Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

insecticide
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2009, 2:26 pm

Hey everybody!

I'm Nick and I just wanted to say that I just registered to WP and look forward to getting to know you guys. I just want to finally meet people that I can relate to and who are going through what I go through.

I have been diagnosed with AS and I am also very depressed due to my social isolation. I have tried a whole lot of different antidepressants, been misdiagnosed for years with schizophrenia (go figure), forced to take antipsychotic medications, none of which have ever worked (quite the contrary) until I found out on my own that I has AS and finally saw sensible doctors who agreed with me.

I am starting TMS - Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation - next week, which I believe is a relatively novel treatment for AS. Am not very hopeful but will keep you posted if you are at all interested.

God bless.

Nick

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 2:53 pm

welcome

here you go nick :)

Impressionist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 May 2009, 3:34 pm

Welcome to WP, Nick! :) I hope you enjoy it here.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 May 2009, 4:30 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 4:34 pm

Well, the world needs guinea pigs...TMS is only in the research phase so that's what you are with this "new," unproven treatment. Hope it goes well
for you. Besides, TMS is only being tested on young people...so that makes you somewhere under age 35.

Nice meeting you!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 7:36 pm

Very pleased to meet you, Nick, and welcome to the Wrong Planet community. Wishing you well with the TMS next week.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 10:13 pm

Welcome.

Aspiegirl2001
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 6:07 am

Welcome 2 *drum roll* wrong planet

insecticide
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jul 2009, 6:03 pm

Hey,

I just wanted to let you guys know that my TMS treatment did not work. No improvement in my social skills, mood, or anything. None whatsoever...

So yeah back to square one for me. And I'm really out of options right now. I've tried meds, therapy, inpatient, TMS... What is there for me to do now?

I wasn't very hopeful before that TMS treatment but now I'm more depressed than ever. I guess this is my fate, I'm doomed... :(

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jul 2009, 8:22 pm

insecticide wrote:
Hey,

I just wanted to let you guys know that my TMS treatment did not work. No improvement in my social skills, mood, or anything. None whatsoever...

So yeah back to square one for me. And I'm really out of options right now. I've tried meds, therapy, inpatient, TMS... What is there for me to do now?

I wasn't very hopeful before that TMS treatment but now I'm more depressed than ever. I guess this is my fate, I'm doomed... :(

I'm trying to learn how to "speak NT". Non-verbal communication, eye contact and body language. Apparently thats how they communicate. I'm finding people are responding differently at times. Realising that NTs do automatically what we have to do consciously is an important step.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2009, 8:06 pm

Doomed? Why?

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 6:50 am

Hi, welcome. I neve rheard of TMS for AS, but do think it is occasionally being used in hard-to-treat depression. Am I right on that?

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 7:12 am

insecticide wrote:
Hey,

Accept who you are and enjoy it on as many levels as possible? :D

Quote:

Hey, mood is what you make it (mostly), and now you have a lot of new friends to cheer you up when you need it. :D

Welcome, and enjoy your stay. ;)

insecticide
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jul 2009, 10:10 am

Quote:
Hi, welcome. I neve rheard of TMS for AS, but do think it is occasionally being used in hard-to-treat depression. Am I right on that?

Yes, TMS is used to treat depression, bipolars, etc... It has just started being used for AS so it is still very experimental. In other words, it doesn't work. The only good side, which is the only reason I agreed to it, is that there are no side effects, just a slight headache right after each session. Each session lasts only a couple minutes after which you are free to go back home or to work. I had 10 sessions which they said was enough to make an assessment and find out if the treatment is effective or not.

Anyway thank you all for your kind words, I really appreciate you guys.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 1:01 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

insecticide
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jul 2009, 5:57 pm

Quote:
I'm trying to learn how to "speak NT". Non-verbal communication, eye contact and body language. Apparently thats how they communicate. I'm finding people are responding differently at times. Realising that NTs do automatically what we have to do consciously is an important step.

And how exactly do you do that?

I've been trying so hard for such a long time and it doesn't work :cry:

How do you find the strength within you to keep trying and not give up?