Page 198 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201 ... 360  Next

HybridAP
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2011, 5:12 pm

What is your first name? Bryan

Hobbies and Interests:

I love stories of any form--books, movies, TV, or games. As long as it is good I will probably enjoy it in one way or another (emphasis on the good), but I do enjoy stories with some sort of sci-fi or fantasy element with deeply built characters more. I also greatly enjoy just learning about the world around me. I like many of the shows on the History channel, Discovery, or National Geographic. Though of course I do still like to watch cartoons as long as they are good. :P And I also enjoy playing games on PS3 and PC. I enjoy playing World of Warcraft, although not nearly as often as I used to. And of course I love to write and make stories of my own.

Why are you here?

I tend to not be very good at meeting new people, and many of the people around work and so on aren't very much like me. So I figured, what they hey, I'll out here.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

I honestly have no idea. I was told about it when I was around 13 or 14 if I remember, but it was never really explained to me. Most of what I know about it has been from my own research in only recent years.

Favorite subjects:

Anything that has to do with science or nature or history. I can't stand anything related to businesses and so on--it just seems so boring and pointless to me.

Year/Grade:

Favorite music:

Rock mostly, but I have very flexible taste. It's hard for me to listen to rap or pop or anything with repetitive electronic clicks. It drives me insane.

Books:

Anything by Stephen King, and of course Harry Potter. Plus a lot of other things not as generalized.

TV shows/Movies:

Favorite TV is by far Avatar: The Last Airbender. I know almost everything about it, and after several years I am still not bored of it. For movies I love anything made by Pixar. They are like my idol and I learn a lot by watching the special features.

Instrument:

I would like to learn to play either guitar or piano one day, but it would probably be a long time.

Do you like sports?

Not particularly a fan. They really just bore me. Although I do enjoy billiards.

Family:

Live with my mom, cause I'm not going to move out without a full time job and ruin all my free time struggling to make it on my own. And my dad recently died so...uh...yea.

Clothing:

Anything simple and lose. Anything overly complicated or tight just feels cumbersome.

How did you find this website?

Wikipedia! lol

Job:

Plans for the future?

I want to be an author one day, and already have the first book of a very in depth five part series already written. It's just hard to find somebody these days without having published before. I honestly can't see myself doing anything else. Writing and creating stories is what I truly love, and I would never feel right if I did anything else.

Any comments?

I have a hard time approaching somebody I don't know, even online. That doesn't help when trying to make friends. I probably just post around here and there before awkwardly messaging someone.

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Aug 2011, 5:37 pm

What is your first name? Leslie

Hobbies and Interests: Internet, reading, a little philosophy, meteorology, religion, and ANYTHING harry potter.

Why are you here? I think I have aspergers

When were you diagnosed?unduagnosed as of now

Favorite subjects: philosophy and lit

Year/Grade: college graduate.

Favorite music: anything that sounds good, but I do like most rock.

Books: harry potter, the compound, the hunger games trilogy, lamb: the gospel according to biff, christ's childhood pal, and the giver

TV shows/Movies: 2 and a half men, seinfeld, american idol.

Instrument: none, played the sax as a kid

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I like to watch football, don't play any sports, though

Family: mom and dad.

Clothing: casual

How did you find this website? google search

Job: unemployed and on disability for bipolar.

Plans for the future? I have no plans.

Any comments? Nope.

URtheALIEN
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2011, 7:36 am

What is your first name? Rich

Hobbies and Interests: RPGs, Science, History, Military, Politics (More like a curse then a joy), Genetics

Why are you here? Looking for people that are a LITTLE bit like me, maybe

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 1 year ago for Aspergers/HFA, a few weeks for OCD, ADHD, Depression/Anxiety (Go Acronyms!! !)

Favorite subjects: History, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Philosophy

Year/Grade: Almost BA

Favorite music: Hmmm...wide ranging, mostly metal, punk, techno and classical

Books: Currently Tad Williams "Shadowplay", generally, Fantasy, Space Opera, Hard Sci-Fi, History, RPG, Diseases, Genetics.....

TV shows/Movies: Becker (I AM John Becker), Biggest Loser, Myth Busters, Lord of the Rings

Instrument: Ahhh.... is there a complete lack of skill instrument?

Do you like sports? I like to wrestle and I used to run before destroying my knee sprinting. I knew I was better at long distance than sprints....

Family: Wife (Shadow maybe) Catherine, Son Jadon (Epilepsy and ADHD, maybe ASD), Son Joseph (Autism), Daughter Elizabeth (Autism)

Clothing: Do I have to? Comfortable, t-shirt/shorts

How did you find this website? Various books recommended it. I wanted to say "I typed it into my browser" or "I didn't think it was lost".....

Job: No... I used to though

Plans for the future? Get help for various acronyms that are plaguing in me right now.

Any comments? Hi, I'm weird, but I bet you are to.

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Aug 2011, 12:09 am

What is your first name? Ashleigh (when I can finally spell it right)

Hobbies and Interests: Knitting chainmail, naalbinding, Ancient Egypt

Why are you here? Er, to meet others, I suppose.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Psychosis, late 2009. Being tested for Asperger's in two weeks.

Favorite subjects: Genetics, biology.

Year/Grade: First year uni student, for the second time. This time I'm studying a Bachelor of Forensic Science.

Favorite music: AFI, Blaqk Audio, Disturbed, Within Temptation, Nightwish.

Books: Watership Down by Richard Adams, On the Edge: My Story by Richard Hammond.

TV shows/Movies: Criminal Minds! Also Big Bang Theory, Mythbusters, The Zoo.

Instrument: None, sadly. Though I did play flute in grade 5.

Do you like sports? Eh, not really.

Family: That I live with? My mum and our two cats. Other than that, I'm in contact with my dad and lone sibling, my brother, and my single living grandparent.

Clothing: Black. I like black.

How did you find this website? Through Wikipedia's entry on Asperger's.

Job: Console operator at a petrol station.

Plans for the future? Get a job in the forensic science industry.

Any comments? Woop woop!

DarylZ
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Aug 2011, 1:17 am

What is your first name? Jonathan

Hobbies and Interests: Tennis, listening to music, movies

Why are you here? Always interested in seeing other people's experiences and for some insight,,,

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Never diagnosed. Always knew I was different and had heard stories from my mother about odd behavior as an infant and discovered more about autism when my son was diagnosed. I don't know if I am asperger's or just a lot of autistic traits. Many sensitivities to smells, tastes, touches and textures. Stunted social and emotional development. But I never appeared as disabled and was able to adapt to situations and do well in school settings and to some small extent with people.

Favorite subjects: n/a

Year/Grade: n/a

Favorite music: mostly like new independent rock/pop

Books: sci-fi, thrillers, nonfiction and biographies

TV shows/Movies: The Wire, Dexter, Deadwood, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Veronica Mars,

Instrument: I played guitar and bass in garage bands many years ago

Do you like sports? I love sports and played baseball and football as a kid, basketball until my knees couldn't take it and now tennis

Family: married with a son (hearing impaired and autistic) and a very social daughter

Clothing: I have to wear business clothes at times but as soon as I can switch to jeans and t-shirts

How did you find this website? google

Job: lawyer in the area of elder law litigation work

Plans for the future? I just want to enjoy things and appreciate life while I am still alive and things are still relatively good

Any comments? I was a pysch major in college -- social pyschology -- so I am very interested in human behavior. One thing I think about myself is that I am still figuring out how to adapt to the world and I am still getting better at it but still don't have a clue in many social areas. Even though I can be very intuitive about observing others, I almost am incapable of seeing or understanding myself from a social point of view. Very weird.

tobymack
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Aug 2011, 7:51 am

What is your first name?Tony

Hobbies and Interests:Computing, Internet, Doctor Who, Reading, Drama and Wine

Why are you here?My son has Aspergers and I think I do too

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):I haven't been yet

Favorite subjects:Maths and history

Year/Grade:

Favorite music:Rock

Books:A song of Fire and Ice, Jack Reacher, anything episodic

TV shows/Movies:Doctor Who, CSI and many, many others

Instrument:

Do you like sports?Yes, but only as a spectator

Family:Wife and 2 sons

Clothing:Jeans and T-Shirt

How did you find this website?Wikipedia

Job: Practice manager in an opticians

Plans for the future?Help my youngest to avoid the problems I encountered

Any comments?It feels good to be here

mellowmike
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

What is your first name? Mike

Hobbies and Interests: Hiking, being outdoors, maps and cartography, reading

Why are you here? I want to connect with others who have Aspergers

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Officially last year, but I've suspected I've had AS for 10 years or so

Favorite subjects: GIS related courses, current events

Year/Grade: Starting grad school

Favorite music: Roots music, bluegrass, 1970s folk rock, some jazz and classical

Books: Non-fiction (environmental and current events especially, some realistic fiction, humor (especially David Sedaris)

TV shows/Movies: Corner Gas, The Simpsons; Bass Ackwards, Garden State

Instrument:

Do you like sports?

Family: They live far from me but I have a large family, espcially on my mother's side

Clothing: Casual and comfortable

How did you find this website? on a list of Aspergers related sites

Job: Currently I deliver flowers

Plans for the future? I'm starting a Masters program in Geospatial Information Sciences this week, I hope to become a GIS Analyst, espcially in a conservation related field

Any comments?

bekah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Aug 2011, 10:18 am

What is your first name? Bekah

Hobbies and Interests: cinema, DOCTOR WHO!!, photography

Why are you here? meet people

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): in primary school around age 10 with Autism. diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder 2 months ago.

Favorite subjects: health anything about doctor who

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: snow patrol, runrig, lifehouse, the script, some film soundtracks.

Books: doctor who

TV shows/Movies: DOCTOR WHO, scrubs, family guy, american dad, keeping up appearances, inbetweeners, gavin and stacy, dads army, my family, everybody loves raymond, friends, big bang theory, how i met your mother, fawlty towers, fresh prince of bel air, outnumbered, waterloo road,

Instrument: guitar

Do you like sports? sort of

Family: mum sister and brother

Clothing: casual

How did you find this website? google

Job: not right now. need more support

Plans for the future? not really sure yet

Any comments? :)

SakiHeart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2011, 8:50 pm

What is your first name? << Saki :) It's not my real name, but I go by Saki so much it might as well be.

Hobbies and Interests: I write novels, compose music on the piano, and I love language. My interests include cartoons and anime, baby names, music, reading and writing, and language.

Why are you here? << I thought it would be good for me to talk to people who are like me :)

When were you diagnosed? << I'm diagnosed with Aspergers and Bipolar Disorder. I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder when I was eight, but wasn't diagnosed with Aspergers until age 17.

Favorite subjects: German, Creative Writing, Ancient History, and Debate

Year/Grade: I'm a graduated high school senior

Favorite music: I love world music, particularly Celtic / Irish, African, and Japanese music. I hate hard rock, rap, and anything involving screaming.

Books: I love way too many books to list here. My favorite genre is fantasy, though I love almost any fiction. I read middle grade books (the age genre just below YA) because that's what I write, and also because I love it :D

TV shows/Movies: My favorite movie of all time is Avatar (the one with the blue people). My favorite TV shows (I love cartoons) are: Yu-Gi-Oh (only the original series, not GX or 5Ds), Invader Zim, Sonic X, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Astro Boy, Spongebob Squarepants, Danny Phantom, American Dragon: Jake Long, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (all the series), Avatar: The Last Airbender, Ben 10, D.N. Angel, Teen Titans and Fruits Basket :D

Instrument: I play piano, flute, and tinwhistle, though I'm most commonly found on the piano.

Do you like sports? << Only golf. Sports aren't my strong point.

Family: My mom, my step-dad, one brother, four step-brothers, four step-sisters, two half sisters, two half brothers, my dad, and my step mom. I'm the oldest of 14 siblings :D I have three cats named Mufasa (my baby), Kiah, and Deon. Mufasa is a little special needs, so he still acts like a kitten :D

Clothing: Comfortable and cute :)

How did you find this website? << My counselor suggested it

Job: I don't have a job yet, but I hope to be a published fantasy author and a composer on the side

Plans for the future? << I'm going to college where I'll major in Humanities and minor in German.

Any comments? << It'll be fun to get to know everyone! :D

~ Legend of the Legendary Heroes

supguysfriedchicken
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2011, 1:31 am

What is your first name? Jesse

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, NASCAR, NFL, computers

Why are you here? To find people who have the same problems in day-to-day life as myself.

Favorite subjects: Math & History

Year/Grade: Graduated HS in 2004, got my AA in 2007, and my bachelor's degree in 2010.

Favorite music: Classic Rock

Books: 1984 & The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

TV shows/Movies: 24, Days of Thunder,

Instrument: I played the violin a couple of times...

Do you like sports? Auto racing is one of the three true sports, along with mountain climbing and bullfighting. The rest are just games.

Family: I have a sister who's married, a niece, a nephew, and I live with my parents still.

Clothing: I live in gym shorts and hats. I kind of feel like I don't have part of me if I'm not wearing a hat.

How did you find this website? My mom told me about it after I flipped out one night after work about a mean customer.

Job: Slave (aka a cashier) at Wal-Mart

Plans for the future? I want to do something business-related that has a lot of numbers involved. Maybe learn how to flirt with girls.

Any comments? I wish KFC was still open. It's 2:30 AM. :(

Shantih
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2011, 5:14 pm

What is your first name?

Arthur

15 (March 9. 1996 - Pisces :D)

United Kingdom

Hobbies and Interests:

Linguistics, Foreign Languages, Philology, Religion, Philosophy, Occultism, Kabbalah, Art (appreciation + formation)

Why are you here?

I want people to talk to (even if just though the internet).

At the age of 9 (AS). Age of 14 depression.

Favorite subjects:

German, French, Chinese, Maths, Philosophy.

Year/Grade:

Year 11.

Favorite music:

Rock, Techno, Trance, Dance, DnB, Country.

Books:

Aleister Crowley's Equinox.

TV shows/Movies:

The Omen.

Instrument:

Guitar.

Do you like sports?

Yes - Football (soccer) + Baseball.

Family:

Older sister, younger sister, older brother, none of whom suffer with AS.

Clothing:

Polo t-shirts, jeans.

How did you find this website?

Through another related website.

Job:

Student.

Plans for the future?

Would like to leave school as soon as possible and live a self-sufficient life.

Any comments?

None.

Stargazer2893
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2011, 6:34 pm

What is your first name? Jenell

Hobbies and Interests: Writing fiction, dance

Why are you here? MUCH better that INTP central!

Favorite subjects: Biology & Physics

Year/Grade: HS 1999, BA 2011.

Favorite music: Dance/pop

Books: The Dark Tower Series

TV shows/Movies: American Dad, Moon

Instrument: I wish

Do you like sports? No.

Family: Single mom, younger sister, hubby.

Clothing: Jeans and Maxi dresses.

How did you find this website? Googled something about myself, lol ("why do I hate people", or something).

Job: Student/house wife

Plans for the future? Currently studying for my first Actuarial exam.

Any comments? nope

Paganpothead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Aug 2011, 9:35 pm

What is your first name?
alex

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, video games,

Why are you here?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Yes

Favorite subjects: Art, History, biology, chemistry.

Year/Grade: First year, at a junior college.

Favorite music: Coheed and cambria

Books: Dexter, count of monte cristo

TV shows/Movies: ichi the killer, old boy, tokyo gore police, donie darko, the list can on longer. :)

Instrument: saxophone, guitar, and bass :D

Do you like sports? no just no

Family:

Clothing: I like tight pants, they are just so comfortable for me now..

How did you find this website? I have no idea

Job: dish washer (D:)

Plans for the future? moving out to cali. :D

Any comments?
nope.

Phendraana
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Aug 2011, 1:43 am

What is your first name? Kristin (AKA Kris, Krissy, Kiki, Lydia, or Pissy Krissy, depending on who you talk to)

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, Android modding, reading, writing, animals, space, science, physics, opera, arts & crafts, interwebbing

Why are you here? I just stumbled onto this site & I had no idea that forums for aspies even existed. Needless to say, I'm jazzed :]

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2nd grade

Favorite subjects: Not in school, but I always loved science & English

Year/Grade: n/a

Favorite music: Tool, NIN, Nightwish, techno, electronica, classical, opera

Books: The Inheritance series, The God Delusion, Harry Potter, & way too many more to list here

TV shows/Movies: Curiosity, Through the Wormhole, Futurama, American Dad, Family Guy, King of the Hill, The Critic, The Simpsons, Bridezillas(shutup, its funny!), Hoarders, My Strange Addiction

Instrument: None, sadly. My dad makes violins though :)

Do you like sports? Ew, no. Maybe gymnastics & ice skating, but sports bore me to tears normally.

Family: Both parents, 2 sisters, one brother

Clothing: Casual goth. Usually black t-shirts w/jeans

How did you find this website? From some other site

Job: Computer/game system/cell phone repair tech (aka all-purpose nerd). I love it other than the times when my boss is being an imperial douchelord, and I'm really good at it. I shock my coworkers with how well I can take apart & put together laptops :3

Plans for the future? Immortality, space travel, and owning a Delorean someday

Any comments? Quzybuk

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2011, 11:37 pm

What is your first name? Juliane

Hobbies and Interests: I like crochet and writing, but I can also draw and sing

Why are you here? Curiosity

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not yet...

Favorite subjects: SCIENCE!! !! !! !! !

Year/Grade: college?

Favorite music: any

Books: harry potter

TV shows/Movies: CSI, Law and order, Discovery channel

Instrument: Want to play piano

Do you like sports? EWWWW!! ! :-P so booooring!

Family: A large one

Clothing: Usually One peice loose dresses that i wear for up to 5 days in a row!

How did you find this website? ....... the internet?

Job: self-employed/unemployed

Plans for the future? Writing about science and crocheting!

Any comments? ummm... I like raccoons?

Opeth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2011, 5:29 am

What is your first name? Daniel

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Hiking, Animals, Outdoors, Reading, Record Collecting and Opeth

Why are you here? To escape? No, to meet new people?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): In the process of being diagnosed, another sess on Friday.

Favorite subjects: English & Classical Studies

Year/Grade: Year 13

Favorite music: Progressive Metal, Folk, Jazz, Death Metal & Progressive Rock

Books: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Animal Farm, Harry Potter, Ishmael and the Millennium series

TV shows/Movies: Adventure Time, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Elfen Lied and Sheep in the Big City

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? Meh.

Family: Dad, Step Sister, Step Brother, Cat

Clothing: Band shirts, Tie-dye shirts/shorts, Camo Shorts, Lame Joke Shirts

How did you find this website? Yahoo! Answers

Job: Unemployed

Plans for the future? Survive for 7 more weeks.

Any comments? Uhh.. I'm not righteous. I'm wrongteous! ...Stupidteous.