Page 248 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251 ... 360  Next

Wunderwaffe
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jun 2013, 10:10 pm

What is your first name?
Harrison - Harry

Age?

Location?
Australia

Hobbies and Interests?
Film and writing (for film)

Why are you here?
Autism. I have aspergers but I also have other traits of the autism diagnosis (physical) so I'm not sure what that makes me. But I do know I have Apsergers. Also crippling anxiety, severe depression and it has been mentioned that I have a bit of schizophrenia (for example I take on film characters and believe I am them--don't judge me). I have other problems but I wont bore you. But I cannot relate to a single soul I've met. I'm so alone.

When were you diagnosed?
I'd say about 6 months ago.

Favorite subjects?
Films study and English

Year/Grade?

Favorite music?
Film soundtracks

Books:
Into the Wild, Metro 2033, Bioshock - Rapture,

TV shows/Movies:
It's incredibly difficult to narrow my favourite movies down to a few, but I'll try:

* 2001: A Space Odyssey
* There Will Be Blood
* Into the Wild
* Requiem for a Dream
* No Country for Old Men
* The Big Lebowski
* Up
* Million Dollar Baby
* Lars and the Real Girl
* Nosferatu

TV Shows:

* Band of Brothers
* The Pacific
* Arrested Development

Instrument?
No.

Do you like sports?
Not any more.

Family?
Mum, Dad, Sister, Nana and Pop and another grandpa. That's all.

Clothing?
Pants and jumper or long shirt, just so I feel 'protected'

How did you find this website?
Aspergers on Wikipedia

Job?
Nope

Plans for the future?
My plan is to be remembered by the time I die, otherwise I'll feel like it's a life wasted. I plan to become a film director and hopefully also find the love of my life but that looks quite grim...

But yes, A film director is my dream and I will either reach that goal or die trying.

Last edited by Wunderwaffe on 05 Jun 2013, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kabu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jun 2013, 6:54 am

What is your first name?

Too intimate/private for posting it here

Hobbies and Interests: ...

Why are you here? Because of having Asperger's.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): during my childhood

Favorite subjects: History, Politics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Year/Grade: -

Favorite music: different OSTs (from video game to film)

Books: Harry Potter, Animorphs, The Millenium Trilogy (just to name a few!)

TV shows/Movies: Criminal Minds, House, NCIS, Hatufim, The Good Life, Star Trek, The Matrix Trilogy, LOTR, The Hobbit and almost every Tim Burton Film

Instrument: Never learned to play any...

Do you like sports?

Depends on the sport itself ;)

Family: Average and boring

Clothing: casual, often black...

How did you find this website?

google

Job: none (school comes first)

Plans for the future?

Going to the university

NuckingFutz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jun 2013, 8:40 am

i'd copy pasted the quesstions and didn't know i'd not removed all the answers of the post previous to mine - i had thought i answered all the questions

and that my new compadre's is ADHD in action - i have that diagnosis - am getting assessed for neuro ( TBI ) and broad spectrum in July

all i know for sure about myself right now is that i have a whole lot of important stuff happening in my life which got derailed by being unmedicated for 2 yrs and moving to be near my 'abuser' 'mother' - who is now fully cut from my life forever after another event of her NPD behavior last thanksgiving.

I'm focusing on my son's 18 and a half yrs of being exposed off and on to this woman who is the only family we have left alive and not worth having in our lives - so she's out for good - and now it's all about my son's current diagnosis of ADHD - severe depression, passive suicide and broad spectrum assessments he's been referred to a phd for....

just had to write this disclaimer about my post - i'm not in a good place to say much more.

Got a lot to learn about my own needs therapeutically - that i tried to handle 'naturally' and failed so incredibly i almost died and traumatized my already traumatized son.

Anyway i do look forward to learning more ...and being more careful when posting in future..thanks

catherinne
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jun 2013, 5:49 pm

my name is Catherinne. I'm 32 years old and im in the beginning process of getting my 9 year old boy assessed for Asperger's. I spent the first four years of his life trying to just make a day go smoothly with him. My mother who's an Rn suggested i get him etested when he was 3 but the doctor took one look at him and said he was fine. Fast forward he's been kicked out of school after two years of them trying to figure out how to help him in a special education approach. I took him to a phschologist today and she brought up this aspergers assesment. I just got finished GOOGLING the definition of aspergers and i about cried. Its my boy. Anyone who has any warnings or advice for a mom who's just starting to look for answers.......

Theory
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jun 2013, 1:30 am

What is your first name? Jennifer, but I do prefer Jenny.

Hobbies and Interests: I love math, music (playing and listening, although I've neglected my instruments a bit lately), and reading.

Why are you here? It's refreshing to talk to people who are more capable of understanding how I think.

When were you diagnosed?: I was essentially diagnosed alongside my younger brother when I was about..10 or 11, perhaps? I still struggle with remembering exact details about various years of my life prior to my more recent adulthood.

Favorite subjects: Mathematics, Physics, and various Computer Programming/Computer Science-ish subjects.

Year/Grade: College Sophomore.

Favorite music: Classic rock, hands down. I do enjoy most rock in general, as well as select types of metal.

Books: All kinds of books, really. I'm a big fan of some science fiction, but lately I've been a bit of a picky reader.

TV shows/Movies: I sincerely miss House. I don't really watch much of anything these days, though.

Instrument: French Horn. (Bb preferred over the standard F tuning)

Do you like sports? Not particularly. Unless you count pool. (Well...Billiards, I suppose.) I don't mind playing some for fun, but I can't really make myself enjoy watching them without a real purpose.

Family: Two brothers. My younger brother's a fellow Aspie.

Clothing: The kind that fits comfortably. Although, I will admit that my recent extreme drop in weight inspired me to purchase some different types of clothing. For the first time in my life, I'm able to wear figure-hugging clothing and, surprisingly, turn some heads.

How did you find this website? Some old friends many years ago convinced me to join.

Job: I'm a corporate trainer in human resources while I continue to pursue my degree in Mathematics.

Plans for the future? I'd love to teach a subject like Calculus at a University.

Any comments? It's really, really nice to be back.

Laddo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 7:37 am

What is your first name? Matt

Hobbies and Interests: Art and drawing, playing guitar, listening to music, gaming, watching films, cooking

Why are you here? It's really refreshing to be around people who are like me

When were you diagnosed?: I think I was about 7 at the time, although most of my memories of being a kid are sketchy at best

Favourite subjects: I haven't gone to school in 3 years but art, biology and food tech were my favourites

Year/Grade: Just dropped out of university

Favorite music: Either hip hop or alt/indie rock. Depends on my mood

Books: Thrillers, especially crime. Oh, and Stephen King

TV shows/Movies: Simpsons, South Park, Futurama, House, Dexter... there's too many to put here

Instrument: Guitar. I really wanna learn drums, though

Do you like sports? I like playing some sports. I find watching them a bit boring though unless England's playing in the World Cup or summat

Family: Two brothers

Clothing: Converse, slim-fit jeans, chequered shirts, graphic tees. So kind of hipster, I suppose. Hmm...

How did you find this website? I Googled "asperger forums" or something like that. I'm glad I found this website

Job: Unemployed, unfortunately

Plans for the future? I want to help people somehow. Possibly working for a mental health charity or something similar

Any comments? This website is saving my life. Thank you, Alex! (And everyone else who worked on the site!)

I am no longer using this account or this website. Do not bother contacting me because any messages will be ignored. The fact that you can't delete your profile while all your information is retained is also disgraceful.

Adam_Raki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jun 2013, 8:15 am

What is your first name? Bernard aka "Bernie"

Hobbies and Interests: Physics, Maths, playing piano, listening to music, watching documentaries and SciFi or Comedy or Romance movies

Why are you here? Trying to break some loneliness and talking to "people like me"

When were you diagnosed?: September 2010

Favourite subjects: Theoretical Physics

Year/Grade: PhD

Favorite music: Classic, Jazz, Blues, Swing, Soul, Rock and Pop. Actually, it depends on my mood as everybody I guess

Books: Physics books, Philosophy, Poetry

TV shows/Movies: House, Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, Elementary, Sherlock / Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel, DC Comics...

Instrument: drums, piano.

Do you like sports? I like watching sports: football (soccer), athletism, basketball, rugby...

Family: One sister

Clothing: Converse, jeans, shirts, t-shirts...

How did you find this website? Google! Yay

Job: Theoretical Physicist

Plans for the future? I would like to try to understand Nature (spacetime, matter...) as well as I can, and I would like to help AS people somehow.

Any comments? THANKS! Feel free to PM, it will be a pleasure to discuss with new "friends", without any "geographical distance" problem

DasKommunist
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jun 2013, 5:37 pm

Hobbies and Intrests: History of Communism/Socialsim, Military, Ballistic Missiles

Why are you here?: I have Aspergers Syndrome

When were you Diagnosed: 2006 - 2007

Faviroute Subject: I hate School

Faviroute music: Red Army Choir, Soviet/Chinese/Arab/Korean Communist Music, Ponchonbo Electronic Ensemble.

Books: Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung

TV shows/movies: I do not watch movies or TV shows often

Instrument: I do not play Instruments

Do you like Sports?: No

Communist Party of Philippines NPA

SirWestin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jun 2013, 10:47 pm

What is your first name? I'll answer to Wes.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, gaming of most any type (console, pc, card, tabletop, board...), fixing things.

Why are you here? Just looking for somewhere I fit a little better.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): In 2004. Many things made a lot more sense after.

Favorite subjects: I was always partial to English, Drama and Choir.

Year/Grade: I'm long past all that.

Favorite music: Pop, Classical and several types of Rock.

Books: I enjoy historical fiction.

TV shows/Movies: Dr Who, Warehouse 13 and The Walking Dead. Moviewise, I prefer Sci-Fi or Fantasy.

Instrument: I'm a vocalist. Especially if I think no one can see me.

Do you like sports? No.

Family: Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Brother-in-Law, Sister-in-Law, 2 nieces and a nephew.

Clothing: Jeans and a button up shirt or t-shirt. And my hat. Nearly always my hat.

How did you find this website? It was linked on the Asperger's wikipedia entry.

Job: Automatic Door Technician.

Plans for the future? I hope to have a family of my own one day.

Any comments? Not really.

bluerobot
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jun 2013, 1:54 pm

What is your first name? I will respond to Lee, though that is not my given name.

Hobbies and Interests: Programming, meditation, reading, listening to music, DIY electronics, parenting

Why are you here? I seldom have the opportunity to have any meaningful or interesting conversation. Being more organized and articulate in writing means that even if I don't manage to make any friends here, I can still see more of my own writing and try to improve.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): A week ago; I've known for the past several years.

Favorite subjects: Math, English, History, Physics, CS

Year/Grade: HS graduate; dropped out of college during Freshman year

Favorite music: Thrash Metal; however I enjoy all sub-genres of Heavy Metal, and many Rock genres. A wide variety of electronic music. I also like a few styles of Jazz music such as swing and bebop, as well as 50s-60s R&B/Soul, Blues musicians like Howlin' Wolf and John Lee Hooker, and a few modern composers such as Philip Glass and Glenn Branca. I like a lot more music than that, but I suppose this would be a good favorites list.

Books: The Age of Spiritual Machines, Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid, The Emperor's New Mind, Neuromancer, Count Zero, Mona Lisa Overdrive, Virtual Light, Idoru, Pattern Recognition, Snow Crash, Zodiac, The Atrocity Archives, Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune, Chapterhouse Dune (I like the rest of the Dune series, but these are my favorites), lots of reference books

TV shows/Movies: Arrested Development, The IT Crowd, Sherlock, The Simpsons, Futurama, Spongebob Squarepants, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Repo Man, Robocop (yeah, all of them - even Robocop 3), Blade Runner, pi, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Escape From New York, Star Trek (almost any of the series; can't say I enjoyed Enterprise that much), the original Star Wars trilogy, Ran, Sanjuro, Pulp Fiction, The Young and the Restless

Instrument: Alto Saxophone, Piano

Do you like sports? No; however, I've always wanted to take Kendo classes

Family: My wife, son, father, mother, 7 older brothers and sisters, 4 uncles, 3 aunts, 8 nieces and nephews, more cousins than I even care to know. I'm much closer to my mother and sister-in-law than my parents or siblings. I'm definitely the black sheep!

Clothing: Don't care very much. Nothing scratchy like wool, silk, or satin. Don't mind jeans once they're broken in. Boots with socks or canvas shoes without socks.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Systems Analyst

Plans for the future? Owning a home, sending my son to college (maybe online courses..?), being happier or at least more content with myself.

Enc
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jun 2013, 10:42 am

What is your first name? Sandré

Hobbies and Interests: Analyzing (obvious I know ;p), football, some other sports, gaming/internet, theatre etc

Why are you here? To see what's going on here

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 27, PDD-NOS/Asperger

Favorite subjects: Didn't care about school

Year/Grade: Something with book keeping

Favorite music: Dubstep/elektro house

Books: Mostly Dutch or sports, like Zlatan or 'Wij zijn ons brein' ('we are our brains') It's about how our brains work and rule over our lives.

TV shows/Movies: Dexter, and well yeah... sports. Not big fan of most movies, do like animation like Lion King or Prince of Egypt. Those kinda movies

Instrument: I love drums, can't play them well though..

Do you like sports? Yes

Family: Parents and one brother

Clothing: Which I want to wear, mostly casual. I have a thingy for colorful shoes.

How did you find this website? Someone mentioned it on youtube

Job: None

Plans for the future? I don't plan often.

Any comments? I'm new here ;)

gilly22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2013, 8:52 pm

What is your first name? Gillian

Hobbies and Interests: music, videos games, watching tv

Why are you here? I have Aspergers

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Last month

Favorite subjects: accounting

Year/Grade: graduated college.. now I'm taking accounting

Favorite music: punk/rock

Books: Struck By Lightning

TV shows/Movies: Glee, Supernatural

Instrument: don't play any!

Do you like sports? I love hockey

Family: Dad, stepmom, brother and stepsister.

Clothing: tshirt and jeans.

How did you find this website? My dad told me about it!

Job: unemployed at the moment

Plans for the future? hopefully working.

Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jun 2013, 8:03 pm

Name: working on it

Hobbies and Interests: Numbers, Music, Adrenaline

Why are you here? Mainly for help, and to help, and hopefully fun

When were you diagnosed? I have been diagnosed with a LOT of things, and misdiagnosed. Long Story.

Favorite subjects: Logic, Languages

Year/Grade: University post graduate

Books: All non-fiction

TV shows/Movies: Meh

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? Sometimes. Definitely don't like watching sports.

Family: do not understand

Clothing: I have phases

How did you find this website? Google

Job? That's why I'm here

Plans for the future? That's also why I'm here

Any comments? Great place, hope I'm doing it right

benh72
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jun 2013, 9:35 pm

What is your first name? Ben

Hobbies and Interests: Music, gardening, tropical fish, movies, cooking, home brewing beer.

Why are you here? Why are any of us here?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Self diagnosed in the past few years, going for formal diagnosis next month

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Aus Rock, blues, jazz, chill-out, some classical & baroque

Books: Non fiction & crime novels

TV shows/Movies: Family Guy, Nurse Jackie, American Dad, The Cleveland show, Monk, The Americans, Young Justice, Adventure Time, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Being Human (UK Series), Blade Runner, Star Wars (all but prefer original trilogy), Total Recall, Minority Report, Paycheck, Imposter, (any Philip K Dick), Sci Fi, comedy, true stories.

Instrument: guitar - average, harmonica - very bad

Do you like sports? Used to play tennis, previously trained in karate - more a solo or duo sport fan - not keen on team sports.

Family: not supportive, don't get why I'm different, and therefore not part of my life.

Clothing: cargo pants, well worn jeans, tee shirts, long sleeved tees, cotton jumpers, hoodies,

How did you find this website? web search

Job: currently not working, or looking for work.

Plans for the future? Getting through life one day at a time.

Any comments - The last decade has been tough, and I've been going through long cyclic bouts of depression.
My father in law died almost two years ago; my wife's family are much more accepting and loving toward me than my own family is capable of.
My mother in law has dementia, and my wife has no siblings, so it's just us; and we're struggling to get the help we need to make sure the mother in law has the care she needs.
Not to mention my wife has CP and gets around in a wheelchair.
I'd say more but don't want to look like some poor whiner looking for sympathy.
:(

brodeany
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jun 2013, 1:53 am

What is your first name? Bodean

Hobbies and Interests: Video games and music.

Why are you here? I found out about this website in a book about Aspergers so I thought I'd come here to see what's happening.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): In 2011 July.

Favorite subjects: DIT, History.

Year/Grade: Year 13

Favorite music: Chiptune, Metal, Rap/Hip-hop, Rock.

Books: Don't like to read much because I have dyslexia, it bores me most of the time.

TV shows/Movies: Game Of Thrones, Death Note. Don't watch much TV.

Instrument: Don't play one, would like to play an Ocarina though!

Do you like sports? No, I do like going to the gym though.

Family: Father, Mother, Brother, Brother.

Clothing: A variety of shirts, and pants.

How did you find this website? That book I mentioned.

Job: N/A

Plans for the future? Going to try to go to University next year.

Any comments? New here and first post!

Bitoku
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2013, 5:21 pm

What is your first name? Scott
Hobbies and Interests: Videogames, Cartoons/Anime, Martial Arts, Psychology, Philosophy
Why are you here? To meet others with Aspergers, Learning more about Aspergers, Just general interest
When were you diagnosed? A few years ago (Aspergers)
Favorite subjects: Psychology and Philosophy
Year/Grade: University graduate (BA degrees)
Favorite music: Classic Rock, Japanese Rock
Books: I mostly just read comics and non-fiction
Some Favorite TV shows: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Magic Knight Rayearth, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, Dragonball, Transformers, Looney Tunes, Samurai Pizza Cats
Some Favorite Movies: Please Save My Earth, Star Wars, Alien, Robocop, Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, Naked Gun
Some Favorite Videogame Series: Guild Wars, Street Fighter, Etrian Odyssey, Castlevania, Monkey Island, Gothic,
Ultima, Wizardry
Musical Instrument? no
Do you like sports? only martial arts
Family: Wife and 5 year old daughter
Clothing: normal
Job: SAP support (computer job)
Plans for the future? Become a Psychologist or Councellor