Page 251 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254 ... 360  Next

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jul 2013, 6:12 am

By the way, RandyG, click here.

RandyG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2013, 7:57 am

Two things I wish they'd use today's technology to fix: That stupid model airplane, which "flies" at an unconvincing speed and angle. And Dooley Wilson clearly cannot play piano and has no idea what to do with his hands. I find it hard to ignore.

Probably because I'm not hip to 'Net lingo, it took me a minute to work out 'pseudo.' (False what? Is he accusing me of duplicity?) Then I hit on 'pseudonym.' No, my name really is Randy, or rather Randolph. I didn't choose it. I think Ayn Rand was a remarkable woman but I wouldn't tie my identity to hers in that manner even for a forum username.

And I don't have an "unconditional" adherence to anything - my necessary condition, for believing anything to be true and valid, is that it continue to make sense when compared with all observations. If an engineer stated, after decades of applying them, that he was convinced that the laws of physics are valid - on the macro level, and under normal Earth conditions - one would not say that he had an "unconditional adherence" to Newton's laws.

ash1987
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jul 2013, 12:06 pm

What is your first name? ashley

Hobbies and Interests: videogames listening to heavy metal music and working on my car

Why are you here? to mingle with other like minded people

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): suspected aspergers

Favorite subjects: cooking and cars

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: linkin park ,metallica ,megadeath, ironmaiden

Books: cooking books

TV shows/Movies: fast and furious series , gone in 60 seconds,ncis

Instrument: dont play any instruments

Do you like sports? motorsport

Family: 1 older brother and younger brother and sister

Clothing: t shirt and shorts in summer and most of the time in winter

How did you find this website? found it somwhere on the net where i dont exactly remember

Job: underwater ceramics technician (fancy way of saying kitchenhand)

Plans for the future? owning my own home and getting my motorbike licence

Any comments?

littlestar
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jul 2013, 1:39 pm

What is your first name? Sonia

Hobbies and Interests: Singing, Painting, Research, Barbie

Why are you here? To talk to people like me, feel normal!

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When you know, you just know. Informal diagnosis this year on internet. No medical professionals available here that can give me a formal diagnosis.

Favorite subjects:Geology, Art, Music, English poetry, Biology

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: Paul Wilbur, Michael W. Smith, Handel:Messiah, Edvard Grieg:Peer Gynt Suites, Enya.

Books: The Bible (King James Version), A Divine Revelation of Heaven by Mary K. Baxter, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

TV shows/Movies: Touch, NCIS LA, CSI New York, Revenge. Movies: The Ultimate Gift, The Sound of Music, A Christmas Carol (animated 3D one), Left Behind 1 & 2, A Perfect Stranger & Another Perfect Stranger.

Instrument: Recorder (flute) and Piano. Love Violin too, but can't play it, never learned.

Do you like sports? Ballet. Yes, it is a sport!

Family: Mom & Dad, 2 Brothers & 2 Sisters, oldest brother married with 2 boys, sisters both married, one has boy and girl, other one has 2 boys and 2 girls. Mom & Dad inlaw, 2 sisters on husband's side, oldest married has 2 boys. My husband and me and our only child our daughter almost 7. Wow! That's a lot!

Clothing: Love dresses! Love coctail dresses in shocking pink! But don't wear that. I wear dresses in the summer, long ones with summer hats and creative accesories. In Winter its jeans and long sleeve shirts or blouses preferably shocking pink and turcoise with warm jackets, knee-high boots, scarfs and gloves, everything warm. My style, not the fashion trend!

How did you find this website? Youtube

Job: Homemaker(stay at home mom) and teacher to our daughter who is an Aspie too and can't handle school, too loud, too many children!

Plans for the future? Imigrating to Australia or Neeu Zealand and being full time missionaries. Just not South Africa pleeeze!

Any comments? Love the site! Nice to meet you all!

Callwaiting
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

What is your first name? Adrianne

Hobbies and Interests: hunting, fishing, learning herbs and uses, books, exploring- living things and fossils-roll play in computer games

Why are you here? when my daughter was diagnosed i saw a huge similarity to my difficulties and an explanation and reason for my life-the extreme isolation and abuse in schools and home. perhaps help for me lies in a different direction than over-medication by the mental health care community.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): conflicting diagnosis and treatments for my problems since in my early 20s

Favorite subjects:see above in hobbies and interests

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: not by artist, but by sound and mood at the moment-anything but screamo lol

Books: paranormal romance, national geographic anything to do with natural history, or information on whatever interest or indeavor i may have at the time

TV shows/Movies:dont like tv movies tend twards scary, dark, fantasy, national geographic , comedy, and documentaries, paranormal

Instrument:none

Do you like sports? hunting fishing

Family: children, grandchildren,boyfriend :)

Clothing: whatever is practical and available at the moment, its sometimes difficult to go clothes shopping

How did you find this website? my daughter and i are both assumed to have aspergers,she is going for formal testing, testing is not available for my age group locally

Job: retail when working, jobs dont last long but have been on ssi disability for years.

Plans for the future? working on that

Any comments? hi

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jul 2013, 5:28 pm

ash1987 wrote:
Job: underwater ceramics technician (fancy way of saying kitchenhand)

Love that!! ! Image

greguniverse
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jul 2013, 1:35 am

What is your first name? Greg

Hobbies and Interests: video games, math, computers, geo political, cats and ponies.

Why are you here? To be a part of a community that shares common concepts and ideas.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): a year ago after a bit of depression, and a doctor visit that yielded a battery of tests that made the determination that much of my maladjusted is due to a multi-spectrum disorder.

Favorite subjects: see above.

Year/Grade: not in school.

Favorite music: EBM

Books: I have many

TV shows/Movies: horror and scifi mostly, but I have a more collective library that is everything.

Instrument: no.

Do you like sports? no

Family: I have one that I rarely talk to due to distance.

Clothing: I have clothes.

How did you find this website? From a H2K talk

Job: I work at a call center, as a pizza ordering robot.

Plans for the future? Play more games

Any comments? not at the moment.

bushrat
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jul 2013, 8:03 am

What is your first name? Candy

Hobbies and Interests: Computer Programming some math, fixing my flat and going out bush

Why are you here? My son was diagnosed with PDD-NOS & I think he got it from me lol

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not diagnosed... but usually get 33+ on the online tests.

Favorite subjects: Already told you... Computer Programming some math, fixing my flat and going out bush

Year/Grade: lol I teach year 10.

Favorite music: Rock, County and Western, some opera love Pavarotti... love music but know nothing about it.

Books: I Robot, Flowers for Algernon, Watership Down, To kill a mocking bird.

TV shows/Movies:The Block

Instrument: Can't play, but always wanted to learn piano

Do you like sports?No

Family:Yes 2 kids

Clothing: Yes

How did you find this website? Looking for an online site to meet other aspies

Job: Teacher

Plans for the future? Thinking about going OS next year

Any comments? Not sure if I am an aspie or not :oops: seems silly to look for a diagnosis at my age, but the more I read the more I fit the profile. Anyways the vid on joining conversations :? was cool ppl always say I interrupt so I don't bother talking to anyone any more. :? Not pore me but, because I have 2 kids & 2 grand-kids aka a captive audience.

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jul 2013, 8:13 am

So this is your first post, bushrat ; welcome in the gang!

What is PDD-NOS?

What does "going OS" mean?

bushrat
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2013, 8:12 am

Sorry live in the land of acronyms:

PDD-NOS = Pervasive Development Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified

OS = Overseas

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jul 2013, 8:54 am

TYVM.

(TYVM = thank you very much)

mbwelder
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jul 2013, 3:54 am

What is your first name? Mat

Hobbies and Interests: Mountain Biking, Hiking, Skiing, RC Helicopters, My beard... Used to do a lot of art, fence, etc.

Why are you here? I blew up on a guy at work...and had a...mental breakdown...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Grade 10.

Favorite subjects: ---

Year/Grade: ---

Favorite music: Hard rock, Metal, Some electronic, some outlaw country

Family: Single, one nephew a little over a year old.

Clothing: in winter (the warm kind), in summer (the cool kind)

How did you find this website? Wikipedia...of all places...

Job: Welder

Plans for the future? Undetermined

Any comments? Recovering alcoholic (sober for 8 months!), broke up with my ex, going through depression and other "fun" things.

lasspie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jul 2013, 4:51 pm

What is your first name? Stephanie

Hobbies and Interests: reformed Christianity, writing

Why are you here? Because I want to be around people like me

When were you diagnosed? Last week

Favorite subjects: Christianity, writing, grammar

Year/Grade: Graduated in 2003

Favorite music: country, mostly. I'm selective, otherwise.

Books: Martin Luther books. Lately, books on Asperger's Syndrome. Grammar instruction books.

TV shows/Movies: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Lie to Me, Parenthood

Instrument: Computer keyboard, knitting needles

Do you like sports? Bowling

Family: I have some.

Clothing: I wear whatever I'm not tired of wearing.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Convenience store

Plans for the future? Survival

Any comments?[b]

StandProud
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jul 2013, 9:25 pm

What is your first name? Mary

Hobbies and Interests: dont have much time for those, using mafia wars and farm ville 2 on fb to escape my hyper stressing draining life

Why are you here? for myself, gettin out of my comfort zone.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): got a official adhd diagnotic about 2 months ago, my mini 7yo got asd (aspie type) diagnostic. On the process to have some of my traits at least noticed with the professional that fallow my adhd. My oldest one is finally in the begining of the screening process.

Favorite subjects: it depends, mostly my kids and how to lead them to be more fonctional than i am

Year/Grade: ---
Favorite music: Metal mostly, some classical, insturmental. Loud, with plenty of guitard usualy

Books: Lord of the Rings

TV shows/Movies: csi and documentary

Instrument: my voice

Do you like sports? not much, but i've got a quite active job anyway

Family: mom of 2 wonderfull girls, no man. have a mom with bone cancer, a brother somewhere

Clothing: Depend on the day, usualy jeans and some nice t shirt

How did you find this website? hum wich one to choose, it's quite a reference for the aspie/autistic awerness comunity that prone acceptance.

Job: consumer service parking clean up and security.

Any comments? Tired of being exausted, so taking the bull by the horn. Pills are not a long term solution for me since i forget way too offen to take them

Fetika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jul 2013, 1:28 am

StandProud wrote:
Any comments? Tired of being exausted, so taking the bull by the horn. Pills are not a long term solution for me since i forget way too offen to take them

Pills cannot be a long=term solution to this anyway and, NOT taking them is often better than taking them.

Have you tried juices and smoothies? Not mostly fruits but greens. If you have a juicer use it. If you don't, buy one. Not a centrifugal type but a slow masticating (single auger) or triturating (twin gear) type. I noticed that people I know who have a centrifugal juicer don't use it after a few months. This is due to the fact this type of juicer makes juices that lack enzymes and many minerals and vitamins are oxyded. So the body appreciates more or less. I have a slow twin-gear juicer and, if I spend 2 or 3 days without drinking fresh juices, my body demands them. I know that single auger and twin-gear juicers are costlier than centrifugals. But actually, which is costlier : a $75~$150 centrifugal that will sleep in your cupboard in a few month or a $350~$600 masticating or triturating you will use for the rest of your life because it has changed your life?

You can read about them by writing "masticating juicers" or "triturating juicers" or "twin-gear juicers" on Google.

The effect is drastic! In last april I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My doctor prescribed me drugs to regulate my blood sugar. But I bought that juicer with the determination to get rid of any %?$#& drug. And I studied for weeks which vegetables, fruits and mostly leafy greens a advised against diabetes. Three months later (thus very recently), my MD told me I didn't need drugs anymore. Not only diabetes was topped, not only was it reversed, but it was eliminated in 3 months. During these months, friends told me I seem to have more energy and my skin looks healthier. I noticed that I spontaneously do things that I procrastinated before : yes I DO have more energy and sleep better.

Or, as Hippocrates put it “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”.

N.B. : juices have one disadvantage : they contain no fibre. But this is no problem : I use part of the fibre my juicer rejects in soups, pastas, salads, rice, mashed potatoes etc. Why only "part of"? Because, with that juicer, I drink more veggies, greens and fruits that I could ever eat. So, even though I must throw about half the fibres away, I still eat more fibre than before and much much more nutrients!

And my body thanks me for that!

(No : I don't sell juicers!)

(P.S. to moderators and site owner : during the last few days, I noticed I was checked many times with captcha tests. And even though I copy the proposed texts carefully, half of the time it does not work. There seems to be a problem with either the site or the captcha software.)

loveturn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jul 2013, 3:32 am

What is your first name?
Hester

Hobbies and Interests:
Healthy lifestyle, cooking, tv series

Why are you here?
To find and talk to like minded people

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
may 2012, Aspergers

Favorite subjects:
See above

Year/Grade:
University, 4th year

Favorite music:
Pop, poprock, rock, hmmm... I like very different kinds of music.

Books:
I looove reading! I haven't got one favorite writers though. Maybe Arthur Japin (Dutch) and Niccolò Ammaniti (Italian).

TV shows/Movies:
TV shows for sure. Crime series like Criminal Minds and Perception, but also Sex and the City and Gilmore Girls. Or Game of Thrones. Too many good TV shows!

Instrument:
None

Do you like sports?
No. I do run though.

Family:
My parents.

Clothing:
Yes, classy

How did you find this website?
YouTube

Job:
Student + cleaning at old peoples houses