Page 296 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299 ... 360  Next

capa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 12:08 pm

Hi everybody, I'm new too so I'm going to fill this in quickly:

What is your first name? Sam

Hobbies and Interests: Photography, travelling and discovering new languages and cultures, chess, reading.

Why are you here? To know more about the spectrum, to meet people just like me, and to have fun.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I haven't been dx yet since I just found out about it. I scored pretty high on an AS test a couple of weeks ago, so I'm going to start the process soon.

Favorite subjects: Maths, Languages (FR, EN, GE, SP and picking up bit of CH)

Year/Grade: just finished my Freshman Year (bizuth en prépa ECS)

Favorite music: I like a lot of music genres, I am more sensitive to the melody, that of Classic Opera, Pop or Rap as much as that of Dubstep or Trap.

Books: "Pobby and Dingan" (which makes me cry every single time I read it),

TV shows/Movies: I loved Oz, Lost, True Detective but I also enjoy Suits and Narcos.

Instrument: None.

Do you like sports? I do, I like to go for a run, play soccer or basketball. I've also been practicing Aïkido for 10y now.

Family: a little brother and a half-brother.

Clothing: Casual.

How did you find this website? I stumbled upon it by chance.

Job: I'm an au pair during the summer.

Plans for the future? Learning new experiences, meeting new people and most importantly learning how to cope with AS the right way!

Any comments? Not yet :)

slave
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 12:26 am

TdotMucky wrote:
What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: Music/Rapping/ Basketball on the side

Why are you here? to metet people who "get" me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 26

Favorite subjects: music, sport

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: Rap

Books: Lawrence Block, Michael Connelly

TV shows/Movies: peep show/ im alan partridge/ as good as it gets/one flew over the coocoos nest/ once we were warriors - and alot more

Instrument: rhythm, vocals and poetry

Do you like sports? Basketball.

Family: Broken Home

Clothing: Stylish and ahead of the curve regarding fashion. Not excentriic.

How did you find this website? Google Search

Job: semi precious stone dealer

Plans for the future? Be a paid rapper / and or/ basketball player / do comedy professionally. have my dream woman have kids/ get a mortgage on a house.

Any comments?

How are semi-precious stones ?graded? for quality????

How can a wanna-be-collector learn what to look for???

How did you learn??

Are there any training materials online??

:nerdy: thanks :D

MM99
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jul 2016, 9:38 pm

Hi everyone, also new. I'm a bit nervous and scared about writing here, but this topic seems to be the best place to start. (Sorry about the linguistic mistakes that I'll surely have made, I'm not very fluent at english yet)

What is your first name? I prefer to stay on the anonymity for now.

Location: Spain (Europe for the ones who think we are in South America)

Hobbies and Interests: I actually don't have any hobbie. I don't like sports, don't like video games, don't like anime...
About my interests... I usually become obsess (really obsess) about a topic for 2 or 3 years and then stop being interested about it. Nowadays the topic is politics, and I'm starting to think that this time it'll last forever (I've seen in internet that it's one of the main symptoms of asperger's). Before, I was obsessed about Physics, Geography, Greek and Roman Mythology, Languages, History, Literature, Psychology, Climatology, Ecosystems, Ethnic Groups, random facts about almost everything, etc

Why are you here? Not sure... maybe to find people who may understand me, and also to learn more about who I am and understand myself.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm not diagnosed yet, but I'm almost positive about it. The problem is that I'm so reserved that I can't tell anyone about my suspicions, neither my family nor my "friends".

Favorite subjects: History, English, Philosophy, Psychology and Literature.

Year/Grade: Next fall I start the spanish equivalent of Senior year (Segundo de Bachillerato)

Favorite music: I like almost everything and change of groups and genre every month or even week, but mostly I listen to rock, punk and metal (including all their respective subgenres) The last weeks I've been listening mostly to Bring Me The Horizon, Avenged Sevenfold, Rise Against, Three Days Grace, Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy, Guns N' Roses, System Of A Down, blink-182 and Green Day.

Books: I used to read a lot (and when I say a lot I mean A LOT) from when I was 11 to 2 years ago, but since then I've only read 20 books not particulary enjoying any of them, so I don't have favorite books (the books that I read before don't count because I've changed a lot this years)

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV too much, just listen to it if my parents turn it on when I'm on the living room. And about movies... I don't have a favorite one or a list of favorites, but I like a lot of them.

Instrument: I don't play any instrument.

Do you like sports? HELL, NO!! !

Family: Nothing interesting, just a brother 2 and a half years older than me and my parents.

Clothing: I used to wear very plain clothes, but I'm trying to be more in fashion because it was weird and I looked like a little kid and people made fun of me, but still I think that my style is pretty weird. I just don't understand fashion.

How did you find this website? Searching information about asperger's on the internet.

Job: In Spain it's a bit strange to work while you are still at the high school, so I don't have one.

Plans for the future? I plan to move to a big city (at least 1 million inhabitants) and go to college, but I have no idea about what to study.

Any comments? I think I've said enough (maybe too much, I always write more than what I should) for the first time, so that's all. (Again, sorry about the linguistic mistakes, I promise I'll improve it)

In Chains
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2016, 7:46 pm

What is your first name?

In

The United States. Specifically, Michigan.

Hobbies and Interests:

Video games of course, specifically Nintendo. My favorite franchises are probably Fire Emblem, Metroid (classic over Prime), and Super Smash Bros. Splatoon is also awesome, hence my avatar! Movies are great, I don't really care about the genre- if it's good, it's good! It's hard to pick favorite movies, but I love Star Wars, 007, (most) comicbookmovies. Television? I love the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul universe! I'm also a big fan of Orphan Black, Fargo, and Mr Robot. Comics are something that I used to be obsessed with, but I don't really make time for anymore (though I still love the characters and universes). I know more about the Marvel universe, but I actually prefer the DC universe overall. IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series is fantastic, I need to get caught up on that. Besides these areas of interest that all human beings possess, I also love ASMR (goggle it) and am flirting with the idea of starting my own channel. But who knows? I'm also becoming interested in fitness and want to whip my body into shape :lol: !

Why are you here?

I was diagnosed with Aspergers and Generalized Anxiety Disorder way back in middle school. Both labels I completely ignored (and almost didn't accept) until recently. I don't currently have a job or any friends ( :oops: ), very little social interaction in fact, and have become (mildly) depressed over my current self-reflection over my mistakes in life. But this is actually exactly what I need right now, in order to become a better person in the future :mrgreen: !

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Officially? 13, I believe? Yikes. What a terrible time to find out you're different from everybody else! Was it a good thing that I completely ignored it and pretended to be a normal (in my own bizarre sense) kid through both middle school and high school? In hindsight, no!

Favorite subjects:

History, animals, sciences that aren't heavily reliant on mathematics, the law, criminal justice, religion, philosophy.

Year/Grade:

Going back to school in the Fall semester, junior in college. Can't wait.

Favorite music:

Everything! Seriously, my ipod has everything from Katy Perry to Cannibal Corpse. Music is awesome! My all-time favorite bands/artists have to be Alice in Chains (my username!), Tool, A Perfect Circle, Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, and KATY PERRY.

Books:

I need to read more! I loved Harry Potter and Percy Jackson growing up. 1984 is a classic, probably my favorite book. Besides that, not much sadly. I dabbled in HP Lovecraft for a brief while but sadly stopped for whatever reason :(

TV shows/Movies:

Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, Orphan Black (Tatiana Maslany is unbelievable), Fargo, Mr Robot, a lot more I'm forgetting. I have never seen the Wire or the Sopranos, both are on my to-do list!

Instrument:

I tried learning the guitar, but I abandoned it after I realized that it made loud noises 8O

Do you like sports?

Nah. Well, I sometimes follow boxing and MMA. Casually though.

Family:

Yep, I have one of those!

Clothing:

There are some things I need to figure out about this area.

How did you find this website?

I don't remember? I just kind of found it, I guess.

Job:

Not right now! I did work retail for a while though. I actually quit professionally, I left with respect and dignity! The scars still remain, however!

Plans for the future?

College in the fall! I also want to turn my potato of a body into something halfway presentable to the human race. Those are my plans...

Any comments?

I'm weird and my sense of humor is weird. Okay, bye!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 6:44 pm

In Chains wrote:
What is your first name?

In

The United States. Specifically, Michigan.

Hobbies and Interests:

Video games of course, specifically Nintendo. My favorite franchises are probably Fire Emblem, Metroid (classic over Prime), and Super Smash Bros. Splatoon is also awesome, hence my avatar! Movies are great, I don't really care about the genre- if it's good, it's good! It's hard to pick favorite movies, but I love Star Wars, 007, (most) comicbookmovies. Television? I love the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul universe! I'm also a big fan of Orphan Black, Fargo, and Mr Robot. Comics are something that I used to be obsessed with, but I don't really make time for anymore (though I still love the characters and universes). I know more about the Marvel universe, but I actually prefer the DC universe overall. IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series is fantastic, I need to get caught up on that. Besides these areas of interest that all human beings possess, I also love ASMR (goggle it) and am flirting with the idea of starting my own channel. But who knows? I'm also becoming interested in fitness and want to whip my body into shape :lol: !

Why are you here?

I was diagnosed with Aspergers and Generalized Anxiety Disorder way back in middle school. Both labels I completely ignored (and almost didn't accept) until recently. I don't currently have a job or any friends ( :oops: ), very little social interaction in fact, and have become (mildly) depressed over my current self-reflection over my mistakes in life. But this is actually exactly what I need right now, in order to become a better person in the future :mrgreen: !

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Officially? 13, I believe? Yikes. What a terrible time to find out you're different from everybody else! Was it a good thing that I completely ignored it and pretended to be a normal (in my own bizarre sense) kid through both middle school and high school? In hindsight, no!

Favorite subjects:

History, animals, sciences that aren't heavily reliant on mathematics, the law, criminal justice, religion, philosophy.

Year/Grade:

Going back to school in the Fall semester, junior in college. Can't wait.

Favorite music:

Everything! Seriously, my ipod has everything from Katy Perry to Cannibal Corpse. Music is awesome! My all-time favorite bands/artists have to be Alice in Chains (my username!), Tool, A Perfect Circle, Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, and KATY PERRY.

Books:

I need to read more! I loved Harry Potter and Percy Jackson growing up. 1984 is a classic, probably my favorite book. Besides that, not much sadly. I dabbled in HP Lovecraft for a brief while but sadly stopped for whatever reason :(

TV shows/Movies:

Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, Orphan Black (Tatiana Maslany is unbelievable), Fargo, Mr Robot, a lot more I'm forgetting. I have never seen the Wire or the Sopranos, both are on my to-do list!

Instrument:

I tried learning the guitar, but I abandoned it after I realized that it made loud noises 8O

Do you like sports?

Nah. Well, I sometimes follow boxing and MMA. Casually though.

Family:

Yep, I have one of those!

Clothing:

There are some things I need to figure out about this area.

How did you find this website?

I don't remember? I just kind of found it, I guess.

Job:

Not right now! I did work retail for a while though. I actually quit professionally, I left with respect and dignity! The scars still remain, however!

Plans for the future?

College in the fall! I also want to turn my potato of a body into something halfway presentable to the human race. Those are my plans...

Any comments?

I'm weird and my sense of humor is weird. Okay, bye!

UP THE IRONS!! !! !! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

fancy.francy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jul 2016, 9:19 pm

What is your first name? Susie

Hobbies and Interests: Music is my main interest. I sing, play several instruments, and I compose classical music. I'm also fascinated with neuroscience and plan to major in that when I go to college. Then there's Magic: The Gathering - I don't like spending a lot of money on decks, but I do enjoy playing it. Cockatrice, anyone?

Why are you here? I wanted to hear how others perceived the world and how autism affects different people.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed when I was three (which is surprising, considering that I'm female and I was diagnosed in 2001).

Favorite subjects: My favorite subject is music, but I also enjoy logic-related classes (such as math and science). I enjoy English when I have a good teacher, especially the grammar component of it.

Year/Grade: Soon-to-be college freshman

Favorite music: Classical music (the newer, the better), jazz, and alternative. Some favorites:
Composers: Debussy, Mahler, Shostakovitch, Ticheli, Whitacre, Mackey, most other post-1990s concert band composers
Artists/bands: Panic! At The Disco, Twenty One Pilots, Regina Spektor, Sia, Jason Mraz

Books: I don't read as often as I should, but I loved The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls, Room by Emma Donoghue, Lord of the Flies (I forget who the author is), and We Were The Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates.

TV shows/Movies: Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, Brain Games, most Disney and Nickelodeon movies, and Tom and Jerry.

Instrument: In order of expertise: voice (if you consider it an instrument) - alto/tenor, clarinet (soprano, bass, alto), saxophone (alto, tenor), ukulele, piano, trumpet, and flute. I used to play others (trombone and french horn), but I don't anymore.

Do you like sports? Nah. I like fencing, playing ping-pong, and playing the occasional game of basketball, but nah.

Family: Mother, father*, 19-year-old brother**, and 30-year-old brother*.
* = not diagnosed, but I have a good feeling that they're autistc
** = officially diagnosed

Clothing: Usually a t-shirt or a rad sweater, jeans/leggings, flip-flops/sneakers, and no jewelry except my watch

How did you find this website? Google

Job: None at the moment, but I have worked at a couple different summer camps and as a babysitter, and I'll be working at a performing arts summer camp in a couple weeks.

Plans for the future? Possibly researching neuroscience, possibly composing music, possibly being a software developer, possibly a combo of two of those.

Any comments? I feel that I'm able to articulate my experience with autism well, so I do so whenever the situation is right. Most people can't tell that I'm on the spectrum, either, which makes me feel like an autism ninja. 8)

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 6:55 am

William Golding wrote 'Lord Of The Flies', Fancy.

capa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 1:06 pm

I relly like that book!

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 11:30 am

What is your first name? Steven

Hobbies and Interests: Internet, Cycling, Guns, and Computers

Why are you here? Aspergers

When were you diagnosed? This year, my therapist always brings it up. I have yet to be formally diagnosed.

Favorite subjects: Finance

Year/Grade: Going back to college in August

Favorite music: Wide Variety-Except Rap

Books: I don't really read allot, I did like A Series of Unfortunate Events

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV much; I have enjoyed Dexter, 007, 30 Rock

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? Cycling

Family: Mom, Stepdad, brothers/sisters

Clothing: Relaxed, I get hot easily

Job: At the moment, self employed

What are you planning to do when you get older? Not sure

startide_rising
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jul 2016, 10:32 pm

What is your first name? I'd rather not say, at least for the time being.

Hobbies and Interests: Science, scifi, music, art, books, and tea.

Why are you here? To socialize and hopefully make friends with like-minded individuals.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was about 10 years old, although I tended to disagree with the diagnosis until fairly recently.

Favorite subjects: Biology, chemistry, philosophy, and philosophy of science.

Year/Grade: I'm a PhD student in biology.

Favorite music: Recent favorites include Grimes, Of Monsters and Men, and My Bloody Valentine.

Books: I read quite a bit, but David Brin, Haruki Murakami, Ernest Cline, and Jeff VanderMeer are among my favorite authors of late. I'm also pretty into webcomics, with xkcd, Questionable Content, and Dr. McNinja ranking at the top of my list.

TV shows/Movies: I enjoy Star Trek: The Next Generation, Firefly, and most scifi films. I also really like Akira Kurosawa's movies.

Instrument: I played guitar for many years, and dabbled for a while in a couple of other instruments as well, but have since mostly fallen out of practice. Some of my favorite instruments to listen to are the cello, the violin, synthesizers, the kora, and the human voice.

Do you like sports? Nope. Not at all.

Family: I have an older sister and a younger sister. I also have both a father and a mother, although I was raised almost entirely by the latter.

Clothing: I usually wear jeans with either a t-shirt or a plaid/flannel button-down shirt. I hate dressing up.

How did you find this website? I was curious whether such a community existed.

Job: Grad school.

Plans for the future? To become a good scientist and maybe also to teach.

Any comments? Nope!

MadeinHisimage
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2016, 2:03 am

What is your first name? Michaela

Hobbies and Interests: Languages, social action/charity.

Why are you here? Aspergers (I think mild ADD as well); I want to be able to get advice from other aspies on related topics, and to make some friends. (:

When were you diagnosed? When I was 6.

Year/Grade: Certificate student

Favorite music: Christian music

Books: The Bible, The Hunger games, A series of unfortunate events.

TV shows/Movies: Switched at Birth,

Instrument: In order of expertise: voice (Reasonable level) piano & guitar (Absolute beginner)

Do you like sports? Not really. I went skiing recently and that was part fun, part scary, and totally exhausting. I like using a rowing machine, hiking, and some forms of hunting/fishing

Family: Father, (NT) Mother, (autistic traits) 16 yr old brother, (dyslexic) 9 yr old sister (NT) 8 yr old sister (Aspergers/HFA and ADHD)

Clothing: I try to get it second hand so I don't contribute to human trafficking or sweat shop trade; whatever the thrift shops have in my size, and I like a bit of colour.

How did you find this website? I actually don't remember. I think I was searching for aspie facebook groups etc and it popped up.

Job: Not at the moment, but I was a fish and chip shop assistant/waitress for about two years, and I've done lots of babysitting.

Plans for the future? I want to be in Christian voluntary service probably as a linguist.

Any comments; If you want a friend PM me. :)

rcsf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2016, 10:48 pm

What is your first name? My first name is Rafael.

Hobbies and Interests: Gaming, seeing TV series and films as hobbies and I have interest in engineering and recently meet similar people in this page.

Why are you here? I want to meet people that share some similarities, get new hobbies and knowledge.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): I have never been officially diagnosed with ASD (although have all to), in my childhood I was diagnosed with ADHD, and most recently with SAD.

Favorite subjects: Oldities and Sciences.

Year/Grade: Last year of the High School.

Favorite music: I have a very large sound sense, but particularly I like synthpop and industrial music.

Books: H. P. Lovecraft, Nietzsche and Paulo Coelho.

TV shows/Movies: Twin Peaks, Mr. Robot, Bron/Broen and Supernatural.

Instrument: None.

Do you like sports? None.

Family: Well, I live only with my mother, regularly meet with my father and sometimes with other family members.

Clothing: Geeking and 'indifferent', I guess.

How did you find this website? Searching for some of my oddities by answers.

Job: None at the moment.

Plans for the future? I plan to finish my studies and get in the university, and then dedicate for to work.

Any comments? Sorry you for my bad english, that is not my native language and I'm not so fluent. :lol:

Thyregod
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2016, 5:25 pm

What is your first name? Simon

Hobbies and Interests: Mostly gaming and IT

Why are you here? To find new people to talk to

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): November last year

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Electronic

Books: Harry potter, Ken Follet

TV shows/Movies: Johnny English, Dexter. Doctor Who

Instrument: Bass Guitar

Do you like sports? Not really

Family: Father and mother with autistic traits, sister with Autism (17) and NT brother (27)

Clothing: As long as it isn't too colorful

How did you find this website? r/autism

Job: Part time job at local library

Plans for the future? Not at the moment. I think I need to get my current situation stabilized before thinking about the future

Any comments?

MelissaCho

23 Jul 2016, 1:05 pm

What is your first name? Linda

Hobbies and Interests:Photography, writing, poetry, watching tv, etc.

Why are you here?To find acceptance

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): after my 18th

Favorite subjects:psychology

Job: Open Arms Health Systems

Favorite music:almost anything good

Books: John grisham books , the bible, etc.

TV shows/Movies:Power Rangers(any season), Zoo, the amazing race, Smallville, etc.

Instrument:don't play

Do you like sports?watch yes play not really

Family:mom and dad nt, half-sister Jamie possible aspie

Clothing: anything that fits

How did you find this website? book

Plans for the future? future unclear

Any comments?

A Young Contrarian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2016, 6:42 am

What is your first name? Keene.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing political essays, writing film, television, and book reviews, debating, smoking, and cooking.

Why are you here? Curiosity.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 12

Favorite subjects: Journalism, political science, english, biology, and history.

Year/Grade: College sophomore

Favorite music: Experimental

Books: Almost anything by Christopher Hitchens, The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky, 1984 by George Orwell, The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin, Darwin's Dangerous Idea by Daniel Dennett, and War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.

TV shows/Movies: House of Cards and Game of Thrones.

Instrument: Guitar, bass guitar, and piano.

Do you like sports? No.

Family: One set of grandparents, a sister, and several distant relatives. Relationships with all are strained.

Clothing: Dark suits, ties on special occasion, t shirt and jeans while at home.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: College student

Plans for the future? I plan on entering into politics.

aloevera
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jul 2016, 7:03 am

. first name:
. age: 32
. location: central europe

. hobbies and interests: drawing, listening to music, plants, cats, insects, zen buddhism, reading, human behavior, energy

. why am I here: to learn more about AS, to know how other people deal with it, to remember that I am not the only one, feel less lonely in my weirdness, share my personal experience and ideas

. when was I diagnosed: I am not officialy diagnosed yet

. year/grade: two years in college (arts), then I left

. favourite music: 90's trip hop, dark electronica, experimental, noise, sometimes classical

. books: 19th century realism and graphic novels. some manga also

. tv shows/movies: quentin tarantino, ghibli studios

. instruments: I love everything with strings

. sports: no, thank you.

. family: I live with friends

. clothing: black/dark clothes, combat boots, futuristic punk inspiration

. how I found this website: I just googled 'I can not stand people'

. job: freelance drawing

. plans for the future: I can't stick to any plans, so I just don't make them anymore - and I am way much more happy this way

. comments: sorry for any gramatic or spelling mistakes, turns out that english is not my native language. Wrong Planet is such a cool name for a website like this :) and people seem to be very open here, so I am really glad that I found this place!