Page 290 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293 ... 360  Next

Signlady
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2016, 8:31 pm

This seems like an awful lot of questions but I'm game to attempt to answer them ... unfortunately, the alleged smart phone would not let me copy and paste all the Q's, not can I see them as I reply ...
I'm very sorry if I miss any - in retrospect, I COULDA written them on paper to reference ...

I go by the name Signlady, obviously a female.
I have been a sign painter since around 1986, then got a job in a sign shop & apprenticed about 2 years, became fully self-employeed in 1989.
It's a good gig bc I inadvertently developed a fairly useable script and the necessary interaction with people is minimal - I get to be alone a lot. :wink:
I'm 53 years old.

My hobbies are playing guitar, doing funky art with found and/or recycled objects, being outdoors, watching DVD movies, and in-depth study of the bible, & hanging out with my lab (black lab ridiculously named Forest by my daughter, whom I mostly call buddy)
I also like studying the Asperger things ...

After about 50 years of being reprimanded for bluntness, excessive talking, not working well with others', being told I was 'different, think different, odd, unique, unusually gifted, highly intelligent, playing dumb, not paying attention, etc etc etc
I realized I was a complete puzzle without a picture to go by.

Then clues came into my life over the last 30 months until I read a little about Asperger's Syndrome...
Then I found and took some on-line tests and discovered the only picture that ever perfectly matched the puzzle . . .

Many things became so clear.

I came here thru a link AlexShaw left on musingsofanaspie, another forum which gave me a place to identify and discover that I am not the only person stuck on the wrong planet in Alabama.

I pretty much could care less about appearance, but I have to sometimes for my daughters. I like to shop at thrift stores bc the clothes are usually well worn and no longer itchy. Yet, I am tailor & fashion oriented bc I am naturally drawn to well-made tailored clothes.
I am mostly comfortable in my paint clothes and workboots throughout the day . . .

Thank you for this forum.

I hope to be able to share and participate constructively here on this amazing journey.

Unfortunately, I CAN be given to much typing and at least you know I'm aware of it. I WILL attempt to keep comments at a minimum and long ones at least laced with enough humor and insight to be interesting until the subject point is made . . .

I am not bummed out in anyway by knowing I have Aspergers, although I did go thru a depression realizing my late mom (and dad too) would never know why they were always so frustrated and angry with me my whole childhood and why I was in trouble since kindergarten and ultimately quit schooI and left home at 16.

In her words, Kay, sera sera.

In fact, I am quite relieved by discovering Asperger's and thrilled to know I have a uniquely gifted mind and to finally understand my life navigation skills of script-developing are quite normal within my 'syndrome' and I am in fact, NOT a big phoney, but inadvertently trained myself to be socially functioning (mostly) and at least avoid more & more reprimands as the years go on.

Whew.

TMI? :roll:

My personal shop motto of the past 28 years, on every truck I've owned is:

Look Like a Girl
Act Like a Lady
Think Like a Man
Work Like a Dog

It has served me well, and pretty much sums up me.

Thanx again for being here.

aspieapostle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2016, 12:13 pm

What is your first name? Angela

Hobbies and Interests: playing guitar, graphic design

Why are you here? Support and education

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): December 2015 (unofficial but have an assessment soon)

Favorite subjects: English and science

Year/Grade: 120 college credits (no degree)

Favorite music: depends on my mood....anything between classical and praise & worship, some oldies.

Books: The Scriptures, almost anything by Joyce Meyer, non-fiction (especially natural health subjects)

TV shows/Movies: Star Trek (all of them), crime/investigation (such as CSI), medical shows (I.e.:Grey's Anatomy)

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? not really but I was the only girl on the football team in middle school.

Family: five grown children, three Aspies and two with tendencies.

Clothing: Levi's and T-shirts (I dress up when I have to but quickly change when home)

How did you find this website? Watching a documentary on Aspergers/Autism the creator of Wrong Planet was on the show so I looked it up and here I am.

Job: a gazillions that never last. I realize that to me, a job is an opportunity to learn and once I learn I move on, or I enjoy the job because I'm always learning but I get fired for being "rude, abrupt, abrasive, etc." which I never mean to be, I'm just very honest and want to help.

Plans for the future? I have designed programs for transitional housing for homeless women and children, especially those with disabilities (which I prefer the word 'inabilities'), I designed programs called Orphan to Orphan and Bondage Breakers International and would like to see them grow globally. I have a publishing company (magazines) that I would like to see grow. I don't know how to "grow things" I only know how to start them. Marketing, although I know how it is done, is a real issue for me, can cause panic attacks just thinking of cold calling, much less going out to talk to people I don't know. So, my plans for the future I want to learn how to overcome my challenges and be a success.

Any comments? Thank you for being here, Wrong Planet. :D

Kileyhorror
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Feb 2016, 7:18 pm

What is your first name? Kiley

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, sketching, coloring, painting, photography, communications media technology, nature, horror movies and books, reading, writing, music, etc.

Why are you here? I am curious if I possibly may have Asperger's syndrome.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects: Art, History

Year/Grade: 10th grade, sophomore in high school and in tech school.

Favorite music: Rock, alternative, indie, pop-rock, metal, metalcore, etc.

Books: Fiction, preferably under the horror genre, possibly a sci-fi/fantasy book.

TV shows/Movies: Orange is the New Black, Grey's Anatomy, Bob'b Burgers, South Park, Face Off, Project Runway.

Instrument: I've only played the violin and the cello.

Do you like sports? It depends. I like working out with my own routine, and I only like basketball and soccer.

Family: 2 parents who are still married, a half-sister.

Clothing: Generally a band t-shirt, black hoodie/jacket, skinny jeans, and sneakers.

How did you find this website? My therapist recommended me to visit.

Job: Currently unemployed.

Plans for the future? To go to college, become either a: director, film editor, special effects artist, or a tattoo artist.

Any comments? I hope that I could possibly interact with someone who has been diagnosed with Asperger's, preferably someone around my age and same gender, as so my therapist recommended me to do.

mathew ASPIE ward
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Feb 2016, 9:39 pm

What is your first name? mathew

Hobbies and Interests: Rugby league uk politics pro wrestling

Why are you here? I have aspergers

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): OCTOBER 2014

Favorite subjects: When I was in school it was history and P.E

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: I like Musical Theatre

Books: curious incident of the dog in the night time

TV shows/Movies: Doctor who

Instrument:

Do you like sports? Rugby League I play Wheelchair Rugby League for Bradford Bulls

Family: Mum Dad two sisters 4 nieces 1 nephew

Clothing: Bradford Bulls Shirts

How did you find this website? National Autistic Socitey

Job:

Plans for the future? tobe able to move out and live on my own

Any comments?

Spectral Aurtist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2016, 11:15 am

Hello,

I've attempted to post several times and my content appears not to post.
without retyping my entire original contribution to this thread I am posting this 'copy' as a simple test to determine if the problem has resolved it's self in lieu of the standing fact that I am unable to reach the "info@" contact address for site issues.

Please excuse the otherwise situationaly inappropriate posting of this test.

Thank you.

Yoooki
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Feb 2016, 1:23 pm

What is your first name? Bruno

Hobbies and Interests: Photography, languages, psychology, gore, collecting stuff, road tripping, cemetery raiding, staring at people, my dog, taking long walks at night, etc...

Why are you here? Looking for help.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): (JANUARY 2016) At first I self diagnosed myself with asperger, like 3 months ago, then I went to a doctor and got that Autistic Spectrum diagnosis. (AFTER 3 YEARS OF CONTINUOUS NEUROTYPICAL THERAPY!)... I'm kinda mad...

Favorite subjects: Photography, History, Geography, Sociology, Physics.

Year/Grade: "1 ano do Ensino Médio"... hmm... My education system says I might get to college in 3 years... "Freshman"?

Favorite music: Classical and some other stuff (Mom's playslist)

Books: Millennium series (Stieg Larson), "Ten Little n****rs" or "And Then There Were None" (Agatha Christie).

TV shows/Movies: Enter the Void, The Double, The Machinist, Full Metal Jacket, The Hurt Locker, American Beauty, No Country for Old Men, Bourne Series, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Ghost in The Shell, Let The Right One In, and more are among the best films I've watched free of charge in my sh***y overheated laptop.

Instrument: Drumming my fingers.

Do you like sports? Yeah, kinda. Going crazy with my bike.

Family: I like my mom.

Clothing: Why is this a question?

How did you find this website? Google.

Job: Occasional guinea pig.

Plans for the future? Making it trough the present would be fine.

Any comments? Heck replies would be great, my english isn't great but I would like to hear some detailed opinions from other aspies. I have no idea how long does it take for the average person to get it's diagnosis, like more than 15 years going on like an otherworldly freak..? Is that normal, unusual? I'm so f*****g lost I have no idea what to ask...
P.S I curse a lot, sorry about that.

Spectral Aurtist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2016, 1:29 pm

So strange...every time I try to post my reply. I get a captcha and my reply is not posted. but for some reason I am able to post complaints about it?

anyone?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 2:43 pm

Spectral Aurtist wrote:
So strange...every time I try to post my reply. I get a captcha and my reply is not posted. but for some reason I am able to post complaints about it?

anyone?

Welcome to WP

Don't give up! :D :D

nisaoirse
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2016, 6:27 pm

What is your first name? Sean

Hobbies and Interests: Creating music

Why are you here? To hopefully get to know like minded people

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Approx. 6 years ago

Favorite music: Everything from Elvis to NIN

Books: Terry Pratchett

TV shows/Movies: The last great film I saw which was totally not my type of film was Whiplash

Instrument: Synths!

Do you like sports? No

Family: Married, 2 children, eldest was diagnosed ASD around 3 years ago.

Clothing: Black, lots of black

How did you find this website? Google

Job: I look after support and system administration for a European web dev. company.

Plans for the future? Make more music

thehandler
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Feb 2016, 5:58 pm

What is your first name? G

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, snowboarding, writing

Why are you here? Want to learn more about myself and talk to people I have stuff in common with...validation, I guess.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Questioning aspergers since I was 13

Favorite subjects: art, writing

Year/Grade: n/a

Favorite music: Muse (they're my special interest), Foals, Arcade Fire, Queens of the Stone Age... and a few others

Books: Wheel of Time (creeping into special interest territory)

TV shows/Movies: Star Trek, Star Wars

Instrument: I've tried bass guitar but miserably failed. My hands are too small and clumsy.

Do you like sports? I snowboard and casually follow hockey (go Pens)

Family: ??don't really understand this part

Clothing: hoodie and jeans usually

How did you find this website? researching aspergers

Job: lol...I was a cashier but it was sensory and social hell

Plans for the future? :/

Any comments? hi

WrongOften
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2016, 11:34 pm

What is your first name?
Andrew

Hobbies and Interests:
Motorcycles, Photography, Home-steading

Why are you here?
To learn something.

Favorite subjects:
Anything not English

Year/Grade:
91/College

Favorite music: EDM

Books:
Distopian Fiction (Wool etc)

TV shows/Movies:
Rarely

Instrument:
Nope

Do you like sports? Rarely. MotoGP

Family:
Have one. Mom is very unique, surely I get my Asperger's from her.

Clothing:
Jeans, tshirt

How did you find this website?
Searching for Asperger’s job info

Job:
Software Developer

Plans for the future?
Ride motorcycle more.

Glad to be here.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 1:55 am

WrongOften wrote:
What is your first name?
Andrew

Hobbies and Interests:
Motorcycles, Photography, Home-steading

Why are you here?
To learn something.

Favorite subjects:
Anything not English

Year/Grade:
91/College

Favorite music: EDM

Books:
Distopian Fiction (Wool etc)

TV shows/Movies:
Rarely

Instrument:
Nope

Do you like sports? Rarely. MotoGP

Family:
Have one. Mom is very unique, surely I get my Asperger's from her.

Clothing:
Jeans, tshirt

How did you find this website?
Searching for Asperger’s job info

Job:
Software Developer

Plans for the future?
Ride motorcycle more.

Glad to be here.

Welcome!

ashzilla
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Feb 2016, 2:31 pm

What is your first name? Ashley

Hobbies and Interests: They tend to vary greatly but I've always loved art, music, animals, reading, and writing. My current obsession is succulent gardening!

Why are you here? To talk to other people similar to me.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Currently seeking an official diagnosis for Asperger's. Diagnosed with dyslexia and OCD at age 12.

Favorite subjects: I love English, Science, Math, and the Arts!

Year/Grade: Graduated Highschool in 2014.

Favorite music: Classic rock, indie, alternative, and rock.

Books: I love YA books. Specifically the dystopian genre.

TV shows/Movies: Currently my favorite movie is Jurassic World and I love horror movies. I don't watch a lot of tv.

Instrument: I used to play the bass clarinet in school and I also play guitar.

Do you like sports? I enjoy watching football.

Family: My family is very complicated. I consider my fiancees family my family and I'm expecting in April.

Clothing: Anything comfortable. I love sundresses.

How did you find this website? Searching for Asperger's forums.

Job: I am currently unemployed.

Plans for the future? I would love to go back to school in the future. My fiancee and I are expecting a son in April so hopefully by the end of the year I can enroll in some college classes. :D

Any comments? I would love to talk to other people, especially females who also have Asperger's as this is all still very new to me.

Annacdote
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2016, 8:35 am

What is your first name? Anna Leona, but I would perhaps like to change it one day.

Hobbies and Interests: Theatre, writing, piano, the Internet, Ancient Rome and Egypt, movies

Why are you here? I have Asperger's Syndrome

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 14, 2015

Favorite subjects: French, English and mathematics

Year/Grade: 9th/10th grade, I'm supposed to be in 9th grade, but this year I'm taking the two of them at once so I can skip.

Favorite music: Nothing in particular, as long as it feels magical to listen to it

Books: The Lunatic Café

TV shows/Movies: Flypaper (movie), Warehouse 13, Doctor Who and Lie To Me

Instrument: I play the piano

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I love to run, although I'm not the quickest. And I adore to watch live ice hockey

Family: A mom and a dad. I have a 12 year old sister. None of them have either autism or Asperger's

Clothing: I wear a lot of shirts when I don't have much time to dress up (sometimes I put on a tie), but I love to dress more fancy. Like blouses and skirts, dresses and cute cardigans.

How did you find this website? I read an article about Asperger's and wanted to visit.

Job: Don't have one yet. I sporadically do photo shoots/filming or inventory at stores though.

Plans for the future? I want to be either a forensic anthropologist, an author or an actor. Perhaps some sort of mix.

gleam
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Feb 2016, 6:54 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Too many interests to list, but music is perhaps my main interest. Composing, listening etc. I really go back and forth with my interests, so one month I'm fanatical about the science fiction setting I'm working on, the next month it might be something else, only to go back to SF the third month and so on. This can entail anything from biochemistry to historical linguistics, depending on the situation, but I am genuinely interested in language and etymology even though I'm only fluent in Swedish and English.

Why are you here? I decided that maybe, just maybe, this will increase my chance of getting to know some people who don't totally misunderstand me all the time...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): About a year ago.

Favorite music: Various kinds of experimental and avantgarde, hardcore punk (especially Japanese and very fast and noisy kinds), Persian classical music (and I love a lot of traditional Middle Eastern music), post-punk, avant-prog, dark ambient, noise rock, industrial (not industrial rock), ECM jazz etc. Yeah, I listen to a lot of music.

Books: Earthsea Cycle, The Vampire Chronicles, The Belgariad, Dune, Dracula. I lean towards fantasy in general.

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch a lot but I really liked Sherlock, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Many of my favorite series are animes, like NGE, Bakemonogatari, Steins;Gate, Cowboy Bebop etc.

Instrument: Well, I play the guitar and occasionally the oud (fretless lute) but I love the sound of nay (reed flute) and many other flutes (like the Western concert flute and the shakuhachi), bowed instruments, oboe, harps and gamelan instruments.

Do you like sports? I never liked team sports but I don't mind other sports really.

Family: I don't spend a lot of time with my family. Only one family member lives in the same town and we meet approx. once a month.

Clothing: I wear boots and ragged jeans and punk shirts most of the time, but I don't feel that my style reflects my personality.

How did you find this website? Can't remember when I first saw it, but I was led here by googling something relating to AS.

Job: Nope.

Plans for the future? Trying to write a novel or two.

Any comments? Nope. :)

slave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 9:32 pm

gleam wrote:

Hobbies and Interests: Too many interests to list, but music is perhaps my main interest. Composing, listening etc. I really go back and forth with my interests, so one month I'm fanatical about the science fiction setting I'm working on, the next month it might be something else, only to go back to SF the third month and so on. This can entail anything from biochemistry to historical linguistics, depending on the situation, but I am genuinely interested in language and etymology even though I'm only fluent in Swedish and English.

Why are you here? I decided that maybe, just maybe, this will increase my chance of getting to know some people who don't totally misunderstand me all the time...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): About a year ago.

Favorite music: Various kinds of experimental and avantgarde, hardcore punk (especially Japanese and very fast and noisy kinds), Persian classical music (and I love a lot of traditional Middle Eastern music), post-punk, avant-prog, dark ambient, noise rock, industrial (not industrial rock), ECM jazz etc. Yeah, I listen to a lot of music.

Books: Earthsea Cycle, The Vampire Chronicles, The Belgariad, Dune, Dracula. I lean towards fantasy in general.

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch a lot but I really liked Sherlock, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Many of my favorite series are animes, like NGE, Bakemonogatari, Steins;Gate, Cowboy Bebop etc.

Instrument: Well, I play the guitar and occasionally the oud (fretless lute) but I love the sound of nay (reed flute) and many other flutes (like the Western concert flute and the shakuhachi), bowed instruments, oboe, harps and gamelan instruments.

Do you like sports? I never liked team sports but I don't mind other sports really.

Family: I don't spend a lot of time with my family. Only one family member lives in the same town and we meet approx. once a month.

Clothing: I wear boots and ragged jeans and punk shirts most of the time, but I don't feel that my style reflects my personality.

How did you find this website? Can't remember when I first saw it, but I was led here by googling something relating to AS.

Job: Nope.

Plans for the future? Trying to write a novel or two.

Any comments? Nope. :)

Welcome! :D

How do you feel about the wave of immigrants into Sweden?

The press says many things but I want to hear the uncensored version from a Swede.

How do others that you know feel about the immigrants?

Thank you for considering my questions.