Page 313 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316 ... 360  Next

OliveBunny
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Mar 2018, 5:34 pm

What is your first name? Jamie

Hobbies and Interests: Art, cooking, animals (Be sure to note that comma between cooking and animals) Psychology, RPGs, MTG, and I've made figuring NTs out into a sort of hobby from a very young age!! (Does that count?)

Why are you here? I don't have time to explain the birds and the bees to you!! *fake stern look*

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I don't have an official Dx yet. Here are my RAADS-R scores: 157.0 8.0 75.0 42.0 32.0 I am still trying to come to an understanding about myself with this.... :/

Favorite music: Mostly alternative kind of stuff but, it's all really eclectic. Lots of variety.

Books: Mostly non-fiction.

TV shows/Movies: Dr.Who, Markymoo & Septic eye, Walking Dead, ummm pretty much anything Sci-fi and/or mysterious

Instrument: Does my xbox count?

Do you like sports? Swimming probably not really considered a sport... whatever.

Family: Married to my 2nd hubby 2 of my kids live with us both teens. The other kid is in college.

Clothing: comfortable with pockets hopefully.

How did you find this website? Actually... I don't remember.

Job: Homemaker

Plans for the future? Healing and some G*DD*MN peace and quiet, please. :lol:

Any comments? Nah. Not really... Thanks for reading about my insignificant little selfie! :D

Ms.Berg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 9:38 am

Location: Scandinavia (I hope for understanding if I make mistakes with my english writing(I don`t mind being corrected because I want to learn english well, I do use google translate to check my writing hoping to not make too many mistakes)

Hobbies and Interests: Caring for my home, family and animals, I like reading and collect books, I like history and have a fascination about traditional crafts. I loved watching the tv-series The Tudor Monastery Farm and the other series on Viasat History with Ruth Goodman. I like to see historical places, museums and old buildings. I keep chickens and horses. Generally I am a curious person who like to hear about new things and widen my knowledge and horizons from the sources of books, tv, internet or people I know and trust. I also like watching movies and listen to music and take pleasure in art and culture in general.

Why are you here? I am new to the diagnoses of Asperger's and would like to learn more about it from those who may have lived with the awareness of being an Aspie longer than I have. I am still trying to work this out. I hope to get wiser and feel more familiar with the idea of being diagnosed myself so that I can find out what to do further down the road. I felt alone and a little lost...and here I am. Only: I am not good with conversations. I am able to write better than speak but social interaction stresses me a great deal so I sometimes need to disconnect with the surroundings to not get overwhelmed. I am trying to work on it to get over it. I will try to participate in the threads on this forum but i will have to challenge my self to do so. I hope I will get better at it. Perhaps there will be someone here who are familiar to the problem themselves and will understand?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was told by my psychologist four months ago that her conclusion is that I have been struggeling the way I have in life because of Asperger's Syndrome.

Favorite subjects: My favourite subjects have changed over the years. As a young child my favourite subjects were swimming and music. Later it was biology and chemistry, then sociology and finally history.

Favorite music: Orchestral, rock, jazz, classical, pop...I generally like music.

Books: Right now I am reading Testament by John Romer. I am also reading The Plantagenets by Dan Jones. I like to read both fiction and non-fiction. I loved The Shardlake series of C.J. Sansom. I also often listen to audiobooks. One I particulary liked was Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier and The trilogy of His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.. Just to mention some.
As a child I loved the books of the Swedish author Astrid Lindgren.

TV shows/Movies: I like to watch Viasat History. I also like to watch So you think you can dance. I enjoy dancing and love to watch dancers perform. The decade LOTR came, was a time when I needed the inspiration very much so those movies meant al lot to me on a sentimental level. But I like watching movies and I like to follow different actors and actresses to see them in their different performances.
It feels like there are too many movies I`ve seen and liked during my life to start mentioning.
But I was fascinated by the movie Cloud Atlas, found some support in the movie Proof and I am right now looking foreward to watch Black Panther. On Netflix I am currently watchin the episodes of The Frankenstein Chronicles when I have time, or need a little help to relax.
As a child/young teenager I loved E.T. and Star Wars.

Do you like sports? no

Family: I have a family.

How did you find this website?: On one of my many googlesearches to find info about Asperger's.

Job: No I do not have a job outside my home.

MattMonroe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Mar 2018, 3:49 pm

What is your first name? Matej

Hobbies and Interests: Art (I'm a painter), music, Golden Age of Hollywood, mytholgy geek, movies, I love acting, my pets are my friends and love...and so on

Why are you here? Hopefully to meet people with same issues as I have and to make some friends :)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Since young age I have been regarded as "special" and I wasn't treated for mental illness until high school when I cracked...to this day I developed deep depression because of Asperger's...I have a hard time dealing with it. I was not diagnosed at young age because something like this was not common pratice back then in Croatia and due to my alergies everyone was centered around that...and so on and so on....

Favorite music: Pop, dance, electro, basically anything I like...mostly oldies. I love MJ (I loved him before he died), Prince (same as MJ), mostly uptempo stuff to keep away the demons of depression...

Books: Fantasy

TV shows/Movies: AHS, oldies (golden age, silent), horrors with good story (Mama, The Conjuring), fantasy and favorite of all - animated (fave right now is The Amazing World of Gumball on CN)

Instrument: I'd rather not say. :mrgreen:

Do you like sports? Yes. I'm in training for fitness instructor.

Family: Single...always been. People seem to dislike me a lot because I don't share interests with them and so on...

Clothing: I wear what I like and no one tells me what to wear :D

How did you find this website? I don't remember.

Job: Artist...I guess. Selling stuff on Etsy.

Plans for the future? Idk...I always dreamed of becoming an actor but that seems like a far fetch...so I guess I don't have a plan. Try not to die? Does that count?

Any comments? Anyone gay/bisexual to give me advice?

Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 9:16 pm

Hobbies and Interests:
These days ... reminiscing about the past, pondering on the present and forgetting to plan for the future.
In the past ... drawing, creative writing, classical piano, website coding, architecture, philosophy, and ice-cream garnishes.

Why are you here?
Inquisitive but lonely, I guess.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
2010-2011, not sure because I haven't been allowed to read my medical records.

Favorite music:
Instrumental anime soundtracks on piano, Sega Mega Drive chiptunes, Phil Collins ...

Books:
I don't read these days, but I used to like Hegel's Science of Logic, Jacques Barzun's From Dawn to Decadence, and Henri Lefebvre's Philosophical Investigations, and comics.

TV shows/Movies:
Whisper of the Heart (Studio Ghibli), Akira, some other anime in general.

Instrument:
Piano, and producing electronic music (Fruity Loops and Ableton Live in the past)

Clothing:
Shirts. I feel uncomfortable in tees, tank tops, etc, so I never leave home unless I wear a shirt.

Job:
Architect

Plans for the future?
Trying to get the present to work.

MissAsten
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2018, 2:31 pm

What is your first name?
Asten

Hobbies and Interests:
Music, writing, making videos, going to shows, hanging with family and friends

Why are you here?
To make friends

Age 4

Favorite subjects:
Art was my fave at school.

Year/Grade:
Past all that crap, thank gawd

Favorite music:
Pop, urban, dance, garage

Books:
Would I get beaten up if I said the Fifty Shades trilogy??

TV shows/Movies:
First and foremost, anything and everything that Basil Brush happens to pop up in (1: yes he is my special interest; 2: yes that's him in my profile pic; 3: boom boom). Anything Disney or any other animated movies. Music channels, entertainment shows (especially... yeah I don't need to say that do I), documentaries.

Instrument:
I like to sing but I'm not very good.

Do you like sports?
Noooo.

Family:
Mum, stepdad, two half brothers, dog. Love spending time with my family <3

Clothing:
Casual, I suppose you could call it girly? *shrugs*

How did you find this website?
Knew about it from aaaages ago.

Job:
Unemployed.

Plans for the future?
Go to lots more shows.

Any comments?
I'm here to make friends so don't be afraid to say hi :)

NotSayingMyName
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2018, 8:40 pm

To protect my privacy, I will be rather vague. This is my first post on this forum:
What is your first name? I can't say

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, other places around the world to possibly travel to, especially for people on the Autistic spectrum

Why are you here? To find out more about Autism, other people on the spectrum, to vent out any frustrations

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 12 years old, but I was diagnosed with mild learning and intellectual disabilities at an earlier age

Favorite subjects: Travel information, computers

Year/Grade: Completed year 12 (somehow)!

Favorite music: Metal and rock

Books: Largely non-fictional varieties

TV shows/Movies: Lots

Instrument: A bit of the piano

Do you like sports? Cricket is my favourite sport

Family: No children; don't want children; came from a single parent household (mother)

Clothing: N/A

How did you find this website? Google search and reference from email account

Job: Unemployed

Plans for the future? Get a vasectomy to make it absolutely certain I will not have kids, move away from the place I live, (wishful thinking), get the f**k out of extroverted Australia (reckon there are more places in America you can go to blend in)! Travel more, in particular overseas

Any comments? I am hoping to find out more information with stuff such as other Aspies in Australia and definitely wish to find out where I can move to in this overbearing nation...

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 12:28 pm

'To protect my privacy, I will be rather vague'.

I see where you are coming from, friend. I do it all the time! You can't trust anyone these days. That's the reason I won't do Facebook, they want more than I am prepared to give.

cat_lover9
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Apr 2018, 8:32 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Anime, piano, animals, some gaming

Why are you here? I have aspergers

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): As a child, around 10-13, don't remember exactly

Favorite music: I tend to listen to a lot of europop. Anything that has a sort of retro feel to it or is unique or alternative

TV shows/Movies: Lots of anime

Instrument: Piano. Been playing since I was 5 :D

Do you like sports? Not really

Clothing: I tend to dress in a goth style

How did you find this website? I was looking for communities for people who are on the spectrum

Job: Currently unemployed. Actually having some problems finding suitable work :cry:

Plans for the future? Don't really know. Just trying to take things one day at a time.

Any comments? Here to make new friends and be a part of a community of like-minded people :)

Heretic6
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2018, 10:43 am

Hobbies and Interests:
All things computers, Mathematics and Physics, video games, Music, and recently foreign languages again

Why are you here?
Undiagnosed, looking for answers, based on my readings here, I will be going in for an official diagnosis

Possibly soon

Favorite subjects:
Mathematics and Physics

Year/Grade:
Graduated college with a degree in Computer Science and Mathematics in 2016

Favorite music:
Changes daily, but mostly metal (deathcore and mathcore)

Books:
Mainly physics and math books, but I cannot read without complete silence so I don't read often

TV shows/Movies:
Horror and sci-fi are my favorites in both, anime is pretty high as well

Instrument:
Used to play Bass

Do you like sports?
Yes, mainly football

Family:
NT wife and two kids, they put up with me very well :)
Also two big puppies

Clothing:
Jeans, cotton shirts (button up or Tee). I look pretty shaggy/homeless most days, but I'm comfortable :)

Researching Autism and Asperger symptoms

Job:
Database Administrator

Plans for the future?
Work on getting diagnosed for answers
Learn new languages, Swedish and Spanish are on the top of my list right now

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 12:33 pm

Hobbies and Interests:
-Biology Nerd, Naturalist, & Conservationist in the Southern Appalachians
- Hiker & Forager
- Strong Interests in Fungi, Plants, and Insects (but I love learning about everything in nature!)
- Nutrition and healthy cooking

Why are you here?
Just here for support and to give support! <3 This world can be very overwhelming!

Multiple diagnoses (OCD, PTSD, AVPD, GAD, etc) in late teens to early twenties. So many failed treatments and I was finally "unofficially" placed on the spectrum just recently (30s) after consulting with counselor/therapist and a dear friend on the spectrum. I don't plan on pursuing an "official" diagnosis because I don't wish to be "treated" or draw benefits.

Favorite subjects:
Biology, Entomology, Botany, Mycology, Anatomy, Art

Year/Grade:
Not in school. Graduated from college in 2013 with biology degree. Passed on graduate school and decided to invest my money (with my husband) in a plot of old growth, forested land in the mountains of Georgia.

Favorite music:
Ranges. Anything from classical to techno to death metal to folk.

Books:
Field guides, biology/botany/mycology books, sci-fi/ fantasy/post-apocalyptic novels

TV shows/Movies:
Not really big on tv or movies on my own. I watch whatever my hubby wants to watch when he is home.

Instrument:
My camera, field guides and laptop :D

Do you like sports?
No. Unless you count hiking as a sport?

Family:
Husband. Rottweiler. Ragdoll kitty.

Clothing:
Anything slouchy and comfortable. Whatever is functional when hiking.

looking for supportive autism communities online

Job:
None. Full-time naturalist/observer. Future permaculture food forest gardener.

Plans for the future?
-get fully moved onto land and begin living off-grid
-learn about and observe more wonderful species in nature!
-possibly find an undescribed fungal species and have it named after me!

Aecho
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2018, 10:45 pm

What is your first name?: Kelsey

Hobbies and Interests: I want to have hobbies but my inertia is really difficult to overcome. So I do nothing besides go to work most of the time. Though I do sometimes crochet, play MTG, and really want to get into self care and bobbin lace (but again, autistic inertia really gets in the way of that, but I'm currently trying to teach myself how to overcome it). I'm really interested in autism (which I would classify as a special interest), politics, philosophy, animals, nature

Why are you here?: To get to know other people on the spectrum and to hopefully learn more about myself.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I've never been officially diagnosed, though I did try to get an official diagnosis about a year ago, but was denied of having autism and instead I was diagnosed of having three other disorders (dysthymia, general anxiety, sensory processing disorder (and cannabis use disorder, but that's a separate issue)). During my discussions with the psych I visited I quickly realized that she was not up to date on research on autism in females and her reasoning for diagnosis made no sense (and also that I was more intelligent than her, which is really troublesome for me personally)

Favorite subjects: Politics, science, history, philosophy, probably some others that aren't coming to mind right now.

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Metal, hard rock, alternative, some rap/R&B, some pop

Books: Haven't read much recently (though trying to change that), but when I used to read more I'd read Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Series of Unfortunate Events, some true crime novels, and books on the occult (though had no interest in practicing occult stuff)

TV shows/Movies: Harry Potter, movies from Disney Renaissance (Lion King, Hunchback, etc.), Game of Thrones, old Rosanne, Scrubs, Adventure Time, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Grave of the Fireflies, Schindler's List, Planet Earth, Archer, Airplane!,

Instrument: Used to play the clarinet and bass clarinet in marching band when I was in Highschool, but I quit after 10th grade because I lost interest

Do you like sports?: No

Family: only child, single mom, know my biological father but he's not been a parent to me, have a step dad that I really dislike

Clothing: really basic. I hate shopping because it's overwhelming and I get sad every time I try on clothes because they don't look good on me (imo)

How did you find this website? Seen mentioned across the internet a few times, popped up on google while searching autism related things.

Job: Stocker for Walmart

Plans for the future?: I've been wanting to go back to school and get a degree in something, but seeing the statistics for graduates after college are really disheartening, especially on the fact that people are having a hard time finding a job after college. I just want to have a decent living where I can live somewhat in the country (away from huge cities) with a family and maybe a small farm. Other than that I'm unsure

Any comments?: none that I can think of right now

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2018, 11:12 pm

What is your first name? Tristan

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Listening to music, Computer related stuff, Mechanical Keyboards, MtG, Warhammer 40k, D&D, browsing Reddit, playing Video Games (Xbox One, 3DS, Nintendo Switch, and PC), Cooking, and Baking, along with exercise

Why are you here? Hoping to find a GF, as ridiculous as that sounds

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Unsure

~~Favorite subjects:~~

Year/Grade: Graduated HS in 2014

Favorite music: https://open.spotify.com/user/tristansa ... aiTvJwDuMg

Books: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson & the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus, Kane Chronicles, Magnus Chase & the Gods of Asgard, Dresden Files, Pendragon, Artemis Fowl, The Witcher, Inheritance Cycle, Star Wars, Mistborn Saga

TV shows/Movies: The Flash, MCU, Harry Potter, Star Wars

Instrument: Formerly the Guitar

Do you like sports? No; unless you count eSports

Clothing: Casual; mostly hoodies/sweaters

How did you find this website? Wikipedia :P

Job: Don't have one :(

Plans for the future? Get a job, maybe go to College/Uni and save up to buy a good house somewhere nice

Any comments? Just wish some parts of the site were more active; also feel free to PM me!

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian

arth_96
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Apr 2018, 4:29 pm

Hobbies and Interests: learning languages, linguistics, sociology, social/political mattters, reading the news.

Why are you here? To learn more about autism and myself

When were you diagnosed? Hopefully soon but it's very hard to get diagnosed here.

Favorite subjects: languages

Year/Grade: 2nd Year Bachelor Translation

Favorite music: electronic/indie

Books: Pierre Bourdieu, Erving Goffman, Ferdinand de Saussure, general books about sociology and linguistics
Die Verwandlung, Le premier mot, Harry Potter (but don't really like fiction in general)

TV shows/Movies: Sense8, the Handmaids tale, the Strain, the Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Harry Potter

Instrument: none at the moment

Do you like sports? Not all all. Never was good at it.

Clothing: Casual

How did you find this website? Googling

Job: Student and tutor

Plans for the future? Planning to go to Germany for an Erasmus and possibly longer!

Any comments? Nope

FCPrates
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2018, 2:58 am

What is your first name?
Fernando
Hobbies and Interests:
Music, Books about Buddhism/History of Religions/Psychology/Psychiatry
Why are you here?
Objective and subjective feedback about my possible condition. Certainly NOT for socializing in unhealthy ways, which takes up 98.7% of any socializing ritual anyways.
I wasn't diagnosed with anything further than Childhood Schizophrenia at 1987-ish, ADHD and Bipolar Disorder/Cyclothymia around 2004-ish, Major Depressive Disorder as a comorbidity to both from around the same time until 2013-ish, then stuff like Borderline Personality Disorder had been thrown around, ending up in pretty much a combo of C-PTSD, Tourettes, OCD, ADHD and Asperger's, or PDD-NOS. from 2017 and still evaluating in 2018.
Favorite subjects:
Music, Useless Trivia/pop Culture, a strange combination of religion, psychology, anthropology and sociology. And girly stuff, I'll have to admit.
Year/Grade:
First Semester as a Psychology Major
Favorite music:
The music I like, depending on when, where, how and why.
Books:
Same as above.
TV shows/Movies:
House MD, Twin Peaks, The New Girl, besides those three it really depends. I don't watch TV; I just download the episodes of whatever I happen to be wanting to watch, depending. Wife has Netflix.
Instrument:
Voice, sax, guitar, bass guitar, harmonica, body
Do you like sports?
Hell no. I just like walking and jumping around, untutored.
Family:
Wife, son, mother, father, stepfather, brother, sister-in-law, dogs, birds, mother-in-law, father-in-law, etc.
Clothing:
T-shirts that don't ITCH, underwear that doesn't SQUEEZE, same to jeans, sneakers, sometimes flannel shirt.
Don't know?
Job:
Student, househusband, helping wife on her own work, English teacher
Plans for the future?
Live now.
Any comments?
Eggs.

Covyz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2018, 10:27 am

What is your first name? Zechariah but I go by Zech

Hobbies and Interests:Video games(My favorites are Super smash bros 4[I'm a Lucina main], Nier Automata, and The Last of Us), watching anime, reading, dungeons and dragons(I actually use pathfinder but more people know d&d) Magic the Gathering

Why are you here? I just want people like me to talk to. I have aspergers so it's tough finding friends.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Around 2014 or 2015 I don't remember exactly.

Favorite subjects: Math and science

Year/Grade: 11th

Favorite music: I listen to stuff like Green Day and openings from my favorite animes.

Books: The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy and the Legend of Drizzt series.

TV shows/Movies: Star Wars, Clannad, Angel Beats!, Violet Evergarden, Code Geass, No Game No Life.

Instrument:N/A

Do you like sports? Nope

Family: Oldest of 6 but I really only talk to the second oldest.

Clothing: t-shirt and jeans

How did you find this website? Stumbled across it

Job: part time at a grocery store

Plans for the future? Biochemistry

Any comments? I like Reeses

Raenthnx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2018, 10:47 am

(hello)

Hobbies and Interests: Things about computing (not only computer science), all type of psychotests (even the not meaningful ones), gaming, writing, cats and bats...

Why are you here? To document myself, to look for answers, to maybe ask questions or vent...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): ASD, never. Planning to go further into that direction but it's quite hard here to find someone that knows about it and doesn't approve the things i've seen in 2010-2011s documentaries (yeah, packing, right in the city i'm spending my adulthood).
When i was 17, diagnosed with OCD (but i'm not suffering from it so is it really a disorder...?), suspicion of Schizophrenia because of my way of talking (but my mom said "stop, don't assume that too quickly). When i was 23, SAD and suspicion of BPD. From 13 to 23, depressions with lots of relapses...

Favorite subjects: In school? French/literature (in a french country) maths, and physics until i had a bad teacher at 16. Actually, after 16-17 i'm not sure i had any subject i really loved until i went to university.

Year/Grade: Two years in University. Then dropped.

Favorite music: Depends on mood. Mostly listen to the wide electronic side of music but i can go almost anywhere.

Books: Mostly fiction. These days i've come back to books i loved when i was a teen, but in their original english language to work it... Because i have a lot of issues learning english actually.

TV shows/Movies: Not a lot of tv shows... I like movies though. Mostly watching drama, to happily suffer.

Instrument: None. I played the flute in high school (every french person can relate) and i was pretty good at it (and loved it) but that's all.

Do you like sports? Depends of it. I hate to run for the sole purpose of running. I'd prefer play. With one or two teammates at most.

Family: Erm. A mom, a young sister, a younger brother... The usual for a young adult. My brother has been confirmed gifted (without the ASD side).

Clothing: Mostly black. Still, i like to oppose black and colors, comfy and not comfy (my legs can tolerate more than the top of my body)... So, a mix of punk, casual and pastel?

How did you find this website? Habitica.

Job: None. I'm not able to search for one right now.

Plans for the future? Going back to university, getting answers about my personality and my disabilities (i know i have ones), getting help to get back a normal life...

Any comments? Meow.