Page 288 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291 ... 360  Next

laurasd
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Nov 2015, 1:11 pm

What is your first name?
Laura
Hobbies and Interests:
Architecture/ Houses and Castles/ Religion and mythology
Why are you here?
Make new friends :)
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
this year

Favorite subjects:
Religion

Year/Grade:
First year of university.

Favorite music:
Like most music.
Books:
Unsure. Mainly factual books.

TV shows/Movies:
don't really watch TV or movies that much.

Instrument:
Piano, Saxophone and Clarinet.
Do you like sports?
not paticularly

Family:
2 bros with Asperger's.
Mum and dad.

How did you find this website?
looking online for an Asperger's forum

Job:
none. Work on my university work in my spare time.
Plans for the future?

Any comments?

Juggynaut
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2015, 3:45 am

First Name: Jerald

Hobbies and Interests: Gaming, Reading, Writing, Politics, Stocks, Fantastical Stories, Mythologies, Baking, Drawing, ect.

Why are you here?: I honestly have no idea. To interact with people like me? To provide input for people's problems? To simply describe myself out of a sense of vanity? I haven't the faintest clue.

When were you diagnosed?: During the summer. Maybe when I was a Sophomore in High School?

Favorite Subjects: Creative Writing, History, Culinary, Accounting.

Year/Grade: I'm a Senior in High School. 12th Grade.

Favorite Music: Anything that has a deep meaning behind it. Although, as a whole, I like Classical the most.

Books: Oh, I've read many, although I have no completed many series. I'd say my favorites are the Pendragon and Tapestry series. The first books of American Gods and Dragon Crown are also good, although I've only read the first. I also like the Sherlock Holmes and Harry Potter series as well.

TV Shows/Movies: In terms of TV Shows, I am quite a drifter. By myself, I'd say my favorite shows are the anime "Pet Girl of Sarukasou" "Serial Expirements Lain" and "Shiki". (Not a Weaboo, or Otaku or whatever anime fans call themselves) With others, I enjoy Gotham and American Horror Story. My favorite movie that I can remember is Howl's Moving Castle. Also, I quite enjoy a good documentary, be it with others or by myself.

Instrument: I can play a form of drums I've pegged "Conversion". Simply put, I can take lyrics and other instruments (Some, like electric piano, don't work. However, normal piano and string instruments are usually easy) and convert them to drum beats using my mind. I can't play normal drums, though.

Do You Like Sports?: Not particularly, although I do enjoy a sport called Boffing.

Family: I have lots. We are more like a clan than a family, though. It's hard to put to words.

Clothing: I prefer button ups and flannels over a T shirt, closed. Also, over the button ups I like to wear wool coats, sports coats and regular jackets, almost always open. For pants, I prefer jeans and slacks. For shoes, boots, running shoes and sneakers are my forte.

How did you find this Website?: Don't remember.

Job: I hope to be an accountant. Right now I'm simply a student.

Plans For the Future: To get an accounting job and move to an apartment that is within walking distance from my work and/or a grocery store.

Comments: Please don't try to kill me if you're a serial killer. 8O

Praise the sun.

SpookyMarilyn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2015, 10:26 pm

What is your first name?: London~ City of England

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, Gothic/Cutesy Fashion, Sweets, Scary things, Cute things.

Why are you here? I have Asperger's, and probably OCD as well. (Then again, the latter may just be my psychology student senses tingling, but that's just me. :nerdy: )

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed probably around the ages of 2-4, but I can't remember entirely.

Favorite subjects: Biology, Anatomy, Drawing, Home Ec, Music, Lunch. XD

Year/Grade: 8th Grader.

Favorite music: Industrial Metal, Gothic Metal, Goth Rock, J-Rock, J-Pop, Emo...Holy heck would this take forever. 8O

Books: Harry Potter

TV shows/Movies: Death Note, Black Butler, Ouran High School Host Club, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Soul Eater, K-On.

Instrument: The Vocal Chords :P

Do you like sports? Nah.

Family: Mom, dad, and my little sissy who also has Autism. ; v ;

Clothing: I usually just wear a band or anime tee shirt, skinny jeans, and my sneakers, but that's really only because I don't have a lot of money to spend.

How did you find this website? I just randomly googled "musicians you have crushes on" or something along those lines, and scrolled through various forum sites until I came across this one. Upon getting on the website, I took a quick gander at what it was about, and joined~

Job: Student.

Plans for the future? I wanna be a fashion designer or maybe a musician. Maybe a graphic artist? I dunno. As long as it's not math I'll do it.

Any comments? Nope~

name10000
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2015, 3:15 am

What is your first name?
Celeste

Hobbies and Interests:
Art & music, science, nature, animals, and more art & music!

Why are you here?
I have aspergers, I wanted to find people to talk to, that maybe actually want to talk to me..

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
No official diagnosis, only recently discovered/realized

Favorite music:
Rock, experimental, metal, classical, funk, electronic, alternative, indie, blues, jazz, progressive, punk, grunge.... pretty much anything... and the red hot chili peppers....

Books:
Non-fiction relating to music/art/science/nature/space/animals
Picture books
Graphic Novels

TV shows/Movies:
I don't really like watching movies, I tend to get really bored sitting still for that long, unless it's really interesting to me.
Comedy: Bob's Burgers, the IT crowd and the office - US version
Drama: Breaking Bad

Instrument:
Used to play bass guitar, attempting to teach self guitar now.

Do you like sports?
:lol:

Family:
Husband & dog-babies

Clothing:
Ummmm.... I don't know what you mean...

How did you find this website?
Same way I find any other website, Google

Job:
Nope, recently left due to inability to function well enough

Plans for the future?
Artist/illustrator.... My future plans change all the time

Any comments?
Nope

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2015, 3:50 am

What is your first name?
Chris

Hobbies and Interests:
Wrestling, Ballet, Performing arts

Why are you here? To contribute, I hope.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Primary diagnosis of Sensory Processing Disorder (some years ago), with H.F.A. secondary, not yet officially been diagnosed "Aspie", but I know as H.F.A. that I have a lot of traits.

Favorite subjects: ART

Year/Grade: Out of school for decades, still act like 4th grader.

Favorite music: 60's-70's classic rock

Books: Non-fiction

TV shows/Movies: Old variety shows, musicals, slapstick comedies.

Instrument: Drummed years ago for "metal" band, otherwise a regular Karaoke singer.

Do you like sports? Wrestling, Boxing, Football-The American kind preferred over soccer.

Family: Household consists of myself, my spouse, one ASD kid, three chihuahuas and a cat.

Clothing: Androgynous, and very juvenile.

How did you find this website? Surfing for info on dealing with small talk and AS way back in 2005.

Job: Music Supervisor, Brittian Taylor Productions. Also operate my own mobile disc jockey service.

Plans for the future? New gig in spring? New pair of hearing aids. My ears are trashed from too many years of D.J'ing among other things and my currant aids could use upgrade. Also need stomach tumour taken out, but Drs. put that on hold after discovering a potential cardiac condition (Left Ventricular Hypertrophy). In the meantime, I want to see a dentist for bridges and silver caps on remaining teeth.

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2015, 10:26 pm

Name: Craig.

Hobbies and Interests: I'm a jack of all interests, but a master of none.

Why are you here: My intended purpose was to mend the relationship between my parents, and for a time I achieved that goal. Ultimately, I may not have achieved the goal that they wanted, but helped them achieve the goal that the needed. My life matured them, and brought purpose, a purpose that pushed them to better there standard of living, and newer and better job opportunities. The purpose to why I am here fulfilled long ago, I now seek new meaning and understanding in this great big world.

When were you diagnosed: A long time ago, longer now than it seemed.

Favorite subjects: Autism and sociology are my favorite subjects of discussion.

Year/Grade: I've been at College for a long time now, education at the college level is 100% free in Scotland, I've been permitted to study a large variety of courses..

Favorite music: Most things with a slow tempo, that cries out to the soul and warms the heart.

Books: Mostly fantasy and science fiction.

TV shows/Movies: Mostly cartoons, drama, fantasy, historical, Japanese animation and science fiction

Instrument: The grand piano, though I imagine a keyboard do just as well.

Do you like sports? Yes.

Family: An entire Clan.

Clothing: Many styles, most are quite unique. Example: http://www.high-clothing.com/Singlet/Fu ... et_big.jpg

How did you find this website? A friend told me about it, many years ago.

Job: Student

Plans for the future? A future in the Aeroponics industry.

Any comments? Off the top of my head? No.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2015, 7:41 am

I've started writing here in 2010, and stopped at about 2011 or so I think, so I must've already answered that. Still, I would like to again, if it's okay. Perhaps my answers will be different this time:

What is your first name? Omer

Hobbies and Interests: Politics, History, American Football, Music, Languages

Why are you here? Because I want to be somewhere I could belong, and feel that people can understand me, perhaps

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): First time? 2011, I think. But I've been through several therapists. With my current one, whom I'm seeing for the last 3.5 years, I didn't insist on it at first, as he didn't quite see it. Now when I felt it must be addressed, he agrees, certainly after knowing me better than some first impression. He also apologised for being quick to judge otherwise, although he doesn't even remember. Probably because I just mentioned it during our first meetings, and he didn't want to talk about it just then, so I left it. I like him. I know that therapists aren't really taught a lot about Asperger's, and he's really great with me. He doesn't tell me what I think like other therapists, just offers some explanations, and trusts me to give those suggestions a thought.

Favorite subjects: Same as hobbies and interests, no?

Year/Grade: Finished high school long ago.

Favorite music: John Frusciante, I think? But lots of different genres.

Books: Trainspotting.

TV shows/Movies: Borgen, Broen, Forbrydelsen, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, South Park, Oz, The Wire, Breaking Bad, some Israeli fans, and of course others I forgot right now.

Instrument: Bass Guitar.

Do you like sports? I have zero motor skills. I would have liked to, however. I enjoy watching some sports.

Family: Parents and two sisters whom I love very much.

Clothing: "Smart". I like striped/checkered buttoned shirts, and jeans, mostly.

How did you find this website? Can't remember.

Job: Unemployed.

Plans for the future? None. Would love to be a linguist.

Any comments? Don't think so.

Taraneh
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Dec 2015, 7:59 pm

I cant copy Paste that questions so i write from memory

First Name Janis
Age 33
Location Germany
Why you here i am looking for people to ralk to and ask questions
Diagnose Not yet testihg in january
Hobbys and interrests Art Painting making Music needlefelting feminism ancient cultures Alternative Healing Crystals paganism
Music Rock Punk Gothic Folk World rap some electro
Do you like Sports no except riding but i cant bc im overweight
Familiy mother with New Partner 2 younger sisters fathee
Instruments dulcimer flutes harp didgeridoo framedrums keyboard iPad synths
Clothing comfortable colourful ethno Alternative stuff Made from wool
Job none bc of different disability
Books Fantasy comics nonfictional
How did you find this Website? Twitter

dowekeller
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2015, 2:09 am

What is your first name? Dowe

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, computer programming, reading, writing, photography

Why are you here? Something to do?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): a couple years ago.

Favorite subjects: history, literature, science.

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: I'm musically omnivorous, I like disco, rock, pop, some country and folk, as well as classical.

Books: Greg Bear's "Eon", Steve Wozniak and Gina Smith's "iWoz", Douglas Addams HHGTTG, Isaac Asimov's Foundation series and his robot stories.

TV shows/Movies: Star Wars, anything Marvel has released lately, Ghost in the Machine, Stand Alone Complex.

Instrument: I love music but have no talent so no opinion.

Do you like sports? Not terribly, maybe motorsport a tiny bit, I used to shoot a bow.

Family: I have one thanks.

Clothing: I love nice clothes, unfortunately in my current job I wear a uniform, so I don't get to dress up often.

How did you find this website? I think my mother told me about seeing it on another AS website.

Job: security guard

Plans for the future? World domination!

EnglishAspienGirl92
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Dec 2015, 12:31 pm

What is your first name? Jessica-Roisin (it's hypernated).

Hobbies and Interests: I'm a Christian so my faith is important to me, I love reading and writing, listening to music, fantasy/Sci-Fi TV shows and movies, I like Marvel, and I like talking to others like me.

Why are you here? To listen to others that struggle with aspergers like myself and talk because it can be hard to connect with most of the neurotypicals in my life.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was about 11/12 so about 10, 11 years ago.

Favorite subjects: IT, English, Media, Drama.

Favorite music: Adele, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Charlie Puth, Meghan Trainor, classic rock, musicals.

Books: Romance, Comedy, Drama.

TV shows/Movies: Supergirl, Agents of Shield, The Flash, Agent Carter, Marvel superhero films, Modern Family, Grandfathered, any disney films, romantic comedies and sci fi like star trek.

Instrument: Does my voice count? I like to sing.

Do you like sports? Rollerskating and ice skating.

Family: I live with my mum, brother and cousin. My brother also has aspergers.

Clothing: Anything comfortable but I love to dress up as well, particularly girlie, sparkly dresses.

How did you find this website? came upon it when I was looking up AS-AS relationships.

Job: I volunteer a bit at the moment.

Plans for the future? I'm not too sure really.

Any comments?

I hope that others on here will feel comfortable to reach out and talk to me now and then and to learn about the experiences of others.

Hermus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2015, 2:45 am

What is your first name? Ashley

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, walking, swimming, internet, rock music

Why are you here? I have an autism spectrum disorder (differently diagnosed as aspie/PDD-NOS, so personally I'm glad that they got rid of the distinction in DSM-5).

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): not sure exactly, somewhere in my early 20s

Favorite subjects: Political science

Year/Grade: Master student

Favorite music: Punk rock and folk

Books: Most work by J.M. Coetzee, Harry Mulisch (a Dutch writer) and horror novels

TV shows/Movies: Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Black Mirror

Instrument: Trying to learn guitar

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Actively swimming, walking and running. Watching darts.

Family: A mom. A dad who we heavily suspect of being on the spectrum, although the diagnosis wasn't well-known when he was young. A younger brother and an elder sister.

Clothing: Mostly casual/slightly alternative

How did you find this website? Looking for answers to some questions concerning dating

Job: Don't have one, but I hope to work for an organization that shares my strong political convictions.

Plans for the future? Sleeping with some more women and in the end ending up in a long-term relationship with one of them :mrgreen:

Any comments? Love the icebreaker, very well designed :)

Alessa33
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2015, 2:10 pm

What is your first name? Alessa

Hobbies and Interests: Language, writing, reading, esoteric, conspiracy, nature

Why are you here? I have mild Asperger's Syndrome and can pass as NT in most situations but still find it difficult. I've come here to find like minded people to talk to.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was about 8 or 9.

Favorite subjects: Dutch language, Germanic Languages, esoteric subjects

Favorite music: Hip Hop/R&B, Rock, Reggae etc.

Books: Inkheart

TV shows/Movies: Family Guy, Outlander, Johnny Depp films, The Matrix etc.

Instrument: A tiny bit of Keyboard

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Swimming, walking, yoga.

Family: They live in my home country of England

Clothing: Comfy clothing e.g hoodies, jeans, trainers

How did you find this website? Google

Job: N/A

Plans for the future? Don't know

Any comments? Nope. :)

JR3d
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jan 2016, 10:47 am

What is your first name? Jared

Hobbies and Interests:movies, TV shows, video games, reading, drawing, mix martial arts, pro wrestling, physics, anime, comics, sci-fi, history, random facts, and im pretty sure there's other things i can't remember

Why are you here? ive been alone with AS for a long time now i want to reach out to others.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Age 9

Favorite subjects: History and math

Year/Grade: college 2013

Favorite music: anything worth listening to mainly stick to rock especially the classics

Books: my favorite authors are Dan Brown, George RR Martin, i like fantasy, sci fi and mystery books

TV shows/Movies: too many to name

Instrument: a bit of bass guitar

Do you like sports? yes mix martial arts, and pro wrestling

Family:they i live on my own but they're around close by

Clothing:i usually ask myself, in the matter of what to wear, " if i was attacked by ninjas, or something, can i fight in this, and still look good doing so?" and i just pretty much go off from there.

How did you find this website? same as everything else google

Job:freelance graphic designer, and indy pro wrestler

Plans for the future? to be happy

Any comments? curiosity killed the cat, if its Schrodinger's cat curiosity kept it alive too

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 4:33 pm

What is your first name? Jess

Hobbies and Interests: The internet, movies (mostly animated or superhero movies), TV shows (Mostly action shows or cartoons), and music.

Why are you here? I actually had an account here before. But I wanted a fresh start, and a new name, so I had it closed and made a new account. Yes, I gave up all of my posts and my status of being a member for 4 years just for a new name and a fresh start.

When were you diagnosed?: Apparently I was diagnosed at 4, but I wasn't aware of it until I was 9. It explained a lot.

Favorite subjects: I don't know. I liked Music the most when I was back in school.

Year/Grade: I'm in my first year of a university-level course.

Favorite music: There's just too much and I don't really want to name anything right now.

Books: I can't remember the title of every book I read!!

TV shows/Movies: You'll find out more if you look around this forum, specifically in the TV and Film forum.

Instrument: I used to play the guitar a lot, but now I don't really have the time.

Do you like sports? Not really.

Family: I have so many family members, it would take ages to list them all. But I live with my Mum and my brother and sister, who have a different Dad to me but my Mum made him leave and is trying to get divorced.

Clothing: I wear all sorts of clothes. Usually whatever I feel comfortable in. Recently, I've liked wearing long-sleeped striped tops.

How did you find this website? My Dad wanted me to join and Aspergers forum.

Job: I don't have a job yet.

Plans for the future? I want to make sound effects for film/TV. I think it's very interesting and creative.

Any comments? Not really.

JTheBoop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2016, 5:47 pm

Oh jolly, do i have things to blab about! (not really lol)
What is your first name?: Jean

Hobbies and Interests: Mostly geeky stuff, anime, gaming, music, movies, computers, the internet in general. Nothing too mind blowing, really. :nerdy:

I am craving into these kind of things, i gotten myself great friends/aspies who have the same craving into these thing, and i work/live with them pretty much everyday. Being into that subject, as a hobby, i am also a indie dev who occasionally works on game projects with friends (i've done work for some projects in the past). I am also a hobbyist artist & retro gamer, i draw various things sometimes when i feel like it, mostly cartoony things, but you get the point.

Why are you here? Simply to feel less alone being different in this big world. 8O

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I've been diagnosed as autistic at around 2 years old, but it wasn't until i was 10-ish that i've been officially diagnosed as Aspergers. (consdering the whole change between aspergers and autism that happened a few years ago)

Favorite subjects: Like i've said, it's mostly :nerdy: geek stuff, but i guess it depends on the subject you're talking about. :mrgreen:

Year/Grade: Secondary 4 (Canadian Grade System)

Favorite music: Orchestra, Electronic, House, Jazz, bitTune, etc.

Books: I am not someone who usually reads large novels or even books that much, but if i've had a suggestion, i'd say it would be the sherlock holmes novels. ;)

TV shows/Movies: I enjoy alot of shows/movies but i'd say my favs would be either be things like Futurama, Rick & Morty, MLP:FIM, Community, My Name Is Earl, Raising Hope, Nichijou, Space Dandy, Don Bluth Movies, Young Frankenstein (or any of the Mel Brookes films, gold), Avengers/Batman, 80s flicks, Disney, Horror Films, etc.

Do you like sports?: I'm not someone who does alot of sports, but i enjoy sports like Baseball or Hockey. I also used to have a fascination with extreme sports like Skateboarding and Surf due to me being a huge fan of Tony Hawk when i was younger, but i guess time changed.

Family: My family is mostly constituted of a nuclear family, although i do have various distant relatives from both sides. I live aside with my parents, and i happen to have a younger sister with almost the same interests as me, but she somehow happens to be seen as older than i am :lol:

Clothing: I wear a variety of clothing, but i happen to wear black alot tho, i don't know why, maybe i just enjoy how it looks on me.

How did you find this website?: I've been on this site before, but it's not until recently that i've decided to rejoin it back and be active again ;)

Job: Mostly a half-time student atm, yet TO HAVE a job.... :lol:

Plans for the future? I'd like to try and work with companies for tech or similar. I feel like i'd be rather dedicated/qualified in this kind of thing :lol:

Any comments? None, really. :D

Professionally diagnosed Aspergers
Ambivert
Obsessed on computers, animation, anthro, MLP, gaming, and such.
Proudly Bi / Pansexual
Boop!

ahjfcshfghb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2016, 12:53 am

What is your first name? Filip

Hobbies and Interests: Gameshows, Coin collecting, Political geography, Video games, to a certain extent anime

Why are you here? To meet likeminded people and to trade tips on how to manage Aspergers.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Mid- 2015, Aspergers and OCD

Favorite subjects: History, IT, Languages

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: It varies, emphasis is mainly on individual songs rather than artists. Generally though I like older rock/alternative music.

Books: Lord of the flies, Lord of the Rings, Metro 2033/2034/2035 (when translated), Catcher in the Rye, Winds of War

TV shows: South Park (! !!), Weakest Link, Jeopardy!, Mirai Nikki, Sword Art Online (both are animes), Game of Thrones, Wife Swap

Movies: Borat, Airplane!, Sherlock movies, Life of Brian/Holy Grail, Guardians of the Galaxy

Instrument: Don't play any

Do you like sports? I like watching them (biathlon, hockey, soccer) but not particularly doing them.

Family: Mother, stepmother, sister

Clothing: Uh... Usually a hoodie and jeans

How did you find this website? Google search

Job: Currently working at Mcdonald's. Not something I like doing, but it makes me richer.

Plans for the future? Visit all 196 countries. Go on a gameshow. Get a college degree in the US, either in statistics international relations or IT.

Any comments? Hi.