Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

twychy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2009, 12:14 pm

Hi. I found my way here because I think I my have AS with Bipolar. its not really important to get a postive diagnosis now i am 62 but i m so fed up with being thought odd or wilfull or attention seeking ( because i generally talk about things that interest me, ) I have avoided social settings like parties and clubs because i dont fit in but I have a love of tai chi and have been to an adult education class for many years, This was ok for a long time and there were many people who seemed to like me but they got older and some ill and those people left and others joined that were judgemental and i found myself struggling, because i avoid eye contact.. when i have shared things in an effort to join in the conversations.. i have been disbelieved . my daughter just gained a first class honours
and started work as a radiographer and when people asked what our children did i shared this and have been told that one couple inn particular have been saying things behind my back and that i am a liar. ive started to become very withdrawn again and getting to a point where i dont speak even to my family and im angry which makes me feel a bit manic and i cant sleep. Do any of you avoid eye contact but have decent vocabulary and find people think your telling lies or seeking attention nd how do you deal with it? it is so bad not to be able to share celebartions of good things or acheivements . i am considering not going back and dont know if i actually can.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 2:32 pm

Welcome aboard the Wrong Planet, twychy.

Benneh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Nov 2009, 2:40 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet twychy!
Hope you enjoy yourself here.

BruceCM
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 2:53 pm

I'm usually OK with eye contact. Can you look at their face, around the eye area? It's a while since anybody thought I was 'attention-seeking' or lying - but you must know that you may seem what they'd consider shifty. Sorry, just saying that's how it may seem! Other than that, I'm sorry I can't help but welcome here, anyway.

www.zomgreloaded.com

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 4:13 pm

Hello twychy, and welcome!

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Nov 2009, 5:30 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

twychy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Nov 2009, 3:46 am

BruceCM wrote:
I'm usually OK with eye contact. Can you look at their face, around the eye area? It's a while since anybody thought I was 'attention-seeking' or lying - but you must know that you may seem what they'd consider shifty. Sorry, just saying that's how it may seem! Other than that, I'm sorry I can't help but welcome here, anyway.

Thnk you everyone for your welcome....
I can look them in the eye but ive sort of unfocused I couldnt tell you the colour of their eyes atall. . ive never really thought about it before but i am darting from the face to the background .. which would make me look shifty i guess, i just thought it was less obvious than it is.. . I can only say that ask me to give a description of their features. like do they have a high forhead?, what hair style -do they have.. do they have a fringe etc and i couldn't ..... but i would recognise them in the street. and just reading that back. i dont think im looking at the mouth area atall.