The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 547 of 1007 [ 16106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 544, 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550 ... 1007  Next

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 7:56 pm

Nan wrote:
you know, after a point, heat is heat. i keep telling them, when someone tells me 115F is "dry heat" that they can put that on my tombstone - "It was DRY heat that killed her."

chuck. you and your brother. i'll file that away under "male insanity". same with lauri's bro.

That's the only explanation there is. Men always outnumber women at those things.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 7:57 pm

blessedmom wrote:
Nan wrote:
you know, after a point, heat is heat. i keep telling them, when someone tells me 115F is "dry heat" that they can put that on my tombstone - "It was DRY heat that killed her."

chuck. you and your brother. i'll file that away under "male insanity". same with lauri's bro.

That's the only explanation there is. Men always outnumber women at those things.

should we bother to go there, lauri, or just leave it as a given? :roll:

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 7:57 pm

Chuck wrote:
duncansbass wrote:
...Did I mention our hottest months are also the most humid?

Oy! 8O

Sorry you have to live thru that! Bet that saps your energy!
I trained on the Mohave desert - reached 130F - but wasn't humid at all - so wasn't really all that bad.
(Just froze your butt off at night!! ! 8O ).

I will take our weather any day. It is easier to put warm clothes on than to be hot no matter how little you have on.

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 8:27 pm

...for all you "crazy ones":
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvn_Ied9t4M[/youtube]

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 8:30 pm

Nan wrote:
blessedmom wrote:
Nan wrote:

should we bother to go there, lauri, or just leave it as a given? :roll:

We should leave it so they don't know we're on to 'em.

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 8:31 pm

blessedmom wrote:
...We should leave it so they don't know we're on to 'em.

...admit it, we have you fooled... :wink: :lol:
...we exist on a plane of insanity you will never appreciate or fathom the depths of...
...i think...

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 8:58 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KCIgkLMiKo[/youtube]

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 9:12 pm

Chuck wrote:
blessedmom wrote:

...we exist on a plane of insanity you will never appreciate or fathom the depths of...
...i think...

oh, po-leeeze. we were there once, too.

but they made us stop when we hit elementary school.... :wink:

unfortunately.

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 9:16 pm

Nan wrote:
Chuck wrote:
blessedmom wrote:

...i think...

oh, po-leeeze. we were there once, too.

but they made us stop when we hit elementary school.... :wink:

unfortunately.

8O We were supposed to stop??! !

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 9:17 pm

blessedmom wrote:
8O We were supposed to stop??! !

:(

apparently.

that does make getting up in the morning rather pointless, doesn't it.

Last edited by Nan on 21 Jan 2008, 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 9:27 pm

Nan wrote:

An old Far Side cartoon featured men in Hell, flames leaping behind them, as one of them says, "But it's a dry heat!"

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 9:30 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
Nan wrote:

An old Far Side cartoon featured men in Hell, flames leaping behind them, as one of them says, "But it's a dry heat!"

:lol:

duncansbass
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Location: Flatting thirds, fifths, and sevenths for over 20 years

21 Jan 2008, 9:45 pm

Nan wrote:
duncansbass wrote:
Happy birthday, Lemon! Don't take anything Chuck says too seriously. After all, he used to live in Nan's aquarium! terrarium. even i'm not evil enough to put a frog in with my tropical fish. too hard on the fish....

And Chuck, something you said caught my interest. Re not being able to tell the diff between -31 and 0, we have the same thing where I am, just on the opposite end of the thermometer. You can tell the diff between 100F and 110F, but 110F and 120F feel about the same.

oh, yeah. really, once it gets past 110F it just doesn't matter. it feels like an oven, set on "bake".

You know how it is when you open the oven to check on your food? Summer wind here.

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 10:40 pm

duncansbass wrote:
...(blocks punch, sends creepy white guy flying)...Didn't anyone ever tell you dreads look ret*d on white boys?...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Down here in the *ahem* "surfer's paradise" of NSW, you see quite a few white dudes with dreads. Or at least they started off white. By the time the dreads reach down to about elbow length, the dudes are usually a deep mahogany shade. :)

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 10:44 pm

duncansbass wrote:
Nan wrote:
duncansbass wrote:
Happy birthday, Lemon! Don't take anything Chuck says too seriously. After all, he used to live in Nan's aquarium! terrarium. even i'm not evil enough to put a frog in with my tropical fish. too hard on the fish....

And Chuck, something you said caught my interest. Re not being able to tell the diff between -31 and 0, we have the same thing where I am, just on the opposite end of the thermometer. You can tell the diff between 100F and 110F, but 110F and 120F feel about the same.

oh, yeah. really, once it gets past 110F it just doesn't matter. it feels like an oven, set on "bake".

You know how it is when you open the oven to check on your food? Summer wind here.

Yeah, I know.

duncansbass
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Location: Flatting thirds, fifths, and sevenths for over 20 years

21 Jan 2008, 11:49 pm

SleepyDragon, here in the *ahem*...dammit, lost my train of thought, don't think this is the anything paradise of Phoenix AZ our white boys with dreads are trying to have street cred and rap. Or, they're skaters. Does that qualify as urban surfing?

Nan, come to think of it, I think I remember hearing that you live in my general area of the world, so, yeah, you do know. We just may get less rain.