Page 17 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 360  Next

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2005, 9:03 am

Gale wrote:
What is your first name? Liz

Thats funny, Gale, and you live in hurricane center Florida....

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2005, 4:43 pm

SOK wrote:
Favorite Books: Harry Potter, Alex Rider, Artemis Foul and The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy

TV shows/Movies: Star Wars, The Simpsons

Those are all my favorites!(If you don't count the Simpsons)

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2005, 4:17 pm

What is your first name? Alan

Hobbies and Interests: computer games, Sons of Earth, films, funny TV, Ashlea Perryman (not nessessarily in that order)

Why are you here? I have AS

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When i was about 10

Favorite subjects: Drama

Year/Grade: Just finished Year 11, starting college in September

Favorite music: Mainly rock, but bits of pretty much evrything else as well

Books: Star Wars - New Jedi Order series (varius authors), Star Wars - Labyrinth of Evil (James Luceno), Harry Potter - Order of the Pheenix (JK Rowling), Alex Rider books (Antony Horowitz), Hitchikers Gide to the Galaxy (but not so much the sequels)(Douglas Adams), Sons of Earth series (my own)

TV shows/Movies: TV shows - Frends, Stargate, 24 Films - Star Wars saga, Independance Day, Terminator films

Instrument: Im lerning the gitar

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I play football sumtimes

Family: A mum and a dad. I have a 13 year old sister that isn't autistic or Asperger's.

Clothing: Mostly casual. I don't bother tryin to keep up with fashions or anything, dont reelly see the point. I have a few faverit T-shirts, a few faverit jackets, a faverit pair of trackie pants and the rest of my wardrobe that i hardly ever touch.

How did you find this website? Chris (BlackLiger) introduced me to it

Job: Paper round

Plans for the future? Im currently riting a book series called Sons of Earth, which i hope will make it big. If not, then theres allways my acting, wich i love, and i mite possibly go into music.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

Geoffrey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2005, 11:33 pm

What is your first name? Geoffrey

Hobbies and Interests: Television, reading, genealogy

Why are you here? I have Asperger's Syndrome

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2004

Favorite subjects: History and Classical Studies

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: Brian Eno

Books: History books, especially to do with early Britain.

TV shows/Movies: Six Foot Under; Carnivale; Millennium

Instrument: None unfortunately

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I do not like sports

Family: I have a very supportive partner of 9 years but we do not live together because of my Asperger's.

Clothing: I dress for comfort, not for speed.

How did you find this website? Searching on the internet.

Job: Research Librarian.

Plans for the future? I would love to have enough money to retire early.

Any comments? My 8 year old nephew has Asperger's Syndrome too.

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2005, 12:49 am

First Name: Hebrew for princess, I don't want to get into danger.

Age, 13

Location, Sydney, Australia

Hobbies and interests: Listening to any music I can get my hands on, journalling, poetry, eating copious amouts of sugar, History.

Why am I here? I felt pretty alone, I had massive teacher issues (still ongoing), I'm very bruised, I didn't know any other Aspies in the world, and I had been toying with the idea of joining an online community for months. So, Wrong Planet looked pretty good, so, here I am. Happy?

When were you diagnosed; I was dx end of 2004, I'd been through a rough year, some symptoms were emerging, and the pieces fit for my mother. So, off we went to the psychiatrist, and mum's prediction was correct.

Favourite subjects, Music, English, History, Religious Studies...heaps.

Year/Grade, Australian Curriculum Year 8.

Favourite music; Everything outside of Rap/Mainstream stuff, I ADORE Bjork, Reggae, UB40, Cheesy music, but I also adore Lamb, Enya... everything!

Books, I'm an auditary learner, I prefer listening to music, that's my escape route.

TV shows, Movies, Whale Rider, 10 things I hate about you, Chocolat, Amelie, and hate to admit it, but Titanic. :oops:

Instrument, I sing.

Do you like sports? Nup, Not now, not ever. Hate 'em

Family, 2 younger Bro's Mum and Dad.

Clothing, Tracksuit pants, longsleeved t-shirt, various beanies.

How did I get here, Google search, aided by book, Freaks, Geeks and Aspergers Syndrome.

Job, I'm not old enough.

Plans for the future, I wanna go backpacking round the world, then to teach, and to give support and TLC to kids like me, whilst teaching English.

Henry David Thoureau, 1854

Last edited by Soma on 21 Oct 2005, 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

lchadd_uk
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jun 2005, 3:49 am

What is your first name? Lucie

Hobbies and Interests: Internet, boys, music, dancing and most girly crap!

Why are you here? I have Aspergers

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): no idea

Favorite subjects: Music and ICT

Year/Grade: Year 10, just about to go into year 11 (YAY!!)

Favorite music: Anything but I really love Will Young!!

Books: Magazines

TV shows/Movies: Extreme makeover home edition and Who's line is it anyway USA

Instrument: Piano, Violin, Electric and acoustic guitar and clarinet

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Rollerskating, Rounders and basketball

Family: Mum, step dad (real dad is dead), little brother and sister

Clothing: All kinds! I like anything that looks nice on me!

How did you find this website? Ex bf Blackliger gave me the link

Job: Still at school! Doing work experience soon!

Plans for the future? To do well in life

Any comments? Better not incase I say something random!

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2005, 5:20 am

Soma wrote:
Location, Sydney, Australia

Cool! My mum an dad got married in Sydney, neer the Opra House.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

racemare
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jun 2005, 3:18 pm

What is your first name? I think I'll stick with racemare for now. :wink:

Hobbies and Interests: Horses (horseback riding and Thoroughbred horse racing), animals (wildlife & cats/dogs), Native Americans history, mythology, atheism, reading fiction books, reading magazines, playing video games (mostly role-playing types), surfing the internet, collecting Breyer Horses.

Why are you here? I have figured out that I have Asperger's Syndrome and I would like to talk with other people on the spectrum.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not officially diagnosed (yet). Still trying to decide whether to get a formal diagnosis or not.

Favorite subjects: Philosophy, Animal Sciences, Anthropology.

Year/Grade: I am finished with formal education. I dropped out of high school after 10th grade but then I got my GED. I went on to college and majored in Philosophy but never graduated. Also tried majoring in Animal Sciences and Anthropology. I never really handled school very well, although I really enjoy learning.

Favorite music: Alternative rock, '70's & '80's music, heavy metal/hard rock.

Books: Anything written by Piers Anthony or Stephen King. I also love the Harry Potter series. Mostly I prefer fantasy science fiction or historical fiction about Native Americans.

TV shows/Movies: Current favorite TV shows: Lost, Desperate Housewives, King of Queens, Alias, The Simpsons, The Amazing Race. A sampling of my all-time favorite movies: The Neverending Story, The Dark Crystal, The Journey of Natty Gann, Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken, The Black Stallion, Pete's Dragon. Best recent movies include: Hotel Rwanda, Cast Away, Adaptation. I haven't seen very many movies this past decade due to my busy work schedule.

Instrument: I used to play the coronet when I was a kid. I also dabbled in the piano and the violin.

Do you like sports? Thoroughbred Horse Racing. I also enjoy watching the Olympics.

Family: An NT significant other (soon to be husband if we ever get the time) and his son (age 19), a Mom and step-dad, a Dad and his boyfriend, one brother (age 27), various cousins and three Grandparents. Many family members on my Dad's side exhibit definite signs of being on the spectrum somewhere, but no one but me seems to be aware of this. I also consider my 2 dogs, 10 cats and 50+ horses to be family as well! :)

Clothing: Comfortable clothes only -- especially jeans and t-shirts.

How did you find this website? From a forum at Aspie Hangout or AS and their Partners -- I can't remember which.

Job: Self-employed as a horse breeder.

Plans for the future? Some time off!

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2005, 4:25 pm

Welcome :D

What part of Indiana are you from? I'm in Fort Wayne.

racemare
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jun 2005, 7:46 pm

Hi fellow Hoosier!

I'm currently living about 20 minutes west of Bloomington in Spencer, Indiana. I was born and raised in Indianapolis though. And actually I've been living in Lexington, Kentucky for the past 12 years and just moved to this place in Spencer in April.

How long have you been in Fort Wayne?

--racemare

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jul 2005, 1:28 am

What is your first name? Aaron

Hobbies and Interests: Geography, traveling, writing, watching football

Why are you here? I have AS

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 4

Favorite subjects: History and American Literature

Year/Grade: 2nd year sophmore

Favorite music: Any type of pop music that is not rap. Will also listen to adult contemporary

Books: I don't have a favorite book, but my favorite short stories are The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by James Thurber and Billy Budd by Herman Mellville

TV shows/Movies: Malcom in The Middle, NFL, Travel Channel

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: football

Family: a mom, dad, stepmom, and stepdad. I have a 18 year old brother, 15 year old sister, and a 9 month old stepsister. All are NT

Clothing: Mostly casual. T Shirts and sweaters are my favorite, but I don't mind having to wear shirts that I have to tuck in.

How did you find this website? By accident

Job: Part time delivery driver at Dominos. I am also searching for various freelance writing opprotunities during the summer

Plans for the future? I want to be a travel writer

Any comments? I have found a website where I hope people can relate to my situatuion and I can relate to them.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 2:49 am

Name: Pandora for now

Family: Mum, stepdad (dad died many years ago), 5 younger brothers and 1 younger sister, 2 daughters

Reason on board: diagnosed with AS (2003) and Dysthymia (persistent low mood (2004)

Interests: too many to count but they include 1970's and 1980's music, rock, disco & dance music (but not so keen on a lot of recent stuff), stamp & coin collecting, gemstones, gardening, reading, writing stuff, travelling (but mainly just get to travel to and from work in the local bus), history, politics, art, computers (still a lot to learn)...

Who got me onto this forum: indirectly it was a dear friend I have from my local Autism support group who has his own website. It includes links to Wrong Planet and other AS websites and I found this one through looking around on Wrong Planet.

Sports: don't like playing and never did. I suppose table tennis and volleyball are the ones I find a bit better than any others. I like watching cricket on the TV and occasionally the footy.

I've probably forgotten a couple of things but this is a start anyway.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

SOK
Raven
Raven

02 Jul 2005, 3:52 am

Archmage wrote:
SOK wrote:
Favorite Books: Harry Potter, Alex Rider, Artemis Foul and The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy

Thats a coincidence, do you think it has anything to do with asperger's syndrome?

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 4:55 am

Oh, 1 other sport. Im not sure if it actaully counts as a sport, but i play laser quest quite often. Well, at leest, i used to. Havent for a few months.

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 10:49 am

SOK wrote:
Archmage wrote:
SOK wrote:

Thats a coincidence, do you think it has anything to do with asperger's syndrome?

I can't say for sure, but i think us aspies are drawn to sci-fi and magic fantasy books... I don't mean all of us, just a good majority, since we are all unique...

Anyways, I have all three Artemis Fowl books, all six Harry Potter books (well, not #6, but i've preordered it), and i've read the first two of the Alex Rider Adventures (and from what i can tell, MI6 is a lot cooler than our bunch of squabbling delegates in our CIA). As for Star Wars, I've seen all six, although i've forgotten the Trilogy. I have Episode I and II, and recently saw Episode III at the Malco down the street. Just FYI.

Archmage

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 2:33 pm

Archmage wrote:
I can't say for sure, but i think us aspies are drawn to sci-fi and magic fantasy books...

I think you mite be rite about that. Ive allways been into scifi and i quite like a lot of fantasy things as well.