The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 544 of 1007 [ 16106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 541, 542, 543, 544, 545, 546, 547 ... 1007  Next

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Jan 2008, 5:54 am

lau wrote:
For no other reason than no reason, I thought I'd make my 3456th post in here.

(Richie would know that it's 2^7*3^3)

I remember where I was when I made my 3456th post.... lemon was celebrating post #2222 with
a special occasion sock-puppet account: lemon2222..... I'll dig around for it later...

lemon wrote:
lau wrote:
For no other reason than no reason, I thought I'd make my 3456th post in here.

(Richie would know that it's 2^7*3^3)

:D and we are honoured of course :D
:afro:

edit : hey that's funny this was actually my 2345th post but i hadn't noticed, now i spoiled it when posting something bizarre in the bizarre thread :-o

Congratulations lemon and lau, now if I could only remember what I did with my 4567th post......

lau
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 6:15 am

richie wrote:
...Congratulations lemon and lau, now if I could only remember what I did with my 4567th post......

Oh dear! Richie! I do hope you didn't miss that one. The next such number is not until 78,901, which is cheating a little. Still, you can always wait for post 23,456,789.
http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A006055

lemon2222
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2008, 6:15 am

richie wrote:
[
I remember where I was when I made my 3456th post.... lemon was celebrating post #2222 with
a special occasion sock-puppet account: lemon2222..... I'll dig around for it later...

Congratulations lemon and lau, now if I could only remember what I did with my 4567th post......

yeah ! !! now i remember ! ! i had forgotten, and it's a miracle i still remember the password too :D

well, you guys have been posting since then!! i remember we had our 2000th around the same time, didn't we?
:-o
(it's not fair, you are tall and i am small and that's not fair!)

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 6:26 am

Hey richie! :D

Happy 2345th post Lemon! :D

Perhaps this will be a momentous day? ...some type of star alignment that will change the lives of all?!? 8O
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeXR0Jp_q6o[/youtube]

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 6:37 am

for all you party animals:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEh567b_R0M&feature=related[/youtube]

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 6:48 am

...Ok, one more, then I will leave you alone. This is what it's like inside my head (without drugs even). :lol: I'm sure these are all lost brothers of mine. We even look alike:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5il6Mk2olzI[/youtube]

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 8:41 am

Inspired by Merle's move, and Robyn cleaning her house yesterday, Chuck decides to tackle the paper monster in his library today. 8O

Round One: the paper monster whoops on Chuck, and tosses him out on his can, laughing derisively.
Round two: Chuck slaps his head (doing his best Curly impression), and charges back in. In 3 tenths of a nanosecond he gets thrown end over end out the door (rather rudely I might add).

...Round Three: Chuck straps on his guns. A paper tumblewad blows across the hall, as he faces down the door of the library.
<queue theme song to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly>...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ok13yNSEEY[/youtube]

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 1:19 pm

8O I have discovered that my library is the receiving station from black holes all over the universe. If you are missing any socks, homework, car keys, persons - I guarantee they are in this room. Somewhere. :eew:

I was running out of steam, thought of Robyn's sig NEVER GIVE UP, and tried singing her "It only takes a minute" tune. Just watched Sir Winston Churchill's "Never give up!" speech. Drank a gallon of caffeine-infused tea...

...I'm going back in there. It's a lousy job, but someone's gotta do it. If I don't report back by this evening, send in the search teams... <Chuck takes a deep breath, and dives back in...>

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 1:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Those sinkholes could come in handy right about now, Chuck. Do you have bulldozer??)

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Jan 2008, 3:24 pm

Chuck wrote:
Inspired by Merle's move, and Robyn cleaning her house yesterday, Chuck decides to tackle the paper monster in his library today. 8O

Round One: the paper monster whoops on Chuck, and tosses him out on his can, laughing derisively.
Round two: Chuck slaps his head (doing his best Curly impression), and charges back in. In 3 tenths of a nanosecond he gets thrown end over end out the door (rather rudely I might add).

...Round Three: Chuck straps on his guns. A paper tumblewad blows across the hall, as he faces down the door of the library.
<queue theme song to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly>...[/youtube]

Every time I try to confront the "Paper Monster" it gives me a one-two punch.... This time it's Popular Science and Popular
Mechanics mags that I bought today.....I really should get an online subscription and save a little in the process.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 4:43 pm

i find a garden rake and a bottle of lighter fluid to be an excellent means to reducing excess back paperwork.

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 5:28 pm

blessedmom wrote:
...(Those sinkholes could come in handy right about now, Chuck. Do you have bulldozer??)

8O :D I knew I luved you for some reason! :lol: That's thinkin' outside the box! Solves two problems in one go. And there's already a dozer in the library, if I can just dig it out it a little more! (....Hmmmm, the garden rake/lighter fluid trick might get me to the dozer before the sun sets...)

Lupine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jan 2008, 7:24 pm

Chuck wrote:
8O I have discovered that my library is the receiving station from black holes all over the universe. If you are missing any socks, homework, car keys, persons - I guarantee they are in this room. Somewhere. :eew:

I am missing one very large, fuzzy, pinkish-brown spider, Chuck dear. If it shows up in your room, could you toss it back through the wormhole, please?

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 7:34 pm

Lupine wrote:
Chuck wrote:

I am missing one very large, fuzzy, pinkish-brown spider, Chuck dear. If it shows up in your room, could you toss it back through the wormhole, please?

Lupine!! !!?! !! :D Where have you been? I was afraid I might find you buried in my library!! ! If I find your spider, I shall very good care of her and return her ASAP.

Hope that you have been and are well! :D

Lupine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jan 2008, 7:42 pm

Oh, I have been fine, Chuck. My brain decided to focus exclusively on the topic "office politics" for several weeks. Since my brain pretty much calls the shots around here, I had to go along with it. We (my brain and my self) appear to be done with this topic, and now I am back.*

*(Ummm.. this is all tongue-in-cheek, of course...)

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 7:53 pm

Lupine wrote:
Oh, I have been fine, Chuck. My brain decided to focus exclusively on the topic "office politics" for several weeks. Since my brain pretty much calls the shots around here, I had to go along with it. We (my brain and my self) appear to be done with this topic, and now I am back.

8O Poor Brain!! ! Poor Lupine!! ! Office politics?!? BLEAH!! ! :eew:
Thank goodness you are free at last! (Next time send me an SOS in a bottle...
... I'll arrange a search and rescue mission!! ! :P)

Maybe we should attach a homing beacon to you while you are here...
:wink:

Missed you! Gotta go to bed though - been up forever, and I'm starting to make no sense.
(Shocking, I know... :lol: )