Page 46 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 360  Next

DieselBoy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2006, 3:32 pm

hypermind wrote:
i hate america, amercans, and american ideas values morals and such...
So did I but then I actually met some of them and I haven't met one yet that I don't like. :wink:

sistersunshine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2006, 3:37 pm

DieselBoy wrote:
hypermind wrote:
So did I but then I actually met some of them and I haven't met one yet that I don't like. :wink:

Thanks. We're dirty evil creatures, but kinda nice sometimes, LOL

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 3:51 pm

I'd say welcome sistersunshine and dieselboy, but i'm not here for very long(since august to be exaxt) myself ;-)
it's a nice place though

sistersunshine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2006, 3:53 pm

lemon wrote:
I'd say welcome sistersunshine and dieselboy, but i'm not here for very long(since august to be exaxt) myself ;-)
it's a nice place though

A welcome is nice, no matter how long you've been here. :) Thanks!

DieselBoy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2006, 5:08 pm

hallo

hypermind
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Oct 2006, 11:17 am

DieselBoy wrote:
hypermind wrote:

well iv talked to some online, and i hate how they are on the same line on americans corrupt politics, media and schoolsystem. and tehn in another thread they are all like "america is the greatest nation in the world" and also "america will beat the entire world in a war by themselves", and all of a sudden their government and media is no longer corrupt, and all the information they get is true and blablabla.
and theyll agressively disagree when the subject is about how the entire world finds them arrogant. i just hate them.

hypermind
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Oct 2006, 11:19 am

ow and im here since september 29. im just a huge spammer i guess....:/

sistersunshine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2006, 11:43 am

hypermind wrote:
DieselBoy wrote:
hypermind wrote:

well iv talked to some online, and i hate how they are on the same line on americans corrupt politics, media and schoolsystem. and tehn in another thread they are all like "america is the greatest nation in the world" and also "america will beat the entire world in a war by themselves", and all of a sudden their government and media is no longer corrupt, and all the information they get is true and blablabla.
and theyll agressively disagree when the subject is about how the entire world finds them arrogant. i just hate them.

I can see what you mean. But that's not just Americans, it's being two-faced... something that we don't corner the market in. I think our country is a mess, personally... but after having travelled outside of this country, I appreciate the luxuries it affords me, however meager they may be at times.

I don't think there is any such thing as media or government (anywhere) that is not corrupt. Please cite any examples if you're certain I'm mistaken...

hypermind
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Oct 2006, 9:08 am

i agree, all governments are corrupt, as far as i know of gevernments. on many occasion have such things become appearent. but america sure as hell is worse then all or most "western" countries, and americans media is more corrupt then anything i could think of. and i dont think dutch media is really much corrupt, absolutely not as much as american media.

sistersunshine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2006, 12:30 pm

hypermind wrote:
i agree, all governments are corrupt, as far as i know of gevernments. on many occasion have such things become appearent. but america sure as hell is worse then all or most "western" countries, and americans media is more corrupt then anything i could think of. and i dont think dutch media is really much corrupt, absolutely not as much as american media.

Is it more corrupt, or is it just more highly publicized and obvious? Perhaps smaller governments find it easier to hide their skeletons?

Crosser
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2006, 4:55 pm

What is your first name? Ian

Hobbies and Interests: I like to just sit around and listen to music or play online games while in my own little world or write a poem or continue on my story or prehaphs watch TV. It all depends on the mood I'm in. My personal intrests are stories where a person transforms into an animal or a animal person (aka: furry).

Why are you here?: I experienced a bad day at school which reminded me strongly that I was indeed differnt then other kids with my Aspergers syndrome. What's normally a good front mask of solitude and politeness cracked and fell into confusion why everyone was picking on me. I still don't know, all I know is I'm indeed 'differnt' then most of those kids

When were you diagnosed?: Age 9 in the year 1999

Favorite subjects: Math, but I HATE the teacher. She's way to demanding of me. It somtimes gets me frustrated.

Year/Grade: I'm in 9th grade, a freshman in highschool

Favorite music: I just listen to anything that sparks my intrest. I listen to collab music videos with segments of songs and then find what the song is and download it. So, just about anything like rap, love, classical, rock, it doesn't matter really.

Books: I'd have to say my favorite book series would be the Maximum Ride series (including When the wind blows which the series came from.) I'm also attracted towards the Gaurdians of Ga'Hoole series nad of course, I just simply LOVE Dean Koontz. I'd have to say my all time favorite book would be Dragon Tears.

TV shows/Movies: Well, not sure. Dr. Phil, SVU, House, Monk, Psych, Twilight Zone, Family Guy, and most documentaries on crimes such can be seen on crime TV like Americas most wanted, and that kind of stuff.

Instrument: Nothing but my voice.

Do you like sports?: Nope

Family: I live with my mom and dad. My sister just reacently went to colledge. I kind of miss her, but I'll live. It was really hard when she first left, but I've gotten used to it.

Clothing: sweats to keep myself warm mostly.

How did you find this website?: I was searching the web for a Aspergers pen pal site. This was one of the closest things I found, and I think it'll be just as good.

Job: None

Plans for the future?: To go to colledge and get a Major in computer programming. In the mean time, I'll get a job as tech support.

Any comments?: I'm a really nice kid, somtimes I think I'm even too nice. Even enemies I've had all through middleschool became my friend for some reason, though most of them proved to betray my trust in the end. I have a few true friends, most of them I got through Aspergers groups. Of course, my best friend I made at school. I mean, he didn't even have Aspergers or Autism at all. People just hated him for some reason, I was his only friend through those three years till his parents moved away to get him away from it all. I havn't really heard from him in awhile.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 10:19 pm

yay! a dean koontz fan! i have dragon tears, but i haven't read it yet. I'm reading tick tock(dean koontz) and the hunchback of notre dame(obviously not dean koontz) right now. have you read watchers?

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2006, 1:22 am

I read "false memory" by koontz and quite enjoyed it...

Though I could recommend an amazing fantasy/science fiction/philosophy book that blew my mind..

Its called Radix by A.A.Attanasio (I think that spelling is correct)

I've never met one person that could actually finish it, I've read it 3 times.

Deccajay
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 8:55 am

What is your first name? Jessica

Hobbies and Interests:Music, animals, writing, nature, motorcycles

Why are you here? because I have questions i would like to ask, i have questions i would like to answer, i have friends i would like to make, and some times it is nice to be able to compair notes with people who understand alot of what you deal with on a dayly basis

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): at the age of 18

Favorite subjects: once I was at a school that new how to teach me it was math and science, I also like english and love history...its amazying I didnt like school better but I am out now.

Year/Grade: not in school

Favorite music: a very wide variety, but I like alot of soft acustic stuff

Books: if am in the mood to read, and some one gives me a book that looks interesting and says its good i will give it a try, I know what I like but to describe what it is is too dificult, the most resend book i have read was enders game and i loved it, I also love Iam the cheese, a tree grows in brookline, the lovly bones and many more. oh and alan alda's "never stuff your dog and other things I've learnd" is a wonderfull book.

TV shows/Movies: benny and joon is one of my favofret movies, i like all different kinda, the only tv show i really watch right now is Grey's anatomy, and some times I will watch ER

Instrument: I play the violin and attempt at guitar

Do you like sports? I was never all that good at sports, i liked them but they never liked me. but depending on what it is and how its played I do on ocasion.

Family: I have one younger brother, he is 21, almost 22, and NT. He works as a swim instrucor and life guard, and is studinging a political science major, considering going to law school. My father lifes in PA, and my mother past away this past spring.

Clothing: yes, usualy i wear some

How did you find this website? My friend matt turned me onto it, I asked him if he knew anywere I would try to talk to other aspies besided the board we origanaly met on and he sent me here.

Job: curently unemployed, surviving is my job :)

Plans for the future? to have one, and hopfully to have one with my curent boyfriend who is now in the army.

Any comments? talk to me, :)

halfpastdead
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Oct 2006, 6:24 pm

Rachel

norfolk englan uk

whats a hobbie? ooo those things you do when you not a sleep or looking after a kid yea i rember those i used to write poetry when i get the time i read and try and write spuffy (storyies a bout spike and buffy )

not in school any more thank the goddess

my son is autisitc and i want to understand and help him i am also on the spectrum but i a considerd normal

when i was 22 same time as my son who was 1

if it ivolves fast cars i like it F1 rules

i am married and have one son i have 5 brothres and 1 sister 4 parent (got divored and remarried )

i like cloths my son dose not

was given the addy by a friend in a chat room

job full time mu i also read tarot ( i dont read on fours or in chat rooms ) and i also work on an adutl chat line and im trying to set up a resurant for autitic s and there family may be even set up a world wid amll for all of us so no one will ever be ade to leve any plce ever agai n

comment yes im dyslexic on top of every thing else add your own corrections or no ive done my bes if its not good enought you try harder to understnd e

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 3:33 pm

Welcome halfpastdead. I'm a bot, so I don't have human traits.