Page 142 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 360  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 5:09 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2010, 11:22 am

What is your first name? Lola

Hobbies and Interests: Child Developement, UFOs.

Why are you here? To learn more about myself and others on the autism spectrum.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was seventeen.

Favorite subjects: In school? Astronomy.

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: The Who, Smashing Pumpkins, Dead Can Dance, Siouxsie and the Banshees, REM, Concrete Blonde, Talking Heads, L7 and the Pixies.

Books: Thinking In Pictures by Temple Grandin; Nobody Nowhere by Donna Williams; Exiting Nirvana and The Siege by Clara Claiborne Park; Bloom County; Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs; Asparagus Dreams by Jessica Peers; and the What to Expect series. I also enjoy children's books, such as those by Judy Bloom and the Wizard of Oz series, as well as some manga.

TV shows/Movies: The Simpsons, UFO Hunters, The X Files, My So-Called Life, Antiques Road Show, King of the Hill, Roseanne, and Sailor Moon.

Instrument: Bass guitar.

Do you like sports? Nope.

Family: I live at home?

Clothing: Flannel, sweaters, and jeans.

How did you find this website? Just happened to come across it.

Job: In the process. Hope to find a job waitressing or in child care. Waitressing may not sound like the most ideal job for a person with Asperger's, but if I know what's expected of me, generally, I feel that this social challenge could help me learn how to better approach people and make small talk.

Plans for the future? Find a job. Move out within the next two years. Hopefully find some friends along the way.

Any comments? I'm good.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 1:23 pm

Welcome to WP!

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 1:22 am

What is your first name? brandon

Hobbies and Interests: video games, gun enthusiest,

Why are you here? not sure yet

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): tbd

Favorite subjects: ww2 era, roman, greek, and pre-rennisance history

Year/Grade:n/a

Favorite music: speed metal, blues

Books: brave new world, 120 days of sodom

TV shows/Movies: sons of anarchy, shield, archer, sparticus blood and sand, band of brothers,any adult swim./ pride and glory, the usual suspects, 300, saving private ryan,

Instrument: n/a

Do you like sports? yes and no

Family: clueless

Clothing: currently wearing some

How did you find this website? aspie quiz

Job: applications engineer

Plans for the future? wake up, goto work, come home, goto sleep......wash rinse repeat

Any comments? growing up i always thought that i was normal and everyone else was insane

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 1:03 pm

Welcome to WP!

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 8:32 pm

What is your first name? I'll keep happymusic online, Happy's fine. I like the anonymity.

Hobbies and Interests: painting, violin, martial arts

Why are you here? Learning about AS

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2006 for ADHD, OCD, dissociative states. I haven't been diagnosed with AS, but I have an appointment for June (!) to go be evaluated for it. I don't know what will come of it, so I'm just learning all I can right now. The symptom list seems to be like my personality profile - especially the sensory dysfunction something something (can't remember what it's called). Anyway, we'll see. I'd just like to know why I can't handle people, have no friends, can't handle touch, and what's up with my unending stream of obsessions. I'm tired. And in my mind I feel so much older than 35... I need June to come quick!

Favorite subjects: numbers, fashion, make-up, meditation, it just depends...

Year/Grade: almost finished graduate school...ugh. Had 12 credits left...

Favorite music: I like lots of kinds, but Mozart and Clementi are a couple of my favorites - everything's so clean, I like that. I like things I can dance to.

Books: I like art history books and books about graphic design. I like how-to books. I don't enjoy fiction because I have a hard time getting through it. I really like audio books.

TV shows/Movies: lost is fun - oh and big love is like a light and I am like a bug.

Instrument: violin, piano

Do you like sports? Not my thing usually. I like physical activity, in fact, I bounce off the walls, but I don't usually enjoy team sports. I don't get it - except for soccer - I like soccer because you can run and run and run. I like to watch horse racing because it's quick and exciting and the jockeys are sooo little! I like that. I always studied dance - ballet. We weren't allowed to play sports because we couldn't get bruises.

Family: Big, many layers of divorce, (my parents' divorce was good - they would have killed each other). My family's rambunctious, dramatic, and pretty involved with one another. I am very close to my grandmother. My brother is impossible. My sister is like me yet so different. I like hanging out with my elders. They go my speed socially.

Clothing: I love fashion. I didn't use to, I thought it was kind of shallow, but then I studied the history of fashion in graduate school and actually got to work with museum pieces. Fashion is a powerful force with many lessons about people and the role they play in society. Utterly fascinating.

How did you find this website? Googling something about not liking to be touched, I think.

Job: ugh, it's a good job, people go to grad school to do it, but I don't even want to say it because I don't want to be associated with it. I don't like it. I hope I've only got to do it for a few more months....C'mon pink slip!!

Plans for the future? Hopefully looking for a new job this summer! Ok, really though. Figure out if I'm an Aspie, if there's a way to deal with ADHD that doesn't scare me - a lot of the medications really freak me out. I'm afraid of potential side effects. And I'd like to help others somehow. I don't know how yet.

Any comments? Even if no one reads this, this was fun. Thanks for posting this. :)

PJRomulan
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2010, 12:48 am

I don't remember if I already done this, but I'm doing it anyway

What is your first name? Pete

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Music, Xbox, human interaction

Why are you here? Aspergers

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 5 didn't find out until I was 16

Favorite music: Music

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? I did mention hockey

Family: I have my parents, me the middle kid, my older brother David 28, my younger brother Jacob 21 going on 22, and I have an Older sister Nikki who is 30.

How did you find this website? Not sure. I guess I was trying to find a site where I can associate with like minded people.

Job: unemployed, in college

Plans for the future? Become an artist, and some day explore the world (except places where conflict ensues)

Any comments? I love being here and I think that the more people visit this site the better it will be for the AS community. When I tell people that I have Aspergers people tell that I don't look like I have any problems. That is a hard thing to think about. I don't feel like what I have is a disadvantage, but its hard to convince people that Aspergers is not a disability.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 10:28 am

Hello, everyone! :D
I'm not sure what to do and I think it's the best place to introduce :)

What is your first name? Katarina

Location: Danzig, Poland (Polish: Gdańsk). It's not in Russia.

Hobbies and Interests: industrie, music, sounds, drawing, writing, pharmacy, politik, totalit-art

Why are you here? You think just like me, don't you?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2006, earlier things like ADHD, OCD and others... AS is not popular in PL, especially not children, I was born too early to be treated in Aspie-way

Favorite subjects: School? Do I understand correctly? If so: Math, Art, WOS (it's sth like politik & economy & citizen education), languages

Favorite music: goth-darkwave-industrie... and other, I listen to what I want

Books: 1984

TV shows/Movies: Metropolis, Das Boot

Instrument: Synthesizer

Do you like sports? ofc :D swimming, skating, badminton...

Clothing: dressed in black again

How did you find this website? from Polish Aspies forum

Plans for the future? Socialize :D

Any comments? Forgive my mistakes, English is not my native language :twisted:
Many Aspies love to learn hardcore languages, so if sb learns Polish, I can help :D
I know Polish, English and German and want more :D I love dictionaries :D

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 1:23 pm

I always see this thing popping up and I realize that I haven't done this before. So here we go...
What is your first name? MathGirl

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, public speaking, studying, math, biology, autism & neurotypicality

Why are you here? I was flying through cyberspace, and my spaceship crashed into the wrong planet. So now I'm stuck here. :x

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Two months ago that I know of, I'm starting so suspect I've had a diagnosis before that but I don't feel like bringing up the subject with my parents just yet. Whenever they mention Asperger's, I just try to act as though I'm not listening.

Favorite subjects: Math, English, French, Chinese

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: See my last.fm profile here: http://www.last.fm/user/T3hC3r3alKillah

Books: A Tale of Two Cities by C. Dickens, A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess, Far, Far Away from Anywhere Else by Ursula K. LeGuin, Animal Farm by George Orwell, To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Lord Of The Flies by William Golding, Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery, Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, Alice In Wonderland by L. Carroll, This Is Your Brain on Music by Daniel J. Levitin, The Mismeasure of Man by Stephen Jay Gould, A Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome by Tony Attwood. I also like to read manga, and read all the mangas that they have at my school library when I was in grade 9.

TV shows/Movies: The Twilight Zone is the best TV show I've ever watched. I used to like reality shows, like Survivor and The Apprentice. I also used to watch American/Canadian Idol and America's/Canada's Next Top Model. I used to watch a lot of anime, both on TV and on the computer - my favourites are Air, Ghost in the Shell, Serial Experiments Lain, Inuyasha (especially the first 2 movies), Texhnolyze, and some other ones I can't recall at the moment.

Instrument: Piano, played some guitar as a kid

Do you like sports? I occasionally like playing soccer and hockey, and they're fun to watch, as well. I also like cross country running, figure skating, and swimming.

Family: Just my parents, and uncle back in Russia, the rest of the family is somewhere there as well but we don't communicate with them

Clothing: Usually a black t-shirt and pants

How did you find this website? Through another forum.

Job: I volunteer at an autism centre.

Plans for the future? University.

Any comments? I like pi-e.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Last edited by MathGirl on 21 Feb 2010, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 1:25 pm

Valoyossa wrote:
Location: Danzig, Poland (Polish: Gdańsk). It's not in Russia.

It's not far away from it though.

I've been to Gdańsk and really quite liked it. In fact it was probably my most favourite city out of the ones I saw in Poland.

andywarhol
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2010, 4:46 pm

What is your first name? Alison

Hobbies and Interests: running, asperger's and autism (that is literally my wierd obsession :D ), choir (when I'm at home), school right now, christianity

Why are you here? on the spectrum

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): aspergers, age 11, so about 2001

Favorite subjects: english, writing but I'm majoring in OT

Year/Grade: junior in college

Favorite music: let me look at my i-tunes: moody blues, the beatles, fleetwood mac, the doors, jefferson airplane, jethro tull, lady gaga, antonin dvorak, paul simon, classical videogame music, ...

Books: the little prince. the kindly ones (the sandman); just about any graphic novel by neil gaiman. frankenstein, flowers for algernon

TV shows/Movies: mozart and the whale (movie), community (tv show), the office (tv), the triplets of bellville (movie), sailor moon (movies and show)

Instrument: voice?

Do you like sports? individual sports like track (long distance: 5k, 10k), cross country

Family: mom, dad, sister, cat

Clothing: cute, girly, favorite place to shop is forever 21

How did you find this website? don't remember; it was a long time ago. maybe google.

Job: student

Plans for the future? occupational therapist. don't know whether I'll stay in San Jose or go back home (oceanside). keep running with a track or x-country club of some sort

Any comments? personal message me if you want to know more or share something in common. I'd be glad to talk.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 5:14 pm

Welcome to WP!

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 6:04 pm

MathGirl wrote:

Any comments? I like pi-e.

LOL!! !! I like that!! !!

Whitey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2010, 6:07 pm

What is your first name? Lauren

Hobbies and Interests: So much I couldn't tell you. :)

Why are you here? I was interested in getting with a group with conditions like me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Nearly 3 years ago, I think

Favorite subjects: Science and history

Year/Grade: I'm in grade 10

Favorite music: Usually alternative rock and pop

Books: Lots

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch much, but of what I do watch I don't have a preference

Instrument: I don't play music, but I know a bit of piano

Do you like sports? Sometimes

Family: I have a 13 year old brother, a 6 month old sister, my parents are divorced, I have lots of reletives

Clothing: Just casual, I'm not obsessed with clothes at all

How did you find this website? I was web surfing

Job: I'm a student and I don't have any job

Plans for the future? Unsure

Any comments? Not really.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 6:12 pm

Welcome to WP!

Whitey