Page 254 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 360  Next

MollyM
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2013, 10:08 pm

What is your first name? Molly

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Music, Books, Piano, Motorcycles, writing.

Why are you here? Just to participate in discussion surrounding Aspergers and learn more about it.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Aspergers Disorder. Recently.

Favorite subjects: Psychology and English Literature.

Year/Grade: Sophomore in College.

Favorite music: I love a lot of different music I can't pick just one.

Books: To Kill a Mockingbird is my favorite book....but right now I'm reading the Dan Brown books and there pretty awesome.

TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who and Sherlock

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports?--->Football....

Family: Supportive...they've come to accept my quirks.

Clothing: work clothes usually...on the weekends I get a chance to wear what's in my closet.

How did you find this website? I was researching on Aspergers and happened across it.

Job:

Plans for the future? I want to work in a psychology field, I'm currently working on my degree.

Any comments?

Kateplus6
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Oct 2013, 8:54 pm

What is your first name:
Kate

Hobbies and Interests:
I like science, philosophy, religion, anthropology. Exercise, cats, taking long walks in the woods, napping, peace and quiet.

Why are you here?
For support.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
Couple years ago.

Favorite subjects:
Science, religion, psychology, medicine

TV shows/Movies:
Science fiction, gritty dramas.

Do you like sports?
Yes

How did you find this website?
From a friend.

Plans for the future?
Live in a house in the woods, have my animals and have a hobby farm.

SnickieX
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2013, 2:42 am

What is your first name? Justin

Hobbies and Interests: Nature, hiking, driving, PC's

Why are you here? To learn, and socialize!

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was 12

Favorite subjects: History, Government, Science

Year/Grade: Some college, gettin there

Favorite music: EBM, Techno, everything except hip hop/rap/country

Books: LOTR, anything Stephen King

TV shows/Movies: Star Wars, LOTR, Predators, etc.

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? Nope

Family: Amazing. <3

Clothing: Whatever gets put on my skin

How did you find this website? Wikipedia

Job: Stocking

Plans for the future? Get college done!

Any comments? Blah. :3

DeviousDani
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2013, 9:13 am

What is your first name? Dani

Hobbies and Interests: Art

Why are you here? I'm aspie

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 15

Favorite subjects: Art, sociology and psychology

Year/Grade: year 11

Favorite music: many genres (I like a bit of everything) from classical to metal

Books: 50 shades of grey, vampire academy, saving max, harry potter

TV shows/Movies: big bang theory, skins, gossip girl, too many shows and movies

Instrument: piano

Do you like sports? NO.

Family: mum, dad and little sister

Clothing: a variety of things, love colour

How did you find this website? previously a member

Job: not at the moment

Plans for the future? University, work, move out(with partner), marriage, travel, get a house, have kids

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 5:14 pm

Well I ain't got nothing else to do so...

What is your first name? Sam

Hobbies and Interests: Um... I don't know to be honest , I mean I play games , Minecraft GTA , But all I do is Minecraft is Creative Architecture these days , which leads into my intrest of Architecture , I love Skyscraper's , always have , always will.

Why are you here? Sometimes , alot lately I've been getting sad and depressed about stuff , and this forum seems like a cool place to go to , maybe I'll make a Friend , I don't know.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 5

Favorite subjects: History , Geography ( I assume we're on about School here )

Year/Grade: 10 ( 9th Grade for You american's I think )

Favorite music: It ranges from the 60's all the way to the 90's , but the taste of music lessens with each decade , I'm currently into 90's stuff.

Books: Can't say really , I should read more , although I am reading ' Of Mice and Men ' at the moment.

TV shows/Movies: I used to really love Doctor Who as a kid , still get into it every now and then.
Movies though... Anything really , I'm open to any kind of Movie , if I can sit down sip on a coke and chill , then the Movie's for me.

Instrument: None , I've tried a Piano , I'm terrible at it , although I can play some of ' Hey Jude ' that's it.

Do you like sports? No , definitely not , I grown up not being able to go out , this led me not to become engrossed into this Football mad society that is the United Kingdom , I despise Football , most of my friends , only thing they talk about , and it pees me off.
Rugby on the other hand , much more civilised , although I'm only good as a runner , I still don't mind it.

Family: I have a Mother , her Boyfriend and 3 siblings.

Clothing: I'll wear anything that fits. I don't give a crap on how I look , there's more important stuff at hand.

How did you find this website?
I simply typed in '' Autism Forum '' on Google and it led me here

Job: Being a Human.

Plans for the future?

My life's ambition is to travel the world , I've set out plans and it should cost atleast £30'000 , I'm planning to do that in my 20's.

After that , God knows , if I end up in some Office Job I will know I've failed in life.

Any comments?
I hope this website brings me comfort.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 8:09 pm

What is your first name? Fabs

Hobbies and Interests: Not a lot at the moment tbh. Too many other things on my mind.

Why are you here? To find myself, or something like that...

When were you diagnosed?: On a waiting list to be tested. It's two years long though but am looking into paying up to go private. Had my first encounter with psychiatry aged 10. Have always refused to accept a diagnosis based on symptoms that didn't address the causes. Have a ten-year realization that I have an attachment disorder but have been told no doctor in the country will be prepared to give me an official diagnosis :cry:

Favorite subjects: Philosophy, social history

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Anything but jazz or opera. Mark Knopfler is my favourite guitarist.

Books: The Many Coloured Land by Julian May is a must reccommend from the past. Can't manage whole books no more.

TV shows/Movies: Not much

Instrument: Tried guitar in my younger years and drumming in my twenties. Now I sing when driving alone.

Do you like sports? Not particularly. Used to cycle for a living. Lots of rambling as a child.

Family: partner who is possibly AS but has no need for self-analysis let alone diagnosis, daughter that was diagnosed AS oct 2012. A mother in denial that I can only handle in small doses. I can count on one hand the times she has held or hugged her grandchild. One estranged sister with a weird dog. Various other family that are no bloodline and therefore I have no obligation to beyond New Years wishes.

Clothing: The bane of my life :roll: :roll:

How did you find this website? Can't remember now, probably googled 'autism forum'.

Job: None

Plans for the future? Get up in time in the morning and not to get stressed out when I (eventually) find the Kinder Eggs packaging that my DD nicked yesterday.

Any comments? I'm a cultural relativist. I'm neither religious or consider myself spiritual but I do have my own beliefs. I'm 100% Hindu according to an online religion test (that I found on in the WP philosphy forum).
I'm a compulsive kind-of self analyser too but that has everything to do with my rather eventful life early years in Belgium and having lived in Netherlands aged 17-21. I'm not very computer savy but love the bulletin style of this board. It reminds me of better days in the UK. The last nine months have been downhill. Wrong Planet has given me hope 8)
Oh, and i have no idea how to use spell check.

SparklyJacket
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2013, 11:58 am

What is your first name? Jenna

Hobbies and Interests: Graphic and Website Design

Why are you here? To talk and share stories with people who know what I'm going through

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): September 2013

Favorite subjects: Erm, I'm not at school so I don't have one

Year/Grade: Not applicable

Favorite music: Meat Loaf, Queen, Bon Jovi, Snow Partol

Books: The Diary of Anne Frank

TV shows/Movies: Are You Being Served?, M*A*S*H

Instrument: I can't play one although the drums look quite cool

Do you like sports? No.

Family: Mother, father and a younger sister.

Clothing: Noramally as comfortable as possible

How did you find this website? Google search for Aspergers Syndrome I think.

Job: Shop Assistant

Plans for the future? None

Any comments? Hi

deviledapple
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Oct 2013, 9:45 pm

What is your first name? Jayne

Hobbies and Interests: snakes/spiders and other exotic pets, fish, herpetology, art, reading (sci/fi fantasy) creating art

Why are you here? Looking for something, just not sure what.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I am not really sure if i am "diagnosed" i know my shrink put it out there that he thought i might be like "mild aspergers" and everything I have read backs that up and I take it as fact now... that was about 2 years ago.

Favorite subjects: like school? i guess i liked english and art and science

Year/Grade: i graduated high school 10 years ago

Favorite music: varied. changes frequently. right now i tend to listen to pop/rock, 90's stuff, and eletro/dubstep.

Books: fantasy. i have gone a long time without reading much and have just started reading again. i used to read so often that it took willpower to not pull my book out while driving.

TV shows/Movies: big bang theory, devious maids, parenthood, monk. any movie with a fantasy element.

Instrument: i like to karaoke but i appear to be tone deaf. no instruments.

Do you like sports? no

Family:i should have read a few more of these closer to see what was being asked by this. i have very little extended family, and don't really know what few i do have, and my immediate family is spread across the country, mom, dad and his wife and her kids (he remarried long after i moved, so i don't really know them well) and one brother who is married.

Clothing: Sure, when I leave the house. I do like to dress nice, I started caring about my dress appearance when i was thinner and even though i am overweight again i still prefer to dress feminine and feel pretty.

How did you find this website? i googled aspergers community

Job: TSO (those people at the airport you love to hate) at RSW for 7 years.

Plans for the future? I want to start exploring higher education with an eye on being a zookeeper.

Any comments? I am a little shy of posting on boards, but if anyone shares my interests, locations, or whatever i would not object to private message conversations :)

IntroSpectral
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2013, 3:10 pm

What is your first name? Johan

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Sound, Indie-games.

Why are you here? Just recently discovered that I am/have aspergers after years of feeling displaced and "wrong"... came here to learn more and meet people that are/have been in similar situation.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): still not diagnosed but waiting to be..

Favorite subjects: Music, Sound, the mind/brain and all that it brings in any order and form, Sci-Fi

Favorite music: differs from day to day... but primary my own.

Books: at the moment. This Is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession - Daniel J. Levitin

TV shows/Movies: Don't watch them... except the occasional movie... latest good one: Celeste & Jesse Forever

Instrument: Computer, Piano, Guitar, Synthesiser... anything that makes sounds worth recording/making

Do you like sports? .. no

Family: yes.

Clothing: most of the time. preferable comfortable

How did you find this website? mentioned in a video by Maja Toudal on youtube

Job: at the moment.. being a dad

Plans for the future? not much plans, but a strong sense of a general direction.. one being making sound-design for video-games

Any comments? ... none

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 11:43 am

I love music. I've composed music in a classical way. I learned recently that I'm an Aspie so 'm here to connect to people.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 11:45 am

CL.OTHING: all black with bit of white LOL

Raainbowdash
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Oct 2013, 9:27 pm

What is your first name? Annett

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, sewing

Why are you here? I have a high interest to learn more about Autism and Apserger's Syndrome.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Officially, I am not diagnosed. I will soon.

Favorite subjects: Art, Biology, Science

Year/Grade: 9

Favorite music: I dont really have a favorite

Books: I like every book from Oswald Henke, a german author.

TV shows/Movies: I dont watch TV.

Instrument: Guitar, Piano, Flute

Do you like sports? Not really

Family: I dont really know what to answer here. I have a big sister.

Clothing: Anything in pastel colours.

How did you find this website? Googled something.

Job: I am going to school.

Plans for the future? Want to be a dressmaker

Any comments? Hope there were no major mistakes with my language.

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 7:50 pm

What is your first name? Serena

Hobbies and Interests: drawing, playing many video games, skating, whistling, rats, Pokemon, medical things

Why are you here? I like to relate to people here. I feel comfy and happy commenting and posting on this forum. It's also rather entertaining.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): August 2013

Favorite subjects: anything related to my many interests

Year/Grade: 8th grade

Favorite music: i like a large variety of music

Books: I used to be obsessed with books, but I then came across a bad experience in elementary school with them, so I don't read books very much now

TV shows/Movies: Case 39, Chucky, Spongebob Squarepants, The Office, Bizarre ER, Untold Stories of the ER, Beyond Scared Straight, Lockdown, Switched at Birth, The Fosters, and probably other stuff, though I do not actually watch TV very much

Instrument: Bb Soprano Clarinet

Do you like sports? no

Family: I have a big family. I hardly know most of it.

Clothing: graphic t-shirts, basketball shorts, sweatpants, cargo shorts, jeans when I must, jackets

How did you find this website? Google searching things

Job: cleaning rat cage, completing schoolwork

Plans for the future? to be either a medical doctor or maybe a counselor/psychologist of some sort

Any comments? no

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 5:08 pm

alex wrote:
the_enigma wrote:
Instrument: clarinet

Oh, cool. That was my instrument. Did you get any good at it? I was playing the Concertino by Karl Maria Von Weber when I was 18...

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 10:06 pm

What is your first name? I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Hobbies and Interests: Travel, reading, anything with an engine and wheels, gadgets, science-y stuff, time travel, anything theoretical or whimsical.

Why are you here? Looking to connect with other Aspies.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Recently self-dx.

Favorite subjects: See interests.

Year/Grade: n/a

Favorite music: Pretty much everything but rap and sappy country music (I like some of it, just not the sappy stuff). Prefer that it not be too loud.

Books: Anything Sci-Fi/Fantasy, especially Robert Heinlein, mystery, humor, basically anything I can get my hands (or eyes) on.

TV shows/Movies: Most recent favorites are Eureka and Warehouse 13 (hence the screen name), older favorite - Northern Exposure. I don't watch very much in the way of current TV or movies because I'm easily visually/aurally overwhelmed.

Instrument: Used to play flute, bassoon, and tenor sax. Dabbled with piano and guitar over the years but never got good at either. Used to be a decent singer, but my voice is kind of blown out with age.

Do you like sports? Meh. Can take or leave football, baseball, basketball. Like to go to hockey games in person, but don't have much opportunity where I live.

Family: My closest family (mom and sister) is a couple thousand miles away. I'm very close with my late fiance's family, who live a couple hundred miles away, but I live alone now.

Clothing: As little as possible in the summer, as much as possible in the winter. Do most of my clothes shopping at the thrift store because pre-worn/pre-washed are much nicer against the skin than the new, starchy ones. Besides, I'm cheap.

How did you find this website? Googled for Asperger's forum.

Job: Tech/engineering.

Plans for the future? To get through today. Rinse and repeat.

Any comments?

TotalDramaPokemon85
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2013, 4:15 pm

What is your first name? Ian Walz

Hobbies and Interests: Thomas the Tank Engine, Yugioh, Pokemon, Call of Duty, Total Drama( A survivor parody), and the supernatural.

Why are you here? I just was curious to interact with other Aspies and feel understood

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): In 3rd Grade

Favorite subjects: Reading,math, and Quiz Bowl

Year/Grade: 9th grade

Favorite music: Rob Zombie, Eminem, and any song that appeals to me.

Books: Horror, Fantasy, Stephen King and real life "supernatural" books

TV shows/Movies: Horror movies, especially Nightmare on Elm Street and Chucky, Zombie Movies, Comedies, and Superhero movies

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? Depends. I like Swimming, Weight lifting, shooting hoops, and riding my bike. not much else.

Family: I live with my father, brother and grandmother. One brother lives a few towns over, and so does my aunt. My mother lives about a half hour away.

Clothing: Most of the time, just Jeans and a shirt, but in summer, I wear tank tops and shorts

How did you find this website? read about it elsewhere

Job: None yet

Plans for the future? To have a published novel and go to MSU at the least.