South America (includes the Falkland Islands) 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
South America (includes the Falkland Islands) 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Northern Europe/Scandinavia (includes Iceland and Greenland) 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
Northern Europe/Scandinavia (includes Iceland and Greenland) 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
UK and mainland Europe (includes Russia) 13%  13%  [ 29 ]
UK and mainland Europe (includes Russia) 13%  13%  [ 29 ]
Middle-East (includes India) 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Middle-East (includes India) 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Africa (includes anywhere on the African land mass and Madagascar) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Africa (includes anywhere on the African land mass and Madagascar) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
North Aisa (mainland including Japan) 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
North Aisa (mainland including Japan) 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
South Aisa (anywhere off the mainland) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
South Aisa (anywhere off the mainland) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Australia, New Zealand, and anywhere on the South Pacific Ocean) 4%  4%  [ 9 ]
Australia, New Zealand, and anywhere on the South Pacific Ocean) 4%  4%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 220

Acidforblood
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Jul 2006, 11:42 pm

I live in a town called Markham which is located in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) about an hour away from the big city by car. The town is full of preppy rich kids (me not preppy) and major Technology companies like IBM, ATI....apparently its the high tech capital of Canada. Anyways...I don't live in a big house or with my family. I'm on my own in my affordable subsidized apartment.

The winters here can be either mild to very cold and stormy. The summers are usually very muggy, cus of the smog over the city, but are at its worst in July and August. Today they said it felt like 40 degrees celcius with the humidity.

dancinglight
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jul 2006, 6:54 am

It sounds that we Scandinavians form a tiny minority on this channel. Currently I am living in Jyväskylä which is a mid-sized techie town being surrounded by lakes in the Central-Finland. Since returnd back hom from Los Angeles next week, packing continues and I will prepare for moving to Helsinki with the new job and new tricks.

haggismonger
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jul 2006, 5:19 pm

whitefish, Montana

muchacha
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jul 2006, 1:41 pm

Melbourne, Australia. Melbourne is the second largest city in Australia, with a population of 3 million people although it's geographically the same size as London or Los Angeles. I live in a northern suburb of the city called Pascoe Vale. It's not a particularly distictive part of town except for the fact that a) it's very close to Melbourne airport and being under the flight path DOES take a bit of getting used to, and b) the streets around here are so steep that you practically have to abseil them.

itfits
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2006, 11:47 pm

I do not live in any one place I have a house in Memphis and I stay in a company apt. in Ft. Worth. I have been in this arrangement for 15 months traveling back and forth. I am moving again soon this time to Nashville this will be my new home at least for awhile (I'm getting rid of the house in Memphis)

a1kemi
Raven
Raven

24 Jul 2006, 7:34 pm

A small city in NSW, Australia with a shrinking water supply.
It's damp and overcast at the moment but not quite raining. It'll be that way for months. Much better than the hot summers though.

Frosch
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Aug 2006, 7:36 am

I live in Budakeszi, a small town right next to Budapest. In Hungary. It used to be a cmfortable place until they built a factory, office complexes, car houses and two gas stations in place of the fruit gardens.

crdtad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Aug 2006, 8:02 pm

We live in Melbourne, Australia, too....a 'burb on the beach called Parkdale. My husband is from here; I'm from Missouri in the USA. Long story there. Today is overcast but Tuesday was sunny and warm. You remember the sunny and warm winter days as they are so few.

crdtad

Tina_Watercrest
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Aug 2006, 1:21 pm

Physically, I live in Toronto, Ontario (now anyway...) Psychicly (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong...) I'm somewhere around Neptune, heading towards the Delta Quadrant.

nspektor13
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Aug 2006, 7:36 pm

I'm floundering near the beach in Carlsbad, California (North County, San Diego). The weather is warm in the afternoon and cooler in the early mornings and late nights. I'm still living with my parents, but hopefully that will change soon. The Forums seem to go through cycles, of people keeping interest for a few days, then disappearing for a few days, but that is probably how we roll. 8)

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2006, 8:38 pm

- Emerson

kulethecat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2006, 1:05 pm

For tlhe first three years of my life I was either living in California or in Nigeria located in West Africa. My parents were missionaries for five years. When looking at the pictures we have I really wish I could remeber that time in my life. Especially since we made a trip to Egypt. I wasn't able to go into one of the Great Pyramids, but I did go into King Tut's tomb. It would be nice to have a freshly picked or dropped mango again though.

When my mother got culture shock we had to come back to the States. Since my parents wanted me to grow up close to one set of grandparents we settled in Michigan. Sometimes I miss being up there, although I'm not sure I want to go back to 9 months of winter.

Currently I am living in North Georgia near the Rome area. My parents and I have been here for about 8 to 9 years now. I do enjoy the sunshine and warmer weather. When it comes to humidity I could easily do without it.

summer
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Aug 2006, 5:56 pm

Poughkeepsie, New York USA

animeboy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2006, 6:53 pm

I live in the most boring place on earth, NW Montana, where everybody is a redneck

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 7:04 pm

lae wrote:
Tim_Tex, is that near Spring Branch? I lived there awhile when I was young, many years ago.

No, it's toward Pasadena and Baytown, east of Houston.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2006, 7:14 pm

I live in a very peaceful village right nextdoor to a forest in Surrey, United Kingdom.