How did you come up with your username?

Page 15 of 19 [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

TheSpawnofCaufield
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2006, 12:42 pm

My name came from my mother's maiden name (which she still has) her name is actually spelled caulfield but I typed it so fast I messed up!

So yea, I'm her kid, so I figured I'll be the spawn of caulfield!

Topher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2006, 12:47 pm

Mine simply came from the 2nd half of my real name :P my cousin used to call me it ebcause he could not say my full name :) bless

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 4:49 pm

Mine is Japanese for "little wave". It was what an acquaintance/friend started calling me when she was obsessed with anime and manga. The name just sort of stuck and now I use it for online forums.

However, my deviantART username has an interesting story behind it... if you translate it, it can either mean "star hobbit", "elf hobbit" or "the hobbit". (First is Quenya, then Sindarin, then Spanish.)

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2006, 3:06 am

Cool. 8)

I'm on two other forums, and use Japanese names on both, but decided not to this time.

My user name comes from Monty Python's Meaning of Life. In the first scene, "The miracle of birth" there are two lines.

One is "I see you have the machine that goes Ping."

Another is "Amplify the Ping Machine."

That's where it comes from.

:D :D :D

Reddleman
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Oct 2006, 2:23 pm

It's from Thomas Hardy's "Return of the Native." The Reddleman is this minor character who travels about marking sheep with red dye for identification purposes. Since he constantly deals with the dye, however, his face is permanently red and he cannot attract a wife. He pops in and out of the story, saving people with his weird skills.

Thomas Hardy's my favorite writer, and the Reddleman seems like a good symbol for AS.

SlimShady
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Oct 2006, 2:44 pm

I came up with mine because I am slim.

Dewclaw
Raven
Raven

30 Oct 2006, 4:18 pm

I went with Dewclaw because it was origional and had something to do with dogs.

Main
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Oct 2006, 10:42 pm

World of Warcraft's release. I was creating a character, and clicked a few times through the random name generator. It came up with "Main", I liked it, and it has been my identity on the Internet ever since.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2006, 1:58 am

Scintillate...

A combination of thinking the word is cool, and thinking I'll look cool for using a big one.

Hans_Solo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Nov 2006, 6:31 pm

Hans = (part of) my real name
Solo = autistic

... and Star Wars is an obsession of mine. So...
Simple, really.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 7:18 pm

Flagg is Stephen King's second greatest villain. His greatest villain The Crimson King is my avatar.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 7:21 pm

Hans_Solo wrote:
Star Wars is an obsession of mine.

Star Wars is a minor obsession of mine. I know one aspie who won't talk unless it's about Star Wars. Or X-Men. Or Prince of Persia, which he's never even played. And another who prefers to talk about Star Wars over anything else. Except birds. I prefer to talk about Sephiroth, Garlic, or vampires. But that doesn't mean I'm incapable of talking about other things. Flagg brought back my obsession with Stephen King when he joined WP.

Garlic pwns.

fernando
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 7:31 pm

Flagg wrote:
Flagg is Stephen King's second greatest villain. His greatest villain The Crimson King is my avatar.

Hey that's Randall Flagg from The Stand!! I hadn't recognized it. That book was sooooo big I never could finish it, I read the ending and took a one year break... I'll finish it next year. I like how he has other names but they all start with R and F.

Garlic pwns.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 7:33 pm

Not all of Flagg's names start with R or F. Infact (SPOILERS)his real name is Walter O' Dim (END OF SPOILERS)

Hans_Solo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Nov 2006, 8:13 pm

One-Winged-Angel wrote:
Hans_Solo wrote:

Star Wars is a minor obsession of mine. I know one aspie who won't talk unless it's about Star Wars. Or X-Men. Or Prince of Persia, which he's never even played. And another who prefers to talk about Star Wars over anything else. Except birds. I prefer to talk about Sephiroth, Garlic, or vampires. But that doesn't mean I'm incapable of talking about other things. Flagg brought back my obsession with Stephen King when he joined WP.

Garlic pwns.

Info overload.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 9:44 pm

Hans_Solo wrote:
One-Winged-Angel wrote:
Hans_Solo wrote:

Garlic pwns.

Info overload.

That was a little bit too much.

Garlic pwns.