Page 28 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 360  Next

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2005, 9:10 pm

Oh I don't know Beulah... no green hair, you SURE you're really a witch? *grabs a set of scales and plops you on one seat and a ducky on the other*

8O SHE'S HEAVIER! SHE'S NOT A WITCH!! !

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 8:21 am

Neither of them are a patch on 'Grotbags' anyway! Oh and SHE has green hair but she looks heavier than a duck.

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 2:51 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, Cars, Fitness, Science, Phlosophy,

Why are you here? Would have a clue. Why am I here?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 8 but my parents didn't tell me about it or accept it til I was 16. I didn't accept it until I was 18.

Favorite subjects: Science, English, Maths, History and Phisical Education

Favorite music: Rap, RB, Nu -metal, new rock, pop etc. Most music is good.

Books: Don't read many books don't have the concentration. But one book i did find good was The Crystalids, and Day Of The Triffards by John Windam. Oh and the Kraken Wakes also by John Windam.

TV shows/Movies: Matrix, Train Spotters, Snake Skin Boots, Shanghi Noon

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? Yes but I don't play in any teams or any thing

Family: Evil

Clothing: What ever I think makes me look good.

Job: None.

Plans for the future? To go and study computers at University and then get a job to do with computers.

hidoko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2005, 9:13 pm

What is your first name? hyde

Hobbies and Interests: Third Reich, History, Nationalism, German, Music, Literature, Neurology, Autism, Manga, etc.

Why are you here? Why is the sky blue? OK I'm an aspie and somebody from the lj aspie comm directed me here.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): last year.

Favorite subjects: History! ^_^

Year/Grade: Uni 1st yr.

Favorite music: Rammstein, Pierrot, Ende Neu

Books: Recently I'm heavily nostalgic thinking abt The Little Prince & The Man Who Fell To Earth (by Antoine de St Exupery & Walter-something. Er.)

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV, but my favourite movie is NAPOLA - Hitler's Elite -.

Instrument: Fork & Spoon! (Er, I play a little bit of guitar, but I really mean *A LITTLE* bit. u_u)

Do you like sports? I avoid it like the plague. I only like dunking basketball into the hoop, and that's where it ends. Also, I walk.

Family: I have a little baby clown.... :P

Clothing: Anything cotton, baby!

How did you find this website? Somebody on LJ's Aspie community directed me here since I was looking for other Singaporeans.

Job: HR.

Plans for the future? Finish my Bachelor's Degree.. ..? ;3; I don't have much of a plan for the future, usually when I plan something it always ends up the opposite. I give up planning.

Any comments? YAY! NICE TO MEET YOU! ^_^ Please feel free to message me/talk to me/whatever, I'm also on LJ. I'd especially love to know a) the people who are going to Autreat and b) Singaporeans!

hidoko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2005, 9:17 pm

Civet wrote:
Books: Anything by Neil Gaiman

Yay! I like Neil's works, too. ^_^

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 10:27 pm

Edit: Gone.

Last edited by thatrsdude on 07 Nov 2005, 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 12:31 am

I recently did another post.

Last edited by newchum on 24 Feb 2006, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 12:49 am

Might as well update this thing...

What is your first name? Ian

Hobbies and Interests: Music and everything involved with it, reading and writing fiction, app programming, web design, fixing computers

Why are you here? 42

When were you diagnosed? My guess is somewhere around 11 years old

Favorite subjects: English, computer science, psychology, trigonometry, study hall

Year/Grade: Going into sophomore year of college

Favorite music: Sigur Rós, Broken Social Scene, Mono, Dreamend, Explosions in the Sky, The Arcade Fire, Do Make Say Think, The Chemical Brothers, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Radiohead, M83, Death Cab for Cutie, Doveman, Nick Drake, Wilco, Neutral Milk Hotel, among many many other bands that are sometimes so vastly different from each other it borders on the ridiculous

Books: Anything by Stephen King or by Ernest Hemingway, J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club and Choke, Garth Nix's Shade's Children, Ray Bradbury's Long After Midnight

TV shows/Movies: Don't watch TV. Some of my favorite movies are Vanilla Sky, Pi, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, 12 Monkeys, Trainspotting, The Matrix, The Abyss, Terminator 2, Elephant, Saw, Donnie Darko, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, The Paper Bag Man, The Happy Drinking Bird, 28 Days Later

Instrument: Kazoo

Do you like sports? Not particularly, but I won't deny that I flipped out out when the Red Sox won the World Series.

Family: Got an older brother and two... *counts*... yep, two parents.

Clothing: An unmarked black t-shirt and jeans pretty much all the time

How did you find this website? Followed a link on Wikipedia while researching AS

Job: Fixin' computers

Plans for the future? First, write the great American novel. Then I think I'll go downstairs and get a Dr Pepper.

Any comments? Perhaps...

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2005, 4:33 pm

What is your first name? Todd

Hobbies and Interests: cars, woodworking, writing, music

Why are you here? Mostly to talk with others like me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not officially diagnosed. My daughter was diagnosed a year ago with AS and her psychologist and others have said its very likely I have it too.

Favorite subjects: physics

Year/Grade: Associate degree in Biomedical Electronics

Favorite music: all except country and rap

Books: action/adventure, sci-fi

TV shows/Movies: TV-According to Jim, Dharma&Greg, Andromeda, Hercules.
Movies-Smokey and the Bandit, Oscar, The Holy Grail

Instrument: stereo

Do you like sports? Football, drag racing

Family: wife (37, married 18yrs), daughter (4yrs)

Clothing: if I must

How did you find this website? Unfortunately, from a news article about the Los Angeles shooting

Job: repair medical equipment for a clinical lab

Plans for the future? The future rarely does what I tell it to. However, I'm working on a novel that I would like to get published.

Any comments?

McJeff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2005, 2:31 am

What is your first name? Jeff

Hobbies and Interests: Pro Wrestling, writing, music, Tolkien-esque fantasy

Why are you here? Cos I have AS

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I think it was been September 04, might've been '03 though.

Favorite subjects: In school? Earth Sciences, Creative Writing

Year/Grade: not in school right now

Favorite music: Hard Rock and some metal. Favorite genres are Stoner Rock (though I'm not a stoner) and Power Metal. Favorite bands include Dog Fashion Disco, Orange Goblin, Black Label Society, sHEAVY, Elvenking, Falconer, Sonata Arctica, sometimes Metallica,

Books: LOTR Trilogy, early Xanth series (let's say through book 12), Dragonlance. I need to expand my book reading selection

TV shows/Movies: Almost nothing. Sometimes I watch The Simpsons, but I catch it maybe once every other week now. The last movie I watched was Return of the King, and before that The Two Towers... I hardly ever watch movies.

Instrument: Piano. Playing it's a big hobby of mine. Also taken voice and cello, and a little bit of guitar.

Do you like sports? I like to play football and soccer when I'm in shape to keep up.

Family: One parent (mother), one girlfriend, one cousin

Clothing: Either jeans and a T-shirt, or khakis and a Hawaiian shirt. Sometimes jeans and a Hawaiian shirt or khakis and a T-shirt, just for kicks.

How did you find this website? I've already forgotten... seriously.

Job: Unemployed currently. Off-and-on-again assistant manager of an apartment complex.

Plans for the future? none... part of the reason I'm here, actually.

JSL
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2005, 9:51 am

What is your first name?
Jonathan

Hobbies and Interests:
Science, Exercise

Why are you here?
To find people I can relate to.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
Feb2002

Favorite subjects:
Biology

Year/Grade:
Open Uiversity, started in September

Favorite music:
Metal

Books:
Reading, The Biology of Plasmids

TV shows/Movies:
TV: Dr Who(modern version), QI, House, Lost, Stargate
Movies: Pi, Xmen1 and 2, hulk, Ringu trilligy (japanese verion), Battle Royal (japanese),

Do you like sports?
Exercise yes, sport no.

Family:
Sister, parents divorced

Clothing:
Black long sleeve top, jeans, hiking boots

How did you find this website?
Internet search

Job:
Volunteer

Plans for the future?
Recluse, Research Scientist.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 11:53 am

I see ViVi still hasn't posted her answers...

*points ominous finger and brings attention back to ViVi*

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Featherways
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2005, 1:56 pm

Sorry - haven't answered all the questions.

A lady never reveals her age! :lol: But it's "older than 30"

Hobbies and Interests:
Science, cars, statistics, animals, helping other people who've had appalling childhoods.

Why are you here?
in search of answers and to find somewhere in the world that doesn't seem like "another planet".

Haven't been formally diagnosed but can tick nearly every box on the diagnosis sheets. Only realised a few short weeks ago, but the rest of life makes SO much more sense now.

Books:
Terry Pratchett, the Bible, anything scientific, some SF and Fantasy

TV shows/Movies:
Time Team, gardening programmes, car programmes, Dr Who, Star Trek. Movies - Men in Black, Terminator, Hitch

Do you like sports?
To watch, yes, e.g. Rugby, dressage. I have arthritis so I cannot play sport.

Family:
Married to someone who is also undiagnosed as having AS, one teenage child.

Internet search

Job:
I co-run a business with my husband, which has been running for six years now. It gives consultancy advice to people.

Sunflower
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2005, 1:43 am

Well, this sounds like a good place to make my first post. :)

What is your first name?
Shana

The ever-so-beautiful Texas hill country, about an hour north of San Antonio. Grew up in Kansas City, and I'm still quite a bit homesick, almost four years after leaving.

Hobbies and Interests:
Computers (particuarly gaming), my pets, mythology, fantasy literature, psychology

Why are you here?
To seek the holy grail! ;) j/k... This seems to me like a great place to share thoughts and feelings with other people that can relate.

I haven't had a "true" diagnosis; I first learned about Asperger's in January 2004, and right away felt like I was reading my life story. I spoke with my last psychologist about it, and she said that she was pretty sure I had it, but sadly, I moved out of state before I could get an official diagnosis. I'm still looking for a doctor well-versed with Asperger's that I like in this area.

Favorite subjects:
I loved mythology and psychology, of course... I also enjoyed sociology and chorus.

Year/Grade:
Left school halfway through my senior year (long story...); I hope to attain my GED by June of 2006 (I've been putting it off too long now!)

Favorite music:
Mainly modern rock, with a weakness for ABBA. Current favorite band is Bowling For Soup - catchy tunes and witty lyrics.

Books:
Path of Fate/Path of Honor by Diana Pharaoh Francis (anxiously awaiting Path of Blood!), Harry Potter series (Ms. Rowling is such a brilliant author, which a way with expressing a story like no other). While I read mainly fantasy, I also enjoy non-fiction, especially biographies and diaries.

TV shows/Movies:
I'm not a big movie person, but I'm a huge fan of Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli - Spirited Away and Porco Rosso are my two favorite films.
As for TV: Family Guy, The Simpsons, That 70s Show, Airline, Family Plots, I Love The (70s/80s/90s), American Idol... stuff like that.

Instrument:
Does voice count? I'm a first soporano... however, it's been ages since I've sung for an audience.

Do you like sports?
Not really. I follow the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Antonio Spurs, though, just because.

Family:
Immediate family is mother, stepfather, younger brother, two stepbrothers, and a half-sister I never met (and possibly more half-siblings; my real father was in and out of my life, and I have not seen him in nine years). Extended family is concentrated mostly in Texas and Missouri (mother's side, of course).

Clothing:
Casual and comfy.

Random browsing. :)

Job:
Currently none.

Plans for the future?
Excluding world domination *grin*, I would like to finally get my GED, then go to college. I'm not sure exactly what my major will end up being, nor do I have any idea what kind of job I'd like to get into (would really prefer the video game industry, but I've heard that's quite tough to get into these days).

Any comments?
Lovely site here, and I look forward to visiting and posting here more often. :)

CDRhom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2005, 3:51 pm

What is your first name? Wulff

Hobbies and Interests: Restoring houses of the 1880's - 1940's, Auto racing, Table top RPG's, Computers

Why are you here? Social reasons

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 1995

Favorite subjects: Theoretical math, Thoretical physics, Thoretical computing (I seem to do better with abstract concepts)

Year/Grade: 3rd year grad student

Favorite music: Techno/industrial, Jethro Tull, Alan Parsons Project, Trans Siberian Railroad

Books: Yes

TV shows/Movies: Disaster films (Twister, The Core, The Day After Tomorrow), Adventure (XXX, Sahara), Science Fiction, Anime

Instrument: SPECT Scanner

Do you like sports? I like Three Day Eventing, Archery, and college football (Don't tell the other nerds, they will kick me out of Math Club)

Family: 1 husband, 2 sons, 1 dog, 2 rats, and 5 fish

Clothing: Jeans, tee-shirts & sneakers

How did you find this website? Something good that came from William Freund's unfortunate meltdown. (the AP article)

Job: Student Reseach Assistant in Nuclear Medicine/ Graduate Student

Plans for the future? Lots, many of them terrifying to the Luddites. :)

Any comments?

stellacotton
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Nov 2005, 5:18 pm

What is your first name?
stella

Originally-St Louis,Mo. Currently Phoenix,AZ.

Hobbies and Interests:
Sportbikes-when Im not riding-Im thinking about riding! Fillers I enjoy when not riding include...internet,XBOX,NETfliX,Ebay,Current Events,Fox News,True Crime and Texas Holdem' Poker. Cant wait to get a chess game going-anyone game? :wink:

Why are you here?
Great minds think alike...Birds of a feather etc...lol Perhaps a deep seeded need to belong can finally be filled by those who have AS too. If not well, riding my bike doesnt require any socialization, I can even pay at the pump.lol

Self diagnosed Sept. of this year(05)-I feel as though a great weight has been lifted. Ive always marched to the beat of a different drummer and now I know why. Ive done alot of research and have come to the conclusion my father has AS too.

Favorite music:
MUSE!! NIN,The Vines,Distillers,Gorillaz,My Chemical Romance,The Cure,Garbage,Snake River Conspiracy,Lords of Acid,Daft Punk,Beastie Boys+++

Books:
Anne Rice-Interview w/ Vampire series, George Orwells-1984 & Animal Farm,Stephen King-anything. My novel reading has greatly reduced in past years with the invention of the desktop and Xbox.lol my attention span has reduced greatly as well.lol Im more of a magazine reader now and those would include..Sportbike rider,RoadRacerX and Elle.

TV shows/Movies:
Survivor,RealWorld,Surreal Life(Although I generally deny watching them!)Cold Case Files,American Justice,The First 48,Psychic Detective,Most Haunted rules! :lol: Movies...Sci-fi,Horror,Indy,Japanese and a few musicals.

Instrument:
Compulsive finger tapper and foot shaker.

Do you like sports?
Spectator mainly MotoGP,Ultimate Fighter,Boxing,Horse Racing. Generally, if the skies are clear I prefer to ride,rather than watch.

Family:
Commited but not married-and no kids.

Clothing:
Decisions-Decisions!

Web Search

Job:
I work.

Plans for the future?
Re-living my past! :P

Any comments?
Et tu, Brute?