Page 244 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247 ... 360  Next

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 8:29 pm

What is your first name? Pat

Hobbies and Interests: Writing (right now mostly grad-school stuff, but creatively when school's out), reading (anything that interests me), generally learning about things

Why are you here? I am not sure if I have an Asperger's diagnosis, but I have a lot of the traits. I am studying social work and a few of my classmates who know me well say that I might meet the criteria. I've focused a lot of my research into spectrum-related topics and the more I've learned, the more things about my past and childhood have started making sense to me. I guess I'm here to learn more about it and to get to know some people.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not formally diagnosed, but began questioning over the past year

Favorite subjects: History, movies, TV shows, science (mostly space-related)

Year/Grade: Grad Student

Favorite music: Alternative, rap, rock... most kinds, actually

Books: Harry Potter

TV shows/Movies: The Office, The X-Files, South Park, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Weeds, Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Home Movies... Movies would take a while...

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? Sometimes

Family: Oldest of 3, getting married

Clothing: Usually pretty casual (unless I have to work...). Right now, sweater and Jeans

How did you find this website? Just searched Aspergers Message Board

Job: Clinical Social Worker

Plans for the future? Getting married in a few months... going to Mexico soon after... that's as far as I've thought it out

Any comments? Hello everyone!

Jainz
Raven
Raven

08 Apr 2013, 2:29 pm

What is your first name? James

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, good sci-fi, photography, gaming...

Why are you here? After hearing about Asperger's during college I realised how well it described me. A friend told me about this site years ago, but I forgot about it until now.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not officially diagnosed, but the first person to suggest it did so when I was 17.

Favorite subjects: Science, history, philosophy, psychology, sociology, politics, astronomy... I should add that I've never formally studied most of those, I just find them very interesting.

Year/Grade: Erk. I left full-time education 7 years ago (UK college).

Favorite music: Most kinds. I like individual pieces more than particular genres.

Books: HG Wells, HP Lovecraft, Tolkien, Rowling's Harry Potter series (never read her other stuff), and Haruki Murakami's novels... even though I've only read one.

TV shows/Movies: Stargate SG-1/Atlantis, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica... yeah, I like my space operas.

Instrument: Violin. Can't play, just love the sound.

Do you like sports? If I'm in the mood. Rarely. But I don't dislike them.

Family: Oldest of 4. Not married, quite single actually.

Clothing: Whatever's around.

How did you find this website? A friend... then I found it by chance this evening. Can't even remember how.

Job: Customs clearance office person.

Plans for the future? None. Which makes me feel a bit panicked if I'm honest.

Any comments? Whyyy did I put off joining this community? I like it already.

ljusauppmig
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2013, 11:58 am

What is your first name? Saga

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, walking (I love to explore new places, though they scare me too).

Why are you here? I don't know.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): October 2012.

Favorite subjects: History, religion (<3) and english.

Year/Grade: Currently out of school.

Favorite music: I don't know.

Books: I like short books with information on anything interesting (preferably history or religion).

TV shows/Movies: I love war movies and movies set in a different era.

Instrument: I'm learning to play the piano.

Do you like sports? No, but I don't mind watching soccer (because of the men).

Family: Parents and two brothers and three sisters, I'm the youngest and really spoiled by them all.

Clothing: Anything comfortable.

How did you find this website? I typed "asperger community" on google.

Job: For now I work in a church café. It's great.

Plans for the future? Get back to school and then later on in the future become a priest (and release at least one erotic novel collection).

Any comments? I'm a rather boring person but I'm kind and love religion, history and different cultures. It's the best things I know.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 3:35 pm

What is your first name?: Jennifer

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, drawing, video games, exercising.

Why are you here?: I have Asperger's and I would like to make some friends.

When were you diagnosed?: 2 years old, circa 1990.

Favorite subjects: Math and science.

Year/grade: Graduated in '06

Favorite music: Classic rock, but I also like anything from the '70s and '80s.

Books: Anything that is non-fiction and/or involves animals.

TV shows/movies: For TV shows, I like "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory". As for movies, I like any comedy with Adam Sandler.

Instrument: I play the piano.

Do you like sports?: I like bowling and golf, particularly mini-golf, so yes.

Family: I have a mom, step-dad, brother and two step-sisters. All siblings are older than me, so I'm pretty much the baby in the family.

Clothing: I usually wear casual clothes, depending on the seasons.

How did you find this website?: I looked it up online.

Job: I do clerical work at a clinic.

Plans for the future: I'll maybe find a job closer to home, because my current job is 40 minutes from where I live.

Any comments?: Aspie Power!

robot443
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Apr 2013, 8:22 pm

What is your first name?: Tom

Hobbies/Interests: Electronics, computers, helicopters, rockets, solar power, electric cars, music, tv dramas.

Why are you here?: Realized all or almost all of my friends are NT and want to make some friends who understand me a little better.

When were you diagnosed?: Not officially, but began suspecting several years ago, as it explained a lot of my childhood. My youngest brother was just diagnosed with AS, but everyone in my family thought he was normal, so we are all atypical to a degree.

Favorite subjects: Engineering, Math and science.

Year/grade: Halfway through a Master's degree in Electrical engineering

Favorite music: Classical and jazz, but anime introduced me to J-rock and I no longer cringe most of the time when I tune up a pop station.

Books: Anything by Terry Pratchett, a few other things but haven't read much lately.

TV shows/movies: Been working my way through all the crime dramas on Netflix, but will mention Firefly, Castle, The West Wing, too many anime to list, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Instrument: Trumpet, when I'm not taking grad classes.

Do you like sports?: Not really.

Family: Mother, father, two younger brothers, grandparents, aunt, two uncles, and two cousins that I'm close with. Grandmother, mother, and two brothers are all neuro-atypical to a degree, so we get along well.

Clothing: Settled on polos and jeans for now, but my cousin is trying to upgrade me. :)

How did you find this website?: Read about it in a book a few years ago, finally decided to look it up.

Job: Engineer at NASA, building space telescopes.

Plans for the future: Finish my master's degree, keep my job at NASA, get a house with solar panels, and find more friends and a girlfriend, not necessarily in that order.

Any comments?: At this point, I can make most people think I'm normal, but it's not who I really am. I'd like to figure out what is.

Chrisicus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2013, 11:07 am

What is your first name? Chris

Hobbies and Interests: Motorsport, technology/gaming, martial arts, Marvel/DC stuff,

Why are you here? Wanted to connect with others with Aspegers/Autism

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Never really asked, was very early on in my life though.

Favorite subjects: Maths, Science, PE, ICT

Year/Grade: 1st Year University Student - Studying Maths BSc.

Favorite music: Anything to be honest except some chart stuff and X Factor/BGT stuff

Books: Harry Potter series, Alex Rider series, Power of Five series, don't really remember what else I've read properly as a series!

TV shows/Movies: TopGear, F1, anything Marvel/DC related,

Instrument: None, I wish I did though!

Do you like sports? Yes, motorsport and martial arts.

Family: NT mother, father and sister (but sister is dsylexic and a year older then me.)

Clothing: Not fussed to be honest!

How did you find this website? Google.

Job: Student

Plans for the future? Finish my degree and get a job good enough so I can go racing at weekends.

Any comments? I'm happy for anyone to PM me for a chat or anything, I'm quite social :).

Godzilla_The_Great
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Apr 2013, 11:39 pm

What is your first name? Alex

Hobbies and Interests: DCI, NHL, NLL, firefighting, history, spirituality, Norse mythology, Looney Tunes, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Six Flags, Japanese cuisine, Chicago, Lake Michigan, Northwest Indiana, Сою́з Сове́тских Социалисти́ческих Респу́блик,

Why are you here? By order of the judge for the charge of being too damn intelligent (actually it was annoying)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age four, 1998

Favorite subjects: History, Geology, biology, languages, comedy

Year/Grade: Fish (College Freshman)

Favorite music: Everything except mathcore, 2 Chainz, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and any other music I deem an abomination; with that being said, \m/(>.<)\m/

Books: Eragon, Hunger Games, History books

TV shows/Movies: Godzilla, anything by Warner Brothers, anything filmed in Chicago (Dark Knight, of course), Disney, Cartoon Network, Spongebob (like every Aspie in the Local group)

Instrument: Tenor Sax, Electric and Bass Guitar, Bagpipes, Didgeridoo, Drum Corps snare drum

Do you like sports? Like sports?? I practically know about every sport!! Thanks to my dad of course ^_^

Family: Two parents, two siblings, cousins

Clothing: Anything sports or band related, especially hockey sweaters

How did you find this website? Looking for things about Asperger's

Job: Bagger at a grocery store, plan on becoming a firefighter

Plans for the future? I plan on living as long as God allows me. Sometimes I wish He could revoke it, but I strengthen and carry on.

Any comments? Message me, chat me up, drive me crazy, throw a cinderblock at my skull; just get my attention :)

webster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Apr 2013, 4:28 pm

What is your first name?: Alex

Hobbies/Interests: Gaming, Reading, Music, Guitar, Watching films, Some other stuff.

Why are you here?: Found out about this site a long time ago and wanted to find out more about AS.

When were you diagnosed?: Around when I was 11-12.

Favorite subjects:

Year/grade: Year 7 high school then I dropped out, wish I hadn't.

Favorite music: I like a lot of music, tends to be certain songs/pieces then genres.

Books: I've got a few if I had to pick one of my faves it would be the Eragon series.

TV shows/movies: I watched too many to say.

Instrument: I've played guitar now for 5 odd years and im trying to learn violin and piano.

Do you like sports?: I like playing sports but hate watching them.

Family: I live with my girlfriend and her family but i've got a mum and her boyfriend an older sister a younger brother and my dad who has a wife and lots of aunties and uncles and couisens.

Clothing: Not to fussed normaly just jeans and whatever top I find.

How did you find this website?: Just searching online once about AS.

Job: No job at this time.

Plans for the future: Thats a question that i've been finding hard to answer for some time now.

Any comments? I'm just a guy with no idea of what to do in life.

Minim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2013, 2:18 pm

What is your first name? Miriam, but I really don't like it!

Hobbies and Interests: Listing names, Maths, computers, Maths, Doctor Who, and reptiles.

Why are you here? Because I want to be... Is that a good enough answer?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not diagnosed

Favorite subjects: Maths, Maths, Maths, Physics, Maths...

Year/Grade: Year 12/Sixth Form currently 8O

Favorite music: The bits I listen to.

Books: Chalet School, Harry Potter, and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - need to read the rest of the series...

TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who, The Big Bang Theory, QI, Mock The Week, Outnumbered, Torchwood to the end of Children of Earth (Haven't seen it much, though) and some other things as well.

Instrument: I used to play the Violin and before that the Recorder.

Do you like sports? Trampolining. When I'm doing it.

Family: Moth (my mum), my father, 2 sisters, 1 lanky brother, and a mad nephew.

Clothing: At the moment, underthings, a black t-shirt with an owl on and slashes revealing a touch of red, a dragon hoodie that glows in the dark, grey jeans, stripey socks, and black shoes. Plus purple glasses and a hair fastening.

How did you find this website? Browsing.

Job: Being a responsible student?

Plans for the future? Doing Maths at University and then get a job, Masters degree or maybe some teaching qualifications.

Any comments? I love to have a notebook with me!

BambooSun
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 5:53 pm

What is your first name? Sofie

Hobbies and Interests: Science, especially astronomy

Why are you here? This seems like a safe site for me to be on and my parents agree.

When were you diagnosed? I was 9 and still not behaving ‘normal’

Favorite subjects: I love all subjects. I am in the constant pursuit of knowledge.

Year/Grade: 9

Favorite music: I like all music from Mozart to Madonna.

Books: I generally read to acquire more knowledge. I also enjoyed Contact and Pale Blue Dot, by Carl Sagan.

TV shows/Movies: I detest television, whenever I become interested in a show it gets cancelled. Oh, and I love anime. Don’t judge me too harshly!! !

Do you like sports? I like softball and badminton.

Family: A mom and a dad

Clothing: When I can, I dress for comfort

How did you find this website? Discovered while googling.

Job: Student

Plans for the future? I would like to work for NASA or CERN, but here are so many skills that I need to learn first.

Any comments? I may speak of World Domination, but I’m actually pretty harmless.

DyspraxicPanda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2013, 6:11 pm

What is your first name? Tiffany

Hobbies and Interests: theatre, reading, video games, series, gender roles and feminism, autism

Why are you here? Because I am on the spectrum.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 17 but my NLD and dyscaculia are self diagnosed.

Favorite subjects: Literature, English

Year/Grade: Third year of college

Favorite music: jpop, indie rock, indie pop, electro, movie/series soundtracks

Books: fantasy, YA novel, fiction

TV shows/Movies: Game of Thrones, Shameless, Doctor Who, bbc Sherlock, Misfits, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter movies

Instrument: singing ?

Do you like sports? ha nope I hate them

Family: two big sisters, two nephew, one niece, my mum and dad

Clothing: androgynous or otherwise colourful, geekish, I like patterns and flowers

How did you find this website? tbh I don't remember

Job: none..

Plans for the future? work for theatres

Any comments? .... no ? :)

Your Aspie score: 135 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 70 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

anon47
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2013, 12:28 am

Hobbies and Interests: Film, Psychiatry, Religion, Philosophy, Art, Comics, Writing (kind of what I want to do)

Why are you here? I am possibly on the Autism spectrum but a lot of other factors such as family history of mental illness, my abusive upbringing and past drug use make it difficult to pinpoint. Regardless, I'm interested in it.

When were you diagnosed? Have yet to be diagnosed on the Autism spectrum, but have been diagnosed with Social Phobia thus far.

Favorite subjects: English, Art, History, Religion, Philosophy, Psychology

Year/Grade: Not in school, too broke :/ had a brief, failed stint in film school

Favorite music: My taste in music is freakishly diverse, it really depends on my mood. My top 3 favorite genres are electronic, rock and anything different. One minute I'll be listening to Jazz, the next Rap, and the next Hungarian something or other.

Books: The Watchmen, Girl Interrupted, One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest, Hollywood Babylon, Catcher In the Rye, The Killing Joke, The Boys, 1984, Animal Farm, Alice in Wonderland

TV shows/Movies: Barton Fink, Mulholland Drive, Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Twin Peaks, Black Swan, Girl Interrupted, One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Goodfellas, Office Space, The Office, Freaks and Geeks, Firefly, The Twilight Zone, South Park, The Room, Westside Story, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Cannibal! The Musical, Gypsy, My Fair Lady, Full Metal Jacket and many more I'm forgetting.......

Instrument: Nothing :/

Do you like sports? No. I understand why people like it, but it's not my thing. The turn off about sports to me is how seriously people take it. When competition leads to nervous breakdowns, fights and riots, it makes me worry for humanity.

Family: No, I don't have kids.

Clothing: Been in an identity crisis since middle school, but I always end back up in a semi goth hipster category. I don't dress particularly feminine but occasionally wear makeup. I kind of look like a sexually confused androgyn.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Retail

Plans for the future? Writing and possibly psychology

Any comments? Looking forward to learning more!

misakiflower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2013, 5:59 am

What is your first name? Prefer not to say, you can call me Misaki.

Hobbies and Interests: Anime, Music :/

Why are you here? I don't know. I really don't know, I want somewhere where I don't feel awkward and out of place.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed with ADD a few years ago, but meh. I never keep with a psychiatrist.

Favorite subjects: My school situation has not made me too fond of any subject. I like art, because it was the one thing I was able to learn without pressure.

Year/Grade: 11th

Favorite music: SNSD and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. The Antlers, Radiohead, Brand New, Cloud Nothings, Modest Mouse, Fleet Foxes, Grouplove, Imogen Heapm Ellie Goulding, OceanLab,, etc..

Books: I could list a lot of Manga but not going to. I like Albert Camus and am currently reading all of his books.

TV shows/Movies: Mary & Max, Repo! The Genetic Opera, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Iron Giant, Hotarubi no Mori E, Miyazaki films.

Instrument: no.

Do you like sports? That's hilarious.

Family: What about my family? I had a father, he died, I had another father, he died too. I don't know where my mother is but I currently live alone with my grandmother.

Clothing: I don't know how to dress myself. I like baggy anime shirts.

How did you find this website? Through the power of search engines such as google.

Job: Hopefully I can obtain one, soon.

Plans for the future? In the future I'd like to be some kind of a nurse, maybe. And live with my boyfriend.

Any comments? no. I'm boring.

WildTaltos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2013, 11:33 am

What is your first name? Eoghann

Hobbies and Interests: my religon, my family, hunting, fishing, hiking, swiming, readin, writing, nattural sciences

Why are you here? Recntly diagnosed with Aspergers aftre spendin entire life withuot knowin, having hárd time coming to grips with it, hoping reading here wil help somewhat.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Apreil 12, 2013

Favorite subjects: philosphy and natural sciences

Year/Grade: ?

Favorite music: clasical, folk music, pagan/folk metal

Books: mostly non-ficttion, but a concentratd gruop of some fiction, like most of Tolkien's works, some of Ane Rice, like The Witching Huor, Lasher, and Taltos, some Michael Crichton, Mastres of Rome series by Colleen McCullough, but primarly "classic" literature. Also like poetry, favuorite authors are Yeats, Poe, Shakespeare, Wordsworth, and TS Eliot

TV shows/Movies: dont watch telly, and large list of films

Instrument: violin and bódhran

Do you like sports? yes, iománaíocht and footbal (soccer)

Family: father, mothre deceased, two brothers living and a third deceased, one sister whch comes with a brothre-in law and one niece, one son (thogh Im unmarried), one grandmothre, other grandparnts decesaed, fuor grand aunts, two grand uncles, a third granduncle deceased, one great-grand father, othre greats deceased, two aunts and fuor uncles...and quite lot of cousins

Clothing: tunic and breechs, working clothng and comfy clothinng thuogh usuly overalls with or withuot shirt. dont like shoes so dont wear them whn I dont have to. I love earmuffs, I try to wearr them everywher unles its too hot.

How did you find this website? Referred by a friennd not long ago.

Job: Unemopled at the moment, but usully work on farms as a handh, and take vairty of othre manual, unskiled jobs.

Plans for the future? Beat cancer

Any comments? Excuse my speling, theres a medical reson behind it but Im slowly impriving.

bboi7581
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2013, 11:37 pm

Name: Brendon
Age 31
Hobbies and interests: Working out, sports, games, being outdoors, swimming, canoeing, art, and trying new things
Why I'm Here: I've had Aspergers my whole life. I really don't mind it at all, it seems that there are other's that struggle more so with it than I, so I guess I would like to give advice where I can. There are some questions I do have, mainly I want to go back to grad school, and would like to know if there are any scholarship programs.
Favorite subjects: Accounting, Asian philosophy, and Art
Movies, way tooo many to list, but Kill Bill, True Blood, and House of Lies are all up there

WestBender84
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2013, 8:59 am

What is your first name? Jeff

Hobbies and Interests: Whatever catches my attention at the moment, so this changes a LOT and unpredictably. Fighting back against NT culture seems to be my one constant interest, though.

Why are you here? Because my parents admitted they "made a mistake" but couldn't bring themselves to abort me... Rolling Eyes and I found this forum while searching for autism-related employment information.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not YET... unless I get fired, cannot find work, and then need to register for SSI to receive any income Mad

Favorite Subjects: Whatever catches my attention at the moment, so this changes a LOT and unpredictably. Fighting back against NT culture seems to be my one constant interest, though.

Year/Grade: Too many, with nothing to show for it... Rolling Eyes

Favorite music:Scandinavian Black / Death Metal Twisted Evil

Books: Any biographies of failures which I may read to feel better about myself? Wink

TV shows/Movies: I hate NT television, films, etc. so no, thank you.

Instrument: None, because I'm all thumbs.

Do you like sports? Not particularly... Smile

Family: PASS for now! Very Happy

Clothing: Second-hand, thrift store

How I found Wrong Planet: I searched the Internet for autism-related employment topics.

Job: Cook at Pizza Hut

Plans for the future? Damned if I know! Twisted Evil Live with parents, and someday die alone, unless I die before they do! Wink

Any comments? Kudos to Alex Plank for not charging a registration fee. I'm sure he could monetize this off our parents' and our own income if he really wanted...

Last edited by WestBender84 on 20 Apr 2013, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.