Page 32 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 360  Next

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

26 Dec 2005, 2:02 pm

Ah, okay. Hello, everyone!

What is your first name? I'm Erin. My name's odd in that both my first and last name proclaim me of being named for two islands I have never set foot on.

Hobbies and Interests: Dogs, languages, weaving, magic, evolution, sociology, anthropology, mythology (especially zoological mythology; I love reading bestiaries).

Why are you here? Mainly because I'd like to interact with other Aspies. I don't know anyone else with Asperger's where I live or in my family, and it's nice to be able to be reminded that yes, there are other people like you out there and you're not alone. I'm afraid my parents don't always get why I regard certain things that are considered 'normal' as anathema.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was four, I was diagnosed with ADD and later ADHD. At eleven I was rediagnosed with AS, which fits me much better.

Favorite subjects: History, biology, and especially literature. My favorite class, though, is Latin.

Year/Grade: I am a sophomore in high school--literally, a 'clever fool' (from the Greek sophos, clever, and moros, fool) or more colloquially a wiseass. I've been waiting literally years to be able to make this joke. :o

Favorite music: It's a mishmash. I'm very partial to Celtic folk music in particular and folk music in general, but I also enjoy rock and the occasional country tune or classical piece.

Books: Ooh, boy. I have far too many favorite books to count. My favorite authors include (in no particular order) Brian Kilcommons, Temple Grandin, Mercedes Lackey, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, Stanley Coren, Dianna Wynne Jones, Eric Flint, Jane Lindskold, Jack London, JKR, Dave Barry, Bruce Fogle, James Herriot, Roald Dahl, Gary Paulsen, Eoin Colfer, Lewis Carroll, Madeline L'Engle, and Richard Adams. I happen to define a favorite author as 'I have read all or nearly all that they have written, and loved all or most of it.'

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch much TV but I do like to watch Animal Planet, including religious following of their dragons special or their Walking with dinosaurs/other prehistoric beasties every time they pop up. I'm also fond of K9 to 5 and Breed All About It, dogs being my oldest ever obsessive interest. (There has literally never been a time when I was not obsessed with dogs.) I also enjoy certain animes on occasion. Until recently I watched Malcom in the Middle religiously.

As for movies, I like the new Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Spirited Away, and Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail. My favorite movie, however, will always be The Legend of Lobo.

Instrument: I am completely musically inept, but I really enjoy flute music, especially of the haunting, lamenting variety.

Do you like sports? Not particularly, unless it is something like agility, competitive herding, flyball, et cetera. I personally will be starting competitive Obedience with my terrier mix this fall.

Family: Being fifteen, I still live with my parents. I have two younger sisters, one of whom is thirteen and one of whom is three. (What disparity.) To my knowledge, neither sister has AS; nor do either of my parents. In fact, the elder younger sister is a social butterfly who is never happier when surrounded by people or playing some sort of sport, which makes my life somewhat difficult (because it tends to showcase my deficiencies and, since she has a sensitive personality, causes fights between us quite often).

We also have two dogs; an ancient, evil-smelling Jack Russell Terrier who put up with my constant obsession with him and my sometimes impolite quest to have him near me at all times for twelve years and a probably Border Terrier/Pembrooke Welsh Corgi cross that's probably about a year old who has been nicknamed 'the Leper' because of his apparantly permanent skin condition, which seems to be brought upon by eating things that are not, in fact, food and generally results in baldingness and oozing sores. Both are neutered males.

Clothing: I like nice, baggy, sweatshirts or oversized t-shirts and fuzzy sweatpants. To my horror, my mother is currently on a quest to find me 'nice' clothing that I will wear, which apparantly involves none of the clothing articles mentioned above. This saddens me.

How did you find this website? I found it twice--once through a discussion at AVEN (an asexuality site) and, more recently, through trawling the Net for Aspie sites well after I lost it the first time.

Job: Student. I don't currently have a real job.

Plans for the future? College features heavily. Currently I'm wavering between whether to be a vet, linguist, translator/interpreter, or a zoologist. I have not picked my college yet, either.

My plans are somewhat fluid.

Any comments?This is a lovely site and I look forward to interacting with it. :o Good job.

MC
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2005, 4:42 pm

Hi there, found the forum recently, so this is me...

What is your first name? Mike

Hobbies and Interests: Reading and Writing, Software and Website writing, Music, and I'm a so-called 'Charismatic' christian.

Why are you here? I'd really like to interact with some folk who don't either write off my Aspergers as trivial or blame it for everything. Folk who consider it something like normal seemed like a good place to start.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not officially diagnosed. I've been married for twenty one years and we have always had problems. My wife recently started working in a the field of education support and discovered it through that. It took her two years to persuade me to look seriously at it, and when I did the shock switched as I read back to her all of the stuff that was relevant. It just goes to show how good we can get at looking normal. Nobody supected a thing, not even me - I thought that everybody operated in the same way as I did, but were just better at it than me.

Favorite subjects: I guess this is there for folks a bit younger than me! My favorite subjects at work at the moment are perl programming (which I don't get to do officially) and the applications work on the embedded processor-based equipment that my employers manufacture (which I do get to do officially!)

Year/Grade: they changed school gradings since I left, but I guess I'd be about 38th grade now if they carried on, including the couple of flunks (redundancies)

Favorite music: blues and rock with a bit of edge

Books: for fiction I really like Maeve Binchy. She writes stuff that has more insight in to people and how they interact than anything else I've come across and I love it. Also John Grisham and all sorts of other very popular stuff that is probably very unhip. For non fiction, there's a few, but particularly the guys who put all the work into the Linux and perl tutorials - the humour that they use so well aids in the learning process instead of getting in the way. Gotta mention Wayne Grudem here too, but for theology stuff.

TV shows/Movies: don't really like tv, I suspect that the contrived way that most tv programs (and particularly the soap operas that are all that my family ever want to watch) are written jumps around too much for me. Films I love include Brewsters Millions, Men in Black, The Lord of the Rings, The Matrix and loads of other stuff that's probably totally unrelated by any genre-definition that the media come up with.

Instrument: guitar and bass

Do you like sports? Yes to play, but that's getting increasingly difficult as age and the effects of overdoing it in my youth set in.

Family: Two daughters and a grandson. My mother died a couple of years ago and it's been a real shock to realise just how much I depended on her emotionally. Loads of problems over the years with my family, which the discovery of Aspergers is helping with a lot, although it's still being worked through!!

Clothing: Chinos and casual shirt for work. Jeans and T shirt everywhere else. I have 5 suits in the cupboard from my previous job and have only worn a tie 3 times in the last three years. I like it better this way, it has to be said.

How did you find this website? Google search. I decided it was time to try to get involved in some sort of 'on-line community' My wife has found two groups of friends for support, one of them the partners of other Aspies, but there doesn't seem to be anything like that available around here face to face, at least not for adults. If you know otherwise, then I'd love to find it (or start it if there are folk near me who are interested...)

Job: Support Engineer. I basically write technical emails for a living, with lesser excursions into more formal answers that can be issued as technical notes, sessions for informal training of customers at our offices and even less often get to go and run formal training courses overseas - I like that bit the best.

Plans for the future? currently trying to get my head around the past. We'll face the future when we have that a bit better understood.

Any comments? It's only in the last few months that I realised that I have Aspergers and it's been a bit of a rollercoaster since then. After the initial euphoria at having some understanding of what has caused problems in my marriage and also at work (particularly with 3 of the jobs that really relied very much on using non-verbal language and such) there's been a bit of a 'body battering' as I've realised some of the stuff that' been going on.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2005, 1:11 am

Hello.

What is your first name? Elizabeth

Hobbies and Interests: Fishing! But I rarely go now because then I would have to get a fishing license and plus, I would rather go with my family than by myself. I find it funny that I love to be surrounded by water yet when I go on a ship, I get nauseous.

Why are you here? I'd like to make some friends and learn more about asperger's.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects: I'm currently in a handbell ensemble and I'm loving it. English class is fun, too.

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: Anything that is pleasing to my ear.

Books: I'm reading some plays now for English class (Ibsen, Beckett, Sartre). I must say that I enjoyed Hamlet a lot more than Heart of Darkness.

TV shows/Movies: I looove watching Food Network (Paula Deen, Unwrapped, countless others) and Animal Planet (Animal Cops). I also like old-school shows like I Love Lucy, Full House (heh), and Boy Meets World.

Instrument: piano

Do you like sports? I like to play softball and basketball with my family and friends.

Family: A mom, a dad, two older brothers, and a rottie.

Clothing: I love to wear shorts my mom makes me. Even in the winter time, you'll find me in those shorts.

Job: Student

Plans for the future? Go to college, finish undergraduate, then med school, and later residency. I'm hoping to specialize in psychiatry.

Any comments? Hope you enjoyed a little bit of my life.

redvelvet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2005, 9:24 am

name- here Redvelvet, at home Mum or dear.

Age- old enough to have a 20 year old and a 18 1/2 years old.

Place of residence- England

Job- disabled, only do sports in the summer on good days.

When diagnosed with Asp- don't have it but do display some traits.

Hobbies- playing computer games, crossstitch. and BSL.

Sports, squash and swimming.

How did I find this site?- My daughter has Aspergus and she showed me the site.

Why am I here- to understand my husband and daughter better. And be able to help her through her courting years.

TV/Films etc- only watch dvds and videos, Harry Potter, fantasy, and some science fiction, was a great fan of star trek, Outer Limits.

Family- husband, son and daughter, two dogs, five guinnea pigs and two rats, not all mine.

Clothes- something to cover up with. To hide the bulges. always a comfortable pair of trousers.

Musical instrument- I love the harp but can't play.

Music- 70's and 80's, anything with a swing or makes me want to dance.

Books- harry Potter, science fiction, fantasy with magic, Books about the end of civilization, My favourite is Earth Abides.

Plans for the future- help my two in their persuit for loving mates, enjoy my future grand kids, and spend quite time with my husband. And have enough experience with my daughter and husband who have Aspergis, to be an understanding Grandma to any grand kids that have the same.

comments--It is amazing just how many people on this site want to persue, and have an interest in the mind and how it works, in phychology. It is amazing just how little I understood my daughter and husband and how much I am learning about the way they think, and how much patience they have had for me. :oops:

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 9:54 pm

Hobbies and Interests: music, writing, art, cats, reading, Sci Fi, TV, Internet

Why are you here? I have a lot free time

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was informally dx'd by a psychiatrist in 2002 as the "probable root cause" of my formally dx'd depression, but have suspected I had AS since 1996

Favorite subjects: music, art, theology, philosophy, cats

Year/Grade: I've done grad school

Favorite music: classical, jazz,blues and some rock and a few other things

Books: philosophy, theology, science, Sci Fi, Harry Potter, big books with big words

TV shows/Movies: Sci Fi channel stuff, Monk, Gilmore Girls, House, Bones, Arrested Developmet, The Daily Show

Instrument: Guitar, keyboard, clarinet, lute, voice

Do you like sports? No

Family: one older brother, two parent, still married and alive

Clothing: causal, too causal

How did you find this website? surfed right in

Job: substitute teacher/part-time special ed teacher

Plans for the future? write, be creative, find a job I can live off of and stay sane in the process

Any comments? No, not really.

TheGreyBadger
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2006, 11:41 am

I found this site through a poster on the Fourth Turning.

Lifelong science fiction fan. Favorite TV programs: Bones and House. (Gee! I wonder why!)

Two children, both as mundane as you can get; three grandchildren.

Not a computer geek; my intelligence is purely verbal.

I know there are more questions on the list, but "Oh, God, give me focus... look! A bird!"

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 12:02 pm

What is your first name? Anastacia

Hobbies and Interests: currently: writing a Holocaust story for writer's craft class, hoping to get a job and then write novels on the side so that I'll become rich enough to buy land and build an Aspergian city... just a tiny piece of land is needed; floors under and over the ground can make up most of the city.

Why are you here? I'm lonely and bored. :(

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2002 at age 14, just in time for me to start grade 9 with a terrible reputation and making AS look bad. :(

Favorite subjects: I'd love biology if I could think of something cleverly funny about biology to say like everyone else in the class does.

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: WAY variable

Books: WAY variable... disaster books especially.

TV shows/Movies: CNN!! !!!111 And disaster movies! EDIT: And also CSI!

Instrument: I can play like 8 notes on the recorder which I learned in grade 7. Miraculously I passed the course. I can play like 6 notes on the clarinet. That's all I learned in my whole year of grade 8 music, but again, I still passed the course. Does that count?

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I like sailing because of the disasters that happen whenever I sail. :P :twisted: I also like all other sports when done with people I feel comfortable around (people who don't know certain things from my past).

Family: What?

Clothing: stuff that's easy to wash and dry.

How did you find this website? I had looked before, but given up on ever finding one. I had other things too to do. My mother found Aspergia.com and saved it, but never showed it to me. I found it and curiosity got the better of me. It linked me to Aspergian Pride and Aspergian Island. Someone on Aspergian Island who was newer than me started a thread asking if AI couldn't be more active, and I said, "I hear all these things about sites that are full of us, but I've never seen one." Someone directed me here.

Job: none. :( No time with all this damn schoolwork. I really need to apply at Tim Hortons after the holidays are over and I've done this big project for school.

Plans for the future? I've figured out some scientific theories, which I'll spread, and believe me, I'm good at spreading rumors. I also want to get rich so that I can afford to buy a piece of land an build an Asperigan city on it!

Any comments? Hi! I want attention! *bounces off ceiling*

Last edited by Ana54 on 01 Jan 2006, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheGreyBadger
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2006, 12:23 pm

What is your first name?

Pat

67 in two days

Albuquerque, NM

Hobbies and Interests:

Science fiction, filking, historical cycles & other patterns, reading (think I'm hyperlexic!), SCA, neo-paganism & goddess worship, wicca. (not in a coven. Duh - wonder why?)

Why are you here?

Because I'm lonely and want people I can *talk to*! !

Self-diagnosed? Back around 2000, and thereby hangs a tale. I was the accountant for the University of New Mexico Postal Services, and one of our rules was that every mailing had to include a sample of what you were mailing out. CDD-Aut had an interesting newsletter. One issue had a review of a book called "Pretending to be Normal", and the title called my name loud & clear. I bought it, devoured it, and said "Yes! That's me!"

Favorite subjects:

Right now, philosophy. Loved higher math but was dreadful at it. Or, as my professor said back in 1963, I did *very well*....(for a gurrrl!) so he'd let me off with a C if I dropped the major.

Year/Grade:

Duh?

Favorite music:

Classical, choral, and filk (science fiction folk music, often funny).

Books:

Favorite books? How many pages do you have? Science fiction, murder mysteries - especially those that give me insight into other cultures.

TV shows/Movies:

House, Fox TV. Bones, ditto. Numb3ers. Medium, if Allison would sop with the dead-tired die-away voice already. Law & Order CI, especially the episodes with Goren. Monk when I can find it! Former Trekkie sufferig withdrawal. Ditto Babylon 5. Want to see: Chicken Little, RENT, Narnia. Loved: Lord of the Rings, and the original Star Wars (the Luke Skywallker movies).

Instrument:

Guitar; cracked alto voice.

Do you like sports?

Makes warding-off-vampires gesture.

Family:

My oldest daughter's a research genetics psychiatrist out of UCSD, soon to be at UCSF, specialty in OCD & Tourettes. One son age 18 months. Other daughter's a nuclear medtech living in Charlottesville, VA, soon to be back in ABQ, husband's an anesthesiologist, both very outdoorsy & physical people. One daughter, Mikaels, 5.5 years old today; a son 18 months old. (And they're cousins, identical cousins...)

My sister in San Francisco, who I finally leveled with a year ago which brought about a major reconciliation, passed away Thanksgiving Morning. I am so thankful it was with everything settled. She has two sons, a silver-fox widower, no grandchildren. I have a brother in La Jolla who is also a science fiction fan - I turned him onto it in childhood - but is more mundane than I am.

Clothing:

Mostly jeans, T-shirts, overshirts, and sensible very good quality walking shoes. Long skirts when required.

How did you find this website?

One of the posters on Fourth Turning had it included in his sig. I read his post and raced right over.

Job:

I'm a freedwoman. Forced into retirement October 31, 2003.

Plans for the future?

As the old disco song says, "stayin' alive."

Any comments?

Yes. This is even better than the INTP list, which I've been off for years.

a.k.a. Vivi

two things ye must know about the wise woman...
first...
she is a woman...

Court
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2006, 3:43 pm

What is your first name? Courtney

Hobbies and Interests:

Internet surfing, logic puzzles, reading, going to the movies

Why are you here?

Because my 10yo son has AS

My son was diagnosed with AS 2 years ago

Favorite subjects:

History, English, music

Year/Grade:

just short of an Associates of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies

Favorite music:

Classical, new age, country (yes, that's Country AND Western), jazz, opera, broadway musicals

Books:

Sydney Sheldon - have all his novels and love every one. Each one takes you to a different place, learning new cultures....love that.

TV shows/Movies:

I am a total Law & Order junkie - the original series especially. Love Family Guy (I love adult cartoons that get to say what we're all thinking anyway), CSI, The Office. Movies - I loved the Lord of The Rings Trilogy.

Instrument:

Alto/Tenor Sax, flute.

Do you like sports?

Love running, but that's about all I am corrdinated to do. LOVE watching football, softball/baseball and hockey.

Family:

Married with 2 kids (one with AS, one NT) one brother, mom I hardly speak to and a dad that I see from time to time.

Clothing:

Mostly jeans, T-shirts and my favorite - FLIP FLOPS!! !! Unless going to work, where slacks/skirt and blouse are required. GGGRRRRR!

Was reading an article online about the guy who invented BitTorrent (who has AS) and it referred me to this website...been loving it ever since.

Job:

Bankruptcy Paralegal

Plans for the future?

To raise my kids and one day "get a life"! !! !!

Any comments?

I love this website! It's an answer to prayer, a comfort and a learning tool, all in one!

medianmistermustard
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jan 2006, 12:55 am

What is your first name? Steve

Hobbies and Interests: music, computers, useless knowledge

Why are you here? I think I have AS, or at least a lot of the traits

Favorite subjects: math, economics, orchestra

Year/Grade: college sophomore

Favorite music: The Arcade Fire, Architecture in Helsinki, The Beatles, Beck, Bill Evans, Björk, Bob Dylan, Brian Eno, Cannonball Adderley, Cat Power, David Bowie, The Decemberists, Elvis Costello, The Flaming Lips, Franz Ferdinand, Futureheads, John Coltrane, Magnetic Fields, Miles Davis, My Bloody Valentine, My Morning Jacket, Neutral Milk Hotel, Nick Drake, The Pixies, Radiohead, The Shins, Sigur Rós, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, The Stooges, Sufjan Stevens, Talk Talk, Talking Heads, They Might Be Giants, Tom Waits, The Velvet Underground and Yo La Tengo are a few

Books: 1984, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Lord of the Rings

TV shows/Movies: Arrested Development, Daily Show, Firefly, Invader Zim, Monty Python, Seinfeld, South Park but I don't watch that much TV, movies I like are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Holy Grail and The Shawshank Redemption

Instrument: I've played the violin since I was 8 but I'm not very good.

Do you like sports? I like to swim, but I haven't the hand/eye coordination for much else.

Family: mom/dad/sister

Clothing: Very casual but I think I have some taste. I don't like to buy clothes if the ones I have fit.

How did you find this website? It was in the links section of the Asperger's article on Wikipedia.

Job: Student. Previous attempts at getting a summer job were largely unsuccessful.

Plans for the future? I'm not really sure. I thought about becoming a math teacher.

Naga_Sadow
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jan 2006, 2:33 am

What is your first name? John

Hobbies and Interests: Star Wars, Computers, Cars

Why are you here? To relate to people

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I believe i have aspergers. I diagnosed myself recently and score strongly on the 4 tests

Favorite subjects: History

Year/Grade: 4th year college

Favorite music: techno

Books: Clive Cussler

TV shows/Movies: Star Wars

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? No

Family: Aye

Clothing: jeans, red neck kind of

How did you find this website? through google

Job: none

Plans for the future? fix computers

Any comments? nay.

talking_pie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jan 2006, 3:12 am

What is your first name? Alexander

Hobbies and Interests: playing guitar,forum chatting

Why are you here? To relate to people

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): almost a decade ago in 10th grade when testing at Cal State LA for a week.

Favorite subjects: math

Year/Grade: on a work-related college hiatus. I've completed 4 years of jr. college and have 10-20 units left

Favorite music: classic rock,classic alternative of the late 70's-late 90's,new wave,old jazz music (at night)

Books: The Outsiders

TV shows/Movies: movies-any 80's John Hughes movie;Office Space;Coming To America;Tommy Boy;A League of Their Own,The Notebook (Rachel McAdams *sigh* :oops:);tv shows-Simpsons,Family Guy,Veronica Mars,Everybody Hates Chris,My Name Is Earl,Alias (Jennifer Garner *sigh* :D :oops:)

Instrument: acoustic guitar

Do you like sports? playing-volleyball,billiards,bowling;watching-baseball (I'm an Angels fan)

Family: mom,stepdad,half-sister (who recently moved out)

Clothing: basic t-shirts and jeans. I love Hollister clothing store.

How did you find this website? word-of-mouth via family member

Job: dishwasher at Italian restaurant. I'm considering leaving in a month or two for atleast one more "hiatus" job this time in the retail department.

Plans for the future? visual editing

Any comments? none off the top of my head especially since I'm about to head off to bed in a few minutes. :lol:

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2006, 12:12 pm

First Name: Elizabeth

Location: Well, it depends. I go to school out-of-state in Kentucky, but on breaks and such, I go back home to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Hobbies and Interests: Hanging out in the dorms, movies, soundtracks, travelling.

Why are you here?: I'm here because I have Asperger's and I want to get to know and meet others who have Asperger's as well.

When were you diagnosed?: Don't know the month, but I believe it was either 1995 or 1996. I was in sixth grade, that much I know.

Favorite subjects: In elementary school, it was only Social Studies that I liked. In middle school, it was math. In high school, it was Music Theory, Algebra, Asian Studies, African Studies, Composition for College, etc.

Year/Grade: Well, with my total amount of credits, I'm a sophomore in college, but I've really been in college for three years, so technically I'm really a junior college.

Favorite music: Movie soundtracks (not the vocals, but the original scores themselves) and Broadway musicals.

Books: Angela's Ashes, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Sloppy Firsts, all of the Harry Potter books, The Chronicles Of Narnia, the curious incident of the dog in the night-time

TV shows/Movies: TV shows: Smallville, Everwood, ER, Related, Monk.
Movies: There's way too many out there. On Golden Pond, Same Time Next Year, anything with Katharin Hepburn in it, anything with Cary Grant in it, Love Actualy, Garden State, Foul Play, Finding Neverland, Hotel Rwanda, Sometimes In April, The Pianist, Schindler's List, Bridget Jones' Diary, Some Like It Hot, Legends of the Fall, Queen of Hearts, Ever After, Disney Movies, William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet, Shakespeare In Love, Big Fish, A Girl With A Pearl Earring, any Hitchcock films, To Kill A Mockingbird, City of Angels, The Day of the Jackal, and any other kind of old movie, etc.

Instrument: Piano and Percussion

Do you like sports?: The ones that I play are Softball, Bowling, Riding, and Cornhole. The other ones I just like to watch: Diving, Gymnastics, Bobsledding, Ice Skating, Luge, Skeleton, Ski Jump, and there's more but I can't think of them at the moment.

Family: Parents are divorced. Although, my mom's getting remarried. I have one other sister who is younger (senior in high school)

Clothing: I have a variety of different outfits that I like. A lot of fabrics don't bother me all that much when I wear them. I have a lot of style, I think. I don't really know what to say about this subject.

How did you find this website?: I don't remember. I probably was just surfing the internet looking for websites on Asperger's at the time.

Job: I don't have one at the time. I might be an RA in my dorm next year though.

Plans for the future?: After I get my Undergrad completed, I would like to join the Peace Corps. After that, I have no idea.

HikaruKagaya

14 Jan 2006, 1:09 am

<b>What is your first name?</b> Krissy

<b>Age:</b> 18

<b>Location:</b> New York, soon to be North Carolina

<b>Hobbies and Interests:</b> Everything lol Drawing, writing, singing, learning Japanese, doing random stuff...lol

<b>Why are you here?</b> Cause everyone seems really nice and making new friends would be nice ^_^

<b>When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):</b>Mid-2005, unofficially

<b>Favorite subjects:</b> Hmmm...art, math at one point, history at one point as well...

<b>Year/Grade:</b> Currently not enrolled till I move, but I am in college

<b>Favorite music:</b> Japanese pop, Japanese rock, rock in general, jazz, oldies lol, Beatles...stuff like that

<b>Books:</b> Ted Dekker books, Harry Potter, Mick Foley's books...

<b>TV shows/Movies:</b> Too many to count. Some that are up in my favorites are Rosemary's Baby, Titanic, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life...EVERY Monty Python movie lol

<b>Instrument:</b> Piano and Guitar, piano for 12 yrs and guitar for around 4

<b>Do you like sports?</b> Only figure skating and hockey

<b>Family:</b> I'm an only child!! ^^

<b>Clothing:</b> Anything comfy, I don't care about the latest trends at all

<b>How did you find this website?</b> My boyfriend told me about it!

<b>Job:</b> Currently a sales associate at OfficeMax

<b>Plans for the future?</b> Move to NC, marry my boyfriend, have a kid or two, grow old together...that's the majority! ^__^

<b>Any comments?</b> This was fun! ^^ [/b]

PlatypusMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2006, 3:11 am

What is your first name? Brandon

Hobbies and Interests: I'm your typical nerd. Full time gamer (work is a hobby :) ). Favorite games are form the old-school era (Atari, NES (Super mario Bros. forever!) up to Sega Genesis; and also a lot of new games. I also like Trading Card Games (majorly into Pokemon TCG and Yu-Gi-Oh!), and sometimes I like to RP.

Why are you here? Make friends. Learn more about autism and Asperger's.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): About when I was in 7th grade (also diagnosed with clinical depression at that time). Before that, everyone just thought I was lazy (and the fact that without diagnoses, school was exceptionally hard for me ;_;. But I came out on top with National Technical Honor Society (I went to a public school funded technical school thingy) for my work in Web Design and Digital Multimedia (apparently, animating stick figures is an important skill in life O_o?)

Favorite subjects: Social Studies, History, and Computers

Year/Grade: Community College, Freshman.

Favorite music: Rock (anything 'cept soft). I also like JRock (my absolute favorite JRock band is the pillows; their music is just so awesome, and the lyrics (from the translations I've found) are very well written). I also love Metallica, Pink Floyd, and stuff commonly heard on Dr. Demento (Wierd Al and Luke Ski!)

Books: Brave New World, Of Mice and Men, The Martian Chronicles. Also various manga- including Love Hina, Imadoki, FLCL, Hana-Kimi (I'm a guy who likes the shojou), One Piece, Shonen Jump, etc...

TV shows/Movies: I love watching some of the stuff on the Discovery Channel. Mainly- Mythbusters (the channel's best show, IMO), FBI Files, and The New Detectives. I also love watching cartoons (Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law, Family Guy, the list goes one) and anime (Sailor Moon, Fooly Cooly, InuYasha, Full metal Alchemist, Cowboy Beebop, Gravitation, etc...)

Instrument: None.

Do you like sports? I like watching football and pro wrestling (and yes, I know it's fake).

Family: Big family. One mom, one dad, one step-dad, one dog, two cats, 3 brothers, and two sisters.

Clothing: Anything that fits me and is comfy. I don't like trendy clothing, and I avoid Old Navy like the plague.

How did you find this website? Looking at all the autistic information (I was resaerching to follow up on a theory of mine possibly liking autism to something else...) on wikipedia.org and saw the link in the external links section.

Job: Student, and "The Almighty Master of the Grill" at Mc. Donald's ;_;

Plans for the future? Go to college (regular, not community), get 4 year degree in something (major in 3-D Graphic design or programming, minor in sociology, I suppose), get good job in whatever I think is best. Eventually go back to school and get a degree in Psychology, Socio, and Law; and then begin a political career (there is a lot of fixing that needs to be done, and will need to be done when the problems come; and besides, I don't think we've ever had an autistic president before). And if I can get it done, Ruler of the Earth (yeah...)

Any comments? People tell me I'm really smart (one IEP evaluation for school said I was in the "superior to genius" range for my vocabulary and my grasp of English, yay! Well. I think I'll like it here. And if you can put up with my rather, "interesting" (read: TWISTED) sense of humor, and a few other quirks, I think we'll all get along just fine...or you'll all want to destroy me...

Last edited by PlatypusMan on 17 Jan 2006, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

nortala
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jan 2006, 3:57 am

Hobbies and Interests:
Spiders, esp. Australian ones, in a big way :) i'm also into fantasy art and I have a fictional world that I've been working on for 11 years now

Why are you here?
make friends, learn about As

self-diagnosed AS just recently

Favorite subjects:
Art & graphic design, linguistics, japanese, biology, maths, computing (not that I got to study them all :) )

Year/Grade:
I'm about to start the second year of a game development diploma

Favorite music:
everything

Books:
Terry pratchet, Anne McCaffery, others... it's been a while since I read..

TV shows/Movies:
I don't watch TV, but fantasy and sci-fi movies are generally good

Instrument:
not on your life :)

Do you like sports?
I was doing karate, but had to stop because it was too expensive :(

Family:
Mum, Dad and younger brother - I don't live with any of them though

Clothing:
ideally, skirt, T-shirt and no shoes :) unfortunately it can get cold in the winter so I have to add more layers to that :( I'm not a fashion follower and tend to wear all my clothes to rags before I consider buying new ones.

surfing AS sites

Job: student, and I fill shelves at woolworths

Plans for the future?
character animator for Square-Enix - well, OK, not really :) I do hope to be a games artist though

Any comments?
I like it here