Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

crey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Mar 2006, 10:37 pm

Love the little man...six years old and I just got his diagnosis. Thought I would joing up with your forum. Hello and thanks for running with the Wrong Planet! 8O

Rabbit
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Mar 2006, 11:09 pm

Glad you joined the forum.

I was 33 when I got diagnosed, and I don't know just how things go for people who grow up knowing that they are aspies. I will say that I hope you don't let them discourage you about your child potential.

Rabbit

crey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Mar 2006, 11:13 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I am jumping in with both feet to advocate for him. He is so bright and I have always seen a gift in the little tyke! From what I hear the greatest challenge is going to be through the educational system.

Any pointers from out there?

Florescent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2006, 12:11 pm

For when your son has it ruff remind him that that there is someone who is worse. I am a gifted aspie I have social skill and am very emotional I reach out to others only here though. My mom is only lovable everyother day. People should be more responsible. They should make sure they can handle having kids before the have sex. She thinks she is loveable but she is not. People she married and got divorced tramatized me. It makes me alone I can;t have social friendships or relationships because I have been tramatized. I am trying to see what I can handle though. My therapist said he does not know what it is the autistic process or pstd. I hate her so much I never have any friends and am stuck with the mess she left me. I am in the final stages of skin cancer and she maid fun of me and delayed my diagnosis. I am alone I can't work. I want relationship but something makes me slow and I will bet that b***h did it. There are times when I feal sorry for her and others were I don;t want to be alive. I just calmed down and now I have no one to share these tryppy moods with. I am ignored I am muscular attractive I can do physics with ease. I was ignored because I appear so functional for 16 years. Christ I am lucky to be alive.

Megan
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2006, 10:56 pm

Hello Crey. I am new myself. I am not an aspie, but I have a close relationship with a person who has AS. We are both young, I am almost 18, and we are going through this together. I am so curious about AS, and I want to understand Tanner as best as I can.

To Floresent
I would be more than happy to be your friend. I may not have AS, but I know something isn't quite right in my head. I was once abused by a previos boyfriend a few years ago. It has left me with emotional scares that I will bare for the rest of my life. I get in trippy moods myself because I can get real depressed. Talk to me whenever you'd like. I don't have alot of people to discuss my problems with myself.