Page 232 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 360  Next

JaneEnchanted
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Oct 2012, 10:03 pm

What is your first name?
[redacted] (In all seriousness I am named after a Spanish soap opera)
Physically I am 19, but I feel so much older.
Hobbies and Interests:
Ever since I was little I always had a thirst for learning. I love school as well the scent of books. My most favorite topic is astronomy.
Why are you here?
If only philosophy could answer that. I'm content of my existence.
Favorite music:
I appreciate all genres (with the exception of metal or any screaming or screeching singing). I have a soft spot for classical music, new age, as well as dark wave.
Books:
I read mainly for informative purposes.
TV shows/Movies:
I don't watch much aside from the news channels (six in all if I may add), HGTV, Food Network, and sometimes History.
Instrument:
I'm learning to play on a keyboard. If I get through with that I'll learn to play the violin. I played flute when I was little, but I've forgotten in my current age.
Do you like sports?
Yes. I don't follow any particular team, but I do watch hockey. I play tennis, volleyball, and sometimes basketball.
Family:
I love them very much.
Clothing:
I'm not the most fashionable girl, but that's alright. I dress mainly casual. Think of L from Death Note.
Job:
Odd jobs and starving.
Plans for the future?
I can barely figure what I'm going to eat for breakfast.
Any comments?
Dragons are awesome.

nanuk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2012, 2:16 pm

What is your first name? Nanuk

Hobbies and Interests: photography, painting, philosophy, psychology

Why are you here? to learn about aspergers and talk to people who have it

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): i wasnt

Favorite subjects: psychology and philosophy

Year/Grade: finished school

Favorite music: folk, happy, indie, calm, acoustic

Books: non fiction psychology or philosophy books... carl jung and related things... stuff about conciousness

TV shows/Movies: dont watch tv ever but like criminal minds. movies- almost famous, the waking life, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

Instrument: tried to learn guitar but no patience... drums a little

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: hate them

Family: 2 sisters, parents, a lot of cousins.. a nice family

Clothing: in the summer-whatever.. more fashionable yet comfortable in the winter- leggings, sweaters...softness

How did you find this website? researching aspergers

Job: just got unfairly fired

Plans for the future? travel... maybe teach english somewhere

Any comments? im newhere so thought id do this!

Saishoku
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Oct 2012, 7:55 am

What is your first name? Veronika!

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, photography and animals :)

Why are you here? Why not?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects: Not in school

Year/Grade: See answer above

Favorite music: It varies, I'm in a soft pop phase (Regina Spektor, Tori Amos, Death Cab for Cutie and so on)

Books: Little Brother, Ready Player One and a Norwegian book called Hestenes Klan (no English title yet, pretty much something along the lines of "Clan of the Horses".

TV shows/Movies: Too much to list :) I like comedies, drama and "mystery" (that includes cop shows and medical) :)

Instrument: Guitar I guess. But mostly Guitar Hero :)

Do you like sports? No

Family: Parents and brother + 2 sisters

Clothing: Casual and comfy

How did you find this website? I heard someone mention it in a youtube video

Job: None

Plans for the future? Who knows...

Any comments? Not that I can think of :D

ComradeKael
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Oct 2012, 8:50 pm

What is your first name? Chris

Hobbies and Interests: Music, video Games, reading, writing poetry, psychology

Why are you here? Because there are no Asperger's support groups in my area and I'd very much like to interact with others who have Autism or AS.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was 14 or 15 I believe.

Favorite subjects: Literature, philosophy, psychology

Year/Grade: I graduated.

Favorite music: Joy Division, The Smiths, David Bowie, Nirvana, Kraftwerk, Leonard Cohen, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Bahaus, New Order, Interpol, Happy Mondays, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice In Chains, Radiohead, Sonic Youth, The Pixies, Echo & The Bunnymen, Nouvelle Vague, The Cure, Ride, The Chameleons, They Might Be Giants, Tears For Fears, Klaus Nomi, Metric, Mazzy Star, Jesus And Mary Chain, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, KMFDM, Pet Shop Boys, Nine Inch Nails, PIL, My Bloody Valentine, John Lennon, The Clash, Pink Floyd, Syd Barret, King Crimson, Yes, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner, The Protomen, Tool, Post-Punk, Shoe gazing, New Wave, Classical

Books: Childe Harold's Pilgrimage Don Juan, Paradise Lost, Farewell To Arms, Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, Sartre, Kant, Hegel, Marx, Sherlock Holmes, Lovecraft, Poe, I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, A Scanner Darkly, Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?, Scott Pilgrim VS The Universe, Julius Caesar, Shakespeare, anything by Lord George Gordon Byron.

TV shows/Movies: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Blade Runner, Persona, Wild Strawberries, Barry Lyndon, Scott Pilgrim, A Clockwork Orange, Paths Of Glory, Annie Hall, Taxi Driver, (500) Days Of Summer, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, American Beauty, Waltz With Bashir, Control, Howl's Moving Castle, Ben X (2007 movie. Not the television show), Spirited Away, The Graduate, Fight Club, Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland, Cowboy Bebop, Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, Char's Counter Attack, Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Berserk, Ingmar Bergman, Stanley Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock, David Lynch, Woody Allen.

Instrument: I will have a Bass Guitar soon.

Do you like sports? No.

Family: This does not matter.

Clothing: WWII US Army M1943 Field Jacket, jeans pants (I always wear these), various T-shirts of my favorite bands.

How did you find this website? Google.

Job: I am a nothing at all, just a poor poet.

Plans for the future? Maybe I can have my poetry published?

Any comments? No.

ruru
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Oct 2012, 8:29 am

What is your first name? Secret. Sorry, I just don't feel comfortable to use it in networld.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading + writing, playing piano (sometimes), listening to music (and overanalyze it, sometimes), watching tv, drawing, culture of the countries, and (obviously) autism. Obviously. Also interested in psychology theory, especially personality theory.

Why are you here? To make friends. To know more about autistic society.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): The diagnosis came when I was 2/3 years old, but my mother suspected that I have autism when I was one and a half years.

Favorite subjects: English. And music.

Year/Grade: 3rd Senior High School (on my country, this is the last grade before you go to college.)

Favorite music: This is....kind of random. I love, love, classical music, my favorite pieces are Canon In D, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Mozart's, Bach's, and Beethoven's. For contemporer music, I truly love indie musics, especially folk. Some of my favorites: Arcade Fire, Mumford and Sons, Fleet Foxes, Regina Spektor, Laura Marling, Marina and The Diamonds, Lana Del Rey, Danger Mouse. Also, The Beatles.

Books: A Little Princess, Secret Garden, Little Women, A Song of Ice and Fire, My Sister's Keeper, Percy Jackson, The Kite Runner, Maya Angelou's.

TV shows/Movies: Breaking Bad, Community, Dexter, Six Feet Under, Fringe, Mad Men, Homeland, Game of Thrones, Friday Night Lights, 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fate/series (Fate/Stay Night + Fate/Zero.) (tbh, I have too many to-watch-series on my list, and I'm not big at movies, but I love Disney's movie, usually.)

Instrument: Piano.

Do you like sports? Only swimming.

Family: 1 younger sister (14 y.o.), mother and fother. We're pretty close, I believe.

Clothing: Nothing very special. Just ordinary, casual.

How did you find this website? From googling about autism.

Job: Still student.

Plans for the future? I want to be a writer, tbh. Maybe writing script for tv show/movies. I also want to write my own novel. And it's kind of embrassing, but on the long term, I truly want to have someone I love and I can have my own family. Yeah, cliche, but that's true for me.

Any comments? Nope, not yet.

BigBirdBrad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2012, 6:15 pm

What is your first name? Brad

Hobbies and Interests: Cars, getting to know other people that have some form of autism. Volunteering

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was 5 years old when I was diagnosed

Favorite subjects: Math

Year/Grade: Junior year in high school

Favorite artist: Muse

Books: Anything by R.L. Stine

TV shows/Movies: Spongebob, Ice road truckers, man vs wild
Do you like sports? Not really

Family: 1 Brother In the Navy, my mom and dad

Clothing: I don't like baggy clothes, so i almost always wear jeans with a belt, and some sort of tee shirt

How did you find this website? wikipedia.

Xenophilia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2012, 10:51 pm

What is your first name? Caitlin. There are so many variations used, it almost takes me a second to remember. I'm even called things like "Catherine" and "Catreen" on a daily basis.

Age: 22. Turned so, yesterday. I need to sweep off the cobwebs, and start living one of these days.

Location: Louisville, Kentucky ... I would not recommend being from here.

Hobbies and Interests: music, films, photography, writing, language, culture, nature

Why are you here? To be among my people. :wink:

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I've only been to 3 sessions, but my psychiatrist told me she thinks I "might" have aspergers. This is nothing I don't already know. I have all of the symptoms.

Favorite subjects: Anything creative. We are all artists after all.

Favorite music: Radiohead (& all side projects), Björk, Grizzly Bear, Joanna Newsom, Meredith Monk, PJ Harvey, Perfume Genius, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Low, A Silver Mt. Zion, Sibylle Baier, R. Stevie Moore, St. Vincent, Simon & Garfunkel, The Knife, Blue Foundation, Caribou, Agnes Obel, Melanie, iamamiwhoami, Krzysztof Penderecki, Sigur Rós, etc.

Books: 1984, Helter Skelter, Animal Farm. (I don't read very much. I enjoy good books, but can't justify the time it takes to finish a single piece of art. But, just like everyone else, I feel a little ashamed.)

TV shows/Movies: Buffalo '66, The Nightmare Before Christmas, A Clockwork Orange, The Blair Witch Project, Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills, This Is Spinal Tap, The Addams Family, Magnolia, Harold and Maude, Gummo I think TV is too s**t to always tag along with movies, but here are some that I enjoy: Summer Heights High, This American Life, Home Movies, Siskel & Ebert, The Ricky Gervais Show, The Office (UK), Stella, Impractical Jokers, The Simpsons, 3rd Rock from the Sun

Instrument: I wish I could. Kindergarten level piano and guitar is all I can do currently.

Do you like sports? Do I like boredom?

Family: My mom.

Clothing: I'm a casual dresser. I guess I dress hipster-ish, but not enough to blend in with the hipsters.

How did you find this website? Google search, I believe.

Job: Unemployed. Thanks a ton for pointing it out. :D

Plans for the future? Buy a proper camera for to turn these mounds of pages into something worth watching. And, get a cat.

nigdy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Oct 2012, 7:49 pm

What is your first name? Agata. Looks plain but appears to be extremely hard to pronounce. I've heard many versions during the years.

Location: Currently? Poznań, Poland. But I move a lot just to be sure my adjustment disorder is well fed.

Hobbies and Interests: Theatre and theatrical arts, fine arts in general: painting, sculpture, collage, installation etc. , you name it, I absorb / do it! A huge obsession.
Apart from that - literature [as in reading constantly] and journalism [as in writing all the time]. Music, modern jazz mostly.
Psychotherapy [techniques, the process itself] , psychology.

Why are you here? To explore the Planet and see if I belong here.

When were you diagnosed?( Hope to get tested soon.

Favorite subjects: .. To rant about...? All listed in the "Hobbies & Interests" section.

Favorite music: Avishai Cohen, Esbjörn Svensson Trio, Leszek Mo¿d¿er,Zbigniew Preisner, The Cinematic Orchestra, Jan Garbarek, David S. Ware, Björk, Archive, Nina Simone, John Zorn.. and many more, I fail at remembering names/ titles when not holding the actual book in my hand/ listening to the music now discussed etc.

Books: .. Seriously? I developed a reading habit early on and am addicted to reading apart from the fact that I simply have to go through tons of books for my university course. To list them all would be impossible.

TV shows/Movies: I only ever remember ones I saw recently. Another Earth, The Royal Tenenbaums, Adam's Apples, Temple Grandin, Harry Brown, Never Let Me Go, Child of Rage - Documentary.

Instrument: Guitar, basic level.

Do you like sports? If running around the stage during theatre rehearsals counts - yes I do. If running up and down the stairs to get out of the building and smoke a cigarette counts also, oh, I'm an athlete!

Family: Parents, grandparents, cousins and other people I hardly ever meet.

Clothing: Elegantly casual usually, classic, or masculine-inspired. Depends on the mood.

How did you find this website? Google search.

Job: More like involved in a theatrical project than hired actually, but it's still something.

Plans for the future? 1) To get a degree [finally]. 2) To get a daily newspaper reporting job. 3)To attend more acting classes. 4)To stop moving places.

almazack
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Oct 2012, 3:59 pm

What is your first name? Alma

Hobbies and Interests: music, gardening, art and design, drawing and painting, psychology, science, anthropology, history, the internet, language, writing, wildlife, walking, swimming, shopping, fashion, dressing up, dancing, yoga, my cat.

Why are you here? To find and communicate with anyone similar to me, and find out more about autism

When were you diagnosed? Not diagnosed yet :-(

Favorite subjects: many and varied, at school I enjoyed everything, except PE!

Favorite music: electronica, classic rock, 80s and 90s pop, jazz.

Books: whatever I am obsessed about in a particular year, as I have recently discovered I may have autism, I'm currently reading Temple Grandin.

TV shows/Movies: documentaries, soap operas (they teach me a lot!), don't watch many films.

Instrument: keyboards (organs, synths, piano, melodica, etc etc)

Do you like sports? Absolutely not at all!

Family: many and varied. Currently living with my husband and cat.

Clothing: many and varied, depends on my mood/weight, the season/weather, etc.

How did you find this website? It was listed in the back of the book 'Pretending to be Normal' By Liane Holliday Willey

Job: Administrator of some sort

Plans for the future? would like to study another degree one day.. if I can ever afford it. Finding my vocation (whatever that is)

AProudHillbilly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Oct 2012, 4:09 pm

What is your first name? Brandi, but I go by "Hill" online which is short for "hillbilly"

Hobbies and Interests: hunting, fishing, archery, sewing, knitting, crochet, music, ASL, gaming

Why are you here? To find and communicate with anyone similar to me, and find out more about aspergers

When were you diagnosed? Not diagnosed yet

Favorite subjects: Chemistry

Favorite music: 90s alternative, Christian

Books: varied

TV shows/Movies: comedies and dramas, some thrillers

Instrument: keyboard, guitar, violin, banjo

Do you like sports? Soccer, hockey, and curling.

Family: three siblings (2 bros, 1 sis all older), husband, one son

Clothing: changes with weather and mood, currently I'm in an army fatigue phase.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: homeschoolers of sorts

Plans for the future? Self-sufficiency. A lofty goal.

I accept PMs from females only. Sorry. Personal convictions.

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 11:25 pm

What is your first name? I've always wanted to be named "Vinny".

Hobbies and Interests: Reading (especially sci fi and more philosophical novels), philosophy, history, reading maps, long walks

Why are you here? I like how other Aspies think

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): With PDD in 1993, and AS in 1997.

Favorite subjects: History and Geography]

Year/Grade: College graduate

Favorite music: Classical and jazz

Books: See hobbies and interests

TV shows/Movies: Other than CNN or the BBC, I don't watch TV

Instrument: Ewe.

Do you like sports? Squash

Family: The best mommy in the universe, along with a brother and sister who are twins

Clothing: J Crew advertisement

How did you find this website? Tragically, I first heard about this website after some killer said he posted his intentions on here. Needless to say, I was hooked.

Job: Marketing for a higher education services company.

Plans for the future? Become an urban planner. I like cities and places, and feel the need to build consensus among a community.

Any comments

revolutionrocknroll
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2012, 11:00 pm

What is your first name? Meghan

Hobbies and Interests: Dogs, Dog Behavior, Operant Conditioning, Guitarring, Music Theory, Painting, Nordic Skiing, Rabbits, Betta Fish, Animals, Music

Why are you here? That's a big question...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Last year- 18

Favorite subjects: Animal Welfare, Dog Training and Behavior, Music Theory

Year/Grade: Sophomore in college

Favorite music: Green Day, Beatles, Clash, Wombats, Kinks, Libertines, Dirty Pretty Things, Tat, Broadway Calls, Sum 41, Social Distortion, Gaslight Anthem, New Politics, Airborne Toxic Event, Less Than Jake, Weezer, Simple Plan, Adicts, Futureheads, Violent Femmes, Ramones, AWOLNATION, Buzzcocks, Modest Mouse, Killers, Matt Costa, Vines, Dropkick Murphys, Dented Personality
Basically- Alternative Rock, Punk Rock, Pop Punk

Books: The Temeraire Series- Naomi Novik, Scott Pilgrim Series- Bryan Lee O'Malley, "Firebringer"- David Clement-Davies, Harry Potter Series- JK Rowling, "Animals Make us Human"- Temple Grandin

TV shows/Movies: The Office, Modern Family, The Middle, Malcolm in the Middle, Arrested Development, Adventure Time, Phineas and Ferb, It's Me or the Dog, Avatar: The Last Airbender
Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Little Miss Sunshine, Wayne's World 1 and 2, The Lion King, Bandslam, How to Train your Dragon, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, The Land Before Time, This is Spinal Tap

Instrument: GUITAR!

Do you like sports? Ehhh... running (well, that's a love/hate type thing), dog sports like agility and lure coursing.

Family: Mother, Father, 2 younger sisters, my doggy Mia, and my bunny Sophie, and my 4 bettas.

Clothing: Skinny jeans and t-shirts mostly. I don't really have any sense of style, so I keep it simple.

How did you find this website? Googling "Asperger's Syndrome"

Job: Part time Kennel/Yard assistant at a doggy daycare, guitarist in a punky, poppy alt rock band.

Plans for the future? I'm going to be a rockstar and I'm going to have a rescue/sanctuary for dogs, rabbits, betta fish/goldfish/koi, horses, and other barnyard animals. Also, I might be a dog trainer.

AyporosFM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Nov 2012, 10:59 am

What is your first name? Frank

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, Programming, AI, Physics, Philosophy, Science (general), anything and everything Japanese.

Why are you here? To meet new people that share the same worldview and problems that I do and perhaps make a few friends.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2 or 3 months ago.

Favorite subjects: See hobbies and interests. 8O

Year/Grade: of what? School?.. yeah I don't go to school anymore.

Favorite music: vocal trance, epic trance, melodic trance, rock, metal, classical. My favourite band is Pink Floyd

Books: non-fiction mostly.

TV shows/Movies: Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Stargate, Top Gear, Eureka, Firefly, Futurama.. and anime. Lots and lots of anime.

Instrument: electric guitar and piano

Do you like sports? No. I understand the need for physical exercise but beyond that sports is not for me.

Family: yes I have a family? a dad, a mother and a sister (1yr younger)

Clothing: Occasionally? :roll:

How did you find this website? Google.

Job: I am batman.

Plans for the future? beyond discovering the grand unification theory of physics and programming a proper AI smarter than humans to put them in their place?.. no, not really.

Favourite foodstuff: pastas and pizza. I usually prefer quantity over quality. I hate food that requires effort like lobster, drumsticks or non-deboned fish. basically anything I can't just shove into my face straight away.

Any comments? I like pie.

PM me if it is vital I read your response to something I say in a topic as I might not be able to check responses in all the threads I've posted in. =)

SaltwaterRoom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Nov 2012, 6:28 pm

What is your first name? Cynthia

Hobbies and Interests: History, Life/Earth Sciences, Languages.

Why are you here? I may have Aspergers (get the diagnosis in a week)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): //

Favorite subjects: English, Biology, Physics

Year/Grade: 11th (stopped school for 1 yr and a half)

Favorite music: I listen to Adam Young's songs everyday (Owl City)

Books: Encyclopedia, on specific topics (sciences, organic gardening)

TV shows/Movies:
- Series : The Vampire Diaries, The Simpsons, Alphas, The Big bang Theory.
- Movies : Old ones (War Games, Back to the future, Dirty dancing) oh and all Tinkerbell's (love fairies).

Instrument: I play the Happy Birthday song on my keyboard, does it count lol ?

Do you like sports? Not really but I do love ice skating

Family: Parents divorces = stepmom, stepdad, and 2 half brothers -otherwise I'm an only child.

Clothing: casual except for special occasions (= rare)

How did you find this website? Heard about it on a french forum (Asperger Aide).

Job: soon I hope.

Plans for the future? Professor-researcher in Collede (History or Plant Biology)

Nihilo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Nov 2012, 5:17 am

What is your first name? -

Hobbies and Interests: Movies, design, drawing, painting, sculpting, astronomy, music, art, literature, philosophy and psychology are the main ones.

Why are you here? My girlfriend advised me to further my understanding of myself, I agreed.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): -

Favorite subjects: Science, English and Psychology.

Year/Grade: -

Favorite music: Post-Rock, shoegaze, blackgaze & avant garde.

Books: Robert Frost, Edgar Allen Poe, Friedrich Nietzsche etc...

TV shows/Movies: Dexter at the moment, I'll stop there or this list will go on ad nauseum.

Instrument: I've previously played bass and guitar but I can't say that I'm any good these days. I'd like to learn the piano one day.

Do you like sports? No, I took Krav Maga lessons for a couple of years though.

Family: I'm the oldest of three, my parents split up a couple of years ago.

Clothing: I enjoy clothing, I have an inherit hate for trends in fashion though. I prefer to dress minimalistic but sharp.

How did you find this website? Search engine.

Job: Student.

Plans for the future? I want to be a psychologist/psychotherapist one day.

Any comments? Good thread for introducing a newbie such as myself, thanks.

skullkid
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Nov 2012, 8:21 pm

What is your first name? Charlotte
Hobbies and Interests: Math,Art,Drawing,Writing and performing Arts
Why are you here? Because I am diagnosed with sever ASD and I do not have anyone to discuss problems with.
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Age 5 year but was told by accident by my Secondary School at age 11 years
Favorite subjects: Math and English
Year/Grade: N/A
Favorite music: Rock and KPOP
Books: All the classics.
TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who , Sarah Jane Adventures , Torchwood, Red Dwalf , any science program and history documentary
Instrument:Piano and vocals
Do you like sports? No.
Family:Mum , no dad . 5 sisters and 3 brothers (one has mild ASD)
Clothing: Anything unusual and gothic/punk or emo
How did you find this website? Friend suggested it to me
Job: Charity volunteer
Plans for the future? Work in a job involving Math
Any comments? No