comfortable, I guess. Oh! But I do have this furry, scruffy grey jacket that, whenever the weather permits, I am bound to wear. It's not the most attractive item of clothing on earth, but I really like it. Anything casual. Um.

How did you find this website? I think it might have been through Google.

Job: None just yet, but if ever I were to get up enough confidence, I would very much like to teach.

Plans for the future? To go to London! Which is not a particularly solid plan, I don't suppose...

Any comments? This site is brilliance! :D Thanks so much to those who created it.

hell_grey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jun 2005, 9:14 pm

What is your first name? Amanda

Hobbies and Interests: internet, blogging, quake 2, starcraft, bad reality tv, working out, hiking, music, piano

Why are you here? I don't have Asperger's, I just want to learn more about it. I joined a NeuroDiversity group in livejournal and I think someone posted a link to this website from there. I used to be clincally depressed and obsessive compulsive. have been pretty stable recently though! :)

Favorite subjects: Math, but I'm not very good at it.

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: Manic Street Preachers, Bright Eyes, John Denver, James Taylor, Pink Floyd, the Doors, etc. I also like mindless hip-hop sometimes (but you didn't hear that from me).

Books: Stories from Rwanda, confessions of a mask by yukio mishima, the man who mistook his wife for a hat by oliver sacks

TV shows/Movies: I'm a sucker for Strip Search, Real World, the Inferno 2 and Family Guy

Instrument: piano and I used to be a percussionist in band ;)

Do you like sports? I used to play soccer but I hurt my knee. I like to watch football.

Family: I have one!

Clothing: I like to dress up to go out on the weekends, but I'm a total slob for school. School is for learning not for mating, I like to say :P

How did you find this website? linked from a Live Journal community I think

Job: I'm a receptionist at a law firm, but I used to work at Subway (worst job ever)

Plans for the future? I would like to be a pharmacist.

Any comments? I hope that my presence here as an NT is not unwanted. I just want to learn more about Asperger's in general. Also I noticed that I was perusing the forums for like an hour and really liked what everybody has to say! Nice sense of humor here. =)

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2005, 11:25 pm

hell_grey wrote:
I hope that my presence here as an NT is not unwanted. I just want to learn more about Asperger's in general. Also I noticed that I was perusing the forums for like an hour and really liked what everybody has to say! Nice sense of humor here. =)

There are a few people who might be hostile, but for the most part NT's are welcome and a lot of people here appreciate the chance to hear an NT point of view. Glad to have you, hope you stick around.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 2:35 am

pyraxis wrote:
hell_grey wrote:
I hope that my presence here as an NT is not unwanted. I just want to learn more about Asperger's in general. Also I noticed that I was perusing the forums for like an hour and really liked what everybody has to say! Nice sense of humor here. =)

There are a few people who might be hostile, but for the most part NT's are welcome and a lot of people here appreciate the chance to hear an NT point of view. Glad to have you, hope you stick around.

I agree totally...welcome hell grey!

Elfman's daily 'poor me' message, brought to you by "It's All About Me" free to air frequency.
Thankyou for you subscription!

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 3:12 pm

And about the sense of humor thing, well, we pretty much try to keep ourselves lighthearted here on the site. And welcome. I am Archmage, the Aspie/joker/mage/bard/druid/monk/rougue/barbarian/WP patron/whatever the H-E-doublehockeysticks i feel like being that day. And as you can see, i play D&D. But who cares? Welcome and have fun!

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

hell_grey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jun 2005, 7:26 pm

thanks for the warm welcome :lol: