Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2010, 10:11 pm

In fact I wasnt gonna open a thread here, but then I thought of another reason to open one. I never did any self-introduction in any forums and in 3D I dont see the need for it and I definitely dont enjoy it if I am obliged to. So, seeing lots of people introducing themselves here, I wanna ask what is the motive behind this? Do they enjoy it or does it come as a natural action? I also wanna know if there are any people that feels exactly like me on the matter.

But for people that opened this thread for really knowing about the author, I am Umut from Ankara, Turkey, and I am a mechanical engineering student. I see myself as a mildly affected aspie.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 10:31 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet. :)

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 10:38 pm

I see it as a way for people to constantly welcome members, thus boosting their post count. Rather pointless to me, unless you have specific questions in the introduction.

TomTee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2010, 11:15 pm

for me, if I am understanding the question of this thread..... it is to express and identify with this condition... autism/aspergers.... possibly after having considered many diagnosis - so I guess its kind of like a sharing/confession/relief...experience... though YMMV as they say

14 Jan 2010, 11:27 pm

decoder wrote:
In fact I wasnt gonna open a thread here, but then I thought of another reason to open one. I never did any self-introduction in any forums and in 3D I dont see the need for it and I definitely dont enjoy it if I am obliged to. So, seeing lots of people introducing themselves here, I wanna ask what is the motive behind this? Do they enjoy it or does it come as a natural action? I also wanna know if there are any people that feels exactly like me on the matter.

But for people that opened this thread for really knowing about the author, I am Umut from Ankara, Turkey, and I am a mechanical engineering student. I see myself as a mildly affected aspie.

It helps people know who you are like when you were diagnosed, or if you have AS or not and other things you want them to know about. I didn't post an intro either when I first joined and then after 100 posts I did. But under this account I didn't People can know more about me just by reading through my posts but good luck with 9,981+ posts.

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 4:57 am

I didn't create an introduction thread when I joined and don't often post in them....

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 5:51 am

Well, do not worry that you didn't introduce yourself... I only discovered that I truly like it here after a few hundred posts.

Just feel welcome here and have fun here!! ! :)